Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,965)

Showing posts 39,281 - 39,300 of68,086
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not optimistic.
They are much too beholden to Grover Norquist, The Tea baggers etc.
Even Bohener had to walk back his comments to Diane Sawyer about Obamacare.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/09/us-...
rabbee: i did not know, that grover is against big bird and sesame street.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been alleged that the real reason Romney lost was that he took on Bird Bird.

Big Bird never looses.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

<quoted text>
It's well known among the inner circles that grover has been atttempting for quite a while now to make a power play against bird bird and his gay-marriage supporting allies, bert and ernie.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am more cautiously optomistic. Boehner is just a puppet. Its not clear who the puppeteers are going to be yet.
He'd lose his speakership if he compromised with obama.

Obama is sticking to his voter-approved idea of raising taxes on the wealthy. Most Americans support this.

I don't see him backing off this one, this time.

But all these GOP guys have signed Grover's pledge and the tea baggers would go nuts as well.

someone will blink. when Newt shut the gov't down, his party paid the price.

It will be interesting if nothing else.

I just know right now, my IRA is suffering.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

<quoted text>
He's against everything that is good and decent!

;)
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
He'd lose his speakership if he compromised with obama.
Obama is sticking to his voter-approved idea of raising taxes on the wealthy. Most Americans support this.
I don't see him backing off this one, this time.
But all these GOP guys have signed Grover's pledge and the tea baggers would go nuts as well.
someone will blink. when Newt shut the gov't down, his party paid the price.
It will be interesting if nothing else.
I just know right now, my IRA is suffering.
I think it would be nieve not to expect your IRA not to be extremely volatile over the next few months.

I see the GOP backing down well before Obama does. At some point they have to internalize the election. Thats why I think all eyes should be on Faux news to see which way they go, as they are the bellweather. Faux doesnt even have to cave IMO, it just have to start behaving more like FOX and less like FAUX. We saw a peep of that when they made Karl look like monkeysht.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

He sounds like a real character - I bet he's correct that the SRO spots would sell:

The colorful, attention-loving chief of Ryanair is at it again. The same CEO who suggested installing pay toilets on planes is now revisiting the idea of standing-room-only sections on flights and dissing the safety feature fliers use most.

“Seat belts don't matter,” Michael O’Leary told The Telegraph.“If there ever was a crash on an aircraft, God forbid, a seat belt won’t save you.”

O’Leary is reportedly on a quest to take out the back ten rows of seats on planes so that Ryanair could offer tickets for one pound (about $1.60) to budget travelers willing to spend a flight on their feet in a “standing cabin.” The Irish airline is already known for its rock-bottom fares and extensive menu of fees for everything from early boarding to excess baggage.

What about the safety of passengers not buckled in? O’Leary told the paper they could just “hang on to the handle” when necessary and would be “fine,” adding that there’s little turbulence in Europe to worry about. People traveling by subway or train don’t wear seat belts, he pointed out.

"The problem with aviation is that for 50 years it's been populated by people who think it's this wondrous sexual experience; that it's like James Bond and wonderful and we'll all be flying first class when really it's just a ... bus with wings,” O’Leary told The Telegraph.

If you say to passengers it's £25 for the seat and £1 for the standing cabin, I guarantee we will sell the standing cabin first.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/ryanair-ceo-sea...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be nieve not to expect your IRA not to be extremely volatile over the next few months.
I see the GOP backing down well before Obama does. At some point they have to internalize the election. Thats why I think all eyes should be on Faux news to see which way they go, as they are the bellweather. Faux doesnt even have to cave IMO, it just have to start behaving more like FOX and less like FAUX. We saw a peep of that when they made Karl look like monkeysht.
Of course. Stocks go up, stocks go down. I've know that for a long time.

The point is simply that the market is not happy (as usual) with this uncertainly about the fiscal cliff.

So aside from what's good for the county, I was simply indulging in a bit of enlightened self-interest.

:))

We'll see. Public opinion has not always driven politics. I think of Bush/Cheny/Rumsfeld stubbornly remaining in Iraq when 2/3 of the country wanted us out.

But there is hope. Funny you should mention Fox:

The crucial role that Latino voters played in denying Mitt Romney and Republicans the presidency got the attention of many political observers -- and at least one hard-line opponent of immigration reform.

Radio and television hotspur Sean Hannity — who for years has spit the word “amnesty” like an epithet — declared Thursday that he has “evolved” and now supports creating a “pathway” to citizenship for those already in the country illegally.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-pn...
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. Stocks go up, stocks go down. I've know that for a long time.
The point is simply that the market is not happy (as usual) with this uncertainly about the fiscal cliff.
So aside from what's good for the county, I was simply indulging in a bit of enlightened self-interest.
We'll see. Public opinion has not always driven politics. I think of Bush/Cheny/Rumsfeld stubbornly remaining in Iraq when 2/3 of the country wanted us out.
The crucial role that Latino voters played in denying Mitt Romney and Republicans the presidency got the attention of many political observers -- and at least one hard-line opponent of immigration reform.
Radio and television hotspur Sean Hannity — who for years has spit the word “amnesty” like an epithet — declared Thursday that he has “evolved” and now supports creating a “pathway” to citizenship for those already in the country illegally.
This article is amusing

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_reckoning/2012...

The Five People Who Won the Election for Obama
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats interesting - I hadnt even advanced my thinking to consider how their commentators were going to "evolve" - I was focused on their news division. To be a news division. But someone needs to prepare the masses I guess.

A comment at the bottom is most telling. Is Sean sincere or will he come off as a Mit Romney opportunist? And does it even matter?
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

And then there is the Daily Dose of Karl Denial

Megyn Kelly Informs Karl Rove Obama Won Reelection
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
This article is amusing
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_reckoning/2012...
The Five People Who Won the Election for Obama
Good read.

And Aikin, Mourdock, Clint Eastwood....

Every little bit helps!
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats interesting - I hadnt even advanced my thinking to consider how their commentators were going to "evolve" - I was focused on their news division. To be a news division. But someone needs to prepare the masses I guess.
A comment at the bottom is most telling. Is Sean sincere or will he come off as a Mit Romney opportunist? And does it even matter?
Wow!

I thought only Fox differentiated between those two divisions.

former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
And then there is the Daily Dose of Karl Denial
Megyn Kelly Informs Karl Rove Obama Won Reelection
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Poor Karl.

Have you seen what it looks like when Colbert has chat with karl?

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Wow - huge link - hope it works.

BTW - encouraged by the prez's words last hour. Sounds like some wiggle room language on top tax rates.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Former--Thank you my naked and shiny friend.
HughBe--- Correction, I'm half-naked right now and not naked. I have on ONLY a shirt. I had a health challenge for a couple of days but i'm now overcoming it and it explains my dress...
You get undressed when you are ill?

So your illness is 'below the equator'?

And you are now wearing a dress?

Are your shower-mates in any danger of contracting your condition?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Mail carrier walks by dead man, thinking he's a mannequin

By The Associated Press

November 9, 2012, 11:41 am

NBCNews.com

The U.S. Postal Service is defending a mail carrier who stepped around a Denver man who collapsed and died near his front door.

Dale Porch was dropped off at home last week after working the night shift for the Regional Transportation District but never made it inside. Family members say hours later, a mail carrier walked by the body to deliver the mail but did nothing to help.

KMGH-TV reports the carrier has been temporarily taken off the route. The family says the carrier told them he thought the body was a mannequin, a decoration left over from Halloween.

A Postal Service spokesman called it an unfortunate situation that probably would not have happened any other time of the year, reported the Associated Press.

An autopsy report is pending.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
You get undressed when you are ill?
So your illness is 'below the equator'?
And you are now wearing a dress?
Are your shower-mates in any danger of contracting your condition?
Former--You get undressed when you are ill?

HughBe--- Sometimes e.g. when I have a fever.

Former--So your illness is 'below the equator'?

HughBe--- Although you were not serious the answer is YES.

Former--And you are now wearing a dress?

HughBe--- here we call it a SHIRT.

Former---Are your shower-mates in any danger of contracting your condition?

HughBe--- 1. I have no shower-mateS. 2. My condition is not contagious.3. It was a bloody mess, so to speak.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
He was blocked by Congress.
Same with healthcare; tax reform; budget...
Despite the election, they are still refusing the tax changes most Americans support. Guess they weren't listening.
What tax changes are you referring to?

Right just like he was "forced" to accept the ndaa
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
cant have criminality without acceptance of government authority, by the way.
Again the point is that government violates its own laws.
And sheep like you act like its a horse race as if it would be great to have just 1 party agenda.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sone of us, in fact a lot of us, in fact most of us, have no problem with gitmo being open- as long as we dont have new prisoners
"most" of you can not rule out due process unless you repeal the provisions in the constitution.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,281 - 39,300 of68,086
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Transfatter Ohio 200,204
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Punk a s Murabito 4,834
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 2 skeets give more 7,839
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 1 Oinkie 15,910
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
White Trash teams with Mexican Banger (Apr '11) Jun 25 Third Party 5
•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••