Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,942)

Showing posts 38,821 - 38,840 of65,113
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
American Jews will suffer at Gods hand and plan. Storms, earthquakes, floods befall Jews, the killers of Christ. Hitler
rabbee: what makes you think, all the rest of america and the world.all are not, just as guilty if not more.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Lecture 5

The Comprehensiveness of the Holy Prophet’s Life- Part-33

A Perfect Model:

Friends! Let me demonstrate another side of the comprehensive nature of the holy Prophet’s life history. There are usually two kinds of educational institutions in the world. Some are meant for specialized professional training such as a medical college, an engineering college, an arts school, a commerce college, an agricultural institute, etc.

All of them produce doctors, engineers, artists, experts in business and agriculture respectively. Similarly, a military college will train only soldiers. And then there are bigger institutions, or universities, which usually include all these various schools and colleges. These universities have a much wider scope of knowledge where students come from different places and choose their particular field of study according to their inclinations and needs.

Thus generals and soldiers, judges and lawyers, business executives and doctors and professionals of all sorts are produced. But the human society cannot be formed by just one kind of education or one kind of professionals. It comes into being and exists with the sum of all these different branches of knowledge.

If this world were to have one kind of knowledge or one kind of vocation, the complex machine of this civilization would immediately come to a standstill. Likewise, if this world is filled with ascetics and recluses, it will not achieve perfection. Now, let us look at the available biographies of different Prophets of Allah from this angle.

According to a saying of Christ (Peace be upon him), a tree is known by its fruit. Similarly, an educational institution is judged by the achievements of its students. If you look at those schools of human society where the teachers are the Prophets of Allah, you will find the number of disciples credited to each Prophet from ten, fifteen, fifty, seventy, a hundred to a maximum of twenty thousand.

His Disciples:

But the Last Prophet of Allah (Peace be upon him) had over a hundred thousand disciples at one and the same time. If you want to learn about the pupils of the earlier Prophets and ask where they were from; who they were; how they were trained; what their habits and morals were like; what their spiritual and other achievements were in life; what effect their education and training left on their societies, you cannot find any answer to these questions.

But the disciples of Prophet Muhammad have a well documented history. You can find out the name, personal details, education and spiritual training and its influence on others etc. of any of the holy Prophet’s pupils, securely recorded in the history of Islam.

(Contd.)
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, don't give me a false choice, both types of governments have their evil elements.
Agenda 21 will still be taking over regardless.
Can't you read? There is no option C for this practical exercise. Lets try again.

Note the word "IF"

IF you were going to agree to the idea of government, which type of government would you prefer?

a. government by your neighbors who know you, know what the relevant issues are, and have a mutual stake in the outcome

b. government by people who do not know you, your issues, and have no stake or roots in the community?
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, don't give me a false choice, both types of governments have their evil elements.
Agenda 21 will still be taking over regardless.
And I never brought up Agenda21, whateevr that means to you. So that is not part of our discussion either. Please stay on track.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, so much for slowing the rise of the oceans - that's not happening.
And I note FEMA is just as confused as they were in 2005. Remember that Brown guy checking if his tie matched before he went on TV?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/31/opinion/dow...

"Gov. Chris Christie, the fleece-wearing, order-barking Neptune of the Jersey Shore, was all over TV Tuesday, effusively praising the president for his luminous leadership on Hurricane Sandy, the same president he mocked last week at a Romney rally in Virginia as a naif groping to find “the light switch of leadership.”

On ABC, CBS and NBC, Christie hailed Obama as “outstanding.” On MSNBC, he said the president “has been all over this,” and on CNN, he called Obama “incredibly supportive.” The big guy even tweeted his thanks to the slender one.

Most astonishing of all, the New Jersey governor went on Fox News and spoke words rarely heard on that network:“I have to give the president great credit.”

“I spoke to the president three times yesterday,” Christie gushed.“He called me for the last time at midnight last night, asking what he could do.”

Christie also extolled FEMA, even though Romney has said it is “immoral” to spend money on federal disaster relief when the deficit is so big.

.....Just about the only criticism the president got on his storm stewardship was, amazingly enough, from “Heck of a Job, Brownie” Michael Brown, the FEMA chief during Katrina, who naturally thought Obama acted too quickly and efficiently..."
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Ex-FEMA director Michael Brown criticizes Obama for reacting too quickly to storm

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ex-fema-d...

Former FEMA director Michael Brown, who was heavily criticized for the agency's failure to prepare for Hurricane Katrina, has criticized President Obama for responding to Hurricane Sandy too early.....
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
But Connecticut can only do what is expressed in the Constitution, and can't do what is expressly prohibited.
And, the people of the State of CT, in their ultimate wisdom, have given their legislature unlimited authority--except for those few prohibitions set forth in Article One, the Declaration of Rights.

"ARTICLE THIRD.
OF THE LEGISLATIVE DEPARTMENT.

SEC. 1. The legislative power of the state shall be vested in two distinct houses or branches; the one to be styled the senate, the other the house of representatives, and both together the general assembly."

That's all it says. As I said previously, I was surprised by it's brevity and lack of specificity.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I favor no control, why are you so concerned about controlling others from near or afar?
Fine, I will set up a huge pig farm next door to your house.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
And, the people of the State of CT, in their ultimate wisdom, have given their legislature unlimited authority--except for those few prohibitions set forth in Article One, the Declaration of Rights.
"ARTICLE THIRD.
SEC. 1. The legislative power of the state shall be vested in two distinct houses or branches; the one to be styled the senate, the other the house of representatives, and both together the general assembly."
That's all it says. As I said previously, I was surprised by it's brevity and lack of specificity.
My favorite:

ARTICLE FIRST
SEC. 2. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit; and they have at all times an undeniable and indefeasible right to alter their form of government in such manner as they may think expedient.

http://www.cslib.org/constitutionalamends/con...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
When I had cable, Chris used to give me a headache. Reminds me of Tom Ashbrook from NPR OnPoint - both use 5 sentences to express a single sentence question.
He's an oral aggressive for sure.

And he was positively beside himself after the first debate.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think it was staged?
Since you think it was staged, maybe you have an idea why.
A photograph released by the White House appeared to show
President Barack Obama and his aides in the situation room
watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little
knowledge of what was happening in the compound.
In an interview with PBS, Mr Panetta said: "Once those teams
went into the compound I can tell you that there was a time
period of almost 20 or 25 minutes where we really didn't know
just exactly what was going on. And there were some very tense
moments as we were waiting for information.
"We had some observation of the approach there, but we did not
have direct flow of information as to the actual conduct of the
operation itself as they were going through the compound."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
Ex-FEMA director Michael Brown criticizes Obama for reacting too quickly to storm
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/ex-fema-d...
Former FEMA director Michael Brown, who was heavily criticized for the agency's failure to prepare for Hurricane Katrina, has criticized President Obama for responding to Hurricane Sandy too early.....
you can't possibly make this stuff up!

is he back judging horse shows?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you read? There is no option C for this practical exercise. Lets try again.
Note the word "IF"
IF you were going to agree to the idea of government, which type of government would you prefer?
a. government by your neighbors who know you, know what the relevant issues are, and have a mutual stake in the outcome
b. government by people who do not know you, your issues, and have no stake or roots in the community?
That is precisely my point, if you are forcing an agreement there is no choice, the gun is pointed to my head to make a false choice.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, I will set up a huge pig farm next door to your house.
Whatever you choose to do on your property is your business, as long as you aren't harming others, isn't that fundamental?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
"ARTICLE THIRD.
Great and what facts do you rely on that the Constitution as amended in 1818 is it?, is applicable to me?
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite:
ARTICLE FIRST
SEC. 2. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit; and they have at all times an undeniable and indefeasible right to alter their form of government in such manner as they may think expedient.
http://www.cslib.org/constitutionalamends/con...
The constitution is irrelevant anyway, 1) there is no right to abolish government
2) Ct superior court judges routinely ignore the fact that juries have the right to judge the facts AND THE LAW.
3) The right to trial by jury is consistently ignored in ct courts
4) there is no freedom of the press when it comes to a public place like a ct court.

The list goes on.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you choose to do on your property is your business, as long as you aren't harming others, isn't that fundamental?
Have you ever smelled a factory pig farm? It's horrible. You can smell it for miles.

That's why we have zoning and planning laws. So that I can't open a pig farm next to you.
Steve

Bethel, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever smelled a factory nig farm? It's horrible. You can smell the nigstench for miles.
That's why we have zoning and planning laws. So that I can't open a nig farm next to you and have all these stinky mooncrickets sing under the stars al night. And if the slaves get away they will rape the humans.
That's right.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Great and what facts do you rely on that the Constitution as amended in 1818 is it?, is applicable to me?
I don't know what you are talking about. You said that the legislature could only act within the state constitution. Your state constitution gives the CT General Assembly unlimited legislative power with the exception of a few prohibition in the declaration of rights.

We live in a society where the people have instituted laws. The people of CT have decided that their legislature should have very few restrictions. You live in CT; The CT Constitution is applicable to you. You, yourself, set forth the parameters under which the CT legislature operates--that they must comply with the state constitution. Well, it doesn't take much in CT for the General Assembly to comply with the state constitution.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
A photograph released by the White House appeared to show
President Barack Obama and his aides in the situation room
watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little
knowledge of what was happening in the compound.
In an interview with PBS, Mr Panetta said: "Once those teams
went into the compound I can tell you that there was a time
period of almost 20 or 25 minutes where we really didn't know
just exactly what was going on. And there were some very tense
moments as we were waiting for information.
"We had some observation of the approach there, but we did not
have direct flow of information as to the actual conduct of the
operation itself as they were going through the compound."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-...
"The Daily Telegraph is a daily morning broadsheet conservative-leaning newspaper distributed throughout the United Kingdom and internationally."

I don't really get the point. We certainly knew they had no video feed of any kind. They were clearly waiting on pins and needles for information and status updates. Wouldn't you too be anxious waiting to hear what was happening?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,821 - 38,840 of65,113
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search