Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,961)

Showing posts 39,201 - 39,220 of65,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42963
Nov 7, 2012
 
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, worry not - I'm here. Just had a good night's sleep after watching Florida. Just like four years ago, got to move on but not with moveon.org .
Congratulations Democrats - Condolences Republicans and Libertarians.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Ar...
Yes, that was a graceful article.

It must be frustrating to both Repubs and Democrats alike- to put so much effort and time into Florida, and at the end of the day the state isnt even electorally relevant any more.

I watched the Romney speech. He looked noticably relieved that it was all over.
End Of America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42964
Nov 7, 2012
 
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you against democracy? Do you not respect the votes of millions who chose Obama over Romney? Are you anti-America?
More of a "look what you have done to yourself "

The community organizer will accelerate his agenda second term.
America will be finished financially by the end of his term and blaming the previous administration won't work.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42965
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was a graceful article.
It must be frustrating to both Repubs and Democrats alike- to put so much effort and time into Florida, and at the end of the day the state isnt even electorally relevant any more.
I watched the Romney speech. He looked noticably relieved that it was all over.
As if it matters if there is Goldman Sachs president a or Goldman Sachs president b.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42966
Nov 7, 2012
 
End Of America wrote:
<quoted text>
More of a "look what you have done to yourself "
The community organizer will accelerate his agenda second term.
America will be finished financially by the end of his term and blaming the previous administration won't work.
And if America is doing ok by the end of the next 4 years will you come back to this thread and say you were wrong?
CrimeaRiver

South Ockendon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42967
Nov 7, 2012
 
End Of America wrote:
<quoted text>
More of a "look what you have done to yourself "
The community organizer will accelerate his agenda second term.
America will be finished financially by the end of his term and blaming the previous administration won't work.
Do you know how many times the American banking system has crashed and taken half the world with it? Too many times. And do you know what was done each time to esnure it doesn't happen again....... not a damn thing.

The only difference is that America is no longer the only team to back. With emerging markets and the China boom in full swing there are other markets to tap. The USA can't rely on its size and and prominence anymore. It needs to move with the times
End Of America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42968
Nov 7, 2012
 
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many times the American banking system has crashed and taken half the world with it? Too many times. And do you know what was done each time to esnure it doesn't happen again....... not a damn thing.
The only difference is that America is no longer the only team to back. With emerging markets and the China boom in full swing there are other markets to tap. The USA can't rely on its size and and prominence anymore. It needs to move with the times
The collapse will be cataclysmic, the US will be devastated, the starving will be much greater than the greatest depression, the sickness will increase and the care for seniors will be a distant memory.
The rioting and the looting by the lower class will increase after food rationing, biometric snap program cards will be introduced.
The only foods available will be gmo.
End Of America

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42969
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And if America is doing ok by the end of the next 4 years will you come back to this thread and say you were wrong?
America couldn't possibly be doing OK, there isn't a bail out big enough.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42970
Nov 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

End Of America wrote:
<quoted text>
The collapse will be cataclysmic, the US will be devastated, the starving will be much greater than the greatest depression, the sickness will increase and the care for seniors will be a distant memory.
The rioting and the looting by the lower class will increase after food rationing, biometric snap program cards will be introduced.
The only foods available will be gmo.
yeah...just like all your guns were gonna be taken away, sharia law was gonna be implemented, gas was gonna be $6 a gallon...shall i go on. you tards are gonna pop if you're not careful
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42971
Nov 7, 2012
 
CrimeaRiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you against democracy? Do you not respect the votes of millions who chose Obama over Romney? Are you anti-America?
rabbee: what makes you think, america is still a democracy. when a true democracy, does what the people say. and this is not always the case, for elected politicians.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42972
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
Thank all the Gods the election in now over.
Seaside you are welcome back - we can still be friends!
Two interesting results:
1. Exit polls showed the Obama got statistically the same proportion of Jews (around 70-75%) as 2004.
2. In CT - Linda McMahon, of World Wrestling Federation Fame, lost her senate bid despite spending 50 Million of her OWN money (and also spending 50 Million of her own money a few years ago as well in same bid). Just goes to show that CT we are more sophisticated than to let someone buy a seat.
That must me be the $100 million figure I heard - both added together.

Her is supposedly worth around a billion, so they still have even more $ than Romney.

I am now officially a Nate fan - two elections in a row is no fluke:

Wednesday, Nov 7, 2012 02:27 AM EST
Nate Silver nails it

Votes are still being tallied, but the New York Times poll guru appears to have predicted every state correctly
By Jacob Sugarman

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/nate_silver_n...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42973
Nov 7, 2012
 
"her....husband..."
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42974
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And if America is doing ok by the end of the next 4 years will you come back to this thread and say you were wrong?
rabbee: can america survive, four more years as a sinfull nation? with G-D getting angrier, every moment at us. with two or more anti-D candidates, of little or less than no consequence.

so i do not expect any different ending, here in TheTorah. than all the other times, that it ended exactly the same way. because of all the same mental errors as before.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42975
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
The most interesting aspect of the election, IMO, is the work of Nate Silver.
There have been a few articles out already on whether he is a "genius" or not, and they are entertaining to read because most of them still dont understand what he did - which was to agregate the multiple polls in each state, and then use a gambling/sports computer model to add confidence statistics that projected the accuracy/error of the aggregated data.
SO while many of the pundits were predicting mythical surges based on intuitions, he was describing the accuracy of all the polling data. By saying Obama had a 90% chance of winning, he was saying he had 90% confidence that the polls putting Obama ahead were accurate.
yeah I read the one questioning his brilliance and saying all he did was look at the polls.

He never claimed to do anyomore than that and that was the point.

He looked at them, he weighted them, and he made mathematical predictions.

Predictions which have proved highly accurate. In at lest two elections that I know of.

And that's good enough for me.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42976
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was a graceful article.
It must be frustrating to both Repubs and Democrats alike- to put so much effort and time into Florida, and at the end of the day the state isnt even electorally relevant any more.
I watched the Romney speech. He looked noticably relieved that it was all over.
I'd stiil like to see Obama bag FL - not to spike the ball.

But 29 electoral votes - I want them!

:)
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42977
Nov 7, 2012
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah I read the one questioning his brilliance and saying all he did was look at the polls.
He never claimed to do anyomore than that and that was the point.
He looked at them, he weighted them, and he made mathematical predictions.
Predictions which have proved highly accurate. In at lest two elections that I know of.
And that's good enough for me.
The thing is, if Romney won, Nate still would of been correct. He was not making predictions, he was making confidences. He was saying that in 10% of election trial runs, Romney would win. The fact that 90% was in Obama and not 100% was because he was modeling the probability that the polls were in error.

Sophisticated but simple.

The only way to proof Nate - would be to have those trial runs and see what the percentages of wins/looses were. Just saying Obama won as he "predicted" is meaningless. And Nate himself explained that a few times.

Its the same as saying I am tossing a coin and overall 50% of the times it will be heads. This does not preclude three tails happening in a row, nor would that invalidate.

Ah, stats!

The real lesson from all of this was not Nate, but that the polls actually correlated with polling behavior. There were serious questions about that ("likely voters", lying voters etc etc) mainly from the right.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42978
Nov 7, 2012
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd stiil like to see Obama bag FL - not to spike the ball.
But 29 electoral votes - I want them!
:)
I dont care as much. Its a hollow victory if it is only 50.1% to 49.9%

The real question is whether this loss will cause the repubs double down on their ideology or reform.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42979
Nov 7, 2012
 
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That must me be the $100 million figure I heard - both added together.
Her is supposedly worth around a billion, so they still have even more $ than Romney.
/
Who would ever think that there is more money in wrestling than in corporate raiding? Ode to the working class...

BTW its kind of shocking that the parties up to now have not employed statisticians who know how to run models. That will change. I should of stuck with my stat courses!(I fled after two semesters).
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42980
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is, if Romney won, Nate still would of been correct. He was not making predictions, he was making confidences. He was saying that in 10% of election trial runs, Romney would win. The fact that 90% was in Obama and not 100% was because he was modeling the probability that the polls were in error.
Sophisticated but simple.
The only way to proof Nate - would be to have those trial runs and see what the percentages of wins/looses were. Just saying Obama won as he "predicted" is meaningless. And Nate himself explained that a few times.
Its the same as saying I am tossing a coin and overall 50% of the times it will be heads. This does not preclude three tails happening in a row, nor would that invalidate.
Ah, stats!
The real lesson from all of this was not Nate, but that the polls actually correlated with polling behavior. There were serious questions about that ("likely voters", lying voters etc etc) mainly from the right.
yeah right, I said it wrong but i get it. He didn't predict per so but instead gave the statistical probablity of an obama win

It's the same way weather forecasters say 50% of rain. 50% of the time, given the same conditions, it tends to rain. Or it does, has rained.

And it's true,he would have been right either way with the overall result but not state by state. Which from what I've read and heard, he nailed 100%.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42981
Nov 7, 2012
 
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont care as much. Its a hollow victory if it is only 50.1% to 49.9%
The real question is whether this loss will cause the repubs double down on their ideology or reform.
It's hollow anyway since it doesn't count..

But a win is a win. And 50.1% would have done the trick in 2000.

Both rape talkers lost but Bachmann won. 2 out of three ain't bad.

Did you see the list of Tump tweets? Class act.

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/donald_trump_...

And this:

It took Brian Williams just ten seconds to tear Donald Trump apart during Tuesday night's coverage of the election.

Trump has become a laughingstock for his non-stop harassment of President Obama. The real estate mogul often takes to Twitter to air his birther views, among other opinions, and he was very unhappy on election night.

A seemingly exasperated Williams briefly mentioned Trump's tweets on Tuesday.

“Donald Trump, who has driven well past the last exit to relevance and peered into something closer to irresponsible here, is tweeting tonight,” the NBC newsman said.

He referred to some of Trump's tweets, before saying, "That happened," and moving on to more important news.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42982
Nov 7, 2012
 
Well, once again, to the victor go the spoils. CNN Fortune with the details:


Sales of [Silver's new] book, "The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail—but Some Don't" shot up 800% on Amazon.com over the last 24 hours. It is now the second best selling book on the site, behind only popular children's book, "The Third Wheel, Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 7."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 39,201 - 39,220 of65,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••