Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
39,121 - 39,140 of 68,416 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't see any mention of FoxNews in this opinion piece. But you can choose to believe what you want. I had to read your link because I haven't seen any reports that are calling this worse than Katrina, in fact just the opposite. The author used a the usual leftist device of code words without identifying specific sources, leaving the reader to assume "FOX NEWS".
I think you have to ask yourself which network is promoting the response as a fiasco. Its not going to be CNN or MSNBC.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Lecture 6 The Practical Aspects of His Life and its Practicality Part-36

Introduction:

My dear friends! How should the messenger of Allah, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) be followed, and why? For that purpose we have to show you, in today’s talk, the practicability of his life pattern. At this point in history, this chapter is almost entirely empty regarding other messengers of Allah or the founders of other religions. But this very aspect of Prophet Muhammad’s biography is the fullest and the longest chapter of his life.

Actions speaks Louder than the Words:

And this very point should be enough to decide who can rightfully be the leader and Seal of Prophets”. There is no shortage of good instructions, sound advice and sweet words in this world, but what matters most is good deeds. If we go through the available histories of various religious leaders, we will find interesting philosophies, fascinating parables, great pieces of oratory and artistic use of words, which will certainly move us and please us momentarily.

But what is lacking there is the practical application of those words of wisdom and proving their goodness and effectiveness through personal example. The practical aspect of human personality is reflected in its moral and ethical behaviour. Which heavenly book, apart from the holy Quran can now claim and bring evidence to the exalted moral conduct of its Prophet?

But the holy Quran clearly says about the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him).

“And you will definitely have a reward that will never end. And you are surely on an excellent standard of character.” Chpl.68:Vrs.3-4)

The first verse promises an unfailing reward from Almighty Allah, whereas the second verse explains why he deserves such a high reward. So Allah’s own words bear witness to the exalted moral conduct of holy Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and hence the endless reward. The unlettered Prophet of Makkah was made to proclaim through the Divine Revelation:

“O you who believe, why do you say what you do not do?”(Chp.61:Vrs.2) He alone deserved to say that because he himself practised what he preached. Let us look at the preacher on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem and the preacher on the Mount of Safa in Makkah from this perspective. We will see that Christ’s present biography fails to present any practical examples, any examples of his actual practice, whereas Prophet Muhammad’s life history is full of the records of his noble practice.

Tolerance and forgiveness are commendable virtues. A nonviolent person, who does not harm or kill others, does not rob, or does not accumulate wealth, is no doubt a virtuous person. But these virtues are passive virtues. He did no harm, but did he stand up to save a helpless person? He did not take anyone’s life himself, but did he save anyone from being killed? He did not build a house for himself; but did he shelter the homeless?

This world requires these active and positive virtues. And that indeed is the noble, moral conduct.

(Contd.)
Las Cruces retiree

Christchurch, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't see any mention of FoxNews in this opinion piece. But you can choose to believe what you want. I had to read your link because I haven't seen any reports that are calling this worse than Katrina, in fact just the opposite. The author used a the usual leftist device of code words without identifying specific sources, leaving the reader to assume "FOX NEWS".
I think I was probably more tuned into Katrina than folks in the NEast. I was online at NOLA forum when the people were reporting what was happening before the news or FEMA knew. And I contributed a nice amount to help everybody, knowing full well the racial makeup of the area. This racist labelling of conservatives by the liberal opinion people is disgusting. However, after seeing that the Red Cross wasn't very efficient during Katrina, this time I chose a Chabad synagogue that I trust will use donations effectively.
One codeword that I find very funny is 'Chicago'- after Obama was elected, liberals started whining that we use 'Chicago' as a secret racial code. Maybe that's how liberal minds work, but to me "Chicago" (in the election sense) has always meant corruption, election stealing, and dead voters, and sometimes dead politicians. Even when I considered myself a Democrat.
Chicago = corruption = election cheating = dead voters = the Democratic party of New Mexico
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012...

But Mr. Romney’s chances of winning the Electoral College have slipped, and are now only about 8 percent according to the forecast model — down from about 30 percent 10 days ago.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>So, your point? The paper backed Obama in 2008. Zuckerman is a Democrat. Perhaps reality has set in, along with a dozen other major newspapers that previously support Obama.
"The presidential imperative of the times is to energize the economy and get deficits under control to empower the working and middle classes to again enjoy the fruits of an ascendant America.
“So the News is compelled to stand with Romney.”
People have a right to change their minds. Right or wrong.

What specicially would Romney do to "energize the economy?"

He's been a little short on specifics.

Any idea how he will offset the $5 trillion in tax cuts?

Why the big secret?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
Rudy Guiliani defends Michael Bloomberg for handling of crisis. FEMA response feeble at best. With 5 days advance warning, why didn't FEMA have water supplies stationed nearby, same with gasoline trucks? In other words, FEMA dropped the ball again.
More BS.

Bloomburg and governors were offered whatever they wanted ahead of time.

Seriously. He really did this with a hurricane barreling towards the Northeast that forecasts now indicate will produce 10-20 ft. waves in New York City on top of the higher water we can already expect. President Obama directed FEMA Director Craig Fugate to call Mayor Bloomberg earlier in the day to offer assistance. Governor Cuomo had asked for FEMA aid. Bloomberg said thanks, but no thanks. He said we had what we needed.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/27/1151...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats funny, none of the Quebecans in my neighborhood have that sticker.
I just found out that in my parents neighborhood one of their neighbors fled the night after the storm, to return to find out someone had burglarized his house.
I also found out that the Quebecans were working the night shift and sleeping it off at the Hyatt Regency. nice. Hope they used the jacuzzi.
Great breakfast buffet!

We've stayed there a few times.

If you combine the weekend special with a AAA discount, it's a good deal. With breakfast included.

Self-parking in the back used to be free - now they even charge for that.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
Power was restored this morning. I'm back in business, baby.
Congratulations!
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Recover at least some of the cost by selling the wood for furniture.
Is it true your people make excellent furniture but have no sex?

And you dance funny?

I may have you confused....
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Just got back from donating clothing to the relief effort headed down to Staten Island. From what I can see, there was a pretty hefty response.
That's great.

I also heard they needs lots of trash bags.

Unfortunately.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Great breakfast buffet!
We've stayed there a few times.
If you combine the weekend special with a AAA discount, it's a good deal. With breakfast included.
Self-parking in the back used to be free - now they even charge for that.
It would be a little weird paying to stay there considering I live less than a mile from there but I will check out their breakfast. I have been in that building maybe twice in my life, and pass by it probably at least twice a day.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great.
I also heard they needs lots of trash bags.
Unfortunately.
I'm kind of troubled by the whole coordinated response issue. It is Red Cross that traditionally does this, but the residents were complaining about neglect, so they put out a plea so some of our local synagogues and churches responded.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this for a fact. Your fantasy interpretation does not stand up in a court of law. And ultimately, that is what matters, not your hot air.
No, applicability of the law matters, without it the court has no jurisdiction.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should bring that up. These are trees that are in most likelihood in the town right of way, once/if I can convince them of that.
Best price would be FREE (your taxes)
Luckily i don't pay car tax or property tax, although you can argue if I rent then a portion of that goes to pay taxes.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and yes, the first death due to tree cutting cutting...http://www.stamforda dvocate.com/news/article/Man-d ies-in-tree-cutting-accident-d uring-Sandy-4008930.php
Just wait until we get the first accident due to incompetence with a tree chipper
make sure your guy is insured - on my parents block someone got killed a few years ago, and another house down the block had a tree fall on it during removal.
Well if you hire someone that is licensed by government you will pay more, enjoy it.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
asked and answered
love it or leave it
You didn't give me any facts all you did is blab about the "people if Connecticut " with no other facts supporting your position that I am allegedly a subject in regards t these people.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be a little weird paying to stay there considering I live less than a mile from there but I will check out their breakfast. I have been in that building maybe twice in my life, and pass by it probably at least twice a day.
Makes for a very impressive date night. Lots of brownie points ;-)
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean up your yard it looks like shit, get out and vote for violence.
There is an old black man with a Pollard sign out front without a clue.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if you hire someone that is licensed by government you will pay more, enjoy it.
Once again you enter an area you obviously know nothing about.

There is no correlation between price and Licensing. A CT arborist license is about $120, renewable every three years or so. The gatekeeping into the profession is the certification exam (and Continuing Ed units), not the licensing fees.

The real difference in fees is between the insured and the uninsured businesses, and that IS buyer beware, b/c as a homeowner you are personally liable if your uninsured worker screws up.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Luckily i don't pay car tax or property tax, although you can argue if I rent then a portion of that goes to pay taxes.
Thank Goddess they dont let you drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••