Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Enrico Salvatore Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214302 Sep 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Suzanne...
I want to talk to you seriously. So many gay youth (and adults) suffer from HORRIBLE guilt when they repeatedly go to God to change their orientation, but are unsuccessful.
Others involve themselves in sham, unloving marriages; all in order to try to keep what they believe is God's word.
When they fail--and 9 times out of 10 they do fail--it devastates them. It destroys their lives and the lives of their wives or husbands and children.
Also, when they fail at trying to live a life that YOU come on here and try to get them to live, they turn their anger inward. They become seriously depressed--sometimes suicidal. Some attempt to kill themselves and others DO kill themselves. Others turn to alcohol and/or drugs to numb the horrible pain they experience.
When you come here and spread your "message" you are contributing to the pain and undoing of these people.
You think that you're helping. But what you are really doing is harming people with what you believe is God's mandate for others.
I don't believe that God ever wanted His word to be used in this manner. You don't use God to push people over the edge, Suzanne.
You have asked, "Could you perform homosexual acts in front of Christ?" Let me ask you, "Could you look into the face of the parents of a 13 year old who killed himself after reading your repeated posts about how he is going to burn in hell for eternity because he can't change an aspect of his characteristic?"
If I came to you today and insisted that you had to become a lesbian could you change yourself? That's what you're asking people to do.
A person's sexual orientation--the gender that they are attracted to--is hardwired. You're born with it. Ask any gay person and they will tell you that they knew from an extremely early age that they were attracted to people of the same gender.
It's already difficult enough to be gay without people such as yourself always trying to scare us into changing something that is unchangeable.
You do more damage than good. You push people further away from God. When they believe that God doesn't care about them--that He will cast them into eternal hell for who they are--you push them away from Him.
Suzanne, IF being gay is a sin, it is not THE worst sin out there. It didn't make it into the "Ten Commandments". And out of every law and verse you can find in the Books of the Bible it is mentioned only a few times.
You and others have become fixated on this issue. And in doing so, you harm society--God's creation.
Consider what I'm telling you. Do you think that putting people's lives at risk and pushing them away from God is worth the continued posts you leave here?
You're pickin' trade up on the street like that. That's nowhere. I mean, you gotta get yourself some kind of management. You need my friend O'Daniel. He operates the biggest stable in town, in fact, in the whole god-damned Metropolitan area. It's stupid a stud like you paying. You don't want to be stupid.
SameoldStuff

Cambridge, IL

#214304 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
We are sorry that you are offended, but now we are sure after checking the listing that you are referring to #214187 that I did not write that post and someone is tampering with my name and using my name to put me down as a tramp. This is not me and my husband is very upset that someone is using my name. I went back several days and have noticed it now and cannot believe that someone would do that. I would never even have looked this up until you brought this to our attention. I would not believe that someone could do this and this is not acceptable at all, for the forum will not know what I am saying if it is not me. We live very strict lives since we were first married 55 years ago. We are never apart and we take full time care of our adult daughter that has a disability. I have only mentioned one thing that I regret that I did when I was younger and I did some gambling of which I stopped cold turkey and never went back. I could see how dangerous it is and you never win, so I stopped. I would never say something like being a drunk, drugger or prostitute ever, for that is not the life that I live and very far from it. I have plenty of witnesses of how I live as my children, my neighbors, friends over 55 years and my husband is my best witness of my charactor. My family and friends and especially my husband does not want me on this forum as a Christian, for they say it is not for me and I am seeing the damage that someone can do to somebody and now agreeing with them that this is not for me and it could very well be that somebody out there wants me off and they are doing this to me to get me to leave. My husband is going to look into who is guilty of using my name on this forum and will get to the bottom of this ASAP. He will not allow someone to bring me down to a level of being a tramp. We have not contacted topix yet about these comments, but perhaps topix can find the person by checking emails. The person who is adding words also in some of my texts. They either add a word or two or they leave something out that I am saying. I am sure that topix has all the posts on file. I contacted them when I first started about some things that I was not sure about, but they explained what I was concerned about at the time. I hope and pray that people on this forum will think what they are doing, for giving opinions, or writing Scripture about what you feel that God would have you say, should not give them a right to try and ruin one's life to get rid of people. I was only addressing you because your name was above something that you thought I quoted and now we know that it is someone using my name.
debsuelyn
Sacramento, CA
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
14 hrs ago Judged:

I gave up alcohol, drugs and prostitution over 5 years ago when I discovered Christ. I know first hand what it is to be a reborn Christian and embrace His power and glory. Gays need to do the same.

