Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,943
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
Voluntarist

United States

#42543 Oct 30, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Also amazing that in 7 years, Bush couldn't find OBL while Obama did.
Nice trying to turn that all around. Stop watching Fox News.
I didn't support the surge and I don't think it was a great success. But obviously more troops = more cauualties. And that was my point.
OTOH every single life lost in Iraq was a waste, not unlike Vietnam. What was the point of either?
Obama did not find obl, stop lying.
Voluntarist

United States

#42544 Oct 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Reread my post and try again.
Local plannning is local planning. Is it the local part that is hanging you up. Most people equate local with local. Like I said, I guess you favor centralized government from afar if you do nto like local control. Because that is the other option
I have no idea what the metro plan is. Whatever it is, it is not what we were discussing.
The metro plan is regional planning, they will be taking over local governments as they collapse from being bonded into infinity from people like malloy.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42545 Oct 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
I can't believe Obama allowed this hurricane to hit America.
If you reelect Barack Obama, you can expect four more years of hurricanes just like this one.
I will bring change. I know how to prevent hurricanes. Romney 2012!
Yeah, so much for slowing the rise of the oceans - that's not happening.

And I note FEMA is just as confused as they were in 2005. Remember that Brown guy checking if his tie matched before he went on TV?
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42546 Oct 30, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello?!
Is that Ann Coulter?
LOL! She's quite strident, isn't she? Kind of like a female Chris Matthews.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42547 Oct 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The general welfare clause that is much abused allows the federal government to hand out money to the states, which much of this state welfare is.
You are quoting the federal constitution, there is staqq te constitutional limitations as well, the state of ct can not just do as it pleases.
Shall we translate the tenth amendment into Uzbeki since you seem to be having an issue with the English version?
Elise

Danbury, CT

#42548 Oct 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama did not find obl, stop lying NIGGER.
wow!
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42549 Oct 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The metro plan is regional planning, they will be taking over local governments as they collapse from being bonded into infinity from people like malloy.
Thats all very interesting and all of that - but whatever that is it wasnt what I was referring to. I was referring to the urban planning and zoning that is, has been, and will be, executed by local people on a local level.

You need to keep your personal night terror fantasies separate from what we are discussing here.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42550 Oct 30, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, so much for slowing the rise of the oceans - that's not happening.
And I note FEMA is just as confused as they were in 2005. Remember that Brown guy checking if his tie matched before he went on TV?
I have no idea what you are referring to. The jury is still out as to the FEMA response, but all parties have agreed that the FEMA planning was excellant.

Cris Christie went out of his way to praise Obama today.

Chris Christie Gives Obama High Marks for Sandy Response
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2012/1...

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/3...
"....Mr. Romney wants to end centralized emergency relief and let states handle the load themselves, though few states can do so without federal assistance. In any event, storms, as we have seen time and time again, cross state lines.(Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, whose state may have been the hardest hit by the storm, was effusive in thanking President Obama for assistance today, drawing criticism from Republicans who are more interested in politics than recovery.)...
....Mr. Romney ignored all questions this morning about his plans for federal emergency management. Itís probably embarrassing to admit those plans consist largely of collecting soup cans..."
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42551 Oct 30, 2012
Elise wrote:
<quoted text>wow!
Adulturation of somebodies post - EWEEEEE!!!!

Lack of class
WHAT A QUEEN

Danbury, CT

#42552 Oct 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Adulturation of somebodies post - You stinky nayger!!!!
Lack of class
hmm
Voluntarist

United States

#42553 Oct 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Reread my post and try again.
Local plannning is local planning. Is it the local part that is hanging you up. Most people equate local with local. Like I said, I guess you favor centralized government from afar if you do nto like local control. Because that is the other option
I have no idea what the metro plan is. Whatever it is, it is not what we were discussing.
I favor no control, why are you so concerned about controlling others from near or afar?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#42554 Oct 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you weathered the storm fine.
All day today there were sirens. Not to Gwich either. Overall, the downed trees were not as bad as the March 2010 storm. Frankly, after that, after Irene, and after last years Halloween storm, there are not that many trees left to fall. That said, I saw 5 houses within 10 minute walk of my street that were crunched by trees. I was terrified all last night - we have some tall trees near our house too. But I think the real story are the properties that floated away - dunno how many in here, but likely plenty up the coast.
American Jews will suffer at Gods hand and plan. Storms, earthquakes, floods befall Jews, the killers of Christ. Hitler
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42555 Oct 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Just finally heard from relatives - Norwalk is an absolute mess on the tree front. Its going to be days...
They told some Jersey shore folks to please stay for at least 10 days. Bummer.

Guess you saw the boats all over the place.
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

#42556 Oct 30, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
American Jews will suffer at Gods hand and plan. Storms, earthquakes, floods befall Jews, the killers of Christ. Hitler
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
~Paul Simon
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42557 Oct 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama did not find obl, stop lying.
Who did? W?

Had it gone sideways, no doubt Obama would be blamed. which is fair.
Voluntarist

United States

#42558 Oct 30, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Shall we translate the tenth amendment into Uzbeki since you seem to be having an issue with the English version?
I think you are retarted
powers not granted to the federal government are reserved for the states, doesn't stop there ding dong, the states can only do what is laid out in the state constitution.
former res

Newtown Square, PA

#42559 Oct 30, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! She's quite strident, isn't she? Kind of like a female Chris Matthews.
Chris can be strident for sure.

But he speaks from the heart. I like him.

He knows when the other side is using dog whistle politics - you know - being racist.

Ann is just a flamr thrower for the sake of it.

I think Bill Maher used to do her.

;)
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42560 Oct 30, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris can be strident for sure.
But he speaks from the heart. I like him.
He knows when the other side is using dog whistle politics - you know - being racist.
Ann is just a flamr thrower for the sake of it.
I think Bill Maher used to do her.
;)
When I had cable, Chris used to give me a headache. Reminds me of Tom Ashbrook from NPR OnPoint - both use 5 sentences to express a single sentence question.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42561 Oct 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are retarted
powers not granted to the federal government are reserved for the states, doesn't stop there ding dong, the states can only do what is laid out in the state constitution.
I guess Uzbeki wont help either.

I give up. Eric and I can lead you to the 10th amendment but I guess we cant force you to actually read it.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

#42562 Oct 30, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I favor no control, why are you so concerned about controlling others from near or afar?
You are such a staunch ideologue that you miss the entire point.

Lets try it like this. Play my game for now.

IF you were going to agree to the idea of government, which type of government would you prefer?

a. government by your neighbors who know you, know what the relevant issues are, and have a mutual stake in the outcome

b. government by people who do not know you, your issues, and have no stake or roots in the community?

There is no option C. So that is off the table.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Fri savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep 19 Mia 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at October 19 at 8:48PM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]