Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
38,761 - 38,780 of 68,439 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain this flow of money. In IL the Dept of Public Aid is funded by state money except for a small portion of the medicaid budget. If the CT Department of Social Services is funded by federal money, we Illinoisans need to get our share.
Illinois has a general welfare clause.

What you said doesn't make sense unless you are speaking of the how the ct constitution is vague.
Government can only do what is proscribed in law, you act as if government can do anything that isn't expressly prohibited.
Clem

Bethel, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Jews, blacks, illegal aliens, homosexuals... blah!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Juts when I think the wind cant get more brutal, it does. I just got the candles together,.
Had to abandon ship last night. Large Oak tree in front of my house starting lifting up from its roots. Wasn't taking any chances. Went to parents home, but then got evacuated from there at 10pm due to predicted surge. Third place was the charm, but no power. On top of it all, wife's car refused to start. That never happened before.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to abandon ship last night. Large Oak tree in front of my house starting lifting up from its roots. Wasn't taking any chances. Went to parents home, but then got evacuated from there at 10pm due to predicted surge. Third place was the charm, but no power. On top of it all, wife's car refused to start. That never happened before.
Ouch. We have power, though a transformer around the corner is sparking.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because if corruption and contract fixing, you can't expect a corrupt government to act any differently.
Every so called service can be performed cheaper by the private sector.
yeah, remember when they oursourced recycling? Now who does it. Why is that?

Even if it was cheaper, that doesnt make it right. We hav an obligation to create decent working conditions and not subcontracting people out at minimum wage.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
What you said doesn't make sense unless you are speaking of the how the ct constitution is vague.
Government can only do what is proscribed in law, you act as if government can do anything that isn't expressly prohibited.
Strike that answer as nonresponsive
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
The metro plan is a one world government plan, the brookings institute touts it all of the time.
You are disgustingly dishonest, our discussion was not about my beliefs it was about government power to give out services.
Reread my post and try again.

Local plannning is local planning. Is it the local part that is hanging you up. Most people equate local with local. Like I said, I guess you favor centralized government from afar if you do nto like local control. Because that is the other option

I have no idea what the metro plan is. Whatever it is, it is not what we were discussing.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

I can't believe Obama allowed this hurricane to hit America.

If you reelect Barack Obama, you can expect four more years of hurricanes just like this one.

I will bring change. I know how to prevent hurricanes. Romney 2012!
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not hard to understand at all. The people of the US gave their federal government limited power reserving all other governmental power to the states and themselves. That's called the 10th Amendment. CT used that reserved power to offer social services. CT did not need for Congress to grant them the power. The people reserved that power to the states, including CT.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better - lets just read the text of the 10th amendment.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, did you forget whose whose surge it was?
Bush focused less on Afghanistan after the Taliban had mostly left for Pakistan. Then in 2009, Obama sent 30,000 more troops..I guess his intelligence sources weren't any better then than today.
All the while, he's surging up in Afghanistan, and OBL was holed up in Pakistan. So it took 30,000 more troops in Afghan to figure out that OBL wasn't even there. Amazing..can't make this stuff up.
Also amazing that in 7 years, Bush couldn't find OBL while Obama did.

Nice trying to turn that all around. Stop watching Fox News.

I didn't support the surge and I don't think it was a great success. But obviously more troops = more cauualties. And that was my point.

OTOH every single life lost in Iraq was a waste, not unlike Vietnam. What was the point of either?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong about what? I didn't bring up roads and bridges - MadMax did. My only comment was that something happened to the stimulus money, cause it sure didn't get used on R&B.
I though you said something about "my roads and bridges are fine"

Not so.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, I mean like Flukey's contraceptives and abortions. I really don't care if people have abortions - it's kinda creepy, but then I wouldn't tell anybody that they can't have an abortion if it's what they really really want.(or need).
I'll bet it's a Republican plot to come out against abortions just so Democrats will whine about it and get more of them. A devious Demographic plot against Democrats. How clever.
And also I mean like Egypt,Libya,Turkey, and all those other countries with which we have no RECIPROCAL agreements. In other words, take the money please,(how do you think Mubarak got so rich?) and then puleeze be nice to us. That's our normal foreign aid strategy. Is this so difficult to comprehend??
Let me explain it once more about Israel. Of the aid we send, over 85% MUST be SPENT HERE in purchasing goods and services of U.S companies which keeps people working here. This is probably the 50th time I've pointed this out here and elsewhere to anti-Israel types. Not that you are, just saying.
Military - last I looked, a standing army and the support thereof was still in the constitution. Of course, it's been a while since I checked, and Obama's still in office, so it might've changed.
Anyway - now that I've had my say..take care and be safe up there.
So how much can we cut military spending and still have a military bigger than the next 20 combined?

If Israel attacks Iran, should we automatically step in and have their backs or do we get to decide when we go to war?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>...I'll bet it's a Republican plot to come out against abortions just so Democrats will whine about it and get more of them. A devious Demographic plot against Democrats. How clever....
Hello?!

Is that Ann Coulter?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We seem to have survived ok. Though I await to see what the world looks like in daylight. We didnt even loose power permamently, though 60% of my city did. Wind last night was kind of fierce - 80 mph at times.
In the middle of the night I was awoken when an earthmover started to clear a tree from an intersection nearby. So crews were out apparently.
From what I heard, significant parts of our coastline flooded yesterday. They built an emergency wall yesterday to protect our power substation, which was in the floodplain.
We just got power back after 19 hours without.

The gas fireplace was nice, but the real heat feels great!

Not to mention internet and tv.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope things are better.

Did you see about the three house in OG?

http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Off...
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
I can't believe Obama allowed this hurricane to hit America.
If you reelect Barack Obama, you can expect four more years of hurricanes just like this one.
I will bring change. I know how to prevent hurricanes. Romney 2012!
It definitely felt like Kenyan hurricane!
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope things are better.
Sounds like you weathered the storm fine.

All day today there were sirens. Not to Gwich either. Overall, the downed trees were not as bad as the March 2010 storm. Frankly, after that, after Irene, and after last years Halloween storm, there are not that many trees left to fall. That said, I saw 5 houses within 10 minute walk of my street that were crunched by trees. I was terrified all last night - we have some tall trees near our house too. But I think the real story are the properties that floated away - dunno how many in here, but likely plenty up the coast.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope things are better.
Just finally heard from relatives - Norwalk is an absolute mess on the tree front. Its going to be days...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••