Jerry Brown Meg Whitman Election Results: Whitman Concedes

Nov 3, 2010 Full story: LA Weekly 1,031

Meg Whitman just gave a concession speech over in Universal City. Her supporters booed in dismay when she said she had called "Governor-Elect Brown" to wish him well.

Full Story
Anon

San Ramon, CA

#22 Nov 3, 2010
listener wrote:
yeah it's welfare that's making us all destitute, not war entitlements and secret pentagon budgets, no bid contracts and the govt.'s refusal to negotiate with prescription drug companies for lower prices/group discounts (see medicare pt. D thanks to W)
left say...rich people getting richer is making us poor (check the inadequately taxed earnings of the top two per cent over the past few years)(or check out the record profits of oil companies, but hey,they worked hard so they earned it right! Like Paris Hilton right!
right say...poor people making us poorer!
why don't we just take away social security, give it to the wall street criminals like they gave them all that 401K money.. let people who've worked their asses off paying into SS just rot and die in the street! they must not have worked hard enough like the paris hilton class you FOOLS want not to tax "because rich people earned it."
ha, ha. just blame the poor people so Paris can live in her choice of mansions until she's a spoiled, yucky old hag flattering herself that her charity balls are making a difference.
right is wrong.
In CA what's making us poor is supporting millions of wetbacks and their anchor babies (costs us $12-15B a year, which is the lions share of the $19B deficit). The rest of it is from the greedy public employees unions , mostly cops and firefighters but also a lot of overpaid pencil pushers.

And despite being smeared with the same brush, teachers, who actually could provide the children of legal citizens with some valuable educational benefit if they weren't crippled by so many illegals and anchor babies cluttering up their classrooms, are not as responsible for this mess - they don't make enough. A cop or firefighter can easily make 3 times what the average teacher is paid in this state, hence 3 times the damage. Plus teachers don't retire out at 50 years old with gold plated pensions like the cops and FFs do.
Anon

San Ramon, CA

#23 Nov 3, 2010
carly meg commies wrote:
carly and meg are commies not capitalist. they exported jobs for slave wages
those 2 cu**t got exactly what they deserve: their butts lost and got punked
If you don't like what the corporations did using their government license, who should you be mad at?

Maybe try to recognize that the corporation is a creation of the government.

Capitalism, on the other hand, is an instinctual habit of living things - its biological. All living things seek to profit from their environment; its the basis of Life.
Another View

Torrance, CA

#24 Nov 3, 2010
Is there a swap meet somewhere where I can buy some Meg memorabilia? It's not often that so much money is spent on such a worthless cause. But then the lust for power breeds piggery. Oink! Oink!
So Right

Irvine, CA

#25 Nov 3, 2010
California voters are completely brain dead. They elected Jerry Brown, Barbara Boxer, and passed Proposition 25 so the liberal legislature can raise taxes and grant amnesty.

These Democratic zombies even voted a dead person into office. No kidding!

http://www.aolnews.com/elections/article/dece...

“A Democratic state senator who died last month was easily re-elected in California, denying the GOP the seat and probably forcing the governor to call a special election.

Sen. Jenny Oropeza was leading Republican challenger John Stammreich 58.4 percent to 35.7 percent, according to the latest vote count.”

Californians are so brain dead they vote Democrats into office even after they are dead! I’m sure after Boxer dies, they’ll just keep voting her into office!
Just Saying

Pomona, CA

#26 Nov 4, 2010
Transparency wrote:
Meg help us at UC Berkeley: investigate the leadership of Cal. UC Berkeley’s Leadership Crisis
Chancellor Robert Birgeneau’s eight-year fiscal track record is dismal indeed. He would like to blame the politicians in Sacramento, since they stopped giving him every dollar he has asked for, and the state legislators do share some responsibility for the financial crisis. But not in the sense he means.
A competent chancellor would have been on top of identifying inefficiencies in the system and then crafting a plan to fix them. Competent oversight by the Board of Regents and the legislature would have required him to provide data on problems and on what steps he was taking to solve them. Instead, every year Birgeneau would request a budget increase, the regents would agree to it, and the legislature would provide. The hard questions were avoided by all concerned, and the problems just piled up to $150 million of inefficiencies….until there was no money left.
It’s not that Birgeneau was unaware that there were, in fact, waste and inefficiencies in the system. Faculty and staff have raised issues with senior management, but when they failed to see relevant action taken, they stopped. Finally, Birgeneau engaged some expensive ($3 million) consultants, Bain & Company, to tell him what he should have been able to find out from the bright, engaged people in his own organization.
In short, there is plenty of blame to go around. But you never want a serious crisis to go to waste. An opportunity now exists for the UC president, Board of Regents, and California legislators to jolt UC Berkeley back to life, applying some simple check-and-balance management principles. Increasing the budget is not enough; transforming senior management is necessary. The faculty, Academic Senate, Cal. Alumni, financial donators, benefactors and await the transformation.
The author, who has 35 years’ consulting experience, has taught at University of California Berkeley, where he was able to observe the culture and the way the senior management operates.
The main reason for this fiasco is that UC Berkeley's DNA is DEMOCRATIC through and through. Why are you surprised? What, no money? Let's borrow, let's get bailed out, let's just overspend.
U.C. is a fertile growing mat for the liberalism that will completely choke this state with higher taxes, specially now that Unions helped legislators pass the simple majority rule to pass their annual budgets ...brace yourselves, it's going to get really ugly on you pocketbooks. Voters ...you were specially ignorant in these elections.
cukoo lulu

United States

#27 Nov 4, 2010
lulu is nuts facto
LuLu Ford wrote:
... nothing but a bunch of snivelers.
Go call your snivel radio tomorrow. You will have plenty of empty headed drivel to discuss I'm sure.

Cary, NC

#28 Nov 4, 2010
Were most of the millions spent in Calif?
hmmmm

Utica, NY

#29 Nov 4, 2010
2010 Aftermath wrote:
What now?
hmm...... i dunno
TedslLiver

Milpitas, CA

#30 Nov 4, 2010
The old pot smoking hippie idiot is back! What does this mean. Union special interests will continue to bankrupt the state. Businesses that provide jobs will leave the state because of high taxes. The hippie entitlement crowd from the 60's will want more benefits. Illegals will get a free pass. Those promised green jobs will go to China. Criminals will have it good because a worthless AG is now governor. California's voters are idiots for putting this guy In office. The silver lining is that Brown is so old, he may pass away in office. Then again we would get Gavin Nuisance who ran SF into the ground.
Think

Santa Fe, NM

#31 Nov 4, 2010
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
Meg and Carly just wasted a couple hundred million bucks learning what America has always known:
California is Liberal.
Go cry to Mama Grizzly and her red-state rednecks. Boo hoo.
of what real good could have been done with that kind of money!

We had some bonehead posting that hers was a "grassroots campaign" for "fiscal responsibility" LOL
Liberalism

Santa Fe, NM

#32 Nov 4, 2010
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>

is a good thing - know the meaning of words before you post.
Jerry Brown

Oakland, CA

#33 Nov 4, 2010
Let me say this. Wa wa goo goo poo poo googa. I'm back! Now pay up dumb dumb!
Ha Ha

Eureka, CA

#34 Nov 4, 2010
$70 Million Wasted Dollars , Just Another F-INg LIAR Politician P.O.S! I hope your done with politics forever, Go back to NoN Voting Worthless Life . What a FING waste of space this "person" is . Go back to blowing your money down the drain . LOSER!
Proud2BaMommaGri zzly

Livermore, CA

#35 Nov 4, 2010
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
Meg and Carly just wasted a couple hundred million bucks learning what America has always known:
California is Liberal.
Go cry to Mama Grizzly and her red-state rednecks. Boo hoo.
Yes, California is liberal - maybe more accepting of others differences than other areas are which might be a better use of the term "liberal" than the definition many see = "MO FREE SHIT".

The USA is a CAPITALIST country. The only limits to our gaining wealth are ourselves. The damn democrats bitch and moan that we need to spread the wealth around because they are too damn lazy to WORK and take financial responsibility for themselves.

Rich people pay taxes in amounts much greater than the average person earns annually. The government can't keep taking away from those who 'have'[and work for it] to spread it around to a bunch of lazy jerk offs. People have to have an incentive... if the the situation doesn't change quickly, everyone is going to want to stay home on the couch all day waiting for the gov't issued check to arrive. Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no money tree.

CA is too full of low life blood sucking morons who like "Free shit". They have tipped the scales and certainly will vote in the demo's who serve the 'redistribution of wealth' chain.

People better start getting pissed off and let those in charge know that enough is enough. Deport illegals, modify the disability and welfare systems and start giving the hard working people a friggin break instead of taxing the shit out of us all around.

“I like mexican food a LOT”

Since: Dec 08

Various Cities in Marin County

#36 Nov 4, 2010
So what does this mean for ME? Hmmm, i'm thinking quit my job and apply for a nice government job. Maybe with the new SMART train coming to Marin and Sonoma county, I can get a job doing some sort of managing that will take about 5 hours a day of my time, pay me $80k, allow my military time to be counted towards retirement, and retire after 15 years at 80%? Do you know if I can still collect Social Security, having paid into it for 20+ years?
TedslLiver wrote:
The old pot smoking hippie idiot is back! What does this mean. Union special interests will continue to bankrupt the state. Businesses that provide jobs will leave the state because of high taxes. The hippie entitlement crowd from the 60's will want more benefits. Illegals will get a free pass. Those promised green jobs will go to China. Criminals will have it good because a worthless AG is now governor. California's voters are idiots for putting this guy In office. The silver lining is that Brown is so old, he may pass away in office. Then again we would get Gavin Nuisance who ran SF into the ground.
Kaz

San Francisco, CA

#37 Nov 4, 2010
Well, the nation made good gains for the conservative cause, but what the hell happened to California? The California welfare system that will be perpetuated and enhanced by the progressive liberals in power, is bound to drive more businesses out of California, due to the inevitable increase in taxes to fuel the welfare machine. Eventually, the beneficiaries of the welfare state will have to disperse to seek welfare elsewhere when California runs out of money by loosing its tax base. Bailing California out can only extend the problem further. California needs to be allowed to go bankrupt. Things need to hit rock bottom before recovery can occur.

That's all for my pontificating for today.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#38 Nov 4, 2010
cukoo lulu wrote:
lulu is nuts facto
<quoted text>
Go talk to your tea bags.

... nutziod!

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#39 Nov 4, 2010
Kaz wrote:
Well, the nation made good gains for the conservative cause, but what the hell happened to California? The California welfare system that will be perpetuated and enhanced by the progressive liberals in power, is bound to drive more businesses out of California, due to the inevitable increase in taxes to fuel the welfare machine. Eventually, the beneficiaries of the welfare state will have to disperse to seek welfare elsewhere when California runs out of money by loosing its tax base. Bailing California out can only extend the problem further. California needs to be allowed to go bankrupt. Things need to hit rock bottom before recovery can occur.
That's all for my pontificating for today.
President Obama took office with two stalemated wars and a stalled economy. Yet, while the new president buckled down to solve these catastrophic challenges, the GOP embraced a simple four word mantra: "I hope Obama fails." Two years later, unemployment remains tragically high, the President's signature accomplishment is widely misunderstood by voters, and Republicans rode a wave of discontent back into power. Simply put, this did not happen by accident; it was part of a concerted strategy to undermine the President's agenda and blame him for its failure.

See you in the soup line!
CORONA

AOL

#41 Nov 4, 2010
dont LIKE MEG OR JERRY.HE HAS BEEN HERE BEFORE.WE WANTED TO BOOT HIM OUT THEN.TO ALL YOU WHO VOTED FOR HIM.BAD CALL .HE WILL TAX US MORE .AND SPEND MORE MONEY.CA.DONT OWN CA.WHEN OTHER CALL IN OUR PAYMENT.ITS OVER.AND YOU PUT THIS OLD FRIT BACK IN.GOOD CALL.NOW SEE WERE IT GO'S.TO THE RICH NOT THE Poor.JUST LIKE BEFORE.PEOPLE god GAVE YOU A BRAIN WHAT DID YOU DO WITH IT.I AM GOING TO BE SICK.GOOD LUCK.
Dr Robert Branson

Roseville, CA

#42 Nov 4, 2010
CORONA wrote:
dont LIKE MEG OR JERRY.HE HAS BEEN HERE BEFORE.WE WANTED TO BOOT HIM OUT THEN.TO ALL YOU WHO VOTED FOR HIM.BAD CALL .HE WILL TAX US MORE .AND SPEND MORE MONEY.CA.DONT OWN CA.WHEN OTHER CALL IN OUR PAYMENT.ITS OVER.AND YOU PUT THIS OLD FRIT BACK IN.GOOD CALL.NOW SEE WERE IT GO'S.TO THE RICH NOT THE Poor.JUST LIKE BEFORE.PEOPLE god GAVE YOU A BRAIN WHAT DID YOU DO WITH IT.I AM GOING TO BE SICK.GOOD LUCK.
Holy Shit! Is this the best our education system can do nowadays! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Next time 200,990
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Frijoles 69,428
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 14 hr ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 20 hr Flaggstaff 5,083
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sun fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sun theos 2,276
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep 19 Mia 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE