Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
184,981 - 185,000 of 200,590 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#213498 Aug 31, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are GAY and what is all this talk about you being a "Gimp"
Frankie's a happy guy, funny too. So in that sense, he is "gay".

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#213499 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what do your idiotic scenarios have to do with SSM?
Oh but of course, they have to be "idiotic", because SSM is such a secular sacred cow, no other alternative relationship should be considered in the redefinition of marriage discussion. Madone!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#213500 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is no larger of a social change that legalizing inter-racial marriages, and we certainly know to call those that were against that bigots, don't we?
Interracial marriage was legal in various part of the country, at various times. It also didn't fundamentally alter the understanding of marriage as a union of husband and wife, nor claim the husband or wife, was expendable.

http://www.questia.com/library/1G1-140744234/...

The marriage of John and Ellen Davis was one between a white woman and an African-American man, a Scottish immigrant and a native New Yorker, and two working class laborers. While one might assume that such relationships were rare in the nineteenth century, a close examination of United States Manuscript Census Records in New York City for 1850, 1860, and 1870 indicates that such interracial, cross-cultural marriages constituted five to seven percent of married couples living in predominantly black neighborhoods. The number of interracial marriages varied over the twenty year period under investigation but skyrocketed following the Civil War. Census records indicate that there were 29 interracial marriages in 1850, 19 in 1860, and 116 in 1870. The vast majority of such relationships occurred between black men and white women often between an African-American male born in the United States and a woman who had immigrated from Europe, most of whom were Irish, Scottish, or English.(2) While mixed-race couples in different regions and in different eras faced tremendous resistance, such couples were not uncommon in mid-nineteenth-century New York City. Interracial couples often married in black churches in New York, worked in the city, sent their children to local African schools, and successfully interacted with government institutions, including pension officials, local court representatives, and census takers.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#213501 Aug 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you insinuate that your "facts" are "factual". While I don't have the exact phrases that compose your "From Out of My Rear End" poem, I am certain that I do not agree with your "facts".
Same-sex relationships are identical to opposite-sex relationships in every way except the make up of the genders. And no silly poem "From Your End" is going to convince me or anyone else otherwise.
I'm still waiting for you to give even a snippet of rational response instead of gay troll twirling.

Are you really using anal degradation to try to insult a heterosexual? Really?

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#213502 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not angry at all.. again, you are very bad at making assumptions.
then you just call SSM an idiotic assumption...are you angry? see how that works?
being homosexual has nothing to do with some silly religious cult mandate to marry three wives or people that want to marry their brothers for some silly-assed reason...
It also has nothing to do with marriage. Men and women, even those with self professed "homosexual" tendencies/attraction/orientat ion have always married under the same laws as everybody else. Marriage is still about men AND women.
being homosexual is a normal part of our species. to deny them the basic civil right of marriage to the gender they are naturally and normally attracted to is the issue here, not your idiotic scenarios, and yes, they are idiotic.
How is THAT not idiotic? So what it's "...a normal part of our species"? So is bisexuality. Are u advocating they be allowed to marry two people if they so choose? Being attracted to more than one person is a normal part of our species, so by that reasoning polygamy should be allowed too, not some silly rainbow cult or mandate that says a relationship,of two men, or women should be called marriage.

Location hidden

#213503 Aug 31, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
You have GOT to be kidding... These republicans knew full well that these events were taking place. It's not like they came from out of the blue.
If they felt at any time that they wished to be among the speakers, they would have reached out to the organizers and made an attempt--even if they felt as though they were being excluded.
No politician would EVER sit idly by and not attend such a momentous occasion unless they simply did not want to be a part of the program.
A powerful politician such as Boehner has the ability to do anything he wants in Washington. His office could have easily reached out and helped coordinate some kind of participation in this celebration. But he did not. None of them did.
The "we were invited too late to change our schedules" excuse holds NO water. If they had wanted to be there, they could have changed their schedules. They do it all the time based on whatever is being asked of them.
Bottom line--they didn't want to go. They thought the program would end up embarrassing them and the RNC's platform. So they just stayed home.
The fact that their invitations were last minute exposes bigotry all by itself.

But preceded by the illegal behavior of the ObamaNation with the IRS and Justice Dept. only confirm the division this president solicits.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#213505 Aug 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for you to give even a snippet of rational response instead of gay troll twirling.
Are you really using anal degradation to try to insult a heterosexual? Really?
Why don't you include your ridiculous poem the next time you reply? I have no interest in going back and finding it. You've seemed so proud of it, which seems to underline your dubious taste.

If you include it in your response, I will easily rip it to shreds, just like I easily rip most of your responses to shreds.

Finally, heterosexuals engage in anal sex. THAT, Kim, is a FACT. It's not an opinion. It is a fact. So, it's hardly an insult.

"In the End" you're the only one who seems to be fixated on anal sex.
Falling rocks

Monrovia, CA

#213506 Aug 31, 2013
France stated over again, it still backs military action to punish Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government for poison gas attack on civilians, despite a British parliamentary voted NO.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#213507 Aug 31, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG
4,000-Year-Old Noodles Found in ChinaJohn Roach
for National Geographic News
October 12, 2005
A 4,000-year-old bowl of noodles unearthed in China is the earliest example ever found of one of the world's most popular foods, scientists reported today. It also suggests an Asian—not Italian—origin for the staple dish.
4,000-Year-Old Noodles Found in China - National Geographic Newsnews.nationalgeographic.com/news/.../1012...
Similar4,000-Year-Old Noodles Found in China. John Roach for National Geographic News. October 12, 2005. A 4,000-year-old bowl of noodles unearthed in China is ...
Noodles? Ramein noodles? Seriously....we're discussing Pasta! If you we're a true Pastafarian, you'd no the difference. Another fraud wanting to be a Pastafarian!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#213508 Aug 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that their invitations were last minute exposes bigotry all by itself.
But preceded by the illegal behavior of the ObamaNation with the IRS and Justice Dept. only confirm the division this president solicits.
I ain't buying it and neither is anybody else.

If they had wanted to be in attendance, they would have moved heaven and earth to be there. A politician wouldn't let anything stand in their way to participate in such a momentous occasion--not to mention a being seen by millions of viewers on television when the 50th Anniversary was the lead story on every major news network and newspaper.

Face it... They didn't want to go because they knew that the crowd would be pro-voting rights, anti-guns, pro-civil rights (including gay rights), etc. These issues run against the grain of the RNC's agenda.

These politicians didn't go because they believe their voting base, who are pro-guns, anti-voting rights, anti-civil rights, etc., would have been pissed.

Any moron with a pulse knows this. But as I've "gay twirled" in the past, you're not just any moron. You're a special kind of moron.
200 channels

Monrovia, CA

#213509 Aug 31, 2013
Are you sure you got the right TV channel?
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#213510 Aug 31, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean, limp, as in the primary causation for male homosexuality is called limponosis which is the inability to remove penile limpness around females. Basically, gay men are simply men who can not get it up for normal sexual functioning.
You sure seem to know a lot about it..Funny, I can't find a medical definition or one that relates to the sexuality of the subject. Can you post a link to your information?

Location hidden

#213511 Aug 31, 2013
Just the distinction, and all it's implications, of a reunion of male and female exposes at every level of measurement that SS couples are absolutely not the same.

How does it make you feel to know deep down that a PC moment of manipulation has fraudulently equated SS couples with marriage?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213512 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not angry at all.. again, you are very bad at making assumptions.
then you just call SSM an idiotic assumption...are you angry? see how that works?
being homosexual has nothing to do with some silly religious cult mandate to marry three wives or people that want to marry their brothers for some silly-assed reason...
being homosexual is a normal part of our species. to deny them the basic civil right of marriage to the gender they are naturally and normally attracted to is the issue here, not your idiotic scenarios, and yes, they are idiotic.
Talk about idiotic assumptions, I never said SSM was an idiotic assumption. I said people considered it an idiotic scenario not long ago just like you consider polygamy and incest an idiotic scenario. People like you who do that are hypocrites.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213513 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, you have given me this exact spiel before, is your memory that lame?
if you have issues with the tax laws, take that up with the IRS. that is a totally seprerate issue.
you really need to take a logic course, instead of the community education sociology courses you took. it would help you steer a clear and cogent argument.
It is not logical to allow SSM but not polygamy and incest marriage. Perhaps it is you who needs a logic course.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213514 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, you have given me this exact spiel before, is your memory that lame?
if you have issues with the tax laws, take that up with the IRS. that is a totally seprerate issue.
you really need to take a logic course, instead of the community education sociology courses you took. it would help you steer a clear and cogent argument.
My argument is more cogent than yours. I support marriage equality, and you do not.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#213515 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about idiotic assumptions, I never said SSM was an idiotic assumption. I said people considered it an idiotic scenario not long ago just like you consider polygamy and incest an idiotic scenario. People like you who do that are hypocrites.
Sorry Francis, but it is a PROVEN idiotic scenario as it has already been proven to not even come into play when SSM is legalized...

history is fun!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213516 Aug 31, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
lol you homo, I don't need another job, I'm semi retired o t his one and have a great life debt and worry free. How a bout you?
I'll do you one better. I am a retired geologist and have earned a very generous pension income. Better than your meager income from picking up cans along the highway which is hardly "a great life debt and worry free" unless you're a moron.

Try again. Then GET A REAL JOB!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213517 Aug 31, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are GAY and what is all this talk about you being a "Gimp"
I cannot walk. But that's my only handicap. Yours are many, the worse being your ignorance and bigotry.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213518 Aug 31, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE a sickopuppy!!! not only are you gay, but a creepy gay. Incest? go get some mental and medical help!!
You first.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min Frijoles 68,993
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 39 min Go aways 5,004
clint the flint 2 hr ubietron 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr lazy posts 15,963
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Thu JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Thu Money 1
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000