Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,055)

Showing posts 41,081 - 41,100 of65,192
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Either him or Seaside.
Diversity of topics is always good
My favorite part of the collumn was the acknowledgement that often a controversial paper will be selected for publishing - that flies in the face of those who claim otherwise.
One of the most cutting edge science magazines I get excells at this. http://www.conservationmagazine.org/
Thanks for the link. Neat stuff there.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the link. Neat stuff there.
Its a really thought provoking magazine. Written subscription is about 20 bucks a year - a real bargain, considering. I never bother with the online version but I suspect they have more content.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you are not God
We also know that usually you think you are God
1. I'm god.
2. WRONG, as usual.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, this is not the 1800s and it is silly to pretend it is so.
If you would like to have a conversation, you need to rejoin the rest of society.
What you are talking about is a mixture or culture and genetics
Hence the term ETHNO-RELIGOUS....
We are not measuring skull sizes and relating them to intelligence here...
Frijoles---I just posted a bunch of links that said that race was a sucky concept

HughBe--- So what? It is still a CONCEPT. Did this fact miss you, dear? Yes it did.
How many times must I tell you that I am NOT influenced by the opinions of men? I am yet to be impressed by them.

Frijoles---The point is, this is not the 1800s and it is silly to pretend it is so.

HughBe--- it is SILLY and patently STUPID to even suggest that the concept of RACE died out in the 1800s. Which world do you live in?

Right now in 2012 RACE is a MAJOR issue in America. Your ignorance of this fact is forgiven after all you live elsewhere.

Frijoles--If you would like to have a conversation, you need to rejoin the rest of society.

HughBe--- I'm not a club member and don't have that type of mindset.

Frijoles--What you are talking about is a mixture or culture and genetics

HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?

So you speak of MIXTURE and part of that MIX is RACE/genetics.

Frijoles---Hence the term ETHNO-RELIGOUS....

HughBe--- BS. It is a tool that is used to enslave others. I have demonstrated this countless times. You shall now be given the opportunity to do it yourself.

Tell me about the RELIGIOUS aspect of atheists, agnostics and other secular or non-RELIGIOUS Jews.

Do you suppose that the Jews in Jamaica observe the culture of Jamaica? What is culture?

Reconcile your make-belief with the reality.

Finally, are Muslims in Iran, Iraq, Egypt etc. or even in England ethnoreligious?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm god.
2. WRONG, as usual.
Irony was never one of your strongest traits
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
THIRD TIME
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnoreligious_g...
An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also unified by a common religious background.
Ethnoreligious communities define their ethnic identity NEITHER EXCLUSIVELY by ancestral heritage nor simply by religious affiliation, but often through a combination of both[citation needed](a long shared history; a cultural tradition of its own; either a common geographical origin, or descent from a small number of common ancestors; a common language, not necessarily peculiar to the group; a common literature peculiar to the group; a common religion different from that of neighbouring groups; being a minority or being an oppressed or a dominant group within a larger community).[citation needed]
Examples of ethnic groups defined by ancestral religions are the Jews, the Druze of the Levant, the Copts of Egypt, the Yazidi of northern Iraq, the Zoroastrians of Iran and India, and the Serer of Senegal, the Gambia and Mauritania.[1]
In an ethnoreligious group, particular emphasis is placed upon religious endogamy, and the concurrent discouragement of interfaith marriages or intercourse, as a means of preserving the stability and historical longevity of the community and culture.[citation needed] This adherence to religious endogamy can also, in some instances, be tied to ethnic nationalism if the ethnoreligious group possesses a historical base in a specific region.[citation needed]
----
Empahsis is CAPS added by me
Frijoles---"An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also UNIFIED by a common religious background."

HughBe--- Let me thank you for your words or quote above. Please explain to me how such a quote supports your point about Jews being an ethno-religious group.

HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in religion with other Jews who do NOT share your religious beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS.

I wait with bated breath.

PS: I shall be using the UNIFIED in religion part in the future.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yeah! you got them from the talking critters, like everyone else and their grandmother of all. as you have all been guilty of driving, under the influence of talking, editing, texting, and publishing critters.
When I made my comment, I was thinking about life in general and what to believe and what not to believe.

For example, I REJECT many of the teachings of the church that I currently attend.Why? Doctrines must harmonise with scriptures for me to accept them. In essence I don't follow or are influenced by others.

Beyond that I have observed that many "experts" are not genuine intelligence. What you have are people who study hard acquire knowledge but who lack genuine UNDERSTANDING.

The state of the nations tell you this. THere are those who sample 50 persons and then make generalize statements about over 300,000,000 persons. These are the "experts" that Frijoles respect but I deem them for what they are, FOOLS.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony was never one of your strongest traits
HughBe---
1. I'm god.
2. WRONG, as usual.

Frijoles--Irony was never one of your strongest traits

HughBe--- noted. Observation, subtlety is not your strong point.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

bye-Frijie.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---"An ethnoreligious group (or ethno-religious group) is an ethnic group of people whose members are also UNIFIED by a common religious background."
HughBe--- Let me thank you for your words or quote above. Please explain to me how such a quote supports your point about Jews being an ethno-religious group.
HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in religion with other Jews who do NOT share your religious beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS.
I wait with bated breath.
PS: I shall be using the UNIFIED in religion part in the future.
It doesnt matter. Look up the meaning of either/or. If you are a jew, in most likelihood you either practice the religion OR are related to someone that does.

FR pretty much nailed it. Either you are religious, or you are ethnically, or both.

You are the ONLY person on this planet who refuses to believe this. Thats YOUR cognitive issue, not OURS.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, are Muslims in Iran, Iraq, Egypt etc. or even in England ethnoreligious?
There are subgroups of muslims who are ethno-religious, but to be a muslim you dont necessarily have to be.

Ditto for Christians.

Both Islam and Christianity are religions of individuals, but that does not preclude an ethnic group from adopting some host version of that religion for their tribal group.

Wiki had some examples of this.

You would benefit to study the Social Sciences sometime - maybe start with Anthropology and then branch into Sociology.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I just posted a bunch of links that said that race was a sucky concept
HughBe--- So what? It is still a CONCEPT. Did this fact miss you, dear? Yes it did.
How many times must I tell you that I am NOT influenced by the opinions of men? I am yet to be impressed by them.
Frijoles---The point is, this is not the 1800s and it is silly to pretend it is so.
HughBe--- it is SILLY and patently STUPID to even suggest that the concept of RACE died out in the 1800s. Which world do you live in?
Right now in 2012 RACE is a MAJOR issue in America. Your ignorance of this fact is forgiven after all you live elsewhere.
Race in that context is not really about race,(no social or biological scientist this century would call it as such).

What you are getting at is skin color.

Yes, discrimination on basis of skin color happens in the US. We are far from a perfect society.

Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
.HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?
You make no sense.

I think what you are referring to is "ancestry", which is a factor of genetics/relatedness.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnoreligious_g...

The term "ethnoreligious" has been applied by at least one author to each of the following groups:

Alawis[15]
Amish[16]
Armenians[15]
Assyrians[17]
Bosniaks[18][19]
Circassians[15]
Copts[20]
Croats[21]
Druze[16]
Goan Catholics
Gorani
Hui people[22]
Jews
Crimean Karaites[23]
Malays[24][25][26][27][28]
Mandaeans
Mangalorean Catholics
Maronites[29]
Mennonites
Mormons[30]
Moro people
Parsi[31]
Rūm
Samaritans[32]
Serbs[21]
Serer people[1]
Sikhs
Somalis
Syrian Turkmens[15]
Waldensians[33]

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are subgroups of muslims who are ethno-religious, but to be a muslim you dont necessarily have to be.
Ditto for Christians.
Both Islam and Christianity are religions of individuals, but that does not preclude an ethnic group from adopting some host version of that religion for their tribal group.
You would benefit to study the Social Sciences sometime - maybe start with Anthropology and then branch into Sociology.
But apparently, Huggy learns everything he needs to know from these forums. Well, that and that mythology book.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
But apparently, Huggy learns everything he needs to know from these forums. Well, that and that mythology book.
I honestly wonder if he is one of those fundamentalists who would walk out of an Anthropology 100 lecture because the movie he is watching is the work of the devil.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly wonder if he is one of those fundamentalists who would walk out of an Anthropology 100 lecture because the movie he is watching is the work of the devil.
I think the prospect of actually learning something that would conflict with his religious beliefs would be enough to scare him away from even attempting to take the class. Got to protect the integrity of the bubble he lives in at all costs.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt matter. Look up the meaning of either/or. If you are a jew, in most likelihood you either practice the religion OR are related to someone that does.
FR pretty much nailed it. Either you are religious, or you are ethnically, or both.
You are the ONLY person on this planet who refuses to believe this. Thats YOUR cognitive issue, not OURS.
HughBe---Please FOCUS and try your best to address my post in an intelligent way. Thanks in advance.

Frijoles---If you are a jew, in MOST likelihood you either practice the religion OR are related to someone that does.

HughBe--- Do you have any idea the percentage of Jews that are secular? Clearly NOT. Your "MOST likelihood you either practice the religion.. " is very FOOLISH to say the least.

Now, so what if you are related to someone who practices Judaism? Does that make you a Judaite like you? NO.

If you are related to a Christian does that make you a Christian? NO.

Does the relationship with a believer makes the atheist Jew a believer in God? Does it mean that they have not rejected the way of God?

Where do you get these strange doctrines? Is in in the scriptures? NO. Is it from your rabbis? Most likely YES. As such, it is an example of why I call your rabbis IDIOTS and DECEIVERS. Explain the role of BLOOD relationship that you have no turned to. What are you really saying here?

Back to the outstanding matters.

HughBe--- Please explain to me how such a quote supports your point about Jews being an ethno-religious group.

HELP: Specifically, tell me how YOU and the other Judaites are UNIFIED in religion with other Jews who do NOT share your religious beliefs or who do NOT have any type of RELIGION e.g. ATHEISTS
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto for Christians.
First things first. Address my post below e.g.do the reconciliation and answer the questions e.g. what is genetics etc.

HughBe--- what is genetics? Is it BIOLOGY ? What is the meaning of MIXTURE? Could it be the combination of two or more things?

Frijoles---Hence the term ETHNO-RELIGOUS....

HughBe--- BS. It is a tool that is used to enslave others. I have demonstrated this countless times. You shall now be given the opportunity to do it yourself.

Tell me about the RELIGIOUS aspect of atheists, agnostics and other secular or non-RELIGIOUS Jews.

Do you suppose that the Jews in Jamaica observe the culture of Jamaica? What is culture?

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Race in that context is not really about race,(no social or biological scientist this century would call it as such).
What you are getting at is skin color.
Yes, discrimination on basis of skin color happens in the US. We are far from a perfect society.
Had you been an American you would have learnt long ago that RACE is a MAJOR issue in the US. Given that you are slow you really should have learnt even in 2012 and in fact it played a major part in the American election for president.

The more educated whites and younger ones voted based on their BRAINS older ones like you voted based on your feelings whatever those are.
Do the research, sometimes you can leave Israel your homeland and visit and look at other countries.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41,081 - 41,100 of65,192
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Monterey Forum right now

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Open Market Canada 15,670
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Blubbering 7,304
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sat Drafty 4,559
Jodi Arias' ex-boyfriend was womanizing cheater... (Apr '13) Sat hasterd 4
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Gomers 199,087
Youngster dies in police chase on Highway 1 in ... (Jul '10) Apr 16 Lorraine 29
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Apr 13 Just fine 3,746
•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search