Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 1,895)

Showing posts 37,881 - 37,900 of68,176
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

What it later became (the first narrative was overtaken with trial by prayer stories):
http://islam101.net/real-tales/304-the-ditche...
Al-Buruj would have these be the ditches of fire were the believers of Allah T'ala ended up.
And this remark i find very interesting.
If this originally meant god of the post/stake, thus of christians as i once debated.(onesided i might add) And not allah is one, since this would mean that believe in Allah means you'll burn/are punished.

Well given the same ideas in christianity about what to do till the last day...and on that last day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod#The_evil_...
Titus was visited by gnats, kind of revenge literature.
I learned that Titus was a real badboy. Around 80 CE he also burned the public libraries instituted by August in 28 CE.
The talmud relates the story but in the shape of a discussion between an almighty king nimrod and Abram, juxtaposing them, a sort of illustration of proverbs 16:9 a.o. but only in the middleages.(1,8 million pages, more than a hundred contributors and spanning 7 generations.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Short recall:
Allah Ta'ala is One. There is no one equal to Allah Ta'ala, either in being, qualities, actions, commands or names. Allah Ta'ala is "Waajibul Wujood", in other words, His Existence is compulsory. His destruction is impossible. Allah Ta'ala always was and always will be.
Allah Ta'ala is neither anyone's father, not is He anyone's son. Allah Ta'ala does not have a wife. Anyone who shows Allah Ta'ala to have a father or for Him to be anyone's son or to prove that Allah Ta'ala has a wife is a Kaafir (non-believer). If anyone thinks or imagines this to be possible, then that person he is misled and irreligious.
Allah Ta'ala is present and in existence. The term used to define this is "Hai". Everyone?s life and existence is in the control of Allah Ta'ala. He gives life and causes death to whomever He pleases.
It is also not necessary that everything in the power of Allah Ta'ala should come into existence even though it is possible for it to come into existence. An example of this is that if Allah Ta'ala wills, He may create a mountain made from solid gold, but there is no such mountain. However, if Allah Ta'ala wishes, then it will exist even though it does not exist at present.

end quote.
As a matter of fact we could read nothing that could also not be attributed to jesus.
Ah and we had the problem with jesus dying on the cross which proved that he could not be a god.
But for some reason someone had to die on the cross and jesus saved. WHY?
See the previous post, as to why the very first narrator on the najran xians was out of flavour.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he will certainly be happy to hear that the good doctor speeched that the earth is only 9000 years old.
You know, there IS a reason that no major scientific discoveries or innovations ever came from the island of Jamaica.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

The actual verse:
66:12 And Mary the daughter of 'Imran, who guarded her chastity; and We breathed into (her body) of Our spirit; and she testified to the truth of the words of her Lord and of His Revelations, and was one of the devout (servants).
Wamaryama ibnata AAimrana allatee ahsanatfarjaha fanafakhna feehi min roohinawasaddaqat bikalimati rabbiha wakutubihi wakanatmina alqaniteena

Another clue. Either to leaving each religions to it's own time and place. As with the prophets.
Or an acknowledgement of Allah's plurality.
Though admittedly they did not get jewish philosophy and religion one bit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Why, i wonder, would someone living in Axum, Abessinia, working for the Negus, be an eyewitness to an event in Yemen?
Who's narrative is based upon an islamic tradition about Ibrahim.
Any story would be repeated about christians being martyrs, but i'm putting serious question marks as to the perpetrator.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, there IS a reason that no major scientific discoveries or innovations ever came from the island of Jamaica.
Lack of logic...
Ah silly me, you mean that they simply lacked time to evolve.

The music is pretty good though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Right...what day is this.
Got islam out of my system again.

Time to relax.
L'hitraot Frijoles.
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The atheist , secular and humanist communities have been following this guy for a while. The scariest part isn't his beliefs, since many evangelicals think that way and we're used to it. The scariest part is that he chairs the House Science Commitee..
BTW - he's been married four times. Guess he picks and chooses what he's going to follow from the bible.
That makes it even scarier.

He sounds like a "cafeteria Christian."

Might as well put Huggybear in charge of science!
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

MAAT wrote:
Right...what day is this.
L'hitraot Frijoles.
Its Hoshanna Rabbah
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes it even scarier.
He sounds like a "cafeteria Christian."
Might as well put Huggybear in charge of science!
Someone has to be in charge of those textbooks.
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You would make a good republican.
Actually Reverend Wright's group is more suitable - no Republicans there.
"GD America"
SeasideSoon

Smyrna, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

What is the capital of Israel anyway?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Reverend Wright's group is more suitable - no Republicans there.
"GD America"
But there is no irony in that.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Besides, I dont think Hughbe knows that he is black.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Move over, Big Bird, we got a better scapegoat..
----------

Republicans to Cities: "Drop Dead"
How the G.O.P. Became the Anti-Urban Party

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/opinion/sun...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
Move over, Big Bird, we got a better scapegoat..
----------
Republicans to Cities: "Drop Dead"
How the G.O.P. Became the Anti-Urban Party
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/opinion/sun...
I got through her rambling, but wonder why someone who claims to be a conservative doesn't understand that history has shown that cities have always had a excessive amount of control of how state tax (and federal)dollars are spent. Of course, it's because of their numbers (votes), that's a given. But with that lopsided power, the rest of the state gets the shaft becaue the voters inside the loop have their own agenda and priorities. Screw everybody else is the general sentiment. So Ms. Peggy is now outraged that those outside the loop have finally found a voice? Her comments are a waste of newsprint and bandwidth.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I got through her rambling, but wonder why someone who claims to be a conservative doesn't understand that history has shown that cities have always had a excessive amount of control of how state tax (and federal)dollars are spent. Of course, it's because of their numbers (votes), that's a given. But with that lopsided power, the rest of the state gets the shaft becaue the voters inside the loop have their own agenda and priorities. Screw everybody else is the general sentiment. So Ms. Peggy is now outraged that those outside the loop have finally found a voice? Her comments are a waste of newsprint and bandwidth.
Its a little than finding a voice. Many of the anti-city comments are nothing more than a screen for racist codewords. Which is amusing to the rest of us who understand that the cities are more than that.
Frijoles

New Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I got through her rambling, but wonder why someone who claims to be a conservative ...
So, speaking of rambling, what do you make of the new Mitt? Who is the real Mitt?

And why are the Repubs circling the wagons around him now that he is no longer severely Conservative? To me, that shows what the real issue is. This election to them is not about ideology but a hatefest against Obama (the Urban One).

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all ok though.
The homophobic Jamaican known as Hughbe finds confort knowing that people sensible people like him exist.
I can sleep better know that ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 37,881 - 37,900 of68,176
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Search the Monterey Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Bruno 200,242
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr PMS will get yeah 7,821
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr all doned in 4,864
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sat The right is wrong 2,225
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 11 This topics peaked 15,911
Ask Dr. Gott: Shingles pain difficult to contro... (May '09) Jun 27 William 4
Marina man twice convicted in 2014Marina man tw... Jun 26 AZ AMIGA 1
•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000