Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,007
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#43080 Nov 9, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
This article is amusing
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_reckoning/2012...
The Five People Who Won the Election for Obama
rabbee: don't forget all, the muppet right activist.
seasidesoon

United States

#43081 Nov 9, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
More like people see through the birther movement.
This is the time for political healing.
tell that to your preferred news authority, Chris tingle Matthew , who states that Sandy was a godsend for Obama.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#43082 Nov 9, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- 1. I have no shower-mateS. 2. My condition is not contagious.3. It was a bloody mess, so to speak.
Ok - that's probably enough information.

BTW, do you notice it happening every 28 days?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#43083 Nov 9, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What tax changes are you referring to?
Right just like he was "forced" to accept the ndaa
2 out of 3 (or more) Americans are in favor of the wealthier among us paying a little more to help cut the deficit.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#43084 Nov 9, 2012
seasidesoon wrote:
<quoted text>tell that to your preferred news authority, Chris tingle Matthew , who states that Sandy was a godsend for Obama.
Did Katrina also help W's reputation?

Or do you think the response might be more important than the event itself?
seasidesoon

United States

#43085 Nov 9, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
which is why bush/cheney/rumsfled got away with being war criminals
thousands of americans and iraqi civilians killed for no reason whatsover
we should probably have a draft, like israel - then we'd all some skin in the game
I can agree with the Americans part of your comment. The iraqis were doing it just on their own.

Draft??? Can you imagine the anarchy we would have by the spoiled gen? The govt-owes-me gen? And the EBT gen??

In retrospect, it was a bad idea to get rid of it because it will be hell reinstating it.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#43086 Nov 9, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
2 out of 3 (or more) Americans are in favor of the wealthier among us paying a little more to help cut the deficit.
rabbee: the math is not there, to support such obsurd claims. the wealthy could not even beguin to match, the flood of money comming in for all the less wealthy.

and even collecting money, does not solve the overspending of congress. they have, a credit card addiction. if they can't solve that first, ain't nothing going to help this nation.

throwing little band aids, at a gaping wound wont save anyone. cause your not addressing the real problem. your living in reality, if you can't curb the overspending. and so far, all tax increases, has only resulted in more overspending.
Minnie

Candler, NC

#43087 Nov 9, 2012
They sure know how to persecute Gentiles. I lived there, and I know.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#43088 Nov 9, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sone of us, in fact a lot of us, in fact most of us, have no problem with gitmo being open- as long as we dont have new prisoners
I am fine with them adding new prisoners, as long as it is justified for American safety. Not so fine with torture, though...

#43089 Nov 9, 2012
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
If the fetus wasn't alive in the womb how could the man have killed it before its brith?
Lev.11:11
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
That was exactly my point. If it was alive in the womb, then it would have been killed upon being expelled. Since Exodus makes it clear that it is not killed, then it could not have been alive in the womb. Well, "alive" in the sense that it was not yet a living person. Obviously, the cells were living and multiplying...
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

#43090 Nov 9, 2012
seasidesoon wrote:
<quoted text>tell that to your preferred news authority, Chris tingle Matthew , who states that Sandy was a godsend for Obama.
He was ahead in the polls even before Sandy. You know, the polls. The Romney "surge" had long played itself out. Then Mit shot himself in the foot with the Jeep commercial, sealing the deal.

You know, the polls.

Those instruments of public opinion that accurately predicted the election, despite, to quote David Brooks, the "epistemic closure"* of certain key Republicans and the people who love them.

*The term "epistemic closure" has been used in US political debate to refer to the claim that the belief systems of political conservatives are closed systems of deduction, which cannot be affected by empirical evidence. This use of the term originated with blogger and commentator Julian Sanchez.[6]http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/Epistemic_closure
Voluntarist

United States

#43091 Nov 9, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the defecit is greatly outweighed by the national debt, who is going to pay that ?
Voluntarist

