Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
185,601 - 185,620 of 200,586 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa cowboy! Calm down now. You have not proven that God is false.
i didn't need to, the bible did it already. the people who made up this cult were not smart enough to create a god that can stand up to logic and the real world facts, but then none of the other religious cults could do that either...

so how could an infallible god that created the whole universe not even get his own creation story correct?

cult myths are fun to dissect!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Sad that so many of our "citizens" don't even bother to learn how their own nation works...
Aw. You're sad.

Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, every time you try to make our relationship with God into a collection of laws and rules, you are doing Him a disservice.
I think it's sad that you spend SO MUCH TIME with your nose in a book about God rather than in communion WITH God.
You think God stopped talking to mankind after the last letter of the Books of the New Testament were penned. For over 2,000 years you think that the ONLY way that man can know what God wants is to look through a collection of ancient manuscripts. You seem to have NO faith that God is alive and wants to interact with us today.
You worship a book. You seem to put it before ANY faith that you or others have. If it's not written down in black and red ink, on thin, gilded-gold paper, then it doesn't exist to you. Is that REALLY what you think God wants for you or any of us?!?
The Holy Trinity is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Worshipping a book is NOT a part of the deal.
If you want to use the Books of the Bible for SOME guidance and as a resource, then that's fine. But don't blot out God's voice by always reaching for a Bible.
Woodtick thinks Jesus is a fake.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i didn't need to, the bible did it already. the people who made up this cult were not smart enough to create a god that can stand up to logic and the real world facts, but then none of the other religious cults could do that either...
so how could an infallible god that created the whole universe not even get his own creation story correct?
cult myths are fun to dissect!
There is a philosophy professor friend of mine who would pummel you mercilessly for assuming you have proven God doesn't exist.

I'm not going to bother with your ignorant arrogance. Sounds like you have issues. Fundie family?
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
You too have sinned. The fact I was able to accept my sins and repent only to become a born again Christian will bring my soul to the heavens while yours will only perish unless you vacate the sinful lifestyle of performing in a homosexual lifestyle.
Take your nasty cooch and get out. Your pimp wants his money, ho, so better get to turning some tricks before he gives your nasty azz a beat down. Now go, ya ho-bag skank!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a philosophy professor friend of mine who would pummel you mercilessly for assuming you have proven God doesn't exist.
I'm not going to bother with your ignorant arrogance. Sounds like you have issues. Fundie family?
i didn't say there is no god. i said the of the bible is proven to be false, and yes, i would take your philosophy prof on in that challenge. it is not a challenge, it is a proven fact.

but as to there being a god, there isn't one teensy shred of evidence tha any god, gods or goddesses ever existed. not one shred. none. ever. int eh entire existence of humans not one shred...anywhere. zilch. zippo. nada.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodtick thinks Jesus is a fake.
the entire mythology of jesus being a god or the son of a god was stolen from previous religious cults. from the virgin birth, to healing the sick to raising the dead to walking on water to rising from the dead...all stolen from previous religious cults and their '
saviours'...

pretty lame cult writers these christians hired. the daily show could do better...
debsuelyn

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate?
I hate no one. I would rather see them repent for their sins and enter the Gates of Heaven. You on the other hand just might want to see these gays (which you claim you are not one of) live eternity in the fiery pits of Hell.
Who is the hater? Those who wish to save sinners or those willing to see them condemned?
I wish to remind you and everyone on the forum that I did not write the Scriptures, I only quote from them. I also believe in them fully. God did not let his Creation hanging on a limb to try and find out who HE IS. He had His Prophets write for Him. It is not my fault that you do not like what I write, for you are letting God know how much you do not like what he wrote!!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
You too have sinned. The fact I was able to accept my sins and repent only to become a born again Christian will bring my soul to the heavens while yours will only perish unless you vacate the sinful lifestyle of performing in a homosexual lifestyle.
you got sucked into a cult when you were vulnerable.

glad the cult helped you with your addictions...
The AssTroll Stopper

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>There is a philosophy professor friend of mine who would pummel you mercilessly for assuming you have proven God doesn't exist.

Woodick would be the first to pray to the very thing he claims don't exist, if a disaster befalls him or someone close to him and there's no where to turn for help.
debsuelyn

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just shutup now, ho. You go around banging random dudes for coin and have the nerve to pass judgment on people for being gay? LOL. Whatever ho-bag. Dismissed.
Anyone like you that will try to change my post will be turned over to Topix this evening for trying to damage my charactor. You have done enough and I am going to ask if you can be removed. All the things that you changed on my post is not who I am, that is who you are and I will not be brought down to your level of thinking. You have gone to far this time.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish to remind you and everyone on the forum that I did not write the Scriptures, I only quote from them. I also believe in them fully. God did not let his Creation hanging on a limb to try and find out who HE IS. He had His Prophets write for Him. It is not my fault that you do not like what I write, for you are letting God know how much you do not like what he wrote!!
the bible was written wholly and entirely by humans. the concept of divine inspiration does not hold up to logical scrutiny or real world facts. you are worshiping a god created by humans.

the bible is no more the word of any god than my post right here...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell him Debbie Sue! Hell yeah.290
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your nasty cooch and get out. Your pimp wants his money, ho, so better get to turning some tricks before he gives your nasty azz a beat down. Now go, ya ho-bag skank!
She makes you mad. Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i didn't say there is no god. i said the of the bible is proven to be false, and yes, i would take your philosophy prof on in that challenge. it is not a challenge, it is a proven fact.
but as to there being a god, there isn't one teensy shred of evidence tha any god, gods or goddesses ever existed. not one shred. none. ever. int eh entire existence of humans not one shred...anywhere. zilch. zippo. nada.
You cannot prove that God exists any more than she can prove God does exist.

You have no proof God doesn't exist. zilch. zippo. nada. To use an old Navy term, you have zilch point sh!t.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares what you have to say, ho. So shut it.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodick would be the first to pray to the very thing he claims don't exist, if a disaster befalls him or someone close to him and there's no where to turn for help.
naw, i take care of myself because no proven false myth is going to do it for me..

i have lived through two disasters. no praying to mythical easter bunnies, just clear, rational thinking.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone like you that will try to change my post will be turned over to Topix this evening for trying to damage my charactor. You have done enough and I am going to ask if you can be removed. All the things that you changed on my post is not who I am, that is who you are and I will not be brought down to your level of thinking. You have gone to far this time.
Nobody has the ability to "change your post", fool. I replied with my opinion of your lame post. Deal with it. If you don't like what you read, leave.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I make HER mad. LOL!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
hey Frankie, give me a replay on how much you love gay marriage, since you are all about marriage equality...
equal in every way to a man and a women marrying, huh? tell me in your own words again, would you? oh yeah, you've never actually stated that in your own words, have you? why is that, frankie the liar?
right here is you chance to prove you aren't a liar about this issue...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey