Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201821 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#228511 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certain you won't read any of this, but here: http://www.courts.gov.bc.ca/jdb-txt/SC/11/15/...
Since it is a waste of time you are right I won't read any of it.
Bowling gloves

Covina, CA

#228512 Jan 27, 2014
Don't you do night time bowling?
Do you like the glow in the night glove?

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228513 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
One tiny problem.... Prop 8 did NOT say "one" man "one" woman.
OK, I am asking like when God who is everywhere asked Adam and Eve where they were hiding, what exactly did it say and what exactly does it mean? Quote the specific wording of CA prop 8.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228514 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
One tiny problem.... Prop 8 did NOT say "one" man "one" woman.
Then why aren't gay getting married?

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228515 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
News Flash: polygamy was stopped a l-o-n-g time ago. It was illegal before Prop 8 and it remains illegal after Prop 8.
Well aren't you the genie! I'll alert the media.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228516 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense on polygamy?
Of course you do not understand. Go ask your mommy to explain it to you.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228517 Jan 27, 2014
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
This topix is about queers not Christians.
WRONG!!! This topic is about Christians who violate the rights of gay people by passing laws against their peaceful constitutionally protected behaviour.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228518 Jan 27, 2014
MBC wrote:
Marriage is between one man and one woman, that's all. This country has so many protected classes, creating more lawsuits. It's getting out of hand, every one remember what happen to soddam and gamora? That's where it's headed, all we can do is pray for those who live alternative life styles.
Pray all you want, nothing fails like prayer!

Marriage in your sick delusional mind may be between one man and one woman but in a republic it is the job of the government to protect our rights as individuals to form relationships with other consenting adults. That means if I want to fuk a man the government has to protect my right to do so. And if I want to marry two women at the same time, again the government must protect my right to do so.

And if you are going to talk about " soddam and gamora you should learn to spell them correctly!

You are so stupid you probably believe voting is a moral thing to do instead of an abomination. And you are probably too ignorant to know the difference. That happens from warming pews.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228519 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the ballot language:
Shall the California Constitution be changed to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry providing that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California?
And that means that only a marriage between a man and a woman is valid. THEREFORE a marriage between a man and two women is illegal which is what you have been arguing against.

Have you been warming pews again? You know it makes people stupid.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228520 Jan 27, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about us winning in court.
You do not see what the war is all about. You may have won the battle but you are losing the war.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228521 Jan 27, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And of course it's her damn choice. A choice sheepie insists she should not have.
Sheepie says consenting adults shouldn't be allowed to marry because they are children and forced into it.
Yup. He insists adults are children. And consenting adults are children forced into marriage.
That's why these silly jackasses are so funny to me.
I really understand now why you enjoy spending time with them. I am starting to enjoy laughing at their inconsistencies and absurdities.

Comrade Sheeple has been going on for quite a while now about only some peaceful consenting adults should have the freedom to make their own decisions about how they want to live their lives and I find myself shaking my head at his insistence that consenting adults are children forced into marriage.

I suspect they are all victims of the government run public education system.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228522 Jan 27, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:<quoted text> Isn't it just horrible that authoritarians like Xavier Breath will resort to telling people they are on drugs, brain dead or ignorant when they do not want to answer a question because answering it makes them look stupid.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>If the queen had balls she'd be king.if, if, if...... always dealing in fantasy.... never looking at FACT.
More proof that what I said above is true. Non-responsive and irrelevant.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228523 Jan 27, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a lot of ignorance behind their bigotry, like all bigots. They insist most polygamists are child abusers. As proof of this they produce Warren Jeffs.
If one polygamist commits a crime, ban polygamy. But if someone in a SSM commits a crime don't ban SSM, that would be silly!
No normal person could jump on that inconsistent bandwagon! It is the same bigotry with which alcohol prohibition was launched, because a few abused alcohol the government should prevent everyone from using it. These authoritarians refuse to discuss how many people went blind from bathtub gin, the creation of organized crime the corruption of the cops and the courts etc etc etc. Nothing good came from prohibition and all those drunks it was designed to stop getting drunk has all the alcohol they wanted. Was it worth it? NO! Did the authoritarians in government learn form this? NO! They went on to create the War on Drugs.

Here is why homosexuality needs to be banned:

Youth Pastor Brent Girouex Gets Probation For Molesting Young Men:
Girouex claimed he could cure the young men of their same-sex attractions by having sexual relations with them. Eight victims have come forward so far.
Republican politician Andrew Buhr was charged with two counts of first degree sodomy with a 13-year old boy he read Bible verses to after Sunday School.
Republican County Councilman Keola Childs pleaded guilty to molesting a male child he met at his church. He pleaded guilty only to keep his family out of the liberal media's spotlight.

Here is why Christianity needs to be banned:

Republican activist Marty Glickman (a.k.a. "Republican Marty"), was taken into custody at a local church by Florida police on four counts of unlawful sexual activity with an underage girl and one count of delivering the drug LSD.
Republican Senate candidate, and active member of his church, John Hathaway was accused of having sex with his 12-year old baby sitter and withdrew his candidacy after the allegations were reported in the media.
Republican talk show host Jon Matthews pleaded guilty to exposing his genitals to an 11 year old girl.
*Republican anti-gay activist Earl "Butch" Kimmerling was sentenced to 40 years in prison for molesting an 8-year old girl after he attempted to stop a gay couple from adopting her.
Republican election board official Kevin Coan, an active member of his church, was sentenced to two years probation for soliciting sex over the internet from a 14-year old girl.
Republican politician Keith Westmoreland was arrested on seven felony counts of lewd and lascivious exhibition to girls under the age of 16 (i.e. exposing himself to children).
Republican anti-abortion Christian activist John Allen Burt was found guilty of molesting a 15-year old girl.
Republican activist John Butler was charged with criminal sexual assault on a teenage girl who was in his Bible study group.
Republican candidate Richard Gardner admitted to molesting his two daughters before dropping them off for Sunday School.
Republican Councilman and former Marine Jack W. Gardner was convicted of molesting a 13-year old girl.

Authoritarians are very confused and want to punish everyone for the acts of a few.
Bowling gloves

Covina, CA

#228524 Jan 27, 2014
How many glow in the night colors are available from Bowling Gloves Inc.?

#228522 - child go away your messing with adults.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228525 Jan 27, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No sh!t.
I know, he is such a genie isn't he.
Cali Girl 14

Idyllwild, CA

#228526 Jan 27, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, here it is again:

Poof: Can I wear a red shirt?
ALAN: You can wear any color you want.
Poof: No, I want to know if I can wear a red one.
Poof: Just tell me, can I wear Red?
Poof: Damn it, answer the question.
Poof: All I want to know is can I wear a red colored shirt, yes or not.
Poof: You could have answered yes or no.
ALAN: OK yes.

Poof: OK now, can I wear a blue colored shirt?

Poof: you just don't answer questions do you .Tell me is blue OK?
Poof: But I want to know if I can wear blue.
lol

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228527 Jan 27, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Thanks, that is what it is like dealing with authoritarians isn't it. I keep hoping if they are shown how ridiculous they are they will grow up and act like responsible adults instead of silly children.

“Freedom and Liberty”

Northern California

#228528 Jan 27, 2014
Bowling gloves wrote:
#228522 - child go away your messing with adults.
That is so 1990's.
Bowling gloves

Covina, CA

#228529 Jan 27, 2014

#228526 - child go away your messing with adults.

Have you bought yours?
Jake

Los Angeles, CA

#228530 Jan 27, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!!! This topic is about Christians who violate the rights of gay people by passing laws against their peaceful constitutionally protected behaviour.
No rights were violated. Gays went above and beyond to force legislation to give in to their lifestyle or else!! It's too bad we have a government that fell apart to presure. Gays have torn down the rights of the American people who made a constitution for the good. SSM is bad for the people. Gays only care about themselves and are un patriotic and greedy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
drugs Sun jacobjarrard76 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Sun jacobjarrard76 12
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Jun 19 Dalton 1,538
legit pain P.I.L.L.S n m/ar.iju/an.a Jun 16 Monterey delivery 1
Migraine help Jun 13 Jaybarn 1
public officials violating federal laws Jun 5 Time for accounta... 4
Monterey Public Officials VIOLATING FEDERAL LAWS Jun 3 Un agenda 21 and ... 5
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE