Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,965)

Showing posts 39,281 - 39,300 of65,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah - Benghazi is not an issue to me, and I suspect it isnt an issue to most Americans as well. Now that the election is over, I suspect the big issue will be what to do about the fiscal cliff.
From what I can see, only Fox is obsessing over this non-issue.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Disappointed. I guess most Americans have no stake in the military, personal or personal.
which is why bush/cheney/rumsfled got away with being war criminals

thousands of americans and iraqi civilians killed for no reason whatsover

we should probably have a draft, like israel - then we'd all some skin in the game
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if that's really true. If there is a list, it's belongs to a woman. Women make lists.
yes, women make lists

but not all lists are made by women (it's a logic thing...)

I should have said "only nobel PEACE prize winner with a kill list"
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Disappointed. I guess most Americans have no stake in the military, personal or personal.
More like people see through the birther movement.

This is the time for political healing.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
which is why bush/cheney/rumsfled got away with being war criminals
thousands of americans and iraqi civilians killed for no reason whatsover
we should probably have a draft, like israel - then we'd all some skin in the game
And Obama continued gitmo including torture, just another war criminal.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I can see, only Fox is obsessing over this non-issue.
I would hope that they would get the message from the election. It was pretty clear cut. The age of nonsense is over.

Right now we are at a political crossroads. Either go with the healing, reconcialiation, and bipartisanship or we are really doomed as a nation.

From the conservative side, one of the loudest critiques of Obama was that he blew them off from day one. So lets see what happens. If Obama offers an olive branch, as I suspect he will, and the political sniping continues, then they have lost their last and final argument against Obama.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Sone of us, in fact a lot of us, in fact most of us, have no problem with gitmo being open- as long as we dont have new prisoners
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
cant have criminality without acceptance of government authority, by the way.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
He was blocked by Congress.

Same with healthcare; tax reform; budget...

Despite the election, they are still refusing the tax changes most Americans support. Guess they weren't listening.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hope that they would get the message from the election. It was pretty clear cut. The age of nonsense is over.
Right now we are at a political crossroads. Either go with the healing, reconcialiation, and bipartisanship or we are really doomed as a nation.
From the conservative side, one of the loudest critiques of Obama was that he blew them off from day one. So lets see what happens. If Obama offers an olive branch, as I suspect he will, and the political sniping continues, then they have lost their last and final argument against Obama.
I'm not optimistic.

They are much too beholden to Grover Norquist, The Tea baggers etc.

Even Bohener had to walk back his comments to Diane Sawyer about Obamacare.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/09/us-...
SamBee

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The fetus consists of living tissue, cells need oxygen, but the fetus is NOT breathing.
<quoted text>
Minor point, but the infant needs to be breathing well BEFORE the cord is cut. If not, then it is stillborn, i.e. dead.
<quoted text>
Note well those words: "yet no mischief follow". They are important here. The fetus has been expelled - it has been aborted by the actions of the men "striving". "Yet no mischief follow" tells us that the woman is unharmed even though the fetus is now dead.
Yeah, the man gets a few coins for the loss of the POTENTIAL son that is now gone. Big deal. But if mischief DOES follow, if the WOMAN is harmed in any way, THEN and ONLY then does the passage call for an eye for an eye, a life for a life.
If the fetus was alive, then it would have called for a life for a life, NOT just a few coins.
If the fetus wasn't alive in the womb how could the man have killed it before its brith?

Lev.11:11

11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not optimistic.
I am more cautiously optomistic. Boehner is just a puppet. Its not clear who the puppeteers are going to be yet.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not optimistic.
rabbee: i did not know, that grover is against big bird and sesame street.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been alleged that the real reason Romney lost was that he took on Bird Bird.

Big Bird never looses.

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

<quoted text>
It's well known among the inner circles that grover has been atttempting for quite a while now to make a power play against bird bird and his gay-marriage supporting allies, bert and ernie.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am more cautiously optomistic. Boehner is just a puppet. Its not clear who the puppeteers are going to be yet.
He'd lose his speakership if he compromised with obama.

Obama is sticking to his voter-approved idea of raising taxes on the wealthy. Most Americans support this.

I don't see him backing off this one, this time.

But all these GOP guys have signed Grover's pledge and the tea baggers would go nuts as well.

someone will blink. when Newt shut the gov't down, his party paid the price.

It will be interesting if nothing else.

I just know right now, my IRA is suffering.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

<quoted text>
He's against everything that is good and decent!

;)
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
He'd lose his speakership if he compromised with obama.
Obama is sticking to his voter-approved idea of raising taxes on the wealthy. Most Americans support this.
I don't see him backing off this one, this time.
But all these GOP guys have signed Grover's pledge and the tea baggers would go nuts as well.
someone will blink. when Newt shut the gov't down, his party paid the price.
It will be interesting if nothing else.
I just know right now, my IRA is suffering.
I think it would be nieve not to expect your IRA not to be extremely volatile over the next few months.

I see the GOP backing down well before Obama does. At some point they have to internalize the election. Thats why I think all eyes should be on Faux news to see which way they go, as they are the bellweather. Faux doesnt even have to cave IMO, it just have to start behaving more like FOX and less like FAUX. We saw a peep of that when they made Karl look like monkeysht.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

He sounds like a real character - I bet he's correct that the SRO spots would sell:

The colorful, attention-loving chief of Ryanair is at it again. The same CEO who suggested installing pay toilets on planes is now revisiting the idea of standing-room-only sections on flights and dissing the safety feature fliers use most.

“Seat belts don't matter,” Michael O’Leary told The Telegraph.“If there ever was a crash on an aircraft, God forbid, a seat belt won’t save you.”

O’Leary is reportedly on a quest to take out the back ten rows of seats on planes so that Ryanair could offer tickets for one pound (about $1.60) to budget travelers willing to spend a flight on their feet in a “standing cabin.” The Irish airline is already known for its rock-bottom fares and extensive menu of fees for everything from early boarding to excess baggage.

What about the safety of passengers not buckled in? O’Leary told the paper they could just “hang on to the handle” when necessary and would be “fine,” adding that there’s little turbulence in Europe to worry about. People traveling by subway or train don’t wear seat belts, he pointed out.

"The problem with aviation is that for 50 years it's been populated by people who think it's this wondrous sexual experience; that it's like James Bond and wonderful and we'll all be flying first class when really it's just a ... bus with wings,” O’Leary told The Telegraph.

If you say to passengers it's £25 for the seat and £1 for the standing cabin, I guarantee we will sell the standing cabin first.”

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/ryanair-ceo-sea...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it would be nieve not to expect your IRA not to be extremely volatile over the next few months.
I see the GOP backing down well before Obama does. At some point they have to internalize the election. Thats why I think all eyes should be on Faux news to see which way they go, as they are the bellweather. Faux doesnt even have to cave IMO, it just have to start behaving more like FOX and less like FAUX. We saw a peep of that when they made Karl look like monkeysht.
Of course. Stocks go up, stocks go down. I've know that for a long time.

The point is simply that the market is not happy (as usual) with this uncertainly about the fiscal cliff.

So aside from what's good for the county, I was simply indulging in a bit of enlightened self-interest.

:))

We'll see. Public opinion has not always driven politics. I think of Bush/Cheny/Rumsfeld stubbornly remaining in Iraq when 2/3 of the country wanted us out.

But there is hope. Funny you should mention Fox:

The crucial role that Latino voters played in denying Mitt Romney and Republicans the presidency got the attention of many political observers -- and at least one hard-line opponent of immigration reform.

Radio and television hotspur Sean Hannity — who for years has spit the word “amnesty” like an epithet — declared Thursday that he has “evolved” and now supports creating a “pathway” to citizenship for those already in the country illegally.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-pn...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,281 - 39,300 of65,116
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance