Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 69,541
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Broomall, PA

#42252 Oct 24, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember 2000? It wasnt over when it was over, until it was over.
I still think it will be closer than we think. I think I rad in the NYTimes 538 - which is the most objective look - it was always close.(though they eschew the word "close") There has been no real surge for any candidate - that was all noise.
That's the one that really broke my heart (2000).

2004 just finished me off.

Now, I'm trying not to pay too much attention, though of course I can't help it.

If I were Obama, and I lost this one, I'd always wonder if that first debate didn't push Mittens over the top.

Seems like momentum changed right about then.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42253 Oct 24, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
OOPS it was in SLATE not the NYTimes
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/10/23/...
How Real is Mittmentum?
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.-- Jonathan Chait argues somewhat convincingly that there is no Romney surge. Well, there was a Romney surge, for a while. It stalled out with the candidate leading narrowly in national polls and losing the electoral college. And it's stuck, despite all the anonymous quotes reporters are getting from Romney folks who speak of new, strong 'mentum....."
At this point, I just want to cover my eyes and wait for it all to be over!
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42254 Oct 24, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the one that really broke my heart (2000).
2004 just finished me off.
Now, I'm trying not to pay too much attention, though of course I can't help it.
If I were Obama, and I lost this one, I'd always wonder if that first debate didn't push Mittens over the top.
Seems like momentum changed right about then.
At this time I think the fates are sealed. Regardless. I dont fault Obama though. How can you run against a flip flopper? Any vote for Romney is really a vote against Obama, and I dont think any stupidity on behalf of Mitt was going to change that.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42255 Oct 24, 2012
PA News:

While Florida and Virginia have been slipping from the Democrats' grasp ever since the first debate, Obama supporters have been able to console themselves with Pennsylvania, whose 20 Electoral College votes seemed destined for the president's side. However, a recent Quinnipiac University poll says that Obama's lead in the Keystone State has shrunk to four points. Adding insult to injury is the come-from-behind campaign of GOP Senate candidate and coal millionaire Tom Smith: As Politico reports, Smith has erased incumbent Democratic Senator Bob Casey's double-digit lead and outspent him on the airwaves by about $5 million.(Smith spent $17 million of his own money.) Though Casey concedes it's a rather "unusual situation," he also points out that Pennsylvania is "much more of a 52-48 kind of state."

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/10/pennsylv...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#42256 Oct 24, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Just glad I don't live in one of the heavy duty batteground states.
But what's worse? Living in a battleground state where your vote can make a difference, or living in a state like CT where you traditionally already know where the electoral votes are heading?
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42257 Oct 24, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Just glad I don't live in one of the heavy duty batteground states.
Its probably kind of like how us Jews feel around Christmas time....
:)
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42258 Oct 24, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
But what's worse? Living in a battleground state where your vote can make a difference, or living in a state like CT where you traditionally already know where the electoral votes are heading?
I have given that issue thought before. My conclusion is that I would prefer the status quo, because at least we dont have to worry as much about the loonies getting into power statewide or even locally.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42259 Oct 24, 2012
(and hopefully Linda was just an outlier.)
Voluntarist

United States

#42260 Oct 24, 2012
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
The people of MA voted for it and by all reports (and polls) are very happy with it.
Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#42261 Oct 24, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that is the easiest way out, in which you do not have to do any thing.
You call some thing as myth and that is end of the matter.
We can also say all your posts and logic is myth and that is the end of discussion!!
And that is the best way to deal with people like you.
We call the Koran a silly myth for the simple reason that it IS a silly myth. That fact is easily demonstrable to anyone and everyone who is wiling to see the truth. For example:

12:4 In spite of Joseph's dream, there are not eleven planets in the Solar System.

7:124 The Ancient Egyptians never used crucifixion as a punishment.

7:80 - 81 Every species of mammal, and many other species as well, have been documented as having some members that engage in homosexual behavior.

13:2 is wrong, the Sun does not orbit the Earth

15:19 No matter what the koran says, the Earth is not flat. No lied.

18:86 The Sun does not set in a muddy pond.

51:49 No, NOT all things are created in pairs. Many bacteria, protists, fungi, and plants reproduce asexually.

So, for those with eyes to see, it is clear that the koran was only a collection of poems, made up by Mo all on his own, without the aid of any Deity.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#42262 Oct 24, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah is the only true God.
There is no God named Jehovah, never has been.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42263 Oct 24, 2012
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true and I always thought visiting NH duruing their primary could be kind of exciting.

The tv commercails would suck though.
former res

Broomall, PA

#42264 Oct 24, 2012
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
In your analogy, who is the sheep?

Are those the folks who don't want to contribute towards their healthcare costs?

(Are they related to the Teabaggers carrying the signs that said "Keep Your Gov't Hands off my Medicare"?)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#42265 Oct 24, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And from where you "derived" this word Jehovah? I do not think that it is available in any of the Original Scripture Book!!
How can you issue such a blank check for a name that has no Scriptural Base?
Islamic Radicals are destroying this world. Soon the United Nations will wipe out Radical Islamists for their extreme views and actions. Sensless TOOLS will be done away with by the Christian right in America. Islam will cease to exsist. TOOL

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#42266 Oct 24, 2012
MESSIANIC Jews are not persecuted in Israel....they have no right to the land. Palastinians were there longer than any Jew....2000 years is a long time to be away from home.....GO AWAY. Palastinians own Israel.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#42267 Oct 24, 2012
TJ Monk wrote:
<quoted text>
Islamic Radicals are destroying this world. Soon the United Nations will wipe out Radical Islamists for their extreme views and actions. Sensless TOOLS will be done away with by the Christian right in America. Islam will cease to exsist. TOOL
I doubt if UN will be able to wipe out any radicals. UN has not been able to do anything in the world so far.

What we like is real teachings of Islam be propagated into the world and people be aware of it.

Radicals and Extremists and Terrorists come up when there is injustice and oppression and corruption and common people have no recourse to get their rights and justice.

If rule of law, justice and equity is maintained, these extremists and terrorists would not get any public support.

And then linking these extremists with Islam is the work of Media which use these cases to malign Islam and 1.5 Billion Muslims. This compounds the issue.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#42268 Oct 24, 2012
Mohammad , the Ideal Prophet By SYED SULAIMAN NADWI (Abridged) Part- 28

Lecture 4. The Perfectness of the Holy Prophet’s Life

Holy Prophet as Role Model for All Muslims all over the world:

It was this spirit which made the holy Prophet’s companions, their disciples and then those who came after them, the scholars of the Prophet’s traditions, the Muslim historians and biographers to look for each and every of his sayings, his actions and movements and record them for the coming generations so that every Muslim could follow him to the best of his capacity.

This fact makes it quite clear that in their minds the life of the holy Prophet (Peace be upon him) was a perfect and ideal life that was meant to be followed in all its details. The standard of perfection, in their sight, was the degree to which
one followed the holy Prophet’s example.

In Islam, the holy Prophet’s life is the supreme model for a Muslim. Therefore, all its aspects should be clearly known to everybody, and so they are. No link is missing. No event of his life is shrouded in mystery. Every thing is as clear as a mirror, preserved for ever in the books of history. That is the evidence that helps
one to believe in an ideal, innocent and perfect life which is as clear as daylight.

Only such a life can serve as a model for all mankind.

Islamic and Other world civilizations:

This world has produced great civilizations such as those of Babylon, Assyria,
India, China, Egypt, Greece and Rome. Great ethical systems were evolved. Rules for a civilized and polite behaviour were set.

Etiquettes and conventions were established for all kinds of human activities such as sitting, standing, eating and drinking, clothing, visiting people, sleeping, marriages, funerals, meeting, inviting, saluting, greeting, bathing and cleansing, offering congratulations, offering condolences and conducting burials etc.

It took centuries to establish the principles of these ancient civilizations, yet they could not stand the challenge of time. Centuries old conventions crumbled in no time. All those great civilizations are now found only in history books.

Whereas the Islamic civilization evolved and established in just a few years. And after a passage of over 1400 years it is there, constant and unchanged, present in hundreds of nations spread all over the world. The basic reason is that it riginates from one source—the life of Prophet

Muhammad (Peace be upon him). This faultless and noble way of life was
reflected in the lives of his worthy companions and then in those of their
dedicated disciples and thus it became the established way of life of the world of
Islam. The holy Prophet’s life was the centre around which revolved the lives of
his companions. The later generations have expanded the circle.

Present day Muslims and Prophet’s life:

Although the present day Muslims are at quite a distance from the centre of that circle, they are tracing the same path. The holy Prophet’s way of life became the way of life of his immediate followers and then that of the entire Muslim world through the ages.

Today that picture is with us in its entirety, intact and complete. In today’s Africa or India if a tribe is converted to Christianity, it gets its religion from the Bible but is taught the ways and culture of Europe. But when a wild tribe of remote Africa converts to Islam, it gets its faith and a complete way of life from the same single source.

When a person enters Islam, the complete picture of the life of the Prophet of Islam comes before him, guiding him through various human conditions and needs. This living picture becomes a reflection of the whole life of a Muslim.

And since no human life is available in such a complete and comprehensive form, the Prophet of Islam is the only ideal and perfect model following whose example the whole mankind can live a pure, decent and complete life.

May Allah shower His best Blessings on him.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42269 Oct 25, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Radicals and Extremists and Terrorists come up when there is injustice and oppression and corruption and common people have no recourse to get their rights and justice.
You know, that theory has been debunked. There have been several studies that noted that terrorists are equally likely, if not more likely, to come from middle class backgrounds.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42270 Oct 25, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
What we like is real teachings of Islam be propagated into the world and people be aware of it.
There is a little girl from Pakistan who would disagree with you on that.
Frijoles

North Haven, CT

#42271 Oct 25, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And then linking these extremists with Islam is the work of Media which use these cases to malign Islam and 1.5 Billion Muslims. This compounds the issue.
I guess you would give no credit for those terrorists that publically lay claim to their actions in the name of Islam. Such as OBL, and all the ones that release jihad videos. The Media does not have to do this work, the Muslims do it for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 23 min Misty Me 7,968
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 15 hr do it here 16,011
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 29 El SupremoS 201,038
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Sep 28 No Time for Tea 5,084
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sep 21 theos 2,275
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]