Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,173

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#230636 May 15, 2014
Miroslav Misch wrote:
Hello,
The fellow/lady what has said that God demands we do something is sure better than me. I have prayed forever and nothing ever worked, so God never heard my prayers. That said, I am willing to go along with your party's claims of God Given Gifts and special audience. I am too old and ugly to worry about getting any kind of married so I support your contention thatALL marriage should be banned, to show the liberals where we are coming from. This sounds like the kind of stuff that would come down from that God who has deserted me in my hours of pain and ignored mys cries and screams. The heck with all of you, if that is what the Party says he means. I want to keep my social security, however, and I need to have assurances that when you begin the deportations we can each report a personally hated suspected buggerist, or two. I am with you and will now register to vote as the Party says. Bless the Teaparty for taking me in.
Wait.... you actually BELIEVE the Tea Party?

ahhahahaah
hahahahahahaha
ahhahahaha
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#230637 May 15, 2014
Camper wrote:
It was a queer judge! Would one expect any different?? He sure has a life of Hell/bad luck coming his way. God don't fool with people in power abusing the laws. I blame the justice system for allowing just one (so called man) for being able to over turn a final law so serious anyway
You may want to revisit that civics class you obviously slept through. It seems you have some incorrect ideas about how our government works.

And the fact that the judge is queer is completely irrelevant. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with his ability to do his job.

SCOTUS allowed his decision to stand. That is the end of the story. Whine all you want.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#230638 May 15, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to revisit that civics class you obviously slept through. It seems you have some incorrect ideas about how our government works.
And the fact that the judge is queer is completely irrelevant. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with his ability to do his job.
SCOTUS allowed his decision to stand. That is the end of the story. Whine all you want.
Do you really think he or she attended any classes?
Pigs listed

Sierra Madre, CA

#230639 May 15, 2014
You can read the 2014 Congressional Pig Book Summary online; search our database of all 109 projects; Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), and Ted Cruz (R-Texas); and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio).

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) announced in the wake of the Pig Book’s release that the House would not return to that “nonsense” under his leadership.

“HOLD FAST”

Since: Sep 12

I YAM WHAT I YAM

#230640 May 15, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of Hooey!
Hooey to say the least that guy gal is full of sheeit (pardon my french) Hey girl lets party

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#230641 May 15, 2014
HOLME wrote:
<quoted text>Hooey to say the least that guy gal is full of sheeit (pardon my french) Hey girl lets party
:)
Pigs Listed

Sierra Madre, CA

#230642 May 15, 2014
Calling all Republicans and Tea Party member's.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#230643 May 17, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Really, blaming it on a video when they knew it had nothing to do with it was not a cover up?
Right, there were riots in several other countries over the video, but that couldn't have been possible in this one country?

Idiot.
Local

Lakeport, CA

#230644 May 17, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, there were riots in several other countries over the video, but that couldn't have been possible in this one country?
Idiot.
You are either naive or just plain dumb....which one is it?
a "moron" choice should be added to the judging choices. Nuts, clueless, and spam, doesn't seem to adequately cover your ditto head liberal opinion..
Lissted

Sierra Madre, CA

#230645 May 17, 2014
Calling all Republicans, GOP and Tea Party member's.
Fortuunes

Sierra Madre, CA

#230646 May 17, 2014
#230645 Calling all Republicans, GOP and Tea Party member's.

“HOLD FAST”

Since: Sep 12

I YAM WHAT I YAM

#230648 May 17, 2014
Fortuunes wrote:
#230645 Calling all Republicans, GOP and Tea Party member's.
Teaquila party sounds like a lot of fun.
Left hook

Fairfield, CA

#230649 May 17, 2014
Has this judge been fired yet?

Sacramento, CA

#230650 May 18, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
Even the side saying it was a video has been denying it was a video that caused it. Are you still stuck that it was a video? That is like being stuck on stupid. Benghazi was NOT about a Video, never was. Benghazi was a cover up that allowed obama to be elected. Benghazi cost the life of a great gay guy. Have some compassion.
A stiffy for U

Sierra Madre, CA

#230651 May 18, 2014
We are going to hire more judges t like him!
A stiffy for U

Sierra Madre, CA

#230652 May 18, 2014
We are going to hire more judges just like him!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#230653 May 18, 2014
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either naive or just plain dumb....which one is it?
a "moron" choice should be added to the judging choices. Nuts, clueless, and spam, doesn't seem to adequately cover your ditto head liberal opinion..
Just what I thought - no facts to back up your bullsh!t.

Next.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#230654 May 18, 2014
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Even the side saying it was a video has been denying it was a video that caused it. Are you still stuck that it was a video? That is like being stuck on stupid. Benghazi was NOT about a Video, never was. Benghazi was a cover up that allowed obama to be elected. Benghazi cost the life of a great gay guy. Have some compassion.
What I'm saying is that in the immediate aftermath, it was totally understandable to consider the video as a possibility, since the same video was causing similar reactions in several countries in the area. So don't act like it was so crazy that it was "over a video" like that video didn't spark riots in other nearby countries.

And you don't know what happened, so stop pretending you do.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#230655 May 18, 2014
btw, there must be a hundred Benghazi threads for all you lunatics who think it's an issue. Try sticking to the gay marriage issue. I know tea party people are stupid and all, but seriously...

Sacramento, CA

#230656 May 18, 2014
Politicians should not receive any money from foreign contributors , whether a nation or an individual. Who got $$ from Brunei's Islamic law government? The Clinton Foundation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min JOEL 71,076
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web