United States

#43092 Nov 9, 2012
National) 11/7/2012 - AMERICA'S
CLAIRVOYANT ELECTION SYSTEM -
Perhaps one of the oddest moments of all
during last night's live election coverage
was what happened to Karl Rove on Fox
Network News.
With Florida still too close to call and
hundreds of thousands of votes still out in
Ohio (including a large hunk of votes in
Romney strongholds), and with a spread of
about 100,000 votes separating the
candidates in Ohio, Fox called Ohio for
Obama. Karl Rove arranged to come on the
Fox network to voice his rebuttal.
Now, whatever you think of Rove, I think
most of us agree that he's a numbers guy.
His numbers didn't support the calling of
the state of Ohio at that point in time.
When he explained his reasoning, the Fox
anchor quickly shut him down. "It's a
science" he was told.
Based not on actual votes, but on
projections from a single private entity, the
National Election Pool (NEP), we were all
told what the election results were going to
be. When Rove pulled out his notes and
calculations, he was basically told "Shut up,
this is a science."
But is that what your vote really is? A
science project, to be viewed only by
experts inside a nesting set of black boxes,
completely out of public view?
http://blackboxvoting.org/

#43093 Nov 9, 2012
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
If the fetus wasn't alive in the womb how could the man have killed it before its brith?
Lev.11:11
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
Oh, and Lev >>17<< :11 is about the use of blood for sacrifice and that making it taboo for eating...
Voluntarist

United States

#43094 Nov 9, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fine with them adding new prisoners, as long as it is justified for American safety. Not so fine with torture, though...
what about suspension of habeas corpus?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#43095 Nov 9, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok - that's probably enough information.
BTW, do you notice it happening every 28 days?
1. Enough was given for you to understand.

2. No, I have not noticed any such thing and perhaps it is because this is the second time. It appears to me that although you were given "enough information" you missed the fact that I was not talking about a frontal condition, based on your question.

3. Remember I'm HughBe and not Frijoles and so your question was misdirected.
Voluntarist

United States

#43096 Nov 9, 2012
seasidesoon wrote:
<quoted text>I can agree with the Americans part of your comment. The iraqis were doing it just on their own.
Draft??? Can you imagine the anarchy we would have by the spoiled gen? The govt-owes-me gen? And the EBT gen??
In retrospect, it was a bad idea to get rid of it because it will be hell reinstating it.
I thought that involuntary servitude was abolished.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#43097 Nov 9, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Katrina also help W's reputation?
Or do you think the response might be more important than the event itself?
Just shows the level Obamabots.
"MSNBC windbag Chris Matthews said the unthinkable on election night — he’s happy Hurricane Sandy happened.

“I’m so glad we had that storm last week because I think the storm was one of those things,” the prattling pundit said on air Tuesday while trying to tie President Obama’s re-election to his handling of the hurricane.

Matthews’ galling gaffe visibly shocked co-anchor Rachel Maddow, prompting him to try to reel it back, to no avail.

“No, politically, I should say — not in terms of hurting people,” Matthews, 66, blubbered.“The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.”

"Did you say you are happy about sandy hitting?” tweeted @gfdimos.“I already think you are a doorknob. this would confirm that u r a dipsh--t.”

@SteveCox cited Hurricane Sandy’s death toll in slamming Matthews.“Chris Matthews should be fired ... Over 100 died in the US/millions hurting.”

“Chris Matthews is thrilled about Hurricane Sandy, if it helped Obama get elected,” tweeted @cassyfiano.“Sick, sick, sick, sick.”

On “Hardball” last night, Matthews blamed his comment on an election night that apparently kept him up past his bedtime.

“I was on for 10 hours straight ... until 3 in the morning and I said something terrible,” he told viewers.“I could say it was because I was tired, but I wasn’t thinking of the horrible mess the storm has made.
----------
Or maybe it was just the altitude, or the barometric pressure, perhaps too many uppers, or perhaps he's just a scumbag. But no, it can't be any of that (especially anything that hinges on personal responsibility)- so according to your impeccable analysis it's Bush's fault that Matthews is a moron.

Location hidden

#43098 Nov 9, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
He was ahead in the polls even before Sandy. You know, the polls. The Romney "surge" had long played itself out. Then Mit shot himself in the foot with the Jeep commercial, sealing the deal.
You know, the polls.
Those instruments of public opinion that accurately predicted the election, despite, to quote David Brooks, the "epistemic closure"* of certain key Republicans and the people who love them.
*The term "epistemic closure" has been used in US political debate to refer to the claim that the belief systems of political conservatives are closed systems of deduction, which cannot be affected by empirical evidence. This use of the term originated with blogger and commentator Julian Sanchez.[6]http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/Epistemic_closure
Hellooo - I'm talking about Chris Matthews here.. one of your sources.

Location hidden

#43099 Nov 9, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought that involuntary servitude was abolished.
I missed have missed the news bulletin..has the income tax amendment been repealed? If not, keep quiet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
the music thread (Apr '12) Dec 2 Musikologist 18
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web