Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,589
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#45026 Dec 7, 2012
Former--The Nazis thought those with blue eyes and blonde hair were superior. Traits one has no control over. Do you also believe this?

HughBe--- I don't have "blue eyes and blonde hair " so HOW COULD I BELIEVE THAT BS especially since I don't regard nobody as superior to me?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#45027 Dec 7, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-1A

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : MUGHAIRAH (ABU SUFIYAN) BIN HARITH BIN A’ MUTTALIB

A: Background:

He was the real first cousin of our prophet, and the one which was sucked by the same woman (Halima Saa’dia). He was of the same age as our prophet and was very close to our prophet before he proclaimed his mission.

He was very good looking and was very much similar to the prophet in built and appearance. He was a good warrior as well as a very good orator and e very accomplished poet.

Due to this close family ties and their childhood friendship, prophet expected that he would be amongst the first to believe in his message, but he was shocked to see that this Mughirah, not only rejected his mission but became his bitterest enemy.

He would not leave any opportunity to ridicule and make fun of Islam and Muslim and even the personality of our prophet. He would use his poetic skills against prophet and write couplets ridiculing message of prophet.

On one occasion, he even tried to spat on the face of prophet and said “ I would not believe in you, untill you bring down Gabriel from heaven and four other angels, and they testify that you are prophet of God….even then I doubt that I will believe in you”!!

The prophet was very saddened by seeing his cousin and long time friend speaking like this, but he bore the insult with grace and did not reply back.

B: The Tide turns:

After spending 13 years at Makkah, prophet had to flee to Medina and series of battles took place between him and Makkan. This Abu Sufiyan was always present in the rank of armies and would fight for their cause.

However after 8 years of warfare, it was evident that Makkan were no match for the skills and force of our prophet and fall of Makkah was eminent. The news came to Mughairah that prophet is going to attack Makkah soon with a big army.

He knew what would happen to him, if he came in the hands of prophet, he said to his wife “That let us fled Makkah before Prophet’s armies capture Makkah, because they will not leave me alive”

His wife told him “Woe to you, don’t you see how every one is accepting his faith, you should have done this long ago, it is best if you go and seek his pardon”

So he took his young son with him and went to Medina….when prophet saw him, he turned his face away, he came from that direction and faced prophet, prophet again turned his face from his direction..

He asked Um Salima , wife of prophet , to ask pardon from his prophet on his behalf, she agreed and said to prophet “O prophet of Allah, wont you forgive son of your uncle?”

“And what sort of a son of uncle has he been so far” said the prophet “How much have I suffered at his hands?”

Dejected, Mughirah declared that he will go into desert, with his son and they would both die in the desert with thirst and hunger……when prophet heard this resolve, he had mercy on him and ask him to turn back.

Thereupon he declared his faith and became a true disciple of prophet.

( Contd.)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#45028 Dec 7, 2012
C: As a Muslim:

He was very conscious of his past behaviour to prophet and he never ever even eyed the prophet with full looks always lowering his gaze when he came in presence of prophet.

He tried to compensate for his earlier behaviour, by engaging in long prayers during days and nights, till prophet was convinced of his sincerity and praised him before people.

He used his poetic skills to write couplet in praise of prophet now.

In the battle of Hunain which came just after conquest of Makkah, when the fighting became very severe and many Muslims fled, he was the one along with Abbas who were holding the mount of prophet.

Such was the Sword of Prophet which Killed Mughirah for ever and ever!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45030 Dec 8, 2012
HughBe wrote:
HughBe---Oh, so you believe in a Sentient, Intelligent, Lawmaker etc., very good.
Former--Not in the religious sense.
HughBe-- In what sense do you believe it?
I believe we have lawmakers in Washington DC and that some of them are sentient and intelligent.
HughBe wrote:
1. It is impossible to speak to a PERSON if there is no PERSON.
2. You are alive now. If I close my eyes etc. YOU will not know the conversation that I had in my mind BUT you still exist. So don't expect Ben F and company to respond to you. Get it?
So you can't really talk to dead people or imaginary beings (such as god) then - correct?

In your own mind, of course you can do or be whatever you want.
HughBe wrote:
Now, Ben F and others don't have a physical existence anymore BUT they have a SPIRITUAL existence. Get It?
No. What do you mean by spititual existence?

I have heard these terms before but have never seen evidence, much like Santa Claus.

Does all those only occur "in your mind" like certain of your "Conversations"?
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- You don't hear many things. The Jewish people are NOT Frijoles people or that of the overlords. They are mere members of that RACE. The enslavement of the Jewish people by their overlords is a matter of FACT whether or not YOU or anyone else likes it. There is no disrespect to call it for what it is and if it is considered disrespectful by some to speak TRUTH then to HELL with them.
I realize in history that Jews were enslaved. Is this what you mean?

Not today.

What is a Jewish "overlord"? I don't know this term.
HughBe wrote:
HughBe-- Plus I accept the account of the Jewish people. THINK before you open your mouth again.
Former--You don't care about the source of your information.
HughBe--- Are you really casting ASPERSIONS on the Jewish people? That is certainly very good and RESPECTFUL of you.
If I believed everyone else's religious beliefs, then my beliefs would not be my own, would they?

We all are all free to worship (or not) as we choose.

I do not see this as disrespectful.

However you words are disrespectful: "slaves" "overlords" "folly"

Certainly you see the difference, if you are not being obtuse.
HughBe wrote:
Former--So again I ask, are all things man-made useless or just his religion?
HughBe-- A lot of religious teachings are pure BS.
Is this another example of you showing respect?

How about YOUR religion is BS?! What do you think of that?

This sort of talk really does nothing to advance the conversation, does it?
HughBe wrote:
HughBe--- what CS is that? Again, do you hold a view as to how man came into existence?
Former--3rd time - NO, I not.
HughBe--- STRANGE.
I also don't hold a view as to what you had for breakfast today.

Unknown and likely unknowable - get it?
HughBe wrote:
Former--You accept the idea of judging people's superiority (or lack therof) by physical traits not under their control.
HughBe--- Read with understanding. I shall NOW say that PHYSICAL TRAITS can make people superior over others in doing some things e.g. playing basketball.
You hadn't qualified your statement in this way before.

That was sloppy thinking and sloppy expression.

Do better.
HughBe wrote:
Why are some people SMARTER than others? Is it PHYSICAL traits?
Combination of things.

But it came to be for me, howver it happened.

:)
HughBe wrote:
Former--You have that in common with the Nazis.
HughBe-- Your country has that in common with the Nazis where whites to a large extent and for centuries felt themselves BETTER than blacks.
Racism is real. No argument here.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45031 Dec 8, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING IS SCREAMING OUT.
Think for a change, I am reincarnated and yet I have no knowledge of it yet others know about MY OWN experience/reincarnation.
Don't you THINK?
So you agree that you worship your god without a shred of evidence?

I have no idea what you're saying about reincarnation. How would "others" know if you were reincarnated? I've never heard of this.

You don't seem to be making sense.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#45032 Dec 8, 2012
HughBe wrote:
Former--The Nazis thought those with blue eyes and blonde hair were superior. Traits one has no control over. Do you also believe this?
HughBe--- I don't have "blue eyes and blonde hair " so HOW COULD I BELIEVE THAT BS especially since I don't regard nobody as superior to me?
You are saying that you do in fact regard SOMEBODY as superior to you.

Ever heard of a "double negative?"

Sloppy thinking leads to sloppy communication.

I know you will strive to do better.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45033 Dec 8, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
As I read your post ONLY one thought keeps repeating itself, DELUSIONAL.
rabbee: well it's tough when you have, two or more napoleons in the looney bin. while each consideres, the other as delusional. as the only gengis khan among them, think their all stupid.
10th LIGHT HORSE WA

Australia

#45034 Dec 8, 2012
Jews say they are persecuted everywhere
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45035 Dec 8, 2012
10th LIGHT HORSE WA wrote:
Jews say they are persecuted everywhere
rabbee: so?
Juice r bad

Chicago, IL

#45036 Dec 8, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so?
"people who are prosecuted for over 2000 years must be doing something wrong " - Henry Kissinger
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45037 Dec 8, 2012
"Posters who cant take the time to spellcheck are definitely doing something wrong"

Frijoles
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45038 Dec 8, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that I could read Hebrew? NO
Learn this well known fact, there is something called TRANSLATIONS.
The Complete Jewish Bible on-line is a TRANSLATION. I know that you did not know this but that is consistent with your ignorance about many things.
And with the translations come the multiple interpretations.
such as yours.

next time dont make the error declaring you know anything about the Jewish religion by your participation on this forum

You are excused for this one error.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45039 Dec 8, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR LACK OF UNDERSTANDING IS SCREAMING OUT.
Think for a change, I am reincarnated and yet I have no knowledge of it yet others know about MY OWN experience/reincarnation.
Don't you THINK?
So, thats your litmus test for certainty?

I KNOW you were a dung beetle in your last life.

Do you feel better now?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45040 Dec 8, 2012
Abdalla Ovadia Cohen wrote:
@Frijoles
Don't get me wrong .
The jewish homeland is Israel , since 3800 years ago.
Much before Colombus took a cruise to America or much before the pagan tribes became muslim .
Thanks for the post. It was informative.

FR was correct. We were differing on semantics, but not concept.

Though I am intrigued that the last one true Jew is not shomer shabbas. Ever read about the last 2 Jews in Afghanistan?

I agree (to a point) that we are closer to Arab culture than European culture. But that doesnt mean we shouldnt be nice to the rest of the world.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45041 Dec 8, 2012
Mashaal: Hamas won't recognize Israel
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-431...

"The West Bank, Gaza Strip and Israeli Arabs are united in the path of resistance, Jihad and the shahids," he told the elated masses....

"Palestine is ours from the river to the sea and from the south to the north. There will be no concession on an inch of the land," he said.

"We will never recognize the legitimacy of the Israeli occupation and therefore there is no legitimacy for Israel, no matter how long it will take."

The politburo chief continued: "Jihad and the armed resistance is the only true path to liberation."

He congratulated the militants who were able to target cities in central Israel, saying that "We don't kill Jews because they are Jews. We kill the Zionists because they are conquerors and we will continue to kill anyone who takes our land and our holy places.

----------
nice guy, huh?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#45042 Dec 8, 2012
Juice r bad wrote:
<quoted text>
"people who are prosecuted for over 2000 years must be doing something wrong " - Henry Kissinger
rabbee: i am not concerned, with what mental migets think. even if it happens to be another alleged as a jew. the whole rest of the world, has never been right with G-D.

at least the ones claimed to be the jews. but at least a few, have truly been there a few times. and that is more than i can say, for the rest of this obstinate and stiffnecked world.

and what makes you think, that even kissinger was ever true to G-D?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#45043 Dec 8, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
"Posters who cant take the time to spellcheck are definitely doing something wrong"
Frijoles
The DA on that case sure was taking his time "prosecuting" the Jews.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45044 Dec 8, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The DA on that case sure was taking his time "prosecuting" the Jews.
Not to worry, thats because we control the courts...
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#45045 Dec 8, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
and what makes you think, that even kissinger was ever true to G-D?
and what makes you think, that even kissinger was ever true?
Urm Omma

Tewksbury, MA

#45046 Dec 8, 2012
Funny how so many people hate the US, but want to come here or be just like us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Nov 21 Kerry Jones 29
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 19 ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Seaside Police: Family of child found wandering... Nov 1 Vanessa butler 1
Who do you support for Superintendent of Public... (Oct '10) Oct 30 concernedconserva... 48
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:48 pm PST