California seeks to ban free, single-...

California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

There are 5135 comments on the Chain Store Age story from Jun 5, 2010, titled California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail. In it, Chain Store Age reports that:

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chain Store Age.

Gojira

Honolulu, HI

#5594 Jun 23, 2014
Huh?...
what was that?
Another from Hemet. YAY!
The Goo Fighter

Honolulu, HI

#5595 Jun 23, 2014
you people are crazy wrote:
holy cow pies a lot of you people on this forum are certified loony.
Did you see the Goo Fighter?

One of these flew in the Hemet air show last August
H flyers

Covina, CA

#5596 Jun 23, 2014
Goo Finger hasn't a chance, with new tiddy wipes for babies and helmet flyers.
The Goo Fighter

Honolulu, HI

#5598 Jun 23, 2014
I invented the tiddy wipe. That's what they use on the outside of the p-38 to keep that mirror finish.
The Goo Fighter

Honolulu, HI

#5599 Jun 23, 2014
sometimes it dubl posts on a single click- no worries they'll fix it.
Knarlyie

Covina, CA

#5600 Jun 23, 2014
Plastic bags are good for putting Goo Fingers in.
whos first

Covina, CA

#5603 Jun 23, 2014
You ban yours then I'll ban mine
Oh Please

Beverly, MA

#5604 Jun 24, 2014
you people are crazy wrote:
holy cow pies a lot of you people on this forum are certified loony.
You are just now figuring that out? Maybe you are just as crazy, you passed through crazy anyway. Was it fun?
Opie

Covina, CA

#5605 Jun 24, 2014
Opie is down at the lake fishing with Andy.
Aunt Bea

San Francisco, CA

#5607 Jun 24, 2014
Opie wrote:
Opie is down at the lake fishing with Andy.
And it's a good thing Barney went with them! Thelma Lou and I split a bottle of cooking cherry and she showed me her wild side. I've been humming ever since.
Aunt Bea

San Francisco, CA

#5608 Jun 24, 2014
That's sherry, not cherry. I must still be a bit tipsy. [giggle]
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#5610 Jun 24, 2014
Opie, you pinhead, I have bad news. Better sit down. No, don't stand on your head in the corner. Sit on your corn-hole, not your pie-hole. OK, do whatever you want. The news is... Andy be's DEAD.
Suduo

Covina, CA

#5611 Jun 25, 2014
Private Peepers aka; sgt pepper, sound phony to me too!
denise

Stockton, CA

#5612 Jun 25, 2014
You know this is a topic that angers most of us. I think we already pay for the use of these bags when we shop at stores. Stores are constantly raising the prices of products to cover for the expenses they occur in their businesses. Most people recycle using the recycle bins that we pay for in our cities. This bothers me because not only are we charged for using the recycle bin each month but we are not given any discounts or discount pricing for using the recycle bins and we most definitely are charged a fee when items are purchased because their is the assumption that we will redeem them for the recycle value. This means that more money is going to come out of our pockets as a result of this law and what will this law change.........nothing!
chippie

San Francisco, CA

#5613 Jun 25, 2014
Aunt Bea wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's a good thing Barney went with them! Thelma Lou and I split a bottle of cooking cherry and she showed me her wild side. I've been humming ever since.
Is her wild side that side that was left out in the sun? Like the peach and karsavina crack?
Aunt Bea

San Francisco, CA

#5614 Jun 25, 2014
Nothing quite so exotic for Thelma Lou I'm afraid. But I'll have it check with her crack dealer.
Aunt Bea

San Francisco, CA

#5615 Jun 25, 2014
Of course I mean "to" check. She gets me so flustered. I nearly burnt last night's peach pie.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#5616 Jun 25, 2014
denise wrote:
You know this is a topic that angers most of us. I think we already pay for the use of these bags when we shop at stores. Stores are constantly raising the prices of products to cover for the expenses they occur in their businesses. Most people recycle using the recycle bins that we pay for in our cities. This bothers me because not only are we charged for using the recycle bin each month but we are not given any discounts or discount pricing for using the recycle bins and we most definitely are charged a fee when items are purchased because their is the assumption that we will redeem them for the recycle value. This means that more money is going to come out of our pockets as a result of this law and what will this law change.........nothing!
denise.

You are right.

Ronald
Mt Pilot

Covina, CA

#5617 Jun 25, 2014
Opie is down at the lake fishing with Andy and could care less about some pin heads from M Pilot have to say!
Sgt Peppers

Gardnerville, NV

#5618 Jun 25, 2014
The only way Opie is fishing with Andy is if the little pin-head went to Mt. Ivy, NC and robbed the grave. Propping a corpse up against a tree is a serious crime. Don't say I didn't warn you, Dik-Head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles (Sep '14) 30 min Christie Taylor 7
Is dr Carl Bergstrom out of prison Nov 19 jesidy 3
public storage delrey oaks Nov 19 jesidy 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 13 Randy r 1,556
News cold, economy drive more homeless to seek help (Dec '08) Nov 12 Kenny Nichols 5
News Firms say store draws prostitution (Aug '06) Oct '17 Drumputzer 18
Genetic conflict eminent for the U.S. Oct '17 genetic conflict 1

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages