California Proposition 19: the Mariju...

California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 7, 2010

19,879 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Big D

Modesto, CA

#15102 Feb 8, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How is cannabis good for the brain? Cannabis is not mixed with tabacco. And cannabis makes kids dumb.
Religon also and makes kids ( and adults ) dumb
PisnPot

Monrovia, CA

#15103 Feb 8, 2013
While it happens time to time, so many 'out-of-towners post on the john crappers.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#15104 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Next time you need any medical procedure be sure to let them know that make believe fact of yours...lol. Request only those that believe in the puddle of crud theory.

Elk Grove, CA

#15105 Feb 8, 2013
you can be both smart and faithful.
however the schools are basically atheist training camps. To say the truth these professors have no idea if God exists or not. Science can not prove that any God does not exist. So in my point of view science is my way of understanding in some small part the creations of the universe that God has created. You may disagree with me and you have every right, but remember if there is no higher power no soul than all we are is chemical reactions with no free will or power to think independently from a predetermined path.
If that is the case, than the debate is worthless.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#15106 Feb 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
you can be both smart and faithful.
however the schools are basically atheist training camps. To say the truth these professors have no idea if God exists or not. Science can not prove that any God does not exist. So in my point of view science is my way of understanding in some small part the creations of the universe that God has created. You may disagree with me and you have every right, but remember if there is no higher power no soul than all we are is chemical reactions with no free will or power to think independently from a predetermined path.
If that is the case, than the debate is worthless.
Science can also not prove that Peter Pan exists, which is why God and Peter Pan are equal in the eyes of science.

Elk Grove, CA

#15107 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Science can also not prove that Peter Pan exists, which is why God and Peter Pan are equal in the eyes of science.
Most of the smarter people know Peter Pan was created by Scottish novelist and playwright J. M. Barrie. Stop making science look so stupid. And who brought up religion again....YOU!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#15108 Feb 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the smarter people know Peter Pan was created by Scottish novelist and playwright J. M. Barrie. Stop making science look so stupid. And who brought up religion again....YOU!
I am serious, we will treat your God with the same respect we treat Peter Pan, science cannot disprove either.

Yes both stories were written by people, we all know that.
PisnPot

Monrovia, CA

#15109 Feb 8, 2013
You have leaned so far to the right the sky is now the ground.

And they will start planting in your back forty soon.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#15110 Feb 8, 2013
Bull Durham wrote:
<quoted text>
If you plant an acre of pulpwood trees it will take twenty years to become mature enough to make paper. On that same acre you can plant hemp every year for 20 years which can be up to ten times the yeild of fiber for paper. Imagine how many millions of acres of trees that have been wasted on paper products.
Just imagine how many years we have wasted on politicians.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#15111 Feb 8, 2013
NoBlamer 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
so if we did it your way...
after we read the comics we could smoke the paper instead of overfilling our landfills ?
Republicans! I swear, have you never heard of recycling?
PisnPot

Monrovia, CA

#15112 Feb 8, 2013
Just get over it and go home.

We are tired of hearing you cry.

Elk Grove, CA

#15114 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am serious, we will treat your God with the same respect we treat Peter Pan, science cannot disprove either.
Yes both stories were written by people, we all know that.
Don't insult science like that Bigot. Does science prove human life started from a puddle of crud?
Big D

Modesto, CA

#15115 Feb 8, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Don't insult science like that Bigot. Does science prove human life started from a puddle of crud?
I am not, I like Peter Pan
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#15116 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure YOU aren't a child? Any reasonable grown up would graps that it is the person who lets himself become an idiot, not the religion. You really are young aren't you? So young!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#15117 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
God actually does have proof "scientifically".
Big D

Modesto, CA

#15118 Feb 8, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God actually does have proof "scientifically".
Which of the billions of Gods did you think there is proof of? I already know there isnít, you really donít want to go down this road with me kiddo.
PisnPot

Monrovia, CA

#15119 Feb 8, 2013
Oh ya, another piece of wisdom for today.

Next piece could be printed in the newspaper, but you'll miss that one because you can't read.
amsterdam

United States

#15120 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of the billions of Gods did you think there is proof of? I already know there isnít, you really donít want to go down this road with me kiddo.
I guess if there's no god then death will put you out of your misery you rest assurred all your opionions and grandstanding will be forgotten as we wait for mother earths slow hand at evolution to transform some culture of spider monkey to evolve into a premagna man or missing link heck there a story of a dog with a human face obcourse there are those left like john the baptist who turned catholic on his death bed I've witnessed the power of god and the far vast universe what has science taught sannitation how to put a tube in a artery no it bombardment of radiation and chemicals to prolong life after cancer science has taught us the easy way terminating a pregnancy with a vacuum cleaner but science develops chemicals for consumption that feeds this cycle obcourse I go to the doctor when I get sick and call the police when I get scarred but I don't put all my faith in man when you go under the knife do you silently reflect to a higher power or do you fear your day in court with god or do you try remember your order of lies and peck what ever maybe a sattelite will intercept your thoughts and memmories store them in harddrive and feed them to a one cell organizm at sea ready to walk crawl out of the ocean giving you another crack at it and becomming your god maybe god give you mercy and end it for you put you on the drawing board so smug in aithesim however i hope you on the safe side seek salvation and forgiveness in Jesus and live forever under the rule of god in heaven being gods child pride and humility in mistake. Okay we will study bird island Darwin's charted land and proof and lay a egg or be consumed by the survival of the fittest with cosmic virus that barrens resoursed worlds it crosses maybe gods universe is a cloak that keeps your influence out in other words I forgive you and hope find peace in whatever brings you peace just don't grandstand or tread on the faithfull
PisnPot

Monrovia, CA

#15121 Feb 8, 2013
Pundin Tat get going we will not stop you.
Questions

Santa Cruz, CA

#15122 Feb 8, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure you're not confusing God with names for God?
Science changes things all the time- names, formulas, theories. It doesn't take away from their pursuit of truth too much.
Doesn't anybody notice anything nice anymore?
Keep at it, maybe someday someone will have the courage to express the observation-
"That was an interesting point I hadn't previously considered."
It is a lovely day though, isn't it?
As far as going down that road with you, when you see one set of footprints it's because I bailed.
Feel better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Apr 29 Zionism is racism 72,025
News Pacific Grove swears in new city manager, exami... Apr 26 Lucy Anne 1
News HBO's 'Big Little Lies' starring Nicole Kidman ... Apr 26 Julie Jane 1
News Environmental groups now back revised Carmel Ri... Apr 26 Julie Jane 1
News Monterey native Rachel Roy: I'm not 'Becky with... Apr 26 Julie Jane 1
News HBO's 'Big Little Lies' starring Nicole Kidman ... Apr 26 Julie Jane 1
News Giant, inflatable whale to land at San Carlos B... Apr 26 Julie Jane 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages