Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
186,061 - 186,080 of 200,328 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Sophist

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

A U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer at Los Angeles International Airport has been arrested in connection with what federal agents say was a sophisticated

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes it does, but it is not marriage and has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. the blue lipped mussel also exists...
Honestly Woody, do you think people married before the state started issuing licenses?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay marriage does exist.
Good for you.
What do you want on your pizza.
Of course happy marriage exists, why wouldn't it? More vino?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shit.....'Grazie Don Screwy-lione'.
Not THAT!!!
Now....just exactly WTF does it mean???
World Trade Federation?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget... Contemporary society does not have to rest on the shoulders of history. We are a progressive species. Since the Age of Enlightenment, we have been marching toward equality for all men and women. Marriage equality and civil rights for the LGBT community is just another step to that end.
I realize that there are those who believe we must always have a toe in the past. You like tradition. I get that.
But as you well know, your enjoyment of tradition does not get to stop my enjoyment of progression.
If you could just lie with the fact that you can't inflict yourself onto the rest of society, I'm sure you'll be happier and we'll be happier.
"In the End", buttman, butt out.
Is it "progression" or simply a passing phase? Why hasn't SSM sustained itself? SSSB is not new, nor is recognized same sex unions, albeit I limited in time and place. Yet SSM never took root to the point where it was self sustaining within the society that allowed it. Are we to think it will now?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you are running away from proving you are for marriage equality once again, huh?
i have given clear examples showing you do not really support it, such as you approving of posts that call it unequal.
why can you not back up your lies, francis?
you have been caught out as the liar you are by your own disingenuity...
run away again, little old man...
Nope. I'm right here. Standing by what I said. I have no need to prove anything to you.

I find it amusing that you think you can order me to prove my loyalty as a distraction (straw man) because you have no other argument.

Even if I was lying about supporting marriage equality (Why would I do that?) you still have no argument. It's a non issue.

I am for marriage equality. Are you? Prove it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Ya see, that's where the screw up is, if they had just gone and admitted it was a disorder instead of a conscious decision, the medical industry would have had a wetfart load of money coming in to correct it. The reason there is so much money fighting cigarettes is NOT because of the tobacco, it's because of the CANCER caused by the smokers doing themselves in. They don't blame the smokers anymore, they blame the cigarettes. If the gays had admitted it was a disorder all the rest of us would still be footing the bill for their 'disorder'. Thank you gays.
but it is not a disorder. you seem confused on so many facts... the reason there is so much money fighting cigarettes is there is so much money made selling cigarettes. it has nothing to do with 10% or so of smokers that get cancer...

try to talk about things you actually understand. perhaps you do some knitting in your spare time? talk about that...
Frinzy

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

The only other word other than SWINE that sends Taliban-Muslims in to a frenzy is the word DRONE.

Drone strike kills Taliban commander linked to kidnap of US soldier, let him and the other six bacon bits that were killed enjoy themselves.

All missiles that strike Taliban-Muslim crazy's are require to be tipped with SWINE bacon bits, helps them find the right target.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I'm right here. Standing by what I said. I have no need to prove anything to you.
I find it amusing that you think you can order me to prove my loyalty as a distraction (straw man) because you have no other argument.
Even if I was lying about supporting marriage equality (Why would I do that?) you still have no argument. It's a non issue.
I am for marriage equality. Are you? Prove it.
the question is, why WOULDN'T you want to say it. you claim you support marriage equality..even thought your posts do not seem to back that up, as i clearly pointed out...why wouldn't you want to clear up the confusion your own words have made.

because it is a ruse, you attempt to use this polygamy gambit and when it backfired on you, you can not back up your own words... sad...run away some more, little old man...at least you and the other dinosaurs like you will be dead soon...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Err...
....yeah...I guess...
(?????????
Aw you know what I mean. Give us some of that silly Dan talk like when you try to pass yourself off as intelligent. "Given it falls against Constitutional thought and perseveres no viable harm ..." Silly stuff like that. You sometimes throw Macy's basement or a hot rod or other silly sh!t in there.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
There exists a right....and a wrong.
You can straddle that fence if you want. Given your chickenshit nature I can see how it fits your makeup.
You can't see sh!t. You're stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask me why I even waste the time to interact with brain dead losers like yourself.
No. For future reference, don't bother to tell me what to do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
You're into playing games.
About now you'll bring in polygamy.
Funny thing about polygamy - it in itself is a separate format and you have yet to prove you're for it given there is no other source for your supposed support of Mormon Moe marrying 4 women outside of your empty posts in here.
You're a loser friend. When you die your obituary will consist of 2 lines in the local paper provided your real name is long enough.
Polygamy shouldn't be allowed because Frankie's obit will only be two lines.

Great argument you have there. Tell it to the judge. Frustrated?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the question is, why WOULDN'T you want to say it. you claim you support marriage equality..even thought your posts do not seem to back that up, as i clearly pointed out...why wouldn't you want to clear up the confusion your own words have made.
because it is a ruse, you attempt to use this polygamy gambit and when it backfired on you, you can not back up your own words... sad...run away some more, little old man...at least you and the other dinosaurs like you will be dead soon...
I have never run away from you,and nothing has backfired on me. You are a liar.

Poly marriage deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. You are a hypocrite. I support marriage equality and you do not.

Marriage. There is no one right way.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poly marriage deserves the same respect and consideration as same sex marriage. You are a hypocrite. I support marriage equality and you do not.
yet you still did not say same sex marriage is totally and wholly equal to opposite sex marriage, why is that? it would seem a very simple thing to say if you really did, in fact, support marriage equality...

c'mon, just say it like you mean it...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
yet in the very same post you say you have never run away, you do run away from what you cannot state honestly...

again...

sad that you cannot even see how you prove yourself wrong with your lies...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie,
...you're just no fun when you drink.
I gotta sack out soon. Do what I advised. Hit GNC and get some vitamin B. It'll do you good, no shit.
Take care - Dan
Yeah sure. Run off now before I humiliate you further, loser. Good plan.
R Sick O

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Rizzo or is it Pizzo?

Why don't you wash your underwear more often, you stink and you offend.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm..one guy sucks the dick of the other till he cums in his mouth, you know, like most heterosexual couples have sex...
Sounds like heterosex to me. NOT!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet in the very same post you say you have never run away, you do run away from what you cannot state honestly...
again...
sad that you cannot even see how you prove yourself wrong with your lies...
The thing you don't understand is, I don't care if you believe me or not. Please try to get that through your thick head. You are pulling a straw man argument because you lost our argument on the topic. I will not take your loyalty test. Your paranoia is irrelevant.

I'm wrong because I'm lying about supporting SSM? Just what is your point? Please get to it. Your desperation has become very tedious.

When we cut through all your diversionary bullsh!t, I support marriage equality and you do not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••