Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,320
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44919 Dec 5, 2012
Drake Baby Formula wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya obviously you need thicker glasses and your license suspended indefinately. I actually walk around with a satelite dish on my head and pc tiwer strapped to my back but nobody even notuce over here. I refuse to buy into this new smartphone technology like you refuse to admit you have the motor skills of an turtle.
Your posts are clearly sincere and heatfelt.

We will make any special accommodations required by law to make you comfortable and productive.

I join in welcoming you to the forum.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44920 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey - dont beat up on my friend!
It wasnt but a few years back where I used to post "Eat More Papayas Please" randomly.
And other times I would pust under the name Attorney Lionel Hutz esq and declare "THIS is an OUTRAGE" to anything I felt like.
Those were the good ole days.
Was that YOU?!!!

Funny stuff.

I think I responded a few times.
Attorney Lionel Hutz esq

Madison, CT

#44921 Dec 5, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that YOU?!!!
Funny stuff.
THIS is an OUTRAGE!!!
Eat More Papayas

Madison, CT

#44922 Dec 5, 2012
Eat more papayas please.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44923 Dec 5, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that YOU?!!!
Funny stuff.
I never responded back. To anyone. Matter of principle and character.

I did enjoy the people who would try to analyze what exactly I was outraged about. And the ones who missed the joke in my name.

And if I was in a particular foul mood, I would post (infrequently)under the name "DogPoopInMyFood".
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44924 Dec 5, 2012
Attorney Lionel Hutz esq wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS is an OUTRAGE!!!
ahhhh...makes me wonder what ever happend to the cow.

he's the one who taught me the word "sammitch!"

what was that other thing he always said??

you remember the retired gpd cop from south carolina?

i figure out who he was and he disappeared after that
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#44925 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
So I was going to pose this question to Yoda....
If you make a two slurries of soil solution - the first with KCl and the second with distilled water, and test for pH of each slurry, and the KCl slurry sample has a lower pH than the distilled water slurry sample, is the soil minerology more dominated by kaolinite (a 1:1 clay) or smectite (a 2:1 clay)? Why?
rabbee: well that would be a swell one, for clay yogert. although i am not familiar of most soil chemistry and compositions. i would have to say kayolins, cause i am slightly familiar with bentonite here in colorado. but i also know, the that the OH hydroxide radical in koalin, is higher than in the bentonite here in colorado. but i am not familiar with all the forms of different types of clays. that plus the metalic silicates, tend to vary in smectite. and that it is really difficult to increase, acidity to bentonite clay here in colorado.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44926 Dec 5, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhhh...makes me wonder what ever happend to the cow.
he's the one who taught me the word "sammitch!"
what was that other thing he always said??
you remember the retired gpd cop from south carolina?
i figure out who he was and he disappeared after that
What would your boy Lanny Davis say?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44927 Dec 5, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well that would be a swell one, for clay yogert. although i am not familiar of most soil chemistry and compositions. i would have to say kayolins, cause i am slightly familiar with bentonite here in colorado. but i also know, the that the OH hydroxide radical in koalin, is higher than in the bentonite here in colorado. but i am not familiar with all the forms of different types of clays. that plus the metalic silicates, tend to vary in smectite. and that it is really difficult to increase, acidity to bentonite clay here in colorado.
It was a hard one. The deal is that both types of clays have ph variable charges and ph permanent charges. The permanet charges are due to isomorphic substitution within the interior of the clay lattice of certain cat ions. The variable charges are due to protonation and deprotonation of -OH at the edge of the clays (depending on pH).(at low pH the -OH becomes -OH+2, at high Ph the -O) becomes -O)

These are phylosilicates - i.e. layered clays. 1:1 means silicon tetrahedral sheet paired with an aluminum octahedreal sheet. 2:1 means silicon sheet: aluminum sheet: silicon sheet.

1:1 clays have more pH variable charges than 2:1 clays, and therefore an anion exchange capacity (AEC) at low pH. Low pH of KCL sample indicates an AEC potential, therefore the sample is more likely to be 1:1.

That was a hard one. I know.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#44928 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a hard one. The deal is that both types of clays have ph variable charges and ph permanent charges. The permanet charges are due to isomorphic substitution within the interior of the clay lattice of certain cat ions. The variable charges are due to protonation and deprotonation of -OH at the edge of the clays (depending on pH).(at low pH the -OH becomes -OH+2, at high Ph the -O) becomes -O)
These are phylosilicates - i.e. layered clays. 1:1 means silicon tetrahedral sheet paired with an aluminum octahedreal sheet. 2:1 means silicon sheet: aluminum sheet: silicon sheet.
1:1 clays have more pH variable charges than 2:1 clays, and therefore an anion exchange capacity (AEC) at low pH. Low pH of KCL sample indicates an AEC potential, therefore the sample is more likely to be 1:1.
That was a hard one. I know.
rabbee: hey as long as i had, the righ answer. without all, the other fancy stuff. i am happy, even if it did stess my brain remembering stuff i had actually done. and a really really, long time ago. not exactly like total recall, but close enough for dancing.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44929 Dec 5, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: hey as long as i had, the righ answer. without all, the other fancy stuff. i am happy, even if it did stess my brain remembering stuff i had actually done. and a really really, long time ago. not exactly like total recall, but close enough for dancing.
I made a boo boo. I meant to say the KCL sample had a HIGHER pH.(AEC greater than the CEC (cat ion exchange capacity).

I have another question - this one more open (I dotn know the answer to)

Why is it my hair turns to straw when I swim in a chlorinated pool? Do the special swimmers shampoos actually work? They claim to acidify and most of them have sulfur.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44930 Dec 5, 2012
adios!
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44931 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
adios!
Hey!

It's not Friday.

;)

Shalom
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#44933 Dec 5, 2012
Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-1

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : OMAR BIN KHATTAB BIN NOUFEL, the 2nd Caliph of Islam.

A. Early History:

Omar, the famed second Caliph of Islam was from the ADI clan of Makkah, he was a known warrior of Makkah, very brave, very outspoken, a man of infinite resolute and firmness.

His family was responsible for solving “Inter clan” disputes in conflicts, so he had much interaction with people of different tribes of Arabia, before prophet declared his mission.

His Uncle Zaid Bin Noufel, was one of the group, which is called “Haneef”, i.e. ones who had stopped worship of idols and kept them aloof from religious life of Makkan people. Both Omar and his father Khattab were unhappy with Zaid and used to ridicule him openly.

When prophet declared his mission, Omar became one of his staunchest enemies. He used to torture those who had become Muslims.

He was in that state for first 8 years of Prophet’s mission in Makkah and he witnessed as a non believer, muslims migration to Abyssinia…..the scene touched his heart….so many people leaving their homeland for the sake of their faith….there must be some thing in it, he thought.

B. How did prophet “slay” him:

One night prophet prayed to Allah,“I beseech you to strengthen Islam with either Omar or ‘Amr (Abu Jahl)…”.

Not long after that, Omar came out of his house with unsheathed sword in his hand and moving in the direction of house where Prophet used to teach his followers.

“Where are you going, Omar” some one asked him

“I am going to Kill Mohammad and end this trouble once for all” said Omar.

“First you should take care of your own house, before going to kill Mohammad, do you know , your sister and her husband have both become Muslims” he said to Omar.

Omar was stunned with this news, he immediately changed his route and went to his sister’s house. He listened Quran being recited from inside, he knocked the door with force and when his brother in law opened it, he started beating him…..when his sister tried to save her husband, Omar slapped her with force, and her nose started bleeding.

His sister said Loudly “Yes Omar, we have become Muslims, do what you can!!”.

Omar felt ashamed by seeing blood running on face of her sister, his anger was gone and he asked “show me what you were reading”…..He was shown one chapter of Quran and when he read, his doubts vanished.

He went straight to prophet and became Muslim, his conversion pleased prophet and Muslims very much, because they have won to their side, one strong pillar of strength.

C. His Life with Prophet:

Omar soon became a trusted companion of prophet and he was with prophet for remaining period of his Makkan and Medina period.

He was with prophet in all battles and was consulted by prophet in every major issue. His stature amongst all companions of prophet was next only to Abu Bakr, the first Caliph.

Prophet trusted him intimately and sent him on many missions, his knowledge about Islam and its legal and ritual system increased with each passing day.

Prophet was extremely happy with him and on more than one occasion predicted that he will enter paradise.

(Contd.)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#44934 Dec 5, 2012
D. With First Caliph:

When prophet dies in year 11 AH, Omar was instrumental in installing Abu Bakr as First Caliph and saw to it that no dispute took place amongst Muslims.

He was most trusted companion of Abu Bakr in the difficult period of Muslim nation after the death of Prophet. With infinite resolution of Abu Bakr and strong support by Omar and other Companions , internal strife was soon overcome.

Abu Bake then decided to take head on “The two super powers of that age” Iran and Byzantine both at the same time. He dispatched armies to both directions.

During his short life time of two years, most of Iraq was freed from Iran and some portion of Syria was taken from Roman empire…..but the battles were far from over.

E. As second Caliph:

On his death bed, Abu Bakr Nominated Omar to be his heir…..when he became Caliph ….he started the mission which Abu Bake had started.

During his reign of 12 years, Iran was crushed as a Superpower….whole of Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, and Egypt were added to Islamic nation. Omar personally took the keys of City of Jerusalem from Christians.

In very short period of ten years, Omar became the ruler of Biggest Land Nation…..the size of country does not matter much, it was his justice , fair play and impartiality that places him amongst the most able rulers of the world.

His life history as ruler of Muslim state, is exemplary and guide lamp for Muslims of all ages.

He was martyred after 12 years of leading Muslim nation as Caliph and was buried along side Prophet and Abu Bakr….the “Best Honor” that he wished in this life!!

Such is the wonderful story of Omar, who was “slain” by the “Prayer of prophet”!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44935 Dec 5, 2012
Drake Baby Formula wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything else to add fruity nutbar? How about the law of not runing people over while driving.
Is it possible that in another life you were a driving instructor?

Do you by chance live in Co-op City?

I understand it's lovely this time year.
Jump for Joy

Cape Town, South Africa

#44936 Dec 5, 2012
You cannot force Jews to become practising Jews. There are always going to be people who want to be different. What are you going to do about the atheist,messianic and the agnostic Jews that are already in Israel? Are you going to force them at gun point to convert? Jews are a race, DNA proves that and not just a religion! The above are just as Jewish as anyone else and just as loyal to Israel! One of these days those freaks the Ultra Orthodox Jews will rule Israel and those pigs are worse that Muslims.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44937 Dec 6, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!
It's not Friday.
;)
Shalom
No, it sure isnt.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44938 Dec 6, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it sure isnt.
Where is our new driving commentator friend?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#44939 Dec 6, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is our new driving commentator friend?
Got busted for jay walking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 26 min brasso 2,263
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr just a post 5,064
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 hr langles 200,930
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sat OP ed again 15,987
The inconvenient 17-year pause in global warming (Sep '13) Sep 12 Earthling-1 123
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 11 gotti jr 9
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Sep 10 refer13 1,513
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••