Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,105
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44897 Dec 5, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
Why Is There Something Rather Than Nothing?
Short answer: Why not?
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvaria...
Yeah, he says maybe not even the right question.

Fascinating what the 'ole googler turns up.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44898 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when most of my social life revolved around the city. Yes, UWS. They create the BEST music in that place. And was(still is?) a singles place. That's its other reputation - music and singles.
Ahhh, like the Unitarians!(Singles, not as sure about the music.)

Love the city. Walking the Brooklyn Bridge. 5th Avenue around xmas time. All good. Washingto square. etc

Was in Tampa this summer with my very Catholic uncle (he sponsored my at my confirmation). And of so of coures we went to church.

They had the best music I ever heard in a Catholic church and I tool the music director so.

Real piano (not an organ); electric gutair; flute - great singing. good songs even.

Makes all the differecne. I think I even gave more $$!!
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44899 Dec 5, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, like the Unitarians!(Singles, not as sure about the music.)
Love the city. Walking the Brooklyn Bridge. 5th Avenue around xmas time. All good. Washingto square. etc
Was in Tampa this summer with my very Catholic uncle (he sponsored my at my confirmation). And of so of coures we went to church.
They had the best music I ever heard in a Catholic church and I tool the music director so.
Real piano (not an organ); electric gutair; flute - great singing. good songs even.
I guess it makes sense - religious institutions often produce good music (i.e. gospel, gregorian chants etc etc..). In BJs case (yes, the synagogue is referred to by those two VERY amusing initials) being in NYC they attract quality supporting musicians. I have a few CDs of some of the spinoff instrumental stuff. The clergy themselves have strong voices and a hip sense of beat, they could easily be rock stars in another profession.

The longer I live in CT the less I go into the city, except for business. Fatigue and cheapness.

Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44900 Dec 5, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh, like the Unitarians!
My brother in law is one of those. Rather nice religion (if there is a religion beneath it all).
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44901 Dec 5, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind the fact that "nothing" is more a concept than a reality. In reality, there is no "nothing".
I am still trying to grapple with the notion of imaginary numbers.

Though, ashamedly I have to admit the idea has become easier to grasp over time the more I converse with some of the less logical people here on this forum.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44902 Dec 5, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the popular instruments I remember include the oud, djemba, cello, electric guitar and fiddle.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#44903 Dec 5, 2012
former res wrote:
Can Something Come from Nothing?
http://commonsenseatheism.com/...
I think they're saying no, but I'm not sure.
rabbee: well according to all, my scientific studies. that everytime you divide something, you get a lot of nothing in between. so i am not so sure, this world is looking at anything right. with a lot of their nothing, truly in between their ears.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#44904 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Though, ashamedly I have to admit the idea has become easier to grasp over time the more I converse with some of the less logical people here on this forum.
rabbee: well so called real numbers, are said to only exist on the x,y,z axix planes. and any point between the x,y,z axis is called imaginary. so they are not as imaginary, as the are reported to be.

cause it is like, telling a clock, that the only real numbers are 12 - 3 - 6 - 9. and all the rest in between, are all only imaginary numbers.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44905 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it makes sense - religious institutions often produce good music (i.e. gospel, gregorian chants etc etc..). In BJs case (yes, the synagogue is referred to by those two VERY amusing initials) being in NYC they attract quality supporting musicians. I have a few CDs of some of the spinoff instrumental stuff. The clergy themselves have strong voices and a hip sense of beat, they could easily be rock stars in another profession.
The longer I live in CT the less I go into the city, except for business. Fatigue and cheapness.
I would definitely go.

We also go to the city (any city) less and less.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44906 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>My brother in law is one of those. Rather nice religion (if there is a religion beneath it all).
I remember my dad (former altar boy) saying, "oh they aren't REALLY a religion!" LOL
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#44907 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the popular instruments I remember include the oud, djemba, cello, electric guitar and fiddle.
rabbee: well my favorite instruments, were the anylitical balance, the spectromether, the microscope, spintheroscope, nicrome bead wire, data-loggers, scintillators, spectrum anylizers, lasers, and x-ray anylitical devices. just to name a few, of my favorite instruments/toys. in the unheard of, symphony.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44908 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The first two I would have to google.:)

Fiddles are always good.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44910 Dec 5, 2012
Halleluyah! The gentleman with the driving gripes wishes to communicate with the outside world.(I have to admit that I was finding his posts amusing, if not a bit on the manic side.)

Welcome!
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44911 Dec 5, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The first two I would have to google.:)
Fiddles are always good.
Middle eastern - North African influence
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#44912 Dec 5, 2012
Drake Baby Formula wrote:
You mean fiddlers on the roof? As long as you not driving then stay on the roof.
I see you, hunched over your computer in the basment.

Still in you flannel pj's.

Cheeto dust on your chin.

Yelling upstairs:

"Mom! Make me a sammitch!"

They just say, "ahh, he doesn't really bother anyone."

Remember, if you never go outside, you'll need to take extra vitamin D.

:)

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#44913 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Admittedly, the human mind wasn't designed to think deeply of things such as "infinity" and "nothing" since those traits weren't essential for survival, and thus, not prone to evolve by natural selection. It's these inherent limitations that lead many astray, trying to put agency and purpose where none necessarily need to be in an effort to resolve questions that are unanswerable.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44914 Dec 5, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well my favorite instruments, were the anylitical balance, the spectromether, the microscope, spintheroscope, nicrome bead wire, data-loggers, scintillators, spectrum anylizers, lasers, and x-ray anylitical devices. just to name a few, of my favorite instruments/toys. in the unheard of, symphony.
So I was going to pose this question to Yoda....

If you make a two slurries of soil solution - the first with KCl and the second with distilled water, and test for pH of each slurry, and the KCl slurry sample has a lower pH than the distilled water slurry sample, is the soil minerology more dominated by kaolinite (a 1:1 clay) or smectite (a 2:1 clay)? Why?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#44915 Dec 5, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
Halleluyah! The gentleman with the driving gripes wishes to communicate with the outside world.(I have to admit that I was finding his posts amusing, if not a bit on the manic side.)
Welcome!
Yes. Comic relief is always good to break up the tension and monotony. Keep up the good work Drake.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44917 Dec 5, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you, hunched over your computer in the basment.
Still in you flannel pj's.
Cheeto dust on your chin.
Yelling upstairs:
"Mom! Make me a sammitch!"
They just say, "ahh, he doesn't really bother anyone."
Remember, if you never go outside, you'll need to take extra vitamin D.
:)
Hey - dont beat up on my friend!

It wasnt but a few years back where I used to post "Eat More Papayas Please" randomly.

And other times I would pust under the name Attorney Lionel Hutz esq and declare "THIS is an OUTRAGE" to anything I felt like.

Those were the good ole days.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#44918 Dec 5, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Admittedly, the human mind wasn't designed to think deeply of things such as "infinity" and "nothing" since those traits weren't essential for survival, and thus, not prone to evolve by natural selection. It's these inherent limitations that lead many astray, trying to put agency and purpose where none necessarily need to be in an effort to resolve questions that are unanswerable.
You're not kidding. Ask any math geek and they will tell you that professed fluency in imaginary numbers does not put anyone on the fast track to get laid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 17 savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep '14 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep '14 fancy 3
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep '14 Mia 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs