Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
190,161 - 190,180 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Mikey Cesspool wrote:
<quoted text>
ignorant bigoted piece of sh+t
But since your ass is a landfill, you're a tolerant genius, ain't that right, juvenile shitferbrains?
Flounders

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

The stupid Republicans and Tea Party Flounders drained their own swamp and now they are beached and surely parish.

Like a beached whale and they too will die off,.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie, and you know it. You do not lose anything with Gays getting their right to marriage recognized.
Gays, as individual men and women, have the same right to marry,as nay other man or woman.
The only way to have a rational conversation is for you to stop lying. If they had always had the same rights, we would not be having this discussion.
So who's lying here? The same right has always existed. There are some who do not wish to exercise it the same way, as any other man or woman.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Covina Quar wrote:
The stupid Republicans and Tea Party Flounders drained their own swamp and now they are beached and surely parish.
Like a beached whale and they too will die off,.
You've been reduced to a robotic reductio ad absurdum, Emo. It's all over.

JUMP!!!!
Cit-Head Boeher

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

But if this goes on for another couple weeks—which a lot of people are predicting—then we're going to need to keep pushing. Here's what we have planned next:
•TV ads demanding that Speaker John Boehner stop blocking legislation passed by the Senate—and supported by a majority of the House of Representatives.
•Continued online ads aimed at swing voters in the closest districts.
•Rallies and "thank you" events to make sure Democrats continue to stand strong against Republican hostage-taking.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute here Riccardo. Weren't you the first to complain about the vote being tossed by the court? Think about it. In the political arena of U.S. democracy, all is fair game. Closing down stuff and pointing fingers is just one part of that democracy. The bottom line is our leaders and political parties don't work toward reaching consensus but toward pleasing various special interest groups. They are becoming more and more polarized every day. Your harsh words only fuel this type of polarization which results in gridlock. Perhaps we need to crash and burn so that we can all get back on the same page again, which is a very likely outcome.
Remember what he's doing: Last week he fired the second-in-command of our nuclear arsenal, on trumped up gambling charges.

That's how they kill people today. In the old days they would just take them out and shoot them.

Now the top Marine has forced two generals into retirement who are stern, good combat veterans.

He did what he had to do to keep his own job, I'm sure.

He blamed them because the Taliban overran a British run airfield in Afghanistan and the enemy was able to penetrate the perimeter.

Obama is conducting a war against anyone in our military who might stand up to his potential coup.

Some people may call me crazy, but I have studied history.

Obama's egotism and power madness knows no bounds.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t always agree with democrats, but at least they aren’t on the bus heading over the cliff.
The right to marry still exists and is extended to encompasses same sex couples as well, freedom, justice and equality prevails, and you lose.
They are the ones Rigging the bus so it breaks down with the Republicans riding it so they can play the blame games.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Bee On Boehners wrote:
GOP demands negotiation as shutdown drags on 4th day of stupity brought on by the GOP/Republican Tea Party Bingo bums.
The Tea Party fools have made Boehner their b I t C h.
How dare they want to negotiate. LOL
Gustavo

Highland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from a ignorant bigoted piece of sh+t like you, I'll consider it a compliment.
"an ignorant" not a ignorant. And you would consider any degrading comment as a compliment. Here comes another compliment, you are a loser you homo. STFU
Gustavo

Highland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a lie, and you know it. You do not lose anything with Gays getting their right to marriage recognized.
<quoted text>
The only way to have a rational conversation is for you to stop lying. If they had always had the same rights, we would not be having this discussion.
<quoted text>
Okay, then you should work to become sane. End of problem, since the only problem is yours.
<quoted text>
Only a matter of time...
Ok I assume you are gay, now don't you lie, where in the consitution does it say you can not marry?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Banished again! Banned! Censored!

Disappeared like in some cheesy third world gay banana republic. Geez. Lighten up. Censorship of free speech sucks.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t always agree with democrats, but at least they aren’t on the bus heading over the cliff.
The right to marry still exists and is extended to encompasses same sex couples as well, freedom, justice and equality prevails, and you lose.
When freedom, justice and equality prevails, no one loses. Much as you'd like it if they did.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I assume you are gay, now don't you lie, where in the consitution does it say you can not marry?
It's not that the Constitution says he can't marry you, it's that he doesn't want to you dopey jarhead.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:

Disappeared like in some cheesy third world gay banana republic. Geez. Lighten up. Censorship of free speech sucks.
Down with Censorship!! Topix.....
Pin Heads

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Watch out for the Pin-heads from the Republican Party.
Gustavo

Highland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that the Constitution says he can't marry you, it's that he doesn't want to you dopey jarhead.
You don't have a clue do you Cali, I mean Frankie lol you dumb ass
Credibility Watch

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Cali Girl 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Down with Censorship!! Topix.....
Said the bedwetter who cried "REPORTED" for a couple of days....
Credibility Watch

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Pin Heads wrote:
Watch out for the Pin-heads from the Republican Party.
Said the global warming pinhead....
Credibility Watch

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Tuesdays and Fridays is when I've been blocked for saying the sky is blue, or water is wet, or Mikey Stain carries parts of Jimmie Hoffa in his braincase.

I just don't understand....
Horsemen

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

These stupid people are wasting their time here, with their a s wipe buddies in Washington D.C. putting the screws to hard working Americans - they don't stand a chance to succeed at anything but throw their money away in any election in the future in California.

The three-day California Republican Party Fall Convention begins Friday October 04, 2013 in Anaheim with the theme Rebuilding from the Ground Up, part of the effort at reshaping the California state party.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr Frijoles 68,909
clint 7 hr ubietron 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 9 hr Donny B 7,922
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) 22 hr Plain Simple 16
clint Tue ubietron 1
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Tue roensoledad 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info