Other (explain below)

Greg

Bakersfield, CA

#13123 Nov 16, 2012
Dvj
Passed

Covina, CA

#13124 Nov 16, 2012
Willard Mitt Romney-Paul D. Ryan was against health, voter suppression, and every major policy flipped throughout the campaign.

Donald Trumpís announcement last month that he would pay President Obama $5 million to reveal his college transcripts and passport records.
Bruno24

Brussels, Belgium

#13125 Nov 17, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Or warning it brings on heart attacks or warning if smoked while pregnant causes add. Or warning it might make you stupid. Want to tell me it's good for your heart? I'd be glad to debunk you on that one.
Give me the references, and I will show you the error in logic.
Passed

Covina, CA

#13126 Nov 17, 2012
Willard Mitt Romney - Paul D. Ryan were against health, voter suppression, and every major policy flipped throughout the campaign.

Donald Trumpís announcement last month that he would pay President Obama $5 million to reveal his college transcripts and passport records.

These Republicans are a bunch of fogHorns stuck on stupid blasts.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13127 Nov 17, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Why would anyone admit they at that dog food? lol..How cute, and funny to actually witness pot heads in a car. Can't wait for all the new stories in Colorado.
like which ones???
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#13128 Nov 17, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the references, and I will show you the error in logic.
pot causes add when the mother is preg. and induces heart attacks in middle age men. Harvard http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/03.02/ma...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/60631-marij...

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-h...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story...
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#13129 Nov 17, 2012
http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20030325/marij...

Smoking Marijuana While Pregnant May Harm Baby's Brain
Lockheart

Covina, CA

#13130 Nov 17, 2012
I heard tell the New Republican party will endorse some Green Magic laws..
BlameOs

Covina, CA

#13132 Nov 18, 2012
Who planted all the stuff in the first place?
Sister SunShinny

Dexter, MO

#13133 Nov 18, 2012
Proposition 19 would change California Law to Legalize Marijuana and Allow It to Be Regulated and Taxed:

- Allows people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use.

- Permits local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of marijuana to people 21 years old or older.

- Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using it in public, smoking it while minors are present, or providing it to anyone under 21 years old.

- Maintains current prohibitions against driving while impaired.

How will you vote on November 2?
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13134 Nov 18, 2012
Sister SunShinny wrote:
Proposition 19 would change California Law to Legalize Marijuana and Allow It to Be Regulated and Taxed:
- Allows people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use.
- Permits local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of marijuana to people 21 years old or older.
- Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using it in public, smoking it while minors are present, or providing it to anyone under 21 years old.
- Maintains current prohibitions against driving while impaired.
How will you vote on November 2?
fortunately, the growers and social conservatives united to defeat it....

it was a poorly wriiten law .....the gay community in the bay and else where voted against it too....

as it imposed draconian penalties on those over 21 caught smoking with someone 18 plus....who, at the present time, only have to pay a ticket if they get caught with less than an OZ.

in other words it was reversing basic decriminalization here in the state, which has been in effect since 1975.

and decriminalization was expanded on(by the govenator himself) in 2010, just as prop 19 was being voted down.

now it is a ticket(misdemeanor) of 100$, no court appearance needed.
Bruno24

Brussels, Belgium

#13135 Nov 18, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>pot causes add when the mother is preg. and induces heart attacks in middle age men. Harvard http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/2000/03.02/ma...
The error is here: "These findings come from a study of 3,882 people who survived heart attacks."

To get the statistics right, you need to study a population of pot smokers and the proportion of heart attack in that population. Not a population of people having heart attack, and the proportion of pot smoker in it.

The next papers refer to that same study, and to another study where the statistics is done in the correct direction, but with too little samples.

Doing roller costers, or many sorts of sport, might still be much dangerous for the heart than smoking pot, taking the number they give.
Bruno24

Brussels, Belgium

#13136 Nov 18, 2012
Mr Anderson wrote:
<quoted text>
fortunately, the growers and social conservatives united to defeat it....
it was a poorly wriiten law .....the gay community in the bay and else where voted against it too....
as it imposed draconian penalties on those over 21 caught smoking with someone 18 plus....who, at the present time, only have to pay a ticket if they get caught with less than an OZ.
in other words it was reversing basic decriminalization here in the state, which has been in effect since 1975.
and decriminalization was expanded on(by the govenator himself) in 2010, just as prop 19 was being voted down.
now it is a ticket(misdemeanor) of 100$, no court appearance needed.
You are right. 19 was badly written. Is there another proposition in line? It is time you legalize it too Californians, it is about time to move.
As an European I would not fight against laws protecting the little enterprises against big monopolies, as it eventually suits better the consumers, and guarantied much genuine choices in the products. And it gives job, and makes merchandising more human.

But letting MJ illegal can only benefit to the drug barons and the criminals, and nobody win anything, except the bandits for a short time, before they get killed, with their family, by other bandits.
Bruno24

Brussels, Belgium

#13137 Nov 18, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
http://www.webmd.com/baby/news /20030325/marijuana-may-harm-f etus
Smoking Marijuana While Pregnant May Harm Baby's Brain
Not enough information in the abstract to be able to judge it. If that is confirmed, of course people have to be informed.

I can even imagine some precaution taken, and I can imagine the caution made clear by the honest sellers of marijuana (the criminals will sell it without caution to anyone, in case prohibition persists, of course).

Covina, CA

#13138 Nov 18, 2012
California Assembly Bill 2286 makes it a crime not to report.
Arnold

Barstow, CA

#13139 Nov 18, 2012
When is the Arnold is driving to Hemet, California?
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#13140 Nov 18, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not enough information in the abstract to be able to judge it. If that is confirmed, of course people have to be informed.
I can even imagine some precaution taken, and I can imagine the caution made clear by the honest sellers of marijuana (the criminals will sell it without caution to anyone, in case prohibition persists, of course).
The criminals will sell it no matter if it's legal or not.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13141 Nov 18, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting point, but
riccardo only sees things in black and white.....sorry. bruno.

we have this retarded class of people influencing our political process called tea-baggers...

they think the founding fathers of our country somehow had similar veiws as they do....

they only want to get into government to destroy it.
Mr Anderson

Anderson, CA

#13142 Nov 18, 2012
Bruno?? the only party you might recognize that they resemble is the Nazi party.
Bruno24

Brussels, Belgium

#13143 Nov 19, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The criminals will sell it no matter if it's legal or not.
When alcohol prohibition ended, the criminals stopped to sell it. Of course the newt prohibition of drugs did create new job for them, but once this comedy will turned of, many criminals will become "honest vendors", and some will presumably resume usual crimes perhaps, but our children will no more be pushed in that criminality, and the drug "problem" will become again what it has always been: an incidental health problem, quite easy to cure with some other so-called drug. And then the cops will have again time and resources to fight the real violent crimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 69,951
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Fri savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at October 20 at 5:34AM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]