Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
38,981 - 39,000 of 69,087 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Voluntarist

United States

#42753 Nov 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't respect people who are creative, successful, effective thinkers and leaders (Bloomburg, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet etc)- Who Do you respect? and why?
Why is collectivism bad?
Has nothing to do with anything some of those same people believe in killing a fetus and eugenics.

Men should be judged by the quality of their souls not the fiat money in their bank accounts.
Voluntarist

United States

#42754 Nov 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is conservative a good thing?
Who is a smart conservative?
Ron Paul is a smart conservative, but the fact of the matter is that you are trying to tout these phony conservatives supporting Obama.

What has Obama really done? bottom line is that nobody should be reliant on government in emergencies because they are the most incompetent members of society.
Voluntarist

United States

#42755 Nov 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't respect people who are creative, successful, effective thinkers and leaders (Bloomburg, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet etc)- Who Do you respect? and why?
Why is collectivism bad?
Jim Jones is a good example of collectivism.

Collectivism is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42756 Nov 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul is a smart conservative, but the fact of the matter is that you are trying to tout these phony conservatives supporting Obama.
What has Obama really done? bottom line is that nobody should be reliant on government in emergencies because they are the most incompetent members of society.
Yes, I find it humorous that Obama is stating that all the red tape (think government) is going to be set aside to deal with this calamity.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42757 Nov 3, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I made it through your first three sentences and determined who is truly clueless. I lived in SF in the late 60s, early 70s and saw what was going on.
If you can remember it, you weren't really there!

:))

Prove it.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42758 Nov 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken more like a divider than a uniter.

Paul is not a conservative.

Libs are supposed to be "fiscally conservative and socially tolerant."

Didn't you get the memo?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42759 Nov 3, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with your assessment of the difference. Not sure that a marathon is a proper response to either situation. My first reaction to both marathons is that the mayor(s)(D/R) considered the economic impact to business, hotels, restaurants, etc. first.
I'm a little surprised to hear you say that (and a little gratified).

Rudy was lionized for basically doing his job.

Biden said it best in 2008.

"But let's face it: Rudy is still hurting from Biden's withering assessment of him from the 2008 campaign, "There's only three things he mentions in a sentence a noun, a verb, and 9/11."
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42760 Nov 3, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Jones is a good example of collectivism.
And the Unibomber is a good example of rugged individualism.

Now what?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42761 Nov 3, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I find it humorous that Obama is stating that all the red tape (think government) is going to be set aside to deal with this calamity.
You would rather he doubled up on it?
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42762 Nov 3, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I made it through your first three sentences and determined who is truly clueless. I lived in SF in the late 60s, early 70s and saw what was going on.
Sorry.

I shouldn't have called you clueless. My bad.

Now go back and read and respond.

Did this great country of ours ever do anything regrettable?

Or are we like the Pope?
Voluntarist

United States

#42763 Nov 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken more like a divider than a uniter.
Paul is not a conservative.
Libs are supposed to be "fiscally conservative and socially tolerant."
Didn't you get the memo?
Prove it
Voluntarist

United States

#42764 Nov 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
And the Unibomber is a good example of rugged individualism.
Now what?
No, the unibomber is an example of a CIA agent that went nuts when he realized the technocracy that is in the plans for the future.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#42765 Nov 3, 2012
Rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Victory for internationalism, Cornilious got the golden hand shake when he was accepted into heaven,, previous to that of
Course there was no heaven, the purpose of that was of course to keep the bastards honest,, yes the keepers managed to keep the faith alive, with a Priestly connection to the garden, heaven is relevant,, if there was
no priestly connection to heaven surely
the choice would favour the internationalist approach, of Cornilious.
There has always been a heavenly realm. God cannot be contained in a building temple....no, he lives in the heavens. God has a heavanly orgainization of angels. He also has an earthly organization of people who serve him unitedly. Both organizations operate unitedly to vindicate gods name world wide. Ezekiel 36:7....Ezekiel 28:23
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42766 Nov 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry.
I shouldn't have called you clueless. My bad.
Now go back and read and respond.
Did this great country of ours ever do anything regrettable?
Or are we like the Pope?
Accepted. Yes we have, numerous times. We may disagree on which are bad, and which are badder. But in which country would you rather live?

I was thinking about your post while I was walking this morning and remembered an instructor I had a while back in a software class - he came here from India about 20 years ago, not to get anything except an opportunity to excel. During break we got into politics and he told us when he received his citizenship papers, he was asked if he wanted to register to vote. His answer - "Absolutely! Give me a Republican form."
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42767 Nov 3, 2012
Finally, someone comes out with a video explaining redistribution. I've used this example with my kids when they thought they should have the same as everyone else.

&fe ature=youtu.be
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42768 Nov 3, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with your assessment of the difference. Not sure that a marathon is a proper response to either situation. My first reaction to both marathons is that the mayor(s)(D/R) considered the economic impact to business, hotels, restaurants, etc. first.
Nytimes estimated the marathon generates 340 million dollars in spending, in part due to 20,000 runners from overseas.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/sports/mara...

My initial reaction was that it should be cancelled, but then I figured that post 911 NY takes it resiliency seriously. But 340 M is a large chunk of chain, and obviously that was the driving factor to keep in going.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42769 Nov 3, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a little surprised to hear you say that (and a little gratified).
Rudy was lionized for basically doing his job.
Biden said it best in 2008.
"But let's face it: Rudy is still hurting from Biden's withering assessment of him from the 2008 campaign, "There's only three things he mentions in a sentence a noun, a verb, and 9/11."
Guliani was a horribly divisive mayor. A lot of people were fed up with him. Then 911 happened and to his credit, he rose to the occasion. But he then blew all of that by marketing himself as "the 911 guy" after he finished his term. Overplayed his hand.

Bloomberg, until his last reelection was very well liked, and not very divisive. Almost the opposite of Rudy. Until he strong armed a charter revision so that he could run for a 3rd term. That left a bad taste in many people. But his performance since then has been generally good, and for someone to push the notion that he is not being empathatic shows that they are radically unfamiliar with our region.

Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42770 Nov 3, 2012
Storm notes to FR and COR

Yesterday the local traffic was terrible. We were literally being invaded by NY and NJ plates. Made me wonder what type of desperation would propell someone to drive 50-70+ miles round trip just to fill up with gas.

And if this panic is just going to get worse.

This morning I went to my local park and discovered its parking lot was being used as a staging area for the utilities. I counted no less that 100 bucket trucks from Quebec, and probably 50 Tree removal trucks. I would hope they were all sleeping off their shift, if not - there is no excuse for not fixing the power by the end of the day for the entire southwest CT.

I also hope for the sake of Canada that there are no power outages in Quebec - as all their personal appears to be here.
Frijoles

Cromwell, CT

#42771 Nov 3, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I find it humorous that Obama is stating that all the red tape (think government) is going to be set aside to deal with this calamity.
Red tape is just a political codeword - fodder for people like you so you can relax.

Regulation is generally acceptable to most people, as long as they dont have to follow it themselves.

Responses to situations tend to be triaged. Right now we are in the emergency stage. Most governments have emergency powers within their executive branch that allow some type of suspension of normal regulation for emergencies. We went through with this after Irene - its not a new concept. Once things stabilize, and the emergency phase is over then "red tape" i,e, regulation will resume, as it is intended to function. None of this is really news or anything unique to any chief government executive.
Rtloder

Sydney, Australia

#42772 Nov 3, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
There has always been a heavenly realm. God cannot be contained in a building temple....no, he lives in the heavens. God has a heavanly orgainization of angels. He also has an earthly organization of people who serve him unitedly. Both organizations operate unitedly to vindicate gods name world wide. Ezekiel 36:7....Ezekiel 28:23
(p) Ezekiel was the son of man, Who had a
Special Message of Hope, so naturally heaven got a mention, but then it was not taken up, because Our Lord decreed it so.
If the Jews had access to the Tree of Life
they would be God 1000 times over every single day. Or so I believe.
No prophet, that the Jews accepted ever
sanctioned any other adjudication other
than the Sadducees. I don't say who does or does not gain acceptance into heaven, but it's not a concept associated to inclusion in the Old Testament except as unofficial.
I don't think its a political relevance as this discussion would indicate, although enjoyable, my perspective is totally metaphysical, and I invite no participation except on that level. And as of now not disclosed.
I thought response would be Elijah and Elisha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr papersup 15,971
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr spotters 200,620
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 9 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info