Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
185,581 - 185,600 of 200,597 Comments Last updated 25 min ago

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus got mad over people like you that use the scripture to judge people for their sins, you made your point about sexual sins, you seem obsessed with it, there are many sins, why are you so obsessed with anal sex? What does Syria have to do with anything here?
What I don't think people like Suzanne don't understand is that Christ was sent to replace the old law. Otherwise, what was the use? We're saved through His grace, not through a long list of laws. God made I clear that He didn't want to be known through laws. He wanted a relationship with mankind.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
Rizzio....You don't chap my ass. I feel sorry for you really. Mental illness is hard to live with isn't it baby killer?
I know you don't care for life... demonic slime like you never do. I wish I could meet you face to face and beat some sense into you.
Good people people who had good hearts and common sense when drafted left and did not show up...Only weak people and KILLERS showed up.
Excuse me! do you have military experience? Have faced death?
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Char nela Hoosen, for I knew there was someone out there that has a relationship with God through His Son Jesus. Most of the forum do not want to read or most important Study God's Word, they seem to pick and choose what they want to match their lifestyle. They do not understand what sin is and what is not sinful and I have been trying to explain that Apostle Paul makes it very clear in First Corinthians Chapter 5 and either they do not read it they just want to live in their sins. I do not believe that Christians should be practicing sin as sin is defined in Scripure ( shall we sin that Grace may abound, God forbid) and I do know that there are things we do everyday that may not please God, like getting angry and other emotions that we have on a everyday basis, but they would be considered wood, hay and stubble which shall be burned by fire, but we will still be saved (First Corinthians Chapter 3) for we just cannot be doing the sins of the flesh which fall under alot of catergories. He wants us to live with the Fruit of the Spirit and if we obey the Fruit of the Spirt, we will not be caught into the sins and lusts of the flesh.(Galatians Chapter 5) This forum is about prop. 8 which has to do with homosexuality, but even though I mention homosexuality alot is because prop.8 is about same-sex marriage which is homosexuality!! When I am referring to sin, it could be any sin that we are caught up that is mentioned in the Scripture and also the Holy Spirit lets us know if there is something we are doing that is sinful. We use to go to movies and because of most movies have such bad content, we decided that God would have us not go to movies anymore unless they clean them up of which I do not believe will ever happen.
Thanks again for your comments for my husband and I greatly appreciate you. God Bless you and your family.
You both are very sick..please get help.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
Rizzo...All you do is attack people. SO CALM DOWN YOURSELF. Maybe post like an adult. If your Vietnam baby killer vet you should be old enough to act like an adult.
I think you want to use: you're meaning you are,

not (your), meaning put your head in the toilet please.
debsuelyn

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
God says that let your words be "nay, nay or yea, yea", I do not recall in Scripture the words that you are calling me. May God have mercy on you!!
Because you do not know the Scripture, I will quote from Matthew Chapter 5 verse 37 and I quote: "But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay; for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil."

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
By the way, I forgot to mention that in the Book of the Debate between Alexander Campbell and Robert Owen about the "Evidences of Christianity", that there were 12,000 people that attended that assembly and only 3 stood up for Robert Owen who was a atheist. Alexander Campell had 11,997 people stand for either they were Christians already or they were seeking Christinaity future after listening to the Evidences of Christianity. I believe that after studying this Book and you are not convinced about the Truth of the Gospel of Christ, that you will probably NEVER believe the Truth. This man was considered a very brilliant man in his field of debating and he debated with alot of people. We have used this material with people hanging on the fence and they ended up believing after reading this Book and now they and their families have Christ in their Lives. May God get the Glory!!
There are a lot of people who "believe" because they are too scared to face the truth. Jesus is a false god, the Bible itself proves this.
debsuelyn

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Those of you that think that I am practicing the Old Testament Law are very wrong. For I am in the New Covenent, just because you do not want to obey the New Testament and obey Apostle Paul's teaching which Christ through revelation gave him, is not my fault. "All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God and is profitable for reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be perfect throughly furnished unto all good works."

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate?
I hate no one. I would rather see them repent for their sins and enter the Gates of Heaven. You on the other hand just might want to see these gays (which you claim you are not one of) live eternity in the fiery pits of Hell.
Who is the hater? Those who wish to save sinners or those willing to see them condemned?
lets ignore the fact that this "god' of your cult can't even get his own creation story correct...sheesh!

