Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
190,061 - 190,080 of 200,564 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually write this stuff yourself? It sounds like you're a foreigner speaking broken English.
Oh yes mister Nazi don't address the subject just throw hate filled rants and attacks...

GROW UP EXCEPT FREEDOM AND EQUALITY OR MOVE TO IRAN TRAITOR.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
No you DON'T!!!!! YOU get mad when people follow the proper procedures and put a proposal on a ballot and vote! IF YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO VOTE MOVE TO NORTH KOREA......COMMIE.
FOR LAST TIME HITLER..........YOU CAN NOT VOTE TO TAKE AWAY OR KEEP AWAY ANYONES CIVIL RIGHTS..........time to read and learn idiot. ALL THE STATE BANS ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL...That is a 1000000000000000% fact!!!!!!!!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a "charge" you delusional idiot...it's called an opinion. Your opinion.
You might have another opinion that the world's leading economists use throwing bones to determine future values of commodities for all I know. And that would constitute an opinion as well.
LOL!!!
Tom and Jerry didn't want kids. They were too hedonistic and only wanted fast cars, boats and parties with movie stars.
No different than some childless heterosexual couples.
HOWEVER...some gay couples want and have children who grow up healthy and well balanced.
Of course in your sicko perfect world these same kids need to be kept in foster homes and cold orphanages given the percentage of criminals and suicides has fallen to an all time low.
LOL!!!!
You're an idiot.
I bet any foster kid out there would love two daddies rather than having a new set of parents every other God damned month.
"Tom and Jerry"???!!!!!! THEY'RE CARTOON CHARACTERS!
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

laughing man wrote:
<quoted text>
Wave that flag, NAMBLA boi.
Funny how you far righters are the only ones who ever bring up the nasty vile evil pedo and nambla crap...

Think it is time to report you to the police to be watched...You Nazi pigs do tend to be evil.
Old Joe

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Four months ago, U.S. District Court Judge Murray Snow ruled that Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s immigration-enforcement efforts had violated the constitutional rights of thousands of Latinos.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>You Nazi pigs do tend to be evil.
The feeling is mutual, Achmed.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
FOR LAST TIME HITLER..........YOU CAN NOT VOTE TO TAKE AWAY OR KEEP AWAY ANYONES CIVIL RIGHTS..........time to read and learn idiot. ALL THE STATE BANS ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL...That is a 1000000000000000% fact!!!!!!!!!!
All caps, Achmed????

You're a frickin' genius!

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I served this nation for 12 years in our armed forces..
You traitors just rant and have nothing..WALK AWAY YOU LOST.
You served? Pity that you have no clue just what the country you claim to have served is all about.
Slitted Right wingers

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Quick someone get me the "Red Cross" to help prevent so many BIG FAT MOUTHED Republican's and Tea Party members from committing suicide when thy speak.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who signed up or did not fight there drafting for that war was wrong.
Better to die a good person then murder people in the name of profit for the rich.
Don't know much about history, do you?

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Actually gays who "demand" children (where you got this line of bullshit is your own) can most often times get them.
And "considered for marriage"...no shitforbrains...in many states they're already past that point and allowed marriage. Nice play on words for you yet again loser but as always you got busted.
Straight couples are really no different than gay couples. The only real reason we describe them as such is due to the current prejudicial climate caused by morons like you. In time once gays can marry nationwide they'll be described for what they simply are....a married couple.
Disagree??
Well it's not exactly common for many outside of the Aryan Nations to go spouting off about a "Black and white marriage" now is it stupid?
As far as you liking to snicker, smile, grin, chatter or pull tufts of hair out of the left side of your head it's just a sign you're batshit crazy you silly little twitchy thing.
LOL!!!
Donny,

You are a pothead, aren't you?

1. The line is,'children are not required for marriage'.

2. Ss couples are labeled such, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME SEX.

For ss couples to be equated to marriage, the demand is that children be removed from consideration to equate ss couples to marriage, and that mother and father be removed to equate ss couples to family.

That is plain and simple denial.

Idiot.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Slitted Right wingers wrote:
Quick someone get me the "Red Cross" to help prevent so many BIG FAT MOUTHED Republican's and Tea Party members from committing suicide when thy speak.
Bend over and terrorize yourself, shitferbrains.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

-The Doctor_ wrote:
<quoted text>Wow,you gay left butters really stoop lower than a bean in a frying pan. You actually want idiots like you to think that gays have a mono-idealistic thought.
Famous gay actor, Rupert Evert, although in a gay partnership, opposes same sex adoption and thinks it is harmful. Talk show host and gay, Al Rentell opposes same sex marriage, and I have met many more who oppose it. There are over 150,000 ex-gays in America alone and they mostly have spoken out against SSM.
I have an idea I hear that in ....in ....in .....dang, you all are not wanted anywhere and us 98% straights do not want you polluting us and our children. Dang, go to Russia, you might learn civility and decency. Since, you hate this country and the constitution, it might do you good to go to Russia and try to hate their constitution.
There is no such thing as an "ex" gay. Everyone dies with the sexual orientation they were born with. And even if some few gays are opposed to SSM or adoption, that does not change the basic facts regarding civil rights.
laughing man

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as an "ex" gay. Everyone dies with the sexual orientation they were born with. And even if some few gays are opposed to SSM or adoption, that does not change the basic facts regarding civil rights.
There's that "civil rights" astroturf again. Is Soros paying for all that?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

-The Doctor_ wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, I mean, IF those Latinos were Americans. If not, then Judge Murray was just another activist judge who simply misapplied the US constitution. I wonder if Murray thinks that illegal immigrants should be given the right to vote. Or perhaps all Mexicans in Mexico and all Canadians should have the right to vote in US American elections.
Yup, how can non-Americans demand American rights??? Only American citizens can demand American constitutional rights.
Texas baggers

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Send that worthless goober of a idiot, Rick Perry back to the hills where he came from.

Wendy Davis burst onto the political scene in pink tennis shoes last June. But as the Democrat announced her campaign for Texas governor on Thursday, she’ll need some pretty rugged hiking boots to climb the uphill political path ahead of her.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I NEVER SHOT ANYONE. Now how many babies and women did you kill in Nam you demon????
How many babies were killed by all sides by aerial bombing in WWII? Do you say what you say to Frankie, to WWII vets?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends on how that civil right is defined. Marriage, the legally recognized union of one man and one woman as husband and wife, is a civil right based on that union. Change the union, change the right. So when does it no longer become a civil right? Is SSM a civil right? Plural marriage? Incest?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
FOR THE LAST TIME YOU COMMIE....YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY THE PEOPLE'S RIGHT TO VOTE!!!! Or put proposals on a ballot TO BE VOTED ON! IF you don't like it.......MOVE TO NORTH KOREA!!!!!!!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???
There's only one Tom...and only one Jerry???
I didn't know...
LOL!!!
As far as the 'Tom and Jerry Show' that is a cartoon.
Two stars for the little boy up front.
Okay that's a little better....but lately Don Con....your insults have gotten lame......c'mon you can do better that that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 68,916
clint 16 hr ubietron 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 18 hr Donny B 7,922
Mills brothers face new lawsuits over loans (Nov '08) Tue Plain Simple 16
clint Tue ubietron 1
MONTEREY HERALD LOSS monterey bay, monterey cit... Tue roensoledad 2
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Tue matches lighters 15,961
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info