Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201809 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Gustavo

Westminster, CA

#222160 Oct 22, 2013
It looks like frankie will have to wait a long long time before he can contiue ripping off this geat nation with a fake dissability. Give back the wheel chair and overpaypment you homo
Number 9

Azusa, CA

#222161 Oct 22, 2013
How many cars can the number 9 train pull?
Cali Girl 13zG

Idyllwild, CA

#222163 Oct 22, 2013
Phatty Patty wrote:
<quoted text>You'd know all about that, huh Phatty. LOL!!
He no brains, you have the wrong
Person....Grow up!
Cali Girl 13zG

Idyllwild, CA

#222164 Oct 22, 2013
Phatty Patty Cali girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>Not much chance with that, with Mr. and Mrs. John and Pat Trollby.

They are "pride" themselves with their childish bullying and cyber stalking. John Colby was recently evicted from his section 8 housing because of stalking, video taping young women, harassing the disabled, elderly and children, threatening to "Go Postal" to the manager etc etc at Mission Gardens apartments in Santa Cruz, Ca.

John Colby is currently illegally hiding/living at his sister/wife's (Pat Colby) apartment at Mission Gardens... Pat (Cali girl 13) will soon be evicted also. YIPPEEEE!

Just for fun, google John Colby Santa Cruz.... Or check out the NUMEROUS threads here on Topix Santa Cruz Forum.

You all will be able to tell which ones are this pathetic failure's posts.. John particularly loves to steal his critics names. Pat does also, But I've noticed lately she has really gotten twisted. Check out her Penis Chopping and eating "mountain oysters" posts.

She is one sick b*tch. And Definitely not the prettiest gal in the stable... Eeeooorrr
Hey fk you wrong person.....
Poof

Madison, WI

#222165 Oct 22, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
It looks like frankie will have to wait a long long time before he can contiue ripping off this geat nation with a fake dissability. Give back the wheel chair and overpaypment you homo
Damn it, Frankie is not Gay, he is an asshat! You're right, he is ripping off the tax payers.
Number 9

Azusa, CA

#222166 Oct 22, 2013
What whistle stop was number 9 seen at last?
Poof

Madison, WI

#222167 Oct 22, 2013
Jordan wrote:
Ah hell, what has this country coming to! Do you think that our founding fathers would be proud of this? This is bull. The majority rule didnt even work! I'd say that this government has been screwed up for a long time.(Ever since that damned ****er took charge)
My aren't you the angry little racist. Sugarnipples, we don't live in a democracy, majority rule does not exist.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#222168 Oct 22, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>I know a few who are religious that are not so bad. But I surly would not allow Kmaire and the rest of his Fred Phelps Ilk access to any children.
in other words you disagree with the bigot but at the same time adore him, how sweet. LOL
Poof

Madison, WI

#222169 Oct 22, 2013
Cali Girl 13zG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fk you wrong person.....
Temper Frankie, hold your temper.
Poof

Madison, WI

#222172 Oct 22, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>in other words you disagree with the bigot but at the same time adore him, how sweet. LOL
Bigot? Did I respond to a Kmaire post?

Oh you mean Big D. No he's not a bigot.

Have a great Day Frankie
Poof

Madison, WI

#222173 Oct 22, 2013
Jordan wrote:
You know what, I will stand my geound you homo loving Asses!
Good for you Buttercup
Poof

Madison, WI

#222174 Oct 22, 2013
Jordan wrote:
I will stand my ground against the damned homo loving ass*****! You think that Gay marriage is right!?
What's really funny is that you think you have some say in the matter.
Cali Girl 13zG

Idyllwild, CA

#222175 Oct 22, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Temper Frankie, hold your temper.
I don't have a temper,I'm Italian, but
thanks for your concern Jizzy...
It means a lot......:). NOT
Cali Girl 13zG

Idyllwild, CA

#222176 Oct 22, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Temper Frankie, hold your temper.
Another "Day off" I see...... Please
stop mooching off my country.......
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222177 Oct 22, 2013
guest wrote:
There is obviously nothing more to discuss, without off-topic trolling and childish behavior. The Supreme Court ruled. Move on.
You do that fruiloops! Careful of that door on the way out.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222178 Oct 22, 2013
guest wrote:
This thread has a topic. The topic is the legality of same sex marriage. It is not a forum designed for practicing childish bullying or name calling. Grow up people. Keep the discussion civil and on point. Thanks.
Relax fruitloops. Mellow out dude.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222180 Oct 22, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a potential social worker interview. BTW, So are you...make one false accusation again and I'll report your a$$.
Too funny! You're gonna tell on him. YUK!YUK!YUK! Ah good times!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222181 Oct 22, 2013
guest wrote:
Here is some news from the Wall Street Journal that is ON TOPIC for this thread:
Gay Marriage Takes Off
Christie Declines to Appeal a New Jersey Court's Ruling Allowing the Nuptials
By
Heather Haddon
Oct. 21, 2013 9:15 p.m. ET
Gov. Chris Christie's decision Monday to drop an appeal of a lower court's decision allowing for same-sex marriage in New Jersey stunned and delighted gay rights advocates and left leaders on both sides of the issue plotting their next moves.
As gay couples began to wed Monday, lawyers who were prepared to take a gay marriage case in New Jersey to the state's highest court said their work had concluded in the wake of Mr. Christie's decision.
"I think we're done here," said Hayley Gorenberg, deputy legal director for Lambda Legal, a national gay rights group, and co-counsel on the gay marriage case. "There are many paths to victory and equality."
Some gay rights advocates, however, were still considering whether to push for an override of Mr. Christie's veto last year on gay marriage legislation. A statewide coalition with national donors had raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to push for an override vote by the end of the legislative year in January.
"We are talking to leadership in both houses about what our next steps are," said Troy Stevenson of Garden State Equality, a gay rights group.
Public support for gay marriage has grown steadily in New Jersey. A Rutgers-Eagleton Poll of 799 registered voters released Monday found that 61% supported same-sex nuptials, including 49% of the Republicans.
Same-sex couples rushed to wed early Monday morning, the first day they could legally do so in New Jersey. Mayors in some places—including Newark, Jersey City and Lambertville—performed ceremonies after the stroke of midnight Sunday for couples looking to tie the knot as soon as possible.
"It is officially past midnight; marriage is equal in New Jersey," said Newark Mayor Cory Booker, who married seven gay couples at City Hall, along with two straight couples. They were the first couples Mr. Booker, who last week was elected to the U.S. Senate, had married in his seven years as mayor. He had refused to preside over any ceremonies until gay marriage was legal.
Some had wanted to marry as soon as possible for fear that the state Supreme Court could strike down gay marriage in the administration's appeal that was to be considered next year. With the appeal dropped, couples said they were ecstatic.
"We feel like pioneers and now this really makes it feel real," said David Calle, a hair stylist, told friends after marrying his partner of 13 years in Jersey City on Monday.
The issue has evolved rapidly in New Jersey in the last several days, causing some confusion for couples applying for marriage licenses. On Thursday, the state had directed local governments to hold off on issuing marriage licenses to gay couples while the court process played out. Some towns issued the licenses anyway on Friday.
After the state Supreme Court ruled Friday to allow the marriages to go forward pending the appeal, the state directed municipalities to grant licenses as they would other couples—including abiding by New Jersey's 72-hour waiting period for marriages.
Mr. Stevenson said Garden State Equality plans to launch an education campaign to make sure people understand the decision and their rights.
In moving to drop the appeal, Mr. Christie said he disagreed with the court's ruling on Friday but the decision indicated the court would likely strike down the state's case.
Carl Tobias, a professor of constitutional law at the University of Richmond, said the governor's decision was astute because nullifying marriages now taking place would be difficult and expensive. "It's a pragmatic decision," he said.
Too wordy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222182 Oct 22, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Like 100% of your off-topic posts. Perhaps you would find a general chat room (as opposed to a discussion board with a specific topic) more useful for whatever you're trying to accomplish. Consider something like parachat . com. I hope this is helpful dearie.
Naaaah. It's not spicecake.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#222183 Oct 22, 2013
Goose wrote:
I want to hear about number 9 instead of a bunch of idiots posting S H I T..
Me too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monterey Public Officials VIOLATING FEDERAL LAWS May 26 Un agenda 21 and ... 4
public officials violating federal laws May 24 Un agenda 21 and ... 3
the music thread (Apr '12) May 23 Musikologist 19
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) May 23 ikestubbs 1,535
News Letters: Charter application superior (Jan '11) May 21 Yin Simons 13
News Taking extraordinary measures to wear an extrao... May 18 outtogether 2
News Police: Armed robbery at Santa Cruz sandwich sh... May 11 bump 1
More from around the web

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE