Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
184,961 - 184,980 of 200,618 Comments Last updated 28 min ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213477 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in what way?
how is it any larger than allowing married women to inherit property or wealth? how is it any larger than outlawing polygamy?
see? so many real world issues about marriage you just can't seem to counter with your narrow view of