Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,188

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Bruno

Santa Monica, CA

#229913 Mar 19, 2014
Just you and me here today you moron, but I have better things to do see ya wouldn't want to be ya- - - -

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#229914 Mar 19, 2014
Bruno wrote:
Goood morning class !!
Good Morning!
Prune

Sierra Madre, CA

#229915 Mar 19, 2014
Burnt Toast brun-no. prune-no.

And the squirts.

Location hidden

#229916 Mar 19, 2014
Prune wrote:
Burnt Toast brun-no. prune-no.

And the squirts.
Awwww a lousy cook and full of it too!
What a surprise...
kochs

Sierra Madre, CA

#229917 Mar 19, 2014
What yeah get Koch's with millions of dollars.

The Koch brothers, Karl Rove and a host of big-spending right-wing front groups are increasing their ad buys by hundreds of thousands of dollars in North Carolina, Kentucky, New Hampshire, Louisiana, Arkansas and the other states with key Senate races.

“Deport them all deport Now”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#229921 Mar 20, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning!
And a big good morning to you too.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#229922 Mar 20, 2014
Morning.. is that what this is?

I think I am allergic to it ;)
S and D

Sierra Madre, CA

#229923 Mar 20, 2014
You mean big fat Sloppy D.
Westboro uied

Sierra Madre, CA

#229924 Mar 20, 2014
Fred Phelps did not care what you thought of his Westboro Baptist Church, nor did he care if you heard its message that society's tolerance for gay people is the root of all earthly evil.

By the time you saw one of his outrageous and hate-filled signs — "You're Going to Hell" was among the more benign — you were already doomed.

Glad this dirty one is being burned to ashes.
Wood free

Sierra Madre, CA

#229927 Mar 20, 2014
Watch out for those wood worms.
Deseret Vortexo

Sedona, AZ

#229928 Mar 20, 2014
The Blessed Reverend and the Perfect Pastor have announced jointly and separately that they have reached and accord. The two Masters of scripture have proven that the cause of the earth's ills and the general malaise and dispesia are the fault of Obamacare. This evil project has caused many leasbians to force non-related elders to become insensitive louts and layabouts and droolers of awful odor. What we must do is immediately jail everyone and then allow those who can post a nominal bail to bid for continuing within the kigdom of CHRIST. Those who cannot post bail will be asked and the deported after surrendering all valuable assets to cover the cost of shipping and handling. There is no other way. Bless the vortexes, bless the former heathens and bless the Blessed reverend and the Perfect pastor as they assume command of our futures absent social networks, pensions, unions and body odfor and foreign tongues.

Location hidden

#229929 Mar 20, 2014
Deseret Vortexo wrote:
The Blessed Reverend and the Perfect Pastor have announced jointly and separately that they have reached and accord. The two Masters of scripture have proven that the cause of the earth's ills and the general malaise and dispesia are the fault of Obamacare. This evil project has caused many leasbians to force non-related elders to become insensitive louts and layabouts and droolers of awful odor. What we must do is immediately jail everyone and then allow those who can post a nominal bail to bid for continuing within the kigdom of CHRIST. Those who cannot post bail will be asked and the deported after surrendering all valuable assets to cover the cost of shipping and handling. There is no other way. Bless the vortexes, bless the former heathens and bless the Blessed reverend and the Perfect pastor as they assume command of our futures absent social networks, pensions, unions and body odfor and foreign tongues.
Huh?
Fleets

Sierra Madre, CA

#229931 Mar 20, 2014
I thought by using a case of fleets, that this fool who keeps posting would be flushed out!
Bruno

Santa Monica, CA

#229932 Mar 21, 2014
Goood morning class!
Bullwinkle

Sierra Madre, CA

#229933 Mar 21, 2014
This ones easy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#229934 Mar 21, 2014
Westboro uied wrote:
Fred Phelps did not care what you thought of his Westboro Baptist Church, nor did he care if you heard its message that society's tolerance for gay people is the root of all earthly evil.
By the time you saw one of his outrageous and hate-filled signs — "You're Going to Hell" was among the more benign — you were already doomed.
Glad this dirty one is being burned to ashes.
There is something good that can be said about him.

Other churches seeing his excesses, wanted to make sure everyone knew he did not speak for them. They toned down their own rhetoric, decreased their own hatred, and became more accepting of people different than themselves.

Religious people are far more accepting of others than they were before Mr Phelps

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229935 Mar 21, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Oh my!

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2014/03/20/does ...

"The prevalent theory of cosmic origins prior to the Big Bang theory was the “Steady State,” which argued that the universe has always existed, without a beginning that necessitated a cause.

However, this new evidence strongly suggests that there was a beginning to our universe.

If the universe did indeed have a beginning, by the simple logic of cause and effect, there had to be an agent – separate and apart from the effect – that caused it.

That sounds a lot like Genesis 1:1 to me:“In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.”

So this latest discovery is good news for us believers, as it adds scientific support to the idea that the universe was caused – or created – by something or someone outside it and not dependent on it.

MORE ON CNN: Big Bang breakthrough announced; gravitational waves detected

Atheist-turned-agnostic astronomer Fred Hoyle, who coined the term “Big Bang,” famously stated,“A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics."

Smirk.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#229936 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!
"The prevalent theory of cosmic origins prior to the Big Bang theory was the “Steady State,” which argued that the universe has always existed, without a beginning that necessitated a cause.
However, this new evidence strongly suggests that there was a beginning to our universe.
If the universe did indeed have a beginning, by the simple logic of cause and effect, there had to be an agent – separate and apart from the effect – that caused it.
That sounds a lot like Genesis 1:1 to me:“In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.”
So this latest discovery is good news for us believers, as it adds scientific support to the idea that the universe was caused – or created – by something or someone outside it and not dependent on it.
Atheist-turned-agnostic astronomer Fred Hoyle, who coined the term “Big Bang,” famously stated,“A common sense interpretation of the facts suggests that a superintellect has monkeyed with physics."
Smirk.
Nothing new, I always wondered why the less educated religious always rebelled against the theory, it was first proposed by a priest... Monseigneur Georges Lemaître

Of course nothing at all about the Theory points to a being.. only to the fact that this current universe.. had a beginning.

And yes it did.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#229937 Mar 21, 2014
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new, I always wondered why the less educated religious always rebelled against the theory, it was first proposed by a priest... Monseigneur Georges Lemaître
Of course nothing at all about the Theory points to a being.. only to the fact that this current universe.. had a beginning.
And yes it did.
Not what the article said. Or the scientist. But you always have your own fantasies, don't you.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#229938 Mar 21, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my!

Smirk.
What are you posting me for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr STEFANO COLONNA 69,958
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Fri savvylocal 245
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1
Carmel waste broker accused of bribery (Dec '08) Sep 23 Shelly 12
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sep 21 fancy 3

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at October 20 at 2:09PM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey Jobs

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]