Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#228487 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.... just like you go there and convince them to be Christian.
This topix is about queers not Christians.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#228488 Jan 27, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Does a law that simply states "marriage is a man and a woman only" allow polygamy Miss Thing?
Please answer, don't tell me I'm on drugs or brain dead or ignorant, just tell me yes or no. Thanks!
Isn't it just horrible that authoritarians like Xavier Breath will resort to telling people they are on drugs, brain dead or ignorant when they do not want to answer a question because answering it makes them look stupid.

If this discussion was moderated trolls like this would be banned from posting again.
MBC

Marina Del Rey, CA

#228490 Jan 27, 2014
Marriage is between one man and one woman, that's all. This country has so many protected classes, creating more lawsuits. It's getting out of hand, every one remember what happen to soddam and gamora? That's where it's headed, all we can do is pray for those who live alternative life styles.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228491 Jan 27, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
California’s Proposition 8 ballot measure defined marriage as one man and one woman.
2+2=5, prove that's wrong.
Here's the ballot language:

Shall the California Constitution be changed to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry providing that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228492 Jan 27, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
This topix is about queers not Christians.
It's about us winning in court.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228494 Jan 27, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it just horrible that authoritarians like Xavier Breath will resort to telling people they are on drugs, brain dead or ignorant when they do not want to answer a question because answering it makes them look stupid.
If this discussion was moderated trolls like this would be banned from posting again.
If the queen had balls she'd be king.

if, if, if...... always dealing in fantasy.... never looking at FACT.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#228495 Jan 27, 2014
MBC wrote:
Marriage is between one man and one woman, that's all. This country has so many protected classes, creating more lawsuits. It's getting out of hand, every one remember what happen to soddam and gamora? That's where it's headed, all we can do is pray for those who live alternative life styles.
Do you remember what happened in the North Pole at Santa's workshop the day after Christmas?
Bowling gloves

Covina, CA

#228502 Jan 27, 2014
Do you like the glow in the night glove?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228503 Jan 27, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Boy camels.
LOL!!!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228505 Jan 27, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The reason polygamy is illegal is moral disapproval, and that is not a valid reason. That's my argument.
Now X Breath will rebut my argument with "you didn't go to school..." or "You are a drug addict" or similar stupid non response.
What else does he have but insults since he can't refute your argument? Where does all this "moral" disapproval come from? Hearsay?

Religion was invented when the first con-artist met the first fool.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228506 Jan 27, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that way because you're so high on pain meds, pot and alcohol. You can't think straight...it's obvious from your style of reasoning.
He deserved that objective analysis, he should pay you for your impartial observations and taking the time to inform him. At the very least he should say thank you.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228507 Jan 27, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
You can laugh all you want X, I would like to see you go to Mahmouds country and try convincing them that ot's ok to be queer. ahahahahaahahahah
In our American Republic anything any peaceful consenting adult wishes to do with other peaceful consenting adults is OK. What is NOT OK is you thinking you are entitled to force your bigotry on others who want no part of it.

Anything goes.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228508 Jan 27, 2014
Jake wrote:
Mahmoud, can you tell X what will happen to him if he pushes the gay cult lifestyle in the middle east. I bet they would strap his ass over a fence and let a cammel have at it ! ahahahahahah
Different Islamic country's have different rules. One has public beheadings on Friday nights for public entertainment. Another forces the gays to have sex changes or be hanged. In another anyone with a gun can just shoot you, no proof, no judge, no jury.

And authoritarians wonder why I say the earth is an insane asylum.

I have a theory: all those UFO reports are true, the insane from all the normal worlds are brought here to the earth and let go. Our earth is the galaxies insane asylum.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228509 Jan 27, 2014
Perhaps someday you'll get a real argument, until then you are just jerking off.
Marriage. There is no one right way.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
oooooo.... unoriginal sound bite mentality.... how exciting
You just proved Frankie is right.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228510 Jan 27, 2014
Frankie: The reason polygamy is illegal is moral disapproval, and that is not a valid reason. That's my argument.
Now X Breath will rebut my argument with "you didn't go to school..." or "You are a drug addict" or similar stupid non response.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Moral disapproval is only one argument. Is that all you have?
Non-responsive and irrelevant. You just proved that what Frankie said about you is true. Frankie said your moral disapproval is not valid. There are no valid arguments against polygamy. Your deeply held delusions are irrelevant.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228511 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certain you won't read any of this, but here: http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/SC/11/15/...
Since it is a waste of time you are right I won't read any of it.
Bowling gloves

Covina, CA

#228512 Jan 27, 2014
Don't you do night time bowling?
Do you like the glow in the night glove?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228513 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
One tiny problem.... Prop 8 did NOT say "one" man "one" woman.
OK, I am asking like when God who is everywhere asked Adam and Eve where they were hiding, what exactly did it say and what exactly does it mean? Quote the specific wording of CA prop 8.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228514 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
One tiny problem.... Prop 8 did NOT say "one" man "one" woman.
Then why aren't gay getting married?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

#228515 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
News Flash: polygamy was stopped a l-o-n-g time ago. It was illegal before Prop 8 and it remains illegal after Prop 8.
Well aren't you the genie! I'll alert the media.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min JOEL 71,295
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 23 Kristen Scannell ... 2
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey