California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 Full story: Chain Store Age 5,117

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Full Story
jesse

Whittier, CA

#4015 Sep 27, 2012
talk about pollution the government pollute more then the world???
Charles

Gloucester, MA

#4016 Sep 28, 2012
Yes on the ban.
Ray

United States

#4017 Sep 28, 2012
Tea Party blew this election. Obama doesn't need to do anything but wait for Mitt to make more gaffes. Foot and mouth disease.
Stems an Seeds

Covina, CA

#4018 Sep 28, 2012
This isn't the same 'cool ray' from cell block 6 is it?
Rhonda

Barstow, CA

#4021 Sep 30, 2012
When is the Rhonda is driving to Inglewood, California near West Athens?
Swta

Azusa, CA

#4022 Sep 30, 2012
Many have asked why do we do this to ourselves?

Because we are Republicans / Tea Party Nation member/s and we don't a more than one brain cell between a bakers dozen or so of us member's.
Rhonda

Barstow, CA

#4023 Sep 30, 2012
Coming to Inglewood, California.
Rhonda

Barstow, CA

#4024 Sep 30, 2012
Moving to Inglewood, California.
Swta

Azusa, CA

#4025 Sep 30, 2012
Many have asked why do we do this to ourselves?

Because we are Republicans and we don't a more than one brain cell between a bakers dozen or so member's.

We can't keep giving the same old answer's it's likely to get old. And news agencys would figure it out sooner or later.

But it's nice to try and fool them anyway.

Too much soap washes away the cover stories.
Nicole

Barstow, CA

#4026 Oct 7, 2012
When is the Nicole is catching the Metrolink Train 369 is departing San Bernardino at 3:35pm headed to Los Angeles Union Station of the Metrolink San Bernardino Line to buying a One-Way Metrolink Ticket cost will be $12.50 from SB-LAUS and also Nicole is take a transfer to catch the Metro Red Line to North Hollywood to the Nicole Boyfriend's House in North Hollywood?
Diedre

Chino, CA

#4027 Oct 7, 2012
We need to vote this year. Too many proposition that are ruining California. I sense martial law is coming.
FitterREPUBLICAN

Monrovia, CA

#4028 Oct 7, 2012
President Obama will be visiting Los Angeles, California for star-studded fundraiser concert tonight Sunday, October 07, 2012.

The only republican you might see are the ones protesting or shouting nasty comments. But of course there are BAD ones like the Tea Party Nation member's, skinheads.
Frank Rizzo

Des Moines, IA

#4029 Oct 19, 2012
FitterREPUBLICAN wrote:
President Obama will be visiting Los Angeles, California for star-studded fundraiser concert tonight Sunday, October 07, 2012.
The only republican you might see are the ones protesting or shouting nasty comments. But of course there are BAD ones like the Tea Party Nation member's, skinheads.
And you got to kneel and service all of the participants?
Kochers

Monrovia, CA

#4031 Oct 20, 2012
A conservative, Iowa-based group connected to the Koch brothers has dumped more than $4 million into passing Prop 32.

That's the proposition that would hamstring labor unions in California and silence the voices of teachers, nurses and firefighters.

Another $11 million has been donated by a "shadowy Arizona nonprofit."
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4033 Oct 27, 2012
This is an update to the Long Beach "anti-taxpayer anti-consumer" Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax and the associated high price of gasoline as it pertains to the Chick-A-Fil boycott.
My Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and yes, even the Africans, give me high marks for the love I have for my Homosexual friends, the lesbians, and even the Africans.

Long Beach is a city with a large population of Homosexuals, lesbians, and Africans. The city is home to one of the most radical of the very expensive taxpayer funded university system. The city's activist ruling Council often engage in anti-consumer hostility that conforms along ideological revolutionary lines. Much of this activism is intended to eliminate competition within the Council controlled grocery trade for the benefit of Council's pals, the Big Union Bosses. The infamous Lowenthal grocery and goods bag harassment tax that has been imposed on the minority of Long Beachers who do not use taxpayer funded food stamps and EBT cards is just one example.

As one might expect, Long Beach is a hotbed of political activist efforts to boycott Chick-Fil-A. This, even though the city's growing number of Africans have several fried chicken chains to choose from.

My Homosexual friends, the lesbians and the Africans often ask me how are the efforts to boycott Chick-Fil-A working out? I refer them to one report published by the less politically correct foreign (non-US Government licensed) press:

"Business is booming at Chick-Fil-A as gay marriage controversy actually HELPS the fast-food chain."

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9xw8t5q

Source: http://tinyurl.com/95hk2qu

Source: http://tinyurl.com/9n3gdev

Source: http://tinyurl.com/6smw34v

Ronald
PullPits

Azusa, CA

#4034 Oct 27, 2012
I haven't seen a good PullPit machine in a long time?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4035 Oct 28, 2012
The Lowenthal gang led revolutionary Council to impose its despicable grocery and goods bag harassment tax on Long Beachers who do not use taxpayer funded food stamps and EBT cards.

Overtaxed and underrepresented "normal" Long Beachers have the chance of ridding themselves of the Lowenthal pestilence this election. Most Long Beach victims of the Lowenthal gang are decent NON-tobacco smokers of good-will.

Let's unite with decent ordinary hard working women and men who enjoy the simple worker ("middle") class pleasure of partaking in an occasional tobacco product. United in fraternal solidarity we can boot-out "Big Daddy" Lowenthal this election.

If not stopped, who will this gang of politically correct despotic tyrants attack next? Santa himself?

Source: http://tinyurl.com/8fkgue6

Ronald
She says

Azusa, CA

#4036 Oct 28, 2012
I never gave permission for any of this to be printed let alone reprinted.

So why on earth have you done this?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#4037 Oct 28, 2012
The overtaxed and underrepresented Long Beach minority who actually pay taxes are waiting to see whether "Big Daddy" Lowenthal will renounce his vested right to receive taxpayer guaranteed retirement benefits from the taxpayer funded State university as well as whether he will renounce any right to accrued taxpayer provided retirement benefits he accrued while acting in the capacity of Long Beach politician representative to the free-spending out-of-control California State legislature.

Ronald
My rules

Azusa, CA

#4038 Oct 28, 2012
Nothing better than painting over another more than one bad post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,012
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web