how can you in any good morals worship a god that says slavery is OK? are your morals as sick and twisted as the vindictive little prick of a god in the bible?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not argue with someone who does not accept some of apostle paul's teachings.
Paul was a false prophet who pulled people away from the God of the Bible
debsuelyn wrote:
Apostle Paul was chosen by Christ himself and he would not choose someone who would go against Christ.
No, Paul CLAIMED that he was "chosen" by Jesus, even though Paul never met Jesus.
debsuelyn wrote:
He wrote from the revelation of Christ found in Galatians Chapter 1 verses 11-12 of which I have quoted to you before and it is obious you are not interested in what he says, so please, do not write me back for it is not working. You are another one that is on my prayer list on this forum. Remember, Jesus got mad and threw the tables over in the temple because they were disobeying God,
Gross conceptual error. The moneychangers were doing EXACTLY what the Bible REQUIRED. Foreign money was very likely to have images or names of Pagan Gods, and was thus NOT suitable for use in purchasing sacrifices at the Temple.
debsuelyn wrote:
so if I sound upset, that does not mean that I am sinning for that is a emotion. For if you look through Scripture, God was very angry with his creation and he destroyed mankind (except for Noah and his family) during the flood and he also destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah and with what is happening right now with Syria, this may be the beginning of he end times, so you should be focusing on your own life and not mine.
"End times" are a myth. What the Bible actually says about the Messiah does not mean any end of the world, merely the end of the world as it was. You know, that whole lion lying down with the lamb kind of thing. Then again, maybe you don't actually know about that, you are profoundly ignorant of what the Bible really says about many things.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Kelly wrote:
A country that has lost all moral code. Courts becoming activist and overturning laws voted by the people. And yet we think we are above all other countries and can attack others for immoral acts? I don't get it.
It is the DUTY of the courts to overturn laws that are wrong.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't want to embarrass you, but you are misspelling your name Duh.
Smile.
Don't lie; you'd love to embarrass him. Sadly, since you have zero credibility with anyone here, that's not going to happen.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't think people like Suzanne don't understand is that Christ was sent to replace the old law. Otherwise, what was the use? We're saved through His grace, not through a long list of laws. God made I clear that He didn't want to be known through laws. He wanted a relationship with mankind.
The problem there is that the Bible makes it VERY clear that the Law is not to be changed, ever. Every word, every letter of the Law is to remain fully in force for all time. Jesus did not change that, in fact, he repeated that message.

On the other hand, the Law does NOT say that homosexuality is a sin. In fact, the Bible CELEBRATES the same sex marriage of David and Johnathan in 1 Samuel.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the DUTY of the courts to overturn laws that are wrong.
Sad that so many of our "citizens" don't even bother to learn how their own nation works...

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
Those of you that think that I am practicing the Old Testament Law are very wrong. For I am in the New Covenent, just because you do not want to obey the New Testament and obey Apostle Paul's teaching which Christ through revelation gave him, is not my fault. "All Scripture is given by the inspiration of God and is profitable for reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be perfect throughly furnished unto all good works."
Look, every time you try to make our relationship with God into a collection of laws and rules, you are doing Him a disservice.

I think it's sad that you spend SO MUCH TIME with your nose in a book about God rather than in communion WITH God.

You think God stopped talking to mankind after the last letter of the Books of the New Testament were penned. For over 2,000 years you think that the ONLY way that man can know what God wants is to look through a collection of ancient manuscripts. You seem to have NO faith that God is alive and wants to interact with us today.

You worship a book. You seem to put it before ANY faith that you or others have. If it's not written down in black and red ink, on thin, gilded-gold paper, then it doesn't exist to you. Is that REALLY what you think God wants for you or any of us?!?

The Holy Trinity is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Worshipping a book is NOT a part of the deal.

If you want to use the Books of the Bible for SOME guidance and as a resource, then that's fine. But don't blot out God's voice by always reaching for a Bible.

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem there is that the Bible makes it VERY clear that the Law is not to be changed, ever. Every word, every letter of the Law is to remain fully in force for all time. Jesus did not change that, in fact, he repeated that message.
On the other hand, the Law does NOT say that homosexuality is a sin. In fact, the Bible CELEBRATES the same sex marriage of David and Johnathan in 1 Samuel.
I disagree... There are several verses that seem to indicate that God's covenant with mankind changed when He sent His Son to die for our sins.

Hebrews 10:8-10
First He said,“Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. Then He said,“Here I am, I have come to do your will.” HE SETS ASIDE THE FIRST TO ESTABLISH THE SECOND (emphasis added). And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 9:11-15
That is why He is the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, so that all who are invited can receive the eternal inheritance God has promised them. For Christ died to set them free from the penalty of the sins they had committed under that first covenant.

Hebrews 8:13
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us…

Romans 7:4-6
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, WE HAVE BEEN RELEASED FROM THE LAW SO THAT WE SERVE IN THE NEW WAY OF THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE OLD WAY OF THE WRITTEN CODE (emphasis added).

John 1:17
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

----------

I honestly think that God is saying that He does not want to have a relationship with mankind that is built on a collection of 613 laws. He wants one built on faith and communication through the Spirit.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave up alcohol, drugs and prostitution over 5 years ago when I discovered Christ. I know first hand what it is to be a reborn Christian and embrace His power and glory. Gays need to do the same.
Just shutup now, ho. You go around banging random dudes for coin and have the nerve to pass judgment on people for being gay? LOL. Whatever ho-bag. Dismissed.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh give me a break, the god your cult created has been proven false already. the bible that you use to "know" this false idol is what shows the myth to false...
this is the 21st century, we don't need magical myths anymore, we have rationality and logic...
Whoa cowboy! Calm down now. You have not proven that God is false.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me! do you have military experience? Have faced death?
It's a safe bet that he hasn't. He says I should have been a draft dodger. Gone to Canada.

Since: Oct 11

Oceanside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

making having sex with children legal.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>lets ignore the fact that this "god' of your cult can't even get his own creation story correct...sheesh!
how can you in any good morals worship a god that says slavery is OK? are your morals as sick and twisted as the vindictive little prick of a god in the bible?
Temper temper! God is watching your heathen ass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey