California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
4,021 - 4,040 of 5,007 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
PickOpeet

Covina, CA

#4702 May 21, 2013
Another non talking point washed out.
time

Santa Ana, CA

#4704 May 25, 2013
what
plastic barbie

Dinuba, CA

#4705 May 25, 2013
Cut a tree down
Rose

Dinuba, CA

#4706 May 25, 2013
So what, who cares
StandUpers

Covina, CA

#4707 May 25, 2013
GOV. Janet Brewer Follows Through on Threat to Veto Bills Until She Gets Her Way.

Arizona governor says she won't sign any bills until legislature passes budget with Medicaid expansion.

She is standing with Obama Care, I stand corrected she must have some smarts after all.

“100% human hair extensions”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4708 May 27, 2013
So what are they going to do now? Start charging for bags? I buy lots of food. I don't have time to be lugging bags around with me or remembering to bring bags with me every time I go somewhere. Furthermore, why would I want to pay extra for bags at the supermarket or anywhere? Its a business expense for the business that they can write off. On top of that, whoever produces those bags, are now out of a business and job for their employees.

Just my 2cents. Hope I don't need to use the 2 cents on the bags.
Walt

Covina, CA

#4709 May 27, 2013
Walt Whitman was historically a flat out racist.

He has called African Americans 'baboons' and was for oppressing voting rights for them and women.

This type of attitude is evident in many certain city council members of Glendora and West Covina, California.
DIT is only

Covina, CA

#4712 May 28, 2013
Do it then.
Amber

Barstow, CA

#4715 Jun 1, 2013
When is the Amber is driving to Grand Terrace, California or Riverside?
Diane

Barstow, CA

#4716 Jun 1, 2013
When is the Diane is driving to Long Beach, California?
grimsley

Riverside, CA

#4717 Jun 1, 2013
tired wrote:
Why dont retailers use biodegradeable bags?
that would be the paper bags....
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4718 Jun 1, 2013
grimsley wrote:
<quoted text> that would be the paper bags....
grimsley.

Actually, no. In order for Government controlled paper bag manufacturers to produce a paper bag, a tree must be cut down. According to the latest Government "junk science" findings, every tree cut down results in a lessened ability of the earth to remove carbon from the atmosphere.

Easily degradable plastic grocery bag technology has been known for decades in more technology advanced nations. There are thousands of source producers of components needed to manufacture such bags.

The same trendy radical element who now advocate placing Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment taxes on harassed food eaters in Long Beach and other radical controlled cities previously said one should ask check out grocery clerks to provide him with convenient plastic grocery bags when the clerk gave them the choice between paper and plastic. The reason, they said, was because the use of plastic bags would save our friends, the trees.

Since the radical revolutionary element took control of Government and expensive taxpayer funded academia, they have worked to "dumb-down" expensive Government schools to the lowest common denominator.*(so to speak)* The result is that post-revolution America no longer has the intellectual capacity that is necessary to produce "fish saving" easily degradable grocery bags.

There are thousands of manufacturers of components needed to produce easily degradable grocery bags in more technologically advanced nations. Here is a link to only one that is located in China. Besides saving our friends, the trees, our friends, the fish, love eating these corn based "Lowenthal harassment tax-free" grocery bags.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/ck5qywu

Ronald
CCBC inc

Covina, CA

#4719 Jun 1, 2013
Cable car brew is on sale or it was, all gone now.
Sherry

Barstow, CA

#4720 Jun 1, 2013
When is the Sherry is driving to Yucaipa, California?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4721 Jun 2, 2013
CCBC inc wrote:
Cable car brew is on sale or it was, all gone now.
CCBC inc.

Yes. I agree. No better example could possibly be found that more better illustrates the folly of "dumbing down" our expensive taxpayer funded dysfunctional Government schools. Have you ever considered signing up for a Government course in beginning English composition at your local Government school for adults when you are sober?

Ronald
GettaGoes

Covina, CA

#4722 Jun 2, 2013
Ah go play with yourselves, the fockers are looking for you.
ano

United States

#4724 Jun 2, 2013
And you people are the ones who started the commercial drivers license too??? To hades with you and the fmcsa
GettaGoes

Covina, CA

#4725 Jun 3, 2013
This topic and posters are just the tip of the whole toilet bowl of trash talkers from focker land.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4726 Jun 4, 2013
The children often come to me - tears streaming down their rosy colored little cheeks - complaining that revolutionary Council would not permit Walmart to build a super store in the city that would have allowed Walmart to sell healthy fruits and vegetables to their hard working parents at prices they could afford.

I always pat the little fellows lightly on the head, while at the same time reminding them that revolutionary Council also forces hard working parents to stand the cost of providing their own grocery bags - an action that increases "the bottom line" of their high priced "Council protected" unionized Big Food pals.

I always tell the kiddies to cheer up. Both Amazon and Walmart plan home delivery of competitively priced groceries. This will not only obviate the need to provide trendy heavily taxed reusable grocery bags, but it will be an end-run around revolutionary Council protectionism for the benefit of their greedy high priced unionized Big Food campaign donor pals as well.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/mt6yxjj

Ronald
Spuds

Covina, CA

#4727 Jun 4, 2013
Deadline Looms for Suspect to Decrypt 15 hard drives from a Laptop, or Go Directly to Jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 68,997
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Soaked good 200,593
clint the flint 7 hr ubietron 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 11 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search