Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.
Comments
37,821 - 37,840 of 68,900 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I do. Its not cause and effect though, its effect and effect.
I think the guys a loon, and the stupidity of his divorce and his comments reflect his essential looniness.
Trump trumps him. FWIW.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Archie yelled at Edith when she forgot to put one in his lunch box. He looked forward to hit. The loading dock was hard work.

"Twinkies, there a kind of wasp soul food..."
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =O_UBgkFHm8oXX
"Twinkies, there a kind of wasp soul food..."
Love that show.

Archie to Sammy:

You was born black, so you didn't have no choice about that. But, why'd you turn Jew?
former res

Broomall, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Correct quote:

You being colored, well, I know you had no choice in that. But whatever made you turn Jew?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Archie yelled at Edith when she forgot to put one in his lunch box. He looked forward to hit. The loading dock was hard work.
rabbee yeah! you could tell, how really hard archie worked by his physical appearance. and how hard he thought, by his mental apearance.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Trump trumps him. FWIW.
How come we dont have our own wikipedia pages?
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats it. You are fired!
I am now going to do my thinking on my own.
Shouldn't you wait till after the election??
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I think those Conservatives who believe in the Hobbesian contract might have a little heartburn over that one.
Sure they would. But with a more long-range view, it is the ultimate ideal.
It's not going to be resolved in any election process. What did Hobbes expect?
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Since we all admit that govt funding of NPR isnt really a significant issue, why are the Conservatives making it into such an issue? Obviously, b/c of social political reasons - the inability to accept a noncommercial media
2. I see you ARE able to apply the constitutionality test to ss and public media. I dont know about you, but I expect quality of life and a social net out of my govt as well- I dont buy this govt as business argument. We have public parks - they are not specified in the Constitution either yet I would never advocate privatizing those. There are whole aspects of govt that reasonable people expect.
3. Relying on State govt for the safety net is a recipe for disaster. You think the fed govt is bad? At worst it is cloggy and semicompetent. State govts on the other hand, tend to be out right corrupt. We live in a nation - there is nothing inherently wrong for expecting us to act as a nation.
1. NPR is an easily comprehensible example of something that taxpayers are required to pay for and for which there is no federal mandate to provide. It’s not related to national security or any of the other powers accorded to it.

“powers to levy and collect taxes; to coin money and regulate its value; provide for punishment for counterfeiting; establish post offices and roads, promote progress of science by issuing patents, create federal courts inferior to the Supreme Court, combat piracies and felonies, declare war, raise and support armies, provide and maintain a navy, make rules for the regulation of land and naval forces, provide for, arm and discipline the militia, exercise exclusive legislation in the District of Columbia, and to make laws necessary to properly execute powers.”

The camel-tent analogy. If the feds want NPR, then they may be within their rights to squeeze the money out of the DC residents.

2. Cities and states seem to be doing just fine creating parks and green spaces. And they are free access as far as I know. The voters may decide not to fund new ones, but it appears that they choose to.“As of March 2012, out of the 2.27 billion acres in the country, about 28% of the total was owned by the Federal government according to the Interior Department.” Time for another land lottery.

3. Corruption doesn’t stop at the entrance to D.C., local governments don’t have a monopoly on it. They get basic training at the local level and then hone their skills when they get to the federal level. But, at least it’s local and can be dealt with at the local level where commissioners, mayors, governors can be held accountable if anyone is paying attention.

Who in the world seriously imagines that HEW, DOE, GSA and other Washington depts. are accountable unless and until someone posts the top dude in a hot tub? Finally after getting a Repub.gov ernor we’re starting to see some accountability as in the cheater teachers, a halt to the spiraling property tax rape, and a stop to plundering the suburbs. Maybe he’ll get around to cleaning up MARTA and Hartsfield Airport.

4. Also unconstitutional under guidelines given above. Obamacare, from Dr. Barbara Bellar (Illinois)“We’re going to be gifted with a healthcare plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don’t, which puportedly covers at least 10 million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a congress that didn’t read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted social security and medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and and financed by a country that’s broke.
So, what the blank could possibly go wrong?”
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Since we all admit that govt funding of NPR isnt really a significant issue, why are the Conservatives making it into such an issue? Obviously, b/c of social political reasons - the inability to accept a noncommercial media
2. I see you ARE able to apply the constitutionality test to ss and public media. I dont know about you, but I expect quality of life and a social net out of my govt as well- I dont buy this govt as business argument. We have public parks - they are not specified in the Constitution either yet I would never advocate privatizing those. There are whole aspects of govt that reasonable people expect.
3. Relying on State govt for the safety net is a recipe for disaster. You think the fed govt is bad? At worst it is cloggy and semicompetent. State govts on the other hand, tend to be out right corrupt. We live in a nation - there is nothing inherently wrong for expecting us to act as a nation.
1. NPR is an easily comprehensible example of something that taxpayers are required to pay for and for which there is no federal mandate to provide. It’s not related to national security or any of the other powers accorded to it.
“powers to levy and collect taxes; to coin money and regulate its value; provide for punishment for counterfeiting; establish post offices and roads, promote progress of science by issuing patents, create federal courts inferior to the Supreme Court, combat piracies and felonies, declare war, raise and support armies, provide and maintain a navy, make rules for the regulation of land and naval forces, provide for, arm and discipline the militia, exercise exclusive legislation in the District of Columbia, and to make laws necessary to properly execute powers.”
The camel-tent analogy. If the feds want NPR, then they are within their rights to squeeze the money out of the DC residents.

2. Cities and states seem to be doing just fine creating parks and green spaces. And they are free access as far as I know. The voters may decide not to fund new ones, but it appears that they choose to.“As of March 2012, out of the 2.27 billion acres in the country, about 28% of the total was owned by the Federal government according to the Interior Department.” Time for another land lottery.

3. Corruption doesn’t stop at the entrance to D.C., local governments don’t have a monopoly on it. They get basic training at the local level and then hone their skills when they get to the federal level. But, at least it’s local and can be dealt with at the local level where commissioners, mayors, governors can be held accountable if anyone is paying attention.

Who in the world seriously imagines that HEW, DOE, and other Washington depts. are accountable unless and until someone posts the top dude in a hot tub? Finally after getting a Repub.gov ernor we’re starting to see some accountability as in the cheater teachers, a halt to the spiraling property tax rape, and a stop to plundering the suburbs. Maybe he’ll get around to cleaning up MARTA and Hartsfield Airport.

4. Also unconstitutional under guidelines given above. Obamacare, from Dr. Barbara Bellar (Illinois)
“We’re going to be gifted with a healthcare plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don’t, which puportedly covers at least 10 million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a congress that didn’t read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted social security and medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and and financed by a country that’s broke.
So, what the blank could possibly go wrong?”
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

MAAT wrote:
Iterated: because faith in Hebrew and for Moses and G-d is based on specific actions and accomplishments.

I'll provide you a house if you provide me a house.

Also included are thus people and land in striving for tikkun olam. Israel is yhvh's bride (see all of Isaiah), the people his kids.

It's a different faith-concept from Christianity and islam.
So Moses on his knees, ass up for Allah does not feature.
Ans.

Every race tries to project themselves as Special People of God and having specials relations with Him.

These issues can not be solved thru debates and discussion, that is why Quran has a very simple formula

“…If Allah so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan) is to test you in what he has given you; so strive as in a race in all virtues. The return of you all is to Allah: it is He that will show you (on the Last day) the truth of matters in which you disputed”(5:49)

Let us try to outdo each other in doing good deeds and leave the matter to God. He will judge and decide who was eight and who was wrong.

And that shall be done in the Hereafter and not on this earth.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Mohammad , the Ideal Prophet By SYED SULAIMAN NADWI (Abridged) Part-15

Lecture 2. The Life of Prophet Muhammad - the Most
Comprehensive and Eternal Model (Contd)

Credentials of Prophet Mohammad for Role Modal to Whole World:

D. Fourth Criterion: Practicability:

The last criterion for an ideal model is that his life example should be practical and practicable. What is meant here is that the founder of a religion or the divine law-giver should set a personal example for the discipline he has proposed for others and his personal life should explain and prove to the world that the rules he has set forth are practicable.

It is not too difficult for anyone to present a charming philosophy, an attractive theory, or a fascinating saying. But what is difficult for everyone at all times is to practise what they preach. A person’s lofty and pure thoughts his innocent and noble sayings, his moral and ethical philosophies alone cannot make him an ideal and perfect model.

This has to be the criterion, otherwise who would be able to tell the good from the bad, and this world would remain a place for only those who have a persuasive tongue and use beautiful words to their advantage.

Will you allow me to ask a question at this point? Of the numerous law-givers and founders of different religions which one can come forward and have the practical aspect of his biography be judged by this standard?

Jesus Christ and test of Practicability:

Let us consider some very attractive and charming sayings attributed to Jesus Christ in the present day Bible:

‘Love your Lord God with all your heart. Love your enemy. Offer your left cheek to the one who has hit you on the right cheek. One who takes you for forced labour for a mile without wages, go with him for two miles. One who asks you for your coat, give him you shirt too. Give all that you own in charity. Forgive your brother seventy times over. The rich will hardly enter the Kingdom of Heaven.”

These and many such sayings are quite attractive. But if they are not accompanied by action, they remain only a combination of persuasive and charming words. How can a person set forth a practical example of forgiveness who has not actually overcome an enemy?

How can one look after the poor, the needy and the orphans if he is himself penniless? How could one become a model for a husband a father or other human relations if he himself did not have a wife and children or other relatives? How can one preach the virtue of visiting the sick and the destitute if he has not done so himself?

If he has never got an opportunity to overcome his anger and forgive others, his life cannot become a model for those of us who have a quick temper…

Conclusion:

I would like you to carefully consider what I have said today. It is not a piece of oratory or poetic exaggeration but a proven and verifiable fact of history that the life of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is the only life which fulfills all
the conditions and standards we have set forth so far.

Please consider my point once more very carefully. What I am trying to say and prove today is that whatever model is chosen from the lives of great men of human history, it must have the following four qualities in order to be the ideal life or the ideal example to be followed by others.

It must have authentic historical sources, and it must be comprehensive, perfect and practical.

I do not mean to say that the lives of the other prophets of Allah lacked these qualities in their own times. What I am trying to maintain is that whatever remnants of their life histories reached the common people after their period, or the ones existing today, lack the qualities of authenticity, comprehensiveness, perfection and practicality...
SeasideSoon

Fortson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

mephedrone for sale wrote:
DMT Dimethltryptamine,5-Meo-DMT MethoxydimethyltryptamineC
-DiPT,5-Meo-DMT NRG-1 NAPHYONE NAPHTHYLPYROVALERONE 4-ACO-DMT Flephedrone (4-FMC, 4-Fluoromethcathinone) Methedrone (BK-PMMA, Methoxyphedrine) 4-Fluoromethamphetamine (4-FMA) Methylone (BK-MDMA) a-Pyrrolidinopropiophenone (a-PPP). Butylone (BK-MBDB) OXYCODONE MDPV (Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, MDPK) TESTOSTERONE JWH-073, 1-butyl-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole Dimethocaine (Larocaine/DMC) MDA
Here's a butane lighter - have fun

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw the big bird quote.
Romney seems to suggest that the US debt to the chinese came through funding Big Bird/Sesame street and will increase for as long as we keep Sesame street.
He might have wanted to infer a lot of other things but i say the altitude also got to him.
Big Bird might as well have meant the eagle as symbol.

I guess that if i were Obama i would have also let the guy rant on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

MUQ wrote:
Mohammad , the Ideal Prophet By SYED SULAIMAN NADWI (Abridged) Part-15
Lecture 2. The Life of Prophet Muhammad - the Most
Comprehensive and Eternal Model (Contd)
Credentials of Prophet Mohammad for Role Modal to Whole World:
D. Fourth Criterion: Practicability:
The last criterion for an ideal model is that his life example should be practical and practicable. What is meant here is that the founder of a religion or the divine law-giver should set a personal example for the discipline he has proposed for others and his personal life should explain and prove to the world that the rules he has set forth are practicable.
It is not too difficult for anyone to present a charming philosophy, an attractive theory, or a fascinating saying. But what is difficult for everyone at all times is to practise what they preach. A person’s lofty and pure thoughts his innocent and noble sayings, his moral and ethical philosophies alone cannot make him an ideal and perfect model.
This has to be the criterion, otherwise who would be able to tell the good from the bad, and this world would remain a place for only those who have a persuasive tongue and use beautiful words to their advantage.
Will you allow me to ask a question at this point? Of the numerous law-givers and founders of different religions which one can come forward and have the practical aspect of his biography be judged by this standard?
Jesus Christ and test of Practicability:
[...]How can one look after the poor, the needy and the orphans if he is himself penniless? How could one become a model for a husband a father or other human relations if he himself did not have a wife and children or other relatives? How can one preach the virtue of visiting the sick and the destitute if he has not done so himself?
If he has never got an opportunity to overcome his anger and forgive others, his life cannot become a model for those of us who have a quick temper…
Conclusion:
I would like you to carefully consider what I have said today. It is not a piece of oratory or poetic exaggeration but a proven and verifiable fact of history that the life of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is the only life which fulfills all
the conditions and standards we have set forth so far.
Please consider my point once more very carefully. What I am trying to say and prove today is that whatever model is chosen from the lives of great men of human history, it must have the following four qualities in order to be the ideal life or the ideal example to be followed by others.
It must have authentic historical sources, and it must be comprehensive, perfect and practical.
I do not mean to say that the lives of the other prophets of Allah lacked these qualities in their own times. What I am trying to maintain is that whatever remnants of their life histories reached the common people after their period, or the ones existing today, lack the qualities of authenticity, comprehensiveness, perfection and practicality...
Muh ahmed lacks all those qualities: authenticity, comprehensiveness, perfection and practicality.
e.g.:I killed a women with 5 kids that was suckling a baby.
Muh ahmed: of course you should not be quilty, you did it to defend my name.(Not even Allah's name)
Do we then see muh ahmed taking any responsibility? NO.
Try to overcome his hubris and temper? NO
So that expounding and nullifying on poor and orphans a.s.o. is totally void of meaning and understanding.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Every race tries to project themselves as Special People of God and having specials relations with Him.
These issues can not be solved thru debates and discussion, that is why Quran has a very simple formula
“…If Allah so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan) is to test you in what he has given you; so strive as in a race in all virtues. The return of you all is to Allah: it is He that will show you (on the Last day) the truth of matters in which you disputed”(5:49)
Let us try to outdo each other in doing good deeds and leave the matter to God. He will judge and decide who was eight and who was wrong.
And that shall be done in the Hereafter and not on this earth.
What's it to do with race?
Unless as you show you are a muslim.
Are you sure of that translation?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

5:1 O ye who believe! fulfil (all) obligations. Lawful unto you (for food) are all four-footed animals, with the exceptions named: But animals of the chase are forbidden while ye are in the sacred precincts or in pilgrim garb: for Allah doth command according to His will and plan.
Ya ayyuha allatheena amanooawfoo bialAAuqoodi ohillat lakum baheematu al-anAAamiilla ma yutla AAalaykum ghayra muhilleealssaydi waantum hurumun inna Allahayahkumu ma yureedu

Also of note 5:44 where we see Moses as keeper of the book with Allah's words.(Apropos Abraham etc. oral tranmission most likely. And names do have meaning in hebrew, which went lost in translation into arab and other languages)
But more to the point, if read in total we see animals and we see humans.
Any other distinctions man-made.

The chapter is called the spread table.
Which i would not see as the word of g-d but extrapolated rules/guidance.
(it also talks about punishment in the here and now.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

It also speaks of chrisianity confirming as well as the quraan, what is revealed to the hebrews.
5:5 This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them.(Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time,- when ye give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues if any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).
Alyawma ohilla lakumu alttayyibatuwataAAamu allatheena ootoo alkitaba hillunlakum wataAAamukum hillun lahum waalmuhsanatumina almu/minati waalmuhsanatu minaallatheena ootoo alkitaba min qablikum itha ataytumoohunnaojoorahunna muhsineena ghayra musafiheenawala muttakhithee akhdanin waman yakfur bial-eemanifaqad habita AAamaluhu wahuwa fee al-akhiratimina alkhasireena

Look up for yourself what 5: 49 states.(no race whatsoever)
http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/arabic/005...
KETUA OPOSISI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

F*ck you israel

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Interesting that one, for it shows that these women do not have to convert.
And rather that muslim man have to live up to the strictest criteria to even be considered, otherwise they would be loosing there spiritual good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 min Donny B 7,924
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) 13 hr Plain Simple 16
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 hr blasters 200,565
clint 21 hr ubietron 1
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... 21 hr roensoledad 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 23 hr matches lighters 15,961
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Aug 24 Mono 4,996

Search the Monterey Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••