Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#214872 Sep 7, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that would be the proper way to define marriage throughout the nation. If that is what one desires to do, and 3/4th's of the States agree. Try reading the Constitution, you might be surprised by what's in it, though I bet you would be even more surprised by what isn't..
<quoted text>
30%? You aren't any better at math than you are at law. It's 26%. 28% if you think DC really matters.
<quoted text>
Right may in fact be right, but your right may not be the right of another- this country used to provide us the freedom to choose.
My 30% quote is a figure is a factual statement. The other numbers include:

--Over 41% of the U.S. population lives in a state with either marriage or a broad legal status such as civil union or domestic partnership.
--Over 43% of the U.S. population lives in a state that provides some form of protections for gay couples.

RE: your comment about the freedom to choose... We have made a choice. And the choice that people are making is that same-sex couples should have the right to marry and the LGBT citizens should be treated equally under the law.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#214873 Sep 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has never stopped a horrific list of behaviors. But it did calling ss couples married?
It appears that most of Europe is worried about being overrun by religious fundamentalism.
There is nothing horrific about being gay.

And I guess you're talking about Europe's fear of Muslims. Is it a rational fear that is based in fact? Or is it just a bunch of people who spend way too much time believing that they have the right to inflict themselves onto other people?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#214874 Sep 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go justifying anal abuse again.
Yes, I justify it. And you are fascinated with it.

I am not trying to force people to have anal sex. See how that works? I'm not trying to inflict my personal beliefs onto anyone.

You, however, are trying to force people to stop having anal sex. You're attempting to impose your personal beliefs onto others.

That's the difference between you and me.

You think you know what's best for everyone and I think people are pretty much capable of deciding for themselves.

Good luck on your anti-ass mission. I can't wait to see what kind of poem you create for your campaign.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#214875 Sep 7, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
My 30% quote is a figure is a factual statement. The other numbers include:
--Over 41% of the U.S. population lives in a state with either marriage or a broad legal status such as civil union or domestic partnership.
--Over 43% of the U.S. population lives in a state that provides some form of protections for gay couples.
RE: your comment about the freedom to choose... We have made a choice. And the choice that people are making is that same-sex couples should have the right to marry and the LGBT citizens should be treated equally under the law.
There's a contradiction in that last paragraph. Are you arguing for SSCs to marry, technically to have their relationships called "marriage", or BGLT folks to be treated equally under the law? To be treated equally would imply same treatment. Thus a lesbian woman and a straight woman should be treated the same regardless of sexual attraction.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#214876 Sep 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a contradiction in that last paragraph. Are you arguing for SSCs to marry, technically to have their relationships called "marriage", or BGLT folks to be treated equally under the law? To be treated equally would imply same treatment. Thus a lesbian woman and a straight woman should be treated the same regardless of sexual attraction.
I'm arguing both issues... Gay people should be able to marry the consenting, unrelated, adult that they choose--just like heterosexuals. And LGBT people should be able to go to work, get housing, and not face legal discrimination based on their orientation.

As you probably know, many states have no laws that would prevent an employer from firing a person simply because he or she is gay. They can come right out and say, "We have learned that you are homosexual. Our company's founder is a Christian (so-called). And he/she does not want gay people to interact with customers. Your services are no longer required here, please leave the premises."

You can be denied housing and a variety of many other services simply because a provider learns of your orientation.

This kind of blatant discrimination should not be tolerated and should be illegal. You couldn't do it to a black person or a woman or a person in a wheelchair. Why should you be able to do it to a gay person?
Bad Wallstreet

Monrovia, CA

#214877 Sep 7, 2013
Bank of America has agreed to pay $39 million to settle a gender bias lawsuit by female brokers

The suit claims they were paid less than men and deprived of their fair share of lucrative accounts, September 06, 2013..
Nonsense

Monrovia, CA

#214880 Sep 7, 2013
Glendora's planning department and city manager must be on a real drunken binge to have even allowed this type of construction to continue.

Replacing homes with homes makes nosense since the land is already occupied.

Start filling up the buildings in Glendora that are still sitting vacant.

The cities employees in city hall keep allow builder's to build JUNK in Glendora, California that no one wants to buy or use.
Greg Kirschmann

Burlington, WI

#214883 Sep 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There are nearly 200 countries currently in the world.
The 92% of the world population opposes calling ss couples married.
Not ONE single culture has ever called ss couples married from start to finish. Every single culture has recognized marriage.
You were saying...
Which is it, 92% or not one single culture?

Corporations are people too, after all.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214886 Sep 7, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm arguing both issues... Gay people should be able to marry the consenting, unrelated, adult that they choose--just like heterosexuals. And LGBT people should be able to go to work, get housing, and not face legal discrimination based on their orientation.
As you probably know, many states have no laws that would prevent an employer from firing a person simply because he or she is gay. They can come right out and say, "We have learned that you are homosexual. Our company's founder is a Christian (so-called). And he/she does not want gay people to interact with customers. Your services are no longer required here, please leave the premises."
You can be denied housing and a variety of many other services simply because a provider learns of your orientation.
This kind of blatant discrimination should not be tolerated and should be illegal. You couldn't do it to a black person or a woman or a person in a wheelchair. Why should you be able to do it to a gay person?
Why "unrelated"? What harm would it cause you if I married my sister? Don't try to tell me we are already related. So are first cousins yet they are allowed to marry in many states.

Are you a hypocrite?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214887 Sep 7, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Err...
...men don't have hymens. Just an FYI.
Funny...
...many straight marriages are "sterile". Are they then not married??
"Duplicate gendered"??? LOL!!! As long as there are 2 consenting adults in the marriage it's complete. How and when they find intimacy is no more your business than if you were to beat on the door of your 80 something year old neighbors and inquire if they use more than 4 Viagra pills a week.
Children are better off in a loving family than one in which mom and dad think their offspring are nothing more than moving piņatas. These kids can identify with nurturing,love and caring, all qualities gay parents can possess as equally as straight parents.
Hey - it's your opinion gays cannot form marriages.
We get it. Stupid opinion but you own it.
Err...
...you are a big dope. Just an FYI.
Funny...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214888 Sep 7, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
.
We can utilize eloquent language in an attempt to look elegant as well sister;

LOL!!!!
No you can't. You're barely literate. Your attempts at eloquence are laughable sister.
Non city

Monrovia, CA

#214889 Sep 7, 2013
Why des the city of Glendora, California continue to build C R A P style housing?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214890 Sep 7, 2013
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>

Same sex marriages bring forth the basic fundamentalism which the sanctity and union of marriage acknowledges as it's crux and base in that gay unions also hold the integral elements of mutual attraction, intimacy and the willingness to commit to a legally binding agreement formatted on a two party grouping of adults which in no way is dependent on procreation given that individual facet is not a requirement towards the obtainment of a recognized joining of the dual parties involved.
--DAMN!!!

LOL!!!!
It's so funny when you attempt eloquence. Do it some more! "crux and base" "binding agreement formatted" "individual facet" "obtainment of a recognized joining of the dual parties involved."

YUK!YUK!YUK! You're killin' us! "...the basic fundamentalism which is the sanctity.." "two party grouping of adults" Too funny!

YUK!YUK!YUK! LOL!!!!--DAMN!!!
Lunnden

Monrovia, CA

#214891 Sep 7, 2013
Have thee two idiots gotten lose again and stating trouble for the residents of Glendora, California?

Why of course they are!

Federal laws dictates that EVERY city must provide a certain percentage of low income housing. Hopefully, Glendora will keep that in mind in this situation.

Trying to bulldoze low wage peoples again, sounds more like what D. Wayne Leech, Gene Murabito and Douglas Tessitor like to do in their spare time (slip sliding shankers).

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#214892 Sep 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why "unrelated"? What harm would it cause you if I married my sister? Don't try to tell me we are already related. So are first cousins yet they are allowed to marry in many states.
Are you a hypocrite?
it is funny when you call others hypocrites....you pester others for their support of marriage equality, yet when you are asked to show your support marriage equality, you run away...

seems you are the proven hypocrite here!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214893 Sep 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is funny when you call others hypocrites....you pester others for their support of marriage equality, yet when you are asked to show your support marriage equality, you run away...
seems you are the proven hypocrite here!
You have proven nothing except your own hypocrisy.

I support marriage equality and you do not. You are lying about your support for polygamy and incest marriage.
Park an Ride

Monrovia, CA

#214894 Sep 7, 2013
Both Jeff Kugel and Jeff Jeffers are allowed free seats to roaster in hell.

Who are these two candidates for this prestigious honor?

They are Jeff Jeffers and Jeff Kugel two long time associates from another city they destroyed together.

Neither care about the residents, just the end results. If that be the case then Glendora, California and any other city that had employed them got the dirty end of the stick.

Neither one of them is a exemplary employee, just average Ho Hum. get along a 9 to 5 err.

Works just hard enough for their own paycheck and that's it.

So their best attribute is steam rolling over long time resident's to finish a project. Park & Ride.
Park an Ride

Monrovia, CA

#214895 Sep 7, 2013
Come to think about it, Jeff Kugel and Jeff Jeffers are only good for planning park & Ride lots.
Park an Ride

Monrovia, CA

#214896 Sep 7, 2013
Both Jeff Kugel and Jeff Jeffers are allowed free seats to roaster in hell.

Who are these two candidates for this prestigious honor?

They are Jeff Jeffers and Jeff Kugel two long time associates from another city they destroyed together.

Neither care about the residents, just the end results. If that be the case then Glendora, California and any other city that had employed them got the dirty end of the stick.

Neither one of them is a exemplary employee, just average Ho Hum. get along a 9 to 5 err.

Works just hard enough for their own paycheck and that's it.

So their best attribute is steam rolling over long time resident's to finish a project.

Like Park & Rides.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214897 Sep 7, 2013
It seems Woodtick's whole argument is "Frankie runs away!"

Woodtick is a moron with no real argument. And he is also a liar, I have never "ran away".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 23 hr JOEL 70,615
Hello Mon Clint 1
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Nov 21 Kerry Jones 29
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 19 ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:09 am PST