WTF you where hooking in your 60' and 70's
Dang dats nasty
SameoldStuff

Cambridge, IL

#214305 Sep 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>then he became a muslim.
Whats wrong with that????
debsuelyn

El Dorado Hills, CA

#214308 Sep 4, 2013
Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you. You're very fortunate to find a mate who could put up with your Bible thumping judgemental self for more than a weekend let alone 55 plus years.
As far as you bringing into your daughter in here it's a sad effort of thinking you can bring any justification to your judgemental rants on others with the idea of bringing pity to yourself through her. That's just pathetic on your behalf.
You talk about judging, but don't you see that it is what you are doing? It is OK because I will not hold that against you, but most of the forum does the same thing, so you are not alone. It just so happens that we have been studying for over 50 years and my husband knows more about Scripture than I do. He also is a Home Bible Leader and we have been doing this together for most of our marriage. We also had a Christian Fellowship for 10 years with no money involved because we believe that we should serve God freely. As far as my daughter, I do not need any pity for she is the angel of my life. You would never find a better person than her. I only brought that up because I have been questioned about my Christian faith and being called names of which is not me at all, for we are as faithful to our Faith as we possibly can be with what God has revealed to us. This is one reason we take care of her because of our deep love for her and this is what God would have us do. I was only trying to protect my reputation of which I believe the site is #214187 and that comment was not written by me. Also, I found out that there are people out there that are doing this to others, so if I were you, I would go back to anything that you wrote so far and check on it. They only may be doing this because of my Faith in Christ and they cannot handle someone that quotes Scripture. This is not acceptable at all to use someone else's name and my husband is going to find out who is doing this to me for he is my covering to protect me.
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

#214309 Sep 4, 2013
Cats with glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Then move on. You've done nothing but anger many in here in thinking we should all follow your beliefs.
I plan on moving on. I did not write 214187 and never have been a drugger, prostitute and only drank on occasion. My husband is very upset over someone changing my posts in here and we think it may be Frank Rizzo since he seems to be an antagonist and not contributing to this forum. I have not yet contacted anyone outside of my family and friends on this but may soon. The bottom line is if homosexuals followed Christ and what was written in the Scriptures they could shed themselves of being gay and find themselves under the grace of God.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#214310 Sep 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
MLK would roll over in his grave if he knew calling ss couples married was being aligned with the civil rights movement.
guess you haven't heard of bayard rustin and his working with and for MLK during the civil rights movement.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214311 Sep 4, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Whats wrong with that????
Yeah yeah, we know. Christian sky fairy BAD! Muslim sky fairy GOOD! Bowl of limp pasta that can fly GOOD!

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#214312 Sep 4, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Whats wrong with that????
I didn't say there was anything wrong with that. I take it from your question that you think there is?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214313 Sep 4, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>debsuelyn
Sacramento, CA
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
14 hrs ago Judged:
I gave up alcohol, drugs and prostitution over 5 years ago when I discovered Christ. I know first hand what it is to be a reborn Christian and embrace His power and glory. Gays need to do the same.
Dang dats nasty
Nice! Just like you will be too sooner than you realize but only if you're lucky. Enjoy!

Sacramento, CA

#214314 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
It just so happens that we have been studying for over 50 years and my husband knows more about Scripture than I do.
What Bible college?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214315 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I plan on moving on. I did not write 214187 and never have been a drugger, prostitute and only drank on occasion. My husband is very upset over someone changing my posts in here and we think it may be Frank Rizzo since he seems to be an antagonist and not contributing to this forum. I have not yet contacted anyone outside of my family and friends on this but may soon. The bottom line is if homosexuals followed Christ and what was written in the Scriptures they could shed themselves of being gay and find themselves under the grace of God.
That's it blame Frankie. Now I'm gonna get banished again! Disappeared. Gone. Like in some cheesy third world gay banana republic. Thanks a lot toots.
debsuelyn

El Dorado Hills, CA

#214316 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know for sure who you are that are changing my words, but we are looking into this for this is totally wrong. I never drink anything at all, but water and tea. I never mentioned Frank Rizzo at all. You are taking things out of context and not sure why you are being so evil in doing this. This is not a fair policy for the forum to allow this kind of treatment. I think that I know who is doing this and it may be more than one, but my husband is checking on this right now.

Sacramento, CA

#214317 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
The first thing you should do is NOT point fingers. You might want to notice that Frank Rizzo doesn't post from Sacramento. Most likely it's a person that has posted from Sacramento before. I know of one name, but it's not worth accusing and pointing speculation. I too think it's low when a poster does that. That's why I got registered, had the same problem. Didn't sue anyone, RiccardoFire is not my real name, don't make a living off of that name. Good idea to move on. Maybe Westboro has a better site for you and your mad husband.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214320 Sep 4, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>debsuelyn
Sacramento, CA
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
14 hrs ago Judged:
Dang dats nasty
Learn how to post Jizzy you big dope. What a mess.
debsuelyn

El Dorado Hills, CA

#214321 Sep 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not logical to allow SSM but not polygamy and incest marriage. Perhaps it is you who needs a logic course.
Frank Rizzo, someone again is changing what I said a few minutes ago and they used your name that you may be writing on my posts, but I did not write that and they changed alot of what I said. I just wanted you to know. They have my name on the post with no number because I think it makes it look like I wrote myself. Someone is using my name.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#214324 Sep 4, 2013
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
guess you haven't heard of bayard rustin and his working with and for MLK during the civil rights movement.
You mean the guy he sent packing?

MLK would never have accepted calling SS couples married.
SameoldStuff

Cambridge, IL

#214326 Sep 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah yeah, we know. Christian sky fairy BAD! Muslim sky fairy GOOD! Bowl of limp pasta that can fly GOOD!
If I want any lip from you, I will unzip my pants.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214327 Sep 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The first thing you should do is NOT point fingers. You might want to notice that Frank Rizzo doesn't post from Sacramento. Most likely it's a person that has posted from Sacramento before. I know of one name, but it's not worth accusing and pointing speculation. I too think it's low when a poster does that. That's why I got registered, had the same problem. Didn't sue anyone, RiccardoFire is not my real name, don't make a living off of that name. Good idea to move on. Maybe Westboro has a better site for you and your mad husband.
How the hell did I get dragged into this? Too funny right? Blame Frankie. Then I get banned. And if I ask why they say because it's my fault. I deserve it! If I don't want to get banned stop violating TOS. Priceless!

That's why I like these silly jackasses. But let's blame someone new for a while, like Jizzy. That would be fun! It's all Jizzy's fault.

If I'm suddenly gone, it's Jizzy's fault.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#214328 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank Rizzo, someone again is changing what I said a few minutes ago and they used your name that you may be writing on my posts, but I did not write that and they changed alot of what I said. I just wanted you to know. They have my name on the post with no number because I think it makes it look like I wrote myself. Someone is using my name.
It ain't me. I don't read your overly wordy and moronic posts but I caught my name while skipping over yet another of them.

I find it very funny that I get blamed is all. No harm. I'm cool, I like it. It amuses me.

Sacramento, CA

#214329 Sep 4, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan? is that you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 hr Eric 70,629
Hello Nov 24 Clint 1
Dual language immersion program offered for kin... (Jan '10) Nov 21 Kerry Jones 29
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Nov 19 ben goolsby 1,514
MEX-TEX-CA DRUGS to YOU! Nov 4 ILLEGALS - DRUGS ... 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) Nov 3 llt 15,728
Former Councilwoman Susan Goldbeck announces Ci... (Jun '08) Nov 1 nodole 8
Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]