Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,371)

Showing posts 187,401 - 187,420 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>I personally lived in West Hollywood and never once met anyone who DECIDED to "become gay". The common scenario was people who were struggling with being accepted for who they are (gay) in their hometown in other parts of the country moved there to be around people did accepted them for who they are. They didn't move there to become gay.
So you were the Rodeo Dr. side of town, yup, no street kids there.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not interested in arguing semantics with you. Ignored.
Oh so sorry, you had no spin on that one?

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

FACT: Gay people can now legally get married in the state of California. Have a nice day.
Flounders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Flounders make a smacking sound before they die

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Oh so sorry, you had no spin on that one?
I have a response but will not be posting it because your only goal is to twist the words and add things which were not there. And, frankly, I'm not interesting in getting into a debate in which the argument is about who said what. Have a nice day.
Flounders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Those dead heads who keep posting an clogging up the works got to be Republican/tea party muggles.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
FACT: Gay people can now legally get married in the state of California. Have a nice day.
FACT: we already know that. Have a gay day.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Incorrect. You are in denial about the realities of the world we currently live in. Sorry you're struggling with that so much. Hope you get better soon.
OH please, be specific. What did I say that is untrue???
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is.
Kills both heterosexuals and gays.
I also heard it kills monkeys so you might want to watch over your family and keep them safe as well.
True, but the method of injection is diferent. Also bisexuals are to blame, but it all starts with the homo.
Gustavo

San Pedro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Agent_SHIELDS wrote:
<quoted text>This is the truth.
The gay cult knows that between 71-77% of Americans reject same sex marriage and 95% of the world rejects it.
They do not want the people to vote on the issue. Recently, LAMBDA and the LGBT rejected a same sex marriage initiative in Arizona for the 2014 ballot. They said that it would expose how America really feels. They said that their current strategy of offering sexual favors to justices, AGs and governors is an individual route they can take. Their motto is "slowly but steady, one butt at a time, they all have to come to the public toilets eventually."
Well they are trying to change the toilet issue around too

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Just about everything you say is untrue. You think your bigoted opinions are gospel. Fortunately, you have no power here, so it's irrelevant.

Troll on, KiMerde.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

A 19-year Air Force veteran who was relieved of his duties because he disagreed with his openly gay commander over gay marriage is now facing a formal investigation after he told me his story.

Senior Master Sgt. Phillip Monk found himself at odds with his Lackland Air Force Base commander after he objected to her plans to severely punish an instructor who had expressed religious objections to homosexuality. During the conversation, his commander ordered him to share his personal views on homosexuality.

“I was relieved of my position because I don’t agree with my commander’s position on gay marriage,” he told me.“We’ve been told that if you publicly say that homosexuality is wrong, you are in violation of Air Force policy.”

In one of her first meetings with Monk, the commander expressed concern about the chaplain who would deliver the benediction at her promotion ceremony.

“She said she wanted a chaplain but objected to one particular chaplain that she called a bigot because he preached that homosexuality is a sin,” Monk said.

After he was relieved of his duties, the Liberty Institute filed a religious discrimination complaint on his behalf.

Last week, Monk was supposed to meet with an Air Force investigator tasked with gathering facts about the complaint. But when he arrived, Monk was immediately read his Miranda Rights and accused of providing false statements in a conversation Monk had with me.

“I immediately got the sense that this was retaliation against me for coming forward with my religious discrimination complaint,” he said.

The accusations against Monk are a court-martial offense in the Air Force – and it’s quite possible that the 19-year veteran with a spotless record could be booted out of the military because of his Christian beliefs.

And he’s not the only Christian at Lackland Air Force Base facing persecution for opposing gay marriage, according to Monk’s pastor.

Steve Branson is the pastor of Village Parkway Baptist Church, about five miles from the Air Force base. He tells me that as many as a half dozen of his church members are currently facing persecution on the base for their religious beliefs.

“Sgt. Monk is just the tip of the iceberg,” the pastor tells me.“Anyone who doesn’t hold to the right view on homosexuality is having a very difficult time.”

Pastor Branson told me Monk is an outstanding member of the congregation.

“One of the finest men I’ve ever met in my life,” he said.“He lost his job because of what he thought. He’s paying the price.”

Monk tells me Christians are trading places with homosexuals.

“Christians have to go into the closet,” he said.“We are being robbed of our dignity and respect. We can’t be who we are.”

I asked Sgt. Monk why he just couldn’t keep quiet knowing that the Obama administration has staffed the Pentagon with anti-Christian civilians. Why risk getting booted out of the military?

Sgt. Monk told me he decided to take a stand for his three teenage sons.

“Every night after dinner we read the Bible together,” he said.“I tell the boys we’ve got a lot of stuff going on in this world and we need people to stand up. My boys know what I’m going through. They are looking at me – wanting to know how I’m going to handle this.”

He said the Monk family has a “family ethos.”

“The Monk family will be strong in mind, strong in soul, they will have strong character and strong work ethic,” he said.“That is the ethos of our family. That’s what I hope they see in me.”
He hopes his boys will see “a man who stands upright and stands for integrity.”

Sadly, those values are no longer seen as virtuous in a military that’s been turned into a social-engineering petri dish.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/09/06/air ...

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I would need to re-post over 16,000 posts in order to fully answer that question. Frankly, I don't have time.

“8 point Buck”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

I see what your doing here you folks only want gays to infest our country.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Jeffy 11 wrote:
I see what your doing here you folks only want gays to infest our country.
That comment made no sense as written. To whom was it directed? Who is "you folks"? What is meant by "infest"? Please elaborate and then perhaps others will be able to engage in discussion after you clarify what you are attempting to say. Thanks and have a nice day!
Flounders

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Flounders never quit, they just flounder along and along.
31 cities

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Just found this, what a great piece.

Many SGV cities are experiencing the same problem too!

September 15, 2013 - Sunday.

Once there were many supporter's of the Current "Stalinists Dictator's" of Glendora, California.

Like Communism it's only enriches a few, top cadre member's of a secret society. But like Communism it to is BIG LIE, thus those who are in power were the finest liars Glendora, California could produce.

Not many stand by these Communists anymore, for they have laid waste to Glendora of old and only caused much pain and rancor for the majority of old and new Glendoran's to live through.

Shuster's like: Chris Jeffers, D. Wayne Leech, Jeff Kugel, Dave Davies, Valarie Escalante's, Douglas Tessitor, Judy Nelson, Joseph Santoro, Karen Davis and Gene Murabito.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Play games elsewhere.
Those that have been in here can clearly see your position even when you're too balless to back past posts.
LOL!!!
GAAAWD DAMN you're dumber than a wet bag of hair Ricky.
Playing games is what you do debsuellen. You are the one too balless to post all those claims you make. LOL!!!

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Suzanne and Debbie Sue....take note!!!
??????????
WTF???
LOL!!!!
Keep playing dumb, you are good at it. LOL!!!!

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't come up with how does one "become" gay dimwit.
You sound worried.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 187,401 - 187,420 of199,087
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search