Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
38,221 - 38,240 of 68,468 Comments Last updated 50 min ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a short memory here,
In previous posts, MULTIPLE posters have noted that differences betwen the genders are expressed in certain secondary sex characteristics (look that up if that is too big a word for you) but in terms of attributes like intellectuality there are NO differences.
IN the US, IF a woman can PERFORM the job, she is entitled to it. Disqualifying discrimination based on gender is illegal. Bottom line.
YOur statement that "this is what woman were created for" is interesting and all of that, but note the statement was created by a man. This is the reason why your religion is incompatible with freedom.
Men dominate the "prophet" business and get to interpret god's will. Inevitably, god's will tends to favor the men over the women. Funny how that works.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Men dominate the "prophet" business and get to interpret god's will. Inevitably, god's will tends to favor the men over the women. Funny how that works.
Thats why I asked him the other day how many Mullahs were women, and how many Islamic judges were women.

Whats crazy is that I think he actually believes the smoke he is pushing.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

I dont think he will get the tissue reference corectly, being that anything other than missionary and donkey style is probably prohibited in his world.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
... This is the reason why your religion is incompatible with freedom.
Many religions have espoused intolerance.

"The subject of homosexuality in Judaism dates back to the Torah, in the books of Bereshit and Vayiqra. Bereshit (Genesis) treats the destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by God. Vayiqra (Leviticus) forbids sexual intercourse between males, classifying it as a to'eivah (something abhorred or detested) that can be subject to capital punishment under halakha (Jewish law)."
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
"The subject of homosexuality in Judaism dates back to the Torah, in the books of Bereshit and Vayiqra. Bereshit (Genesis) treats the destruction of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by God. Vayiqra (Leviticus) forbids sexual intercourse between males, classifying it as a to'eivah (something abhorred or detested) that can be subject to capital punishment under halakha (Jewish law)."
Your interpretations of your citations are not quite correct.

While it is true that most strands of orthodox Judaism do not "approve" of homosexuality - there have been a few commentaries that point out, correctly, that the violation of this commandment is really no different than violating other commandments such as eating shrimp. Its a matter of perspective, and traditionally most Orthodox understand it as so.

The word "toavot" does not really meaning abhorred - that is an English adaptation - it means forbidden to God.

The Sin of Sodom was not gay sex. That was a Christian add on. On other forums, we have posted where that idea came up. The Sin of Sodom in the Jewish tradition was inhospitality. The word "sodomize" was coined by Christians many centuries later.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
No Holds Barred: The Jewish view of homosexuality
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Columnists/Artic...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why I asked him the other day how many Mullahs were women, and how many Islamic judges were women.
Belief without evidence leads to all sorts of craziness, IMHO :-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
I dont think he will get the tissue reference corectly, being that anything other than missionary and donkey style is probably prohibited in his world.
Donkey Style...LOL!
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would there be any woman judges, they need rational beings as judges.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you're in a position to ascertain what is and isn't rational, butterfly man.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Your interpretations of your citations are not quite correct.
While it is true that most strands of orthodox Judaism do not "approve" of homosexuality - there have been a few commentaries that point out, correctly, that the violation of this commandment is really no different than violating other commandments such as eating shrimp. Its a matter of perspective, and traditionally most Orthodox understand it as so.
The word "toavot" does not really meaning abhorred - that is an English adaptation - it means forbidden to God.
The Sin of Sodom was not gay sex. That was a Christian add on. On other forums, we have posted where that idea came up. The Sin of Sodom in the Jewish tradition was inhospitality. The word "sodomize" was coined by Christians many centuries later.
So it's the extremes or fringes of many of these groups that are the most objectionable to most folks.

Whether it be Muslims, Jews, Christians...

I don't even know what religion MUQ is and don't feel like reading enough of his blather to find out, though I completely understand the entertainment element.

Still miss the Holy Cow!
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
You remind me of a former co-worker who complained that one of our female co-workers was on a "reverse cycle" - only in a good mood once every 28 days!

I admit to laughing and still smiling at that one.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to be your wife's attorney.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
So it's the extremes or fringes of many of these groups that are the most objectionable to most folks.
Whether it be Muslims, Jews, Christians...
I don't even know what religion MUQ is and don't feel like reading enough of his blather to find out, though I completely understand the entertainment element.
Still miss the Holy Cow!
Interesting enough, among many ultra orthodox, I have read that male homosexuality is looked the other way as long as the men are also married with children. Many gay men put up with that as long as they still can maintain their "social" life.

Its the dominant Christian culture that brings in the stigma aspect.

MUQ is muslim.

I wonder who the COW would vote for.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
Donkey Style...LOL!
" " Knows Best.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

(That was self censorship, by the way.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
(That was self censorship, by the way.)
I don't believe in censorship.

Here's a picture of Mohammad smiling

:-)
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting enough, among many ultra orthodox, I have read that male homosexuality is looked the other way as long as the men are also married with children. Many gay men put up with that as long as they still can maintain their "social" life.
Its the dominant Christian culture that brings in the stigma aspect.
MUQ is muslim.
I wonder who the COW would vote for.
But how about this?

"Statement by Rabbis Schachter, Willig, Rosensweig, and Twersky

In 2010, TorahWeb.org published a brief position statement entitled "Torah View on Homosexuality".[10] It was co-authored by Rav Hershel Schachter, Rav Mordechai Willig, Rav Michael Rosensweig, and Rav Mayer Twersky. These four are all roshei yeshiva (i.e., rabbinic leaders) at the Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary at Yeshiva University, the largest and most influential Modern Orthodox rabbinic program in America. In part, the statement reads:

... Prohibited homosexual activity includes any non-platonic physical contact; even yichud (seclusion) with someone of the same gender is forbidden for homosexually active individuals...."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism_and_sexu...
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in censorship.
Here's a picture of Mohammad smiling
:-)
Is it really censorship if it is self?

I always knew the guy was bald.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it really censorship if it is self?
I always knew the guy was bald.
Here he is looking surprised...

:-O

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••