Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,514)

Showing posts 190,261 - 190,280 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Flounders

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Pounders are all sitting over there.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, and not all who say they are female, are (wink wink) What a putz
You're not a female?(wink wink).

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, and not all who say they are female, are (wink wink) What a putz
You don't know Jack sheet about me.
But apparently I know about you.....
Honorary Lesbian!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>You're not a female?(wink wink).
Only when he wears his wife's dresses!
Mikey the ER regular

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Hey, they found my Dad's car keys!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
Hey Jizzzz. MYOB
Just because you are faux Man,
doesn't mean I'm not a woman...
Everyone isn't a liar here.You are
one of the biggest.Now go have
a hit off your bong and STHU!
Poof

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honorary Lesbian!
Yes I am, thanks

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am, thanks
Congratulations because the men
don't acknowledge your shiet
Lack of personality.....
Tuurdords

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

This is t u r d of a site: http://cdn.optmd.com/V2/80255/186452/index.ht...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No but one can vote on how a significant social, cultural, historical, and/or religious institution, is legally defined. Last I knew the civil right to marry was based on the male female understanding of marriage and applied to all men and women equally. I guess your point it, some are more equal than others.
Why do you deliberately try to invert the simple facts?

Yes, a religion gets to determine for itself who qualifies to use that religion as a basis for any religious ritual. But your church does NOT get to define any of that for my church, and vice versa.

Beyond that, people DO NOT get to vote away the civil rights of others.

And no, the civil right to marry is based on two people forming a union that involves numerous rights and privilages that are not available in other manner. The gender of those people is of no concern of yours.
Pietro Armando wrote:
So if a state votes in favor of SSM and someone sued to have it overturned in court, and the court agreed, would you support that? Or is it only you agree when the vote is in favor of an issue you support?
If the courts attempt to take away any person's or group's civil rights, there must be a COMPELLING state intrest in so doing. Compelling as in - others will be injured in some demonstable manner. If the courts operate in any other manner, they are guilty of judicial malfesiance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
One does not need the state to "form stable, committed partnerships". No one is demanding gays not marry, or marry. It's a matter of what marriage is, and why it's defined they way it is.
No, one does not need state recognition to form a committed relationship, but one DOES need state recognition to gain the rights and privileges that are automatically part of the committed relationship called "marriage". Now, I can certainly agree that it IS a matter of the way marriage is defined. As I said above, your church gets to define its rituals in whatever manner it chooses. However, when it comes to the government, ALL citizens MUST be given equal access to the laws, rights and privileges of our society, because that is what our Constitution demands.
drink The hive

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

God Bless U All And I Hope U Receive The Help U Need 2 Turn Away From Your Live' Of Sin - Amen...

http://seoppc.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2011/0...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays, as individual men and women, have the same right to marry,as nay other man or woman.
<quoted text>
So who's lying here? The same right has always existed. There are some who do not wish to exercise it the same way, as any other man or woman.
The only one lying here is you. Yet again. It is getting rather tiresome.

I have the right to marry the person that I love and for whom I feel a sexual attraction. Love does not even need to be a part of it. I can marry anyone I choose, as long as we are both consenting adults, etc, etc, etc.

Until the state starts telling people who they will marry, based on breeding concerns, the state MUST allow ALL citizens the right to pick the person that they wish. Gender is NOT a valid grounds for discrimination.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I assume you are gay, now don't you lie, where in the consitution does it say you can not marry?
Minor point, but I am straight...

Major point, the Constitution REQUIRES that ALL people have equal access to the laws of the land. Since marriage is part of that body of laws, gays must have the right to marry just like straights do - and that includes the person of their choice.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I am, thanks
You might as well be!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one lying here is you. Yet again. It is getting rather tiresome.
I have the right to marry the person that I love and for whom I feel a sexual attraction. Love does not even need to be a part of it. I can marry anyone I choose, as long as we are both consenting adults, etc, etc, etc.
You can marry a few women if they'll have you, and the state not need be involved. However if you wish to legally marry, you must abide by the state rules, and requirements.
Until the state starts telling people who they will marry, based on breeding concerns, the state MUST allow ALL citizens the right to pick the person that they wish.
Oh so you can marry your sister?
Gender is NOT a valid grounds for discrimination.
Exactly, no legally sanctioned gender segregation in marriage. Insist on both genders being included.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Minor point, but I am straight...
Major point, the Constitution REQUIRES that ALL people have equal access to the laws of the land.
Please show where in the constitution those words exist.
Since marriage is part of that body of laws, gays must have the right to marry just like straights do - and that includes the person of their choice.
Of the opposite sex.....just....like....straig hts! See equal access to the laws of the land.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you deliberately try to invert the simple facts?
I ask you the same.
Yes, a religion gets to determine for itself who qualifies to use that religion as a basis for any religious ritual. But your church does NOT get to define any of that for my church, and vice versa.
Beyond that, people DO NOT get to vote away the civil rights of others.
Did you actually read what I wrote AND understand it?
Pietro Armando wrote:
No but one can vote on how a significant social, cultural, historical, and/or religious institution, is legally defined. Last I knew the civil right to marry was based on the male female understanding of marriage and applied to all men and women equally.
And no, the civil right to marry is based on two people forming a union that involves numerous rights and privilages that are not available in other manner.
That's so clever....did you think that up yourself?
. The gender of those people is of no concern of yours.
It is to the state if those people choose to legally marry, and to the people who voted on what definition of legal marriage should either be maintained, or replaced.
If the courts attempt to take away any person's or group's civil rights, there must be a COMPELLING state intrest in so doing. Compelling as in - others will be injured in some demonstable manner. If the courts operate in any other manner, they are guilty of judicial malfesiance.
Helllllooooooo.....McFly...no civil right was taken away. The right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid on all fifty states, is available to ALL MEN AND WOMEN.
120 or DC 240

San Dimas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2013

Judged:

Remember, the Republicans, GOP, RNC and the Tea Party member's use the same sex machine over and over again, that's how they get use to screwing the public over and over again.
Testing

Salem, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2013

Judged:

Just a toss up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 190,261 - 190,280 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance