Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201887 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#214837 Sep 6, 2013
Jess wrote:
Woohoo!!
Woo hoo is right.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#214838 Sep 6, 2013
Greg Kirschmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Same Sex Marriage....
Argentina
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark:
· Denmark proper
France
Iceland
Mexico:1
· DF, QR, CH
Netherlands:
· Netherlands proper
New Zealand:
· New Zealand proper
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom:
· England & Wales†
United States:
· CA, CT, DC, DE, IA,
· MA, MD, ME, MN, NH,
· NM (8 counties),2
· NY, RI, VT, WA, 5 tribes
Uruguay
don't confuse Kimare with real world facts...
Attribute

Covina, CA

#214839 Sep 6, 2013
Both Jeff Kugel and Jeff Jeffers are allowed free seats to roaster in hell.

Who are these two candidates for this prestigious honor?

They are Jeff Jeffers and Jeff Kugel two long time associates from another city they destroyed together.

Neither care about the residents, just the end results. If that be the case then Glendora, California and any other city that had employed them got the dirty end of the stick.

Neither one of them is a exemplary employee, just average Ho Hum. get along a 9 to 5 err.

Works just hard enough for their own paycheck and that's it.

So their best attribute is steam rolling over long time resident's to finish a project.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#214840 Sep 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey how's it hanging Frankie?
One a little lower than the other. As usual. No shortage of jackasses lately!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#214841 Sep 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
How's Prop 8 doing? ROTFLMAO
Prop 8 going down was a victory for polygamy too. LMAO! YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#214844 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i am not, i have clearly stated that i am for marriage equality. you have not done so...
why are you a hypocrite?
Yes I have many times. You are a liar. What don't you understand about my posts such as "Marriage. There is no one right way"? or "polygamy deserves the same respect as ssm?" Are you stupid?

Your silly game is over. Get an argument. I think you are lying about supporting polygamy and incest marriage.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#214845 Sep 6, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I understand the implications fairly well. I mean, Christ Almighty, every LGBT attorney in this country is talking about it. I listen. I read. I understand.<QUOTE>

"Every LGBT attorney?" So you receive all of your information and facts from those whom agree with you and consider yourself educated?

[QUOTE who="veryvermilion"] <quoted text>
If there wasn't anything for those states with DOMA laws to worry about</QUOTE>
The only issue with DOMA was Section 3 as the federal government- including the SCOTUS- lacks the enumerated power to define marriage in any form.
, why are a handful of right-wing, zealots promising to try to pass a Constitutional Amendment to define marriage as being between one man and one woman?
Because that would be the proper way to define marriage throughout the nation. If that is what one desires to do, and 3/4th's of the States agree. Try reading the Constitution, you might be surprised by what's in it, though I bet you would be even more surprised by what isn't..
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
They see the handwriting on the wall. They know it's coming. And they're scared as hell.{/QUOTE]
Scared? I don't think fear has that much to do with it.
Thirty percent of the country now lives in an area where same-sex marriage is legal.
30%? You aren't any better at math than you are at law. It's 26%. 28% if you think DC really matters.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, at the turn of this century, barely 30 percent of the population approved of same-sex marriage.
"Right" always finds a way.
Right may in fact be right, but your right may not be the right of another- this country used to provide us the freedom to choose.
Stupid rumsfield

Covina, CA

#214846 Sep 6, 2013
Rumsfeld slams Obama on Syria, calls him weakest president in his lifetime, not counting any of the two Bush's?

Stupidest Texas idiots, that ever escaped from a cow pasture.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#214847 Sep 6, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
How's Prop 8 doing? ROTFLMAO
Don't laugh too hard, at the rate California is going they will be like Detroit in no time- Broke and unable to afford to purchase the paper to print: Birth, Marriage, Death Certificates. Nor afford to keep the offices open that provide such services.

So it won't much matter what the court ruled. Might want to take yourself to one of those terrible non-progressively run States where they can still afford such things.
wookie

Sylmar, CA

#214848 Sep 6, 2013
amazing how one man with an agenda can overturn the will of the people bullsheeet
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#214853 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but it is not a disorder. you seem confused on so many facts... the reason there is so much money fighting cigarettes is there is so much money made selling cigarettes. it has nothing to do with 10% or so of smokers that get cancer...
try to talk about things you actually understand. perhaps you do some knitting in your spare time? talk about that...
You shouldn't respond to things you don't understand, it makes you look stupid.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#214854 Sep 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> the reason there is so much money fighting cigarettes is there is so much money made selling cigarettes.
Oh, right,???now I get it???
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#214855 Sep 6, 2013
Greg Kirschmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Same Sex Marriage....
Argentina
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark:
· Denmark proper
France
Iceland
· DF, QR, CH
Netherlands:
· Netherlands proper
New Zealand:
· New Zealand proper
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom:
· England & Wales†
United States:
· CA, CT, DC, DE, IA,
· MA, MD, ME, MN, NH,
· NM (8 counties),2
Uruguay
When did Norway become a culture? I thought it was a country> HmmmOr NY or VT or ...
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#214856 Sep 6, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one single culture has accepted ss couples as married from start to finish. Not one!
Ummm how 'bout cheese??? yogurt???The North Pole??
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

#214857 Sep 6, 2013
wookie wrote:
amazing how one man with an agenda can overturn the will of the people bullsheeet
Called personal satisfaction at the cost of others. Narcissm.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214860 Sep 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny.
Marriage has existed in every single culture of known human history. Most of the time outside of law.
Smirk.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>seriously, you fool/ you didn't learn form the last time you pulled bullshit like this out of your ass?
OK, where and when did this happen? again please cite the specific examples and the references used to back them up...
only a complete fool would try to toss out such obvious bullshit twice, especially to someone who obviously knows about the subject he is posting on...
c'mon this'll be fun, give those examples...
All you would have had to do is post evidence of when marriage began.

Why didn't you?

Now, everything you said about me, is true about you.

Here is one of the earliest historical records of the custom of marriage;

http://ehistory.osu.edu/world/articles/
ArticleView.cfm?AID=58

Snicker.

Location hidden

#214861 Sep 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
"Totally equal"? Physical impossibility. Is "equal" equal to sugar? A male lesbian to a female lesbian? A Boy Scout to a Girl Scout? A mother to a father? A Woodtick to a deer tick?
LOL!!!

Location hidden

#214862 Sep 7, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.
Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior. Ss marriage is an oxymoron.
Don Sclio wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
Funny thing....men evolved from amoebas some what....billion years ago?
I think we've evolved already sister. Enough to know no one has to produce offspring like springtime rabbits in an English countryside populated by foxes.
You're an idiot. You have no IDEA what marriage is even compromised of. You're like someone baking a cake arguing with Julia Childs to withhold the flour and eggs. Get lost moron....seriously.
Mating behavior is my opinion?

You clearly weren't faking.

Idiot.

Location hidden

#214864 Sep 7, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget... Contemporary society does not have to rest on the shoulders of history. We are a progressive species. Since the Age of Enlightenment, we have been marching toward equality for all men and women. Marriage equality and civil rights for the LGBT community is just another step to that end.
I realize that there are those who believe we must always have a toe in the past. You like tradition. I get that.
But as you well know, your enjoyment of tradition does not get to stop my enjoyment of progression.
If you could just lie with the fact that you can't inflict yourself onto the rest of society, I'm sure you'll be happier and we'll be happier.
"In the End", buttman, butt out.
You can't fit a bent rod in a straight hole.

That's not history, that's reality.

Ss couples can only ever be a mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

Location hidden

#214865 Sep 7, 2013
Greg Kirschmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Same Sex Marriage....
Argentina
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark:
· Denmark proper
France
Iceland
· DF, QR, CH
Netherlands:
· Netherlands proper
New Zealand:
· New Zealand proper
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom:
· England & Wales†
United States:
· CA, CT, DC, DE, IA,
· MA, MD, ME, MN, NH,
· NM (8 counties),2
Uruguay
There are nearly 200 countries currently in the world.

The 92% of the world population opposes calling ss couples married.

Not ONE single culture has ever called ss couples married from start to finish. Every single culture has recognized marriage.

You were saying...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) 11 hr marshalls9180 1,550
where can I find heroin in monterey? (Oct '14) Fri Shante 87
News Study: Illegal immigrants having more kids in US (Apr '09) Fri Juan Illota 5,751
Where can I find legit black in Salinas asap!? Nov 27 Cjay22 8
News A cold case revisited: The night Dolly Evans di... Nov 21 HD vacaville 2
News Marina mayora s race: Incumbent Bruce Delgado v... Nov '16 Seattle Doug 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Oct '16 Agnostic 72,043

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages