Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
186,761 - 186,780 of 200,565 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Definition of civil (adj)
Bing Dictionary
civˇil [ sívv'l ] 1.polite: polite, but in a way that is cold and formal
2.relating to citizens: relating to what happens within a state or between different citizens or groups of citizens
3.not military: connected with ordinary citizens and organizations as opposed to the armed forces
O.K. got the definition of civil?? Let me know.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should SSM be banned or not legal? Remember leave religion out of it..Only civil reason.
Definition of civil (adj)
Bing Dictionary
civˇil [ sívv'l ] 1.polite: polite, but in a way that is cold and formal
2.relating to citizens: relating to what happens within a state or between different citizens or groups of citizens
3.not military: connected with ordinary citizens and organizations as opposed to the armed forces
O.K. got the definition of civil?? Let me know.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
So discrimination is the path to follow. Just like segregation.
Is any "discrimination" acceptable regarding marriage?
I bet Grandpappy Armando was screaming that blacks had the same ability to go to school, drink at water fountains and ride on the bus as whites but they had to follow the rules and do so only where it was labeled "colored only" back in 1955.
No....he was too concerened with being called a "wop", "dago", and "greaser".
No one is "redefining marriage" you dolt.
Oh sure....let's just eliminate "husband and wife" from the definition and say its not a redefinition.....right.....
. We recognize it for what it is - a legal union of 2 adults who found a mutual attraction to each other, love and a willingness to commit.
Great for a Hallmark card....not as a compelling state interest.
The fact you and others want to limit it to those you approve of is nothing more than discrimination dumbshit.
So is the ban on siblings marrying, and plural marriage. Go for it Donny....let's get rid of all "discrimination dumb ship".
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Oh I can't wait, I can feel his frustration and grief. Hear(here) it is bonehead. Queer sex is immoral, civilly immoral thanks to you. Society ,not religion as you have asked, decides moral behavior morˇal
adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or concerned with the principles or rules of right conduct or the distinction between right and wrong; ethical: moral attitudes.
2. expressing or conveying truths or counsel as to right conduct, as a speaker or a literary work.
3. founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.
4. capable of conforming to the rules of right conduct: a moral being.
5. conforming to the rules of right conduct (opposed to immoral ): a moral man.
See,no religion, no government, THE PEOPLE (and where have I herd(heard)that before???Even today, the majority of people deem homo sex as immoral. They may tolerate it but it is still deemed immoral by society. Put you're (your)juice in a sippy cup, go and cry yourself a good nap.Hook.line,sinker.
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

You got thrown back, too small. Grow up I'll catch you again.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is that abortion justifies deadly inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning anal sex?
What about outlawing them both as barbaric uncivilized behavior???
Duh...
Anal sex involves consenting adults. Abortion involves a fetus that has no say in the matter. I would think even a great moron such as yourself could see that.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>I know, kinda hurt my feelings to tap him down a notch.(not really) Check out duhs posts,(there) they're priceless.
Duh says "your" dumb to me all the time. The irony escapes him.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
But in the end?
A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
You can't do a damn thing to change it.
Smirk.
We don't care to change it. We like being duplicate-gendered couples. We aren't sterile in the true sense of the word, but I get your point. We tend to have fewer children in our homes compared to heterosexuals.

That doesn't bother me. Why does it bother you so much? Why do you care if two men or two women decide to get together and become married?

There have been thousands (tens of thousands?) of gay marriages over the past decade or so. And I see that you're still married. You're capable of getting on here and rant. So gay marriages have had no impact on your life.

Unless... Did your son get married to a man? Is he looking to get married to a guy? Is he dating one?

Maybe that's why you're so bothered by all of this.
Posted Here

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

If it's not worth repeating or posting anywhere else then is OK to leave it here, that's an Order!
Denier

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

http://site.pfaw.org/site/R ...

Just in case you forgot:

* Cuccinelli said gay people have no souls.

* He compared immigration policy to pest control.

* He is, no exaggeration, as anti-choice as Todd Akin, Trent
Franks or any right-wing zealot out there.

* A global warming denier, he led a witch hunt against a climate
scientist.

* As attorney general, he's repeatedly set the standard for
Tea Party obstruction at the state-level of health care reform
and other federal law hated by the Far Right.

Randy Borntrager, Political Director
Gustavo

Highland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
MARRIAGE IS NOT ABOUT CHILDREN.....Now tell me how two men marrying each other effects you or anyone outside that marriage...
STFU ... you've been told many times how it will affect normal citizens. We don't want to pay extra for your special needs, like unisex toilets etc.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow your stupid. Yes bad dangerous things should be illegal...
NOW TELL ME HOW SSM IS DANGEROUS OR BAD.....Not using religion since using religion for law or rule is against the Constitution....
What's the compelling state interest in its legal recognition?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't care to change it. We like being duplicate-gendered couples. We aren't sterile in the true sense of the word, but I get your point. We tend to have fewer children in our homes compared to heterosexuals.
That doesn't bother me. Why does it bother you so much? Why do you care if two men or two women decide to get together and become married?
There have been thousands (tens of thousands?) of gay marriages over the past decade or so. And I see that you're still married. You're capable of getting on here and rant. So gay marriages have had no impact on your life.
Unless... Did your son get married to a man? Is he looking to get married to a guy? Is he dating one?
Maybe that's why you're so bothered by all of this.
By that reasoning any number of relationships could be designated "marriage". Why only same sex?
Posted Here

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Quick get me another post-it, I'm running out of ink.
Sports wagon

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Just in case you forgot:

* Cuccinelli said gay people have no souls.

* He compared immigration policy to pest control.

* He is, no exaggeration, as anti-choice as Todd Akin, Trent
Franks or any right-wing zealot out there.

* A global warming denier, he led a witch hunt against a climate
scientist.

* As attorney general, he's repeatedly set the standard for
Tea Party obstruction at the state-level of health care reform
and other federal law hated by the Far Right.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
By that reasoning any number of relationships could be designated "marriage". Why only same sex?
And that is the big money question none of these silly jackasses has ever been able to answer. All they say is we are a hateful bigots for asking it. Cute.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex involves consenting adults. Abortion involves a fetus that has no say in the matter. I would think even a great moron such as yourself could see that.
You still attempted to justify one harmful act by citing a worse. Childish and idiotic.

Now you want to excuse a harmful act because consenting adults do it.
it.

Oh, and then not discuss how foolish it is to equate with the intimacy of marriage!

The depraved moron is you.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>And you say I don't get it? You have no idea about the statement that you are answering to.
you have no idea about the topic or the conversation.

go back and play outside on that dirt road that runs alongside your house. the farmers will be comeing home soon with their tractors - that means dinner time is soon. better go wash up, too, while you're at it.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry honey, its not the law , but brother is it an opinion. Your calling a scientific fact one only exposes you are blonde.
you're stating your opinion which has nothing to do with the law.

good luck.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You still attempted to justify one harmful act by citing a worse. Childish and idiotic.
Now you want to excuse a harmful act because consenting adults do it.
it.
Oh, and then not discuss how foolish it is to equate with the intimacy of marriage!
The depraved moron is you.
Anal sex is an act that has risks just as driving. And let's not forget that vaginal sex has risks too. So many women and women transmit HPV back and forth--even in marriage.

The CDC says that "HPV is so common that nearly all sexually-active men and women get it at some point in their lives. This is true even for people who only have sex with one person in their lifetime".

As you're aware, HPV can cause any number of issues, including cancer. WebMD reports "...virtually all cervical cancers -- more than 99%-- are caused by these high-risk HPV viruses". The American Cancer Society predicts that about 12,170 women will find out they have cervical cancer in the U.S. this year.

There's only one sure way to eliminate any chance of HPV infection: Avoid all genital contact with another person. Should we outlaw heterosexual vaginal sex?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE