California seeks to ban free, single-...

California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

There are 5132 comments on the Chain Store Age story from Jun 5, 2010, titled California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail. In it, Chain Store Age reports that:

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chain Store Age.

Stans spamed

Sierra Madre, CA

#5288 Mar 8, 2014
Stan the stain or is spam?
Mono Pca

Sierra Madre, CA

#5291 Mar 8, 2014
Make sure you use the right sized Band-Aid to tape your mouth shut tonto mono porche culo.

I recognize this jerk poster, tonto mono porche culo, Pittsburg, CA.
UFOs

Sierra Madre, CA

#5293 Mar 9, 2014
There UFO's flying in a posting on this topix.
Pittsburg is a toilet

San Francisco, CA

#5294 Mar 10, 2014
[QUOTE spam [/QUOTE]

And urine idiot.
Shipping

Sierra Madre, CA

#5295 Mar 10, 2014
Why carry it, just box it and ship it home.
Old Hippie

London, UK

#5296 Mar 11, 2014
David wrote:
Social engineering strikes again. What a waste of time and effort. And the authors of this legislation probably think they are saving the world ... How about solving the real issues?
David,
Wake ups and smell the roses.
Oh sorry you cannot, your soil is corrupted by plastic which you are too lazy, stubborn and set in your ways to recycle!
of once the legistators are gettting something right; al right it is small. let us be grateful.
Three B mice

Sierra Madre, CA

#5297 Mar 11, 2014
So the old three B mice, keep posting their BeeSss from the UK today.

“Vote YES on NO”

Since: Aug 11

CHULA VISTA

#5298 Mar 11, 2014
My cousin was a hemophiliac and was recently wounded by a poke from a pencil my senile grandmother stabbed him with. He went to the doctor and previous to the visit, he had not known he was a hemophiliac because, strangely enough, he had never been punctured or cut before. He cleans and puts a band-aid on his wound and sends him on his way. After a few minutes of leaving the doctors office, he notices blood spewing out from the band-aid. He went back in and he replaced the band-aid with another, stuffed some cotton underneath and sent h on his way. An hour later the blood spewed from beneath the cotton and band-aid, so he went back again and this time, he put more cotton, a bigger band aid and wrapped his arm with electrical tape. After a day, the blood, again, started leaking out from beneath the electrical tape. Again, back to the quack doctor. This time he poured an adhesive for skin onto his wound, cottoned, bandaged and taped his arm and it took a month before the blood made its way through the tape. My God... after months and months back and forth to this idiot doctor, my cousin appeared at my house. I was mesmerized by the gargantuan mass of electrical tape wrapped around my cousin's arm! Maybe as wide as a compact car tire... A little trickle of blood dripping from the bottom of it. My cousin died from hemophilia.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#5299 Mar 11, 2014
As vivid as the gas flares in the Texas sky at night, however, is America’s new-found love affair with fracking. Environmentalists warn loudly of water contamination disasters and some home owners speak of being rattled by man-made earthquakes, but there is no giving it up now. It’s a whole different world to 2008, when US oil production was at a historical low and Sarah Palin was drawing liberal ire declaring that “Drill, Baby Drill!” was the answer to all of America’s problems. Suddenly she seems to have been right.
http://www.topix.com/forum/sf/TI8S1GKB3FNNUEE...
Can ban

Sierra Madre, CA

#5300 Mar 11, 2014
You can ban anything you want.

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#5301 Mar 11, 2014
Cloth Bags REUSEABLE ..Way to Go!!
Apple seed

Sierra Madre, CA

#5302 Mar 11, 2014
Then plant a tree or trees.

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#5303 Mar 12, 2014
Instead of Using PLASTIC or PAPER.. USE Boxes that the FOOD comes In or the Non-Food Boxes.

WORKED as far back as the '20's...
Nonsense

Tulare, CA

#5304 Mar 14, 2014
Michaela Mihailova wrote:
The banning of single use paper bags from being given out for free is a definitely a step in the right direction. Plastic bags are given out too freely now, with cashiers putting every thing in a bag, even single items like an apple or a banana. Given that it is assumed that most people use over 130 bags each year, it is essential that everyone starts making changes to be more environmentally conscious. The majority of the plastic bags used are not even recycled and instead sent to landfills, or worse, they wind up on beaches, roads, and sidewalks. Not to mention the thousands of blastic bags flouting in the ocean and consequentially effecting marine life.
This new law is going is the first step in making California and plastic-bag-free state.
how can u change the world or the environment when you can't even spell or put a simple sentence together ??
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#5305 Mar 14, 2014
Ever since the dysfunctional elderly 60s 70s generation *(druggies)**(now in power)* arrived on the scene, they have promoted the absurd notion that the world has reached its greatest potential for advancement. Meanwhile, scientists in less superstitious, but more entrepreneurial, cultures have been busy creating the future.

One such innovation is to recycle plastic grocery bags and other plastic material as sources for fuel.*(oil is used to produce these convenient socially beneficial items.)*

Because the sex centered centered 60s 70s generation refused to abide with any norms of civilized society, Big Government - of necessity - decided to socialize them so that they would become effete dependencies of Big Government.

One example of the outcome of this social control experiment is that elderly 60s 70s era dependencies often complain that plastic grocery bags are blown by the wind throughout their neighborhoods. They endlessly complain that they are powerless to do anything about it. By contrast, the more self-sufficient pre-60s 70s era generation merely picked those bags up and deposited them in the trash bin. This is a powerful argument against the idea that society is on an upward path of lineal progression to a higher state.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/loa4o63

Ronald
Wendy

Pittsburgh, PA

#5307 Mar 23, 2014
Wow.

I hope you and your source feel better now that you have released so much hot air.
jarhead

Danville, KY

#5308 Mar 23, 2014
Nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>how can u change the world or the environment when you can't even spell or put a simple sentence together ??
ppl like you is the reason we are in these suatit ion does that help you to cut the other ppl down like you smart ass bastard go f??k yourself .
Zip lock

Sierra Madre, CA

#5309 Mar 23, 2014
Didn't your zip lock work the first time?
MMoA

Sierra Madre, CA

#5311 Mar 24, 2014
The manure movers of America have opened a new chapter on this topic and site.

Just who are the MMoA?
Bruce

Mount Holly, NJ

#5312 Mar 27, 2014
Michaela Mihailova wrote:
The banning of single use paper bags from being given out for free is a definitely a step in the right direction. Plastic bags are given out too freely now, with cashiers putting every thing in a bag, even single items like an apple or a banana. Given that it is assumed that most people use over 130 bags each year, it is essential that everyone starts making changes to be more environmentally conscious. The majority of the plastic bags used are not even recycled and instead sent to landfills, or worse, they wind up on beaches, roads, and sidewalks. Not to mention the thousands of blastic bags flouting in the ocean and consequentially effecting marine life.
This new law is going is the first step in making California and plastic-bag-free state.
You are right plastic and paper bags are as dangerous as guns. They should all be banned, just ask Leland lee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) 23 hr ChaCha 17
drugs Jun 28 jacobjarrard76 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Jun 28 jacobjarrard76 12
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Jun 19 Dalton 1,538
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a Jun 16 Monterey delivery 1
Migraine help Jun 13 Jaybarn 1
public officials violating federal laws Jun 5 Time for accounta... 4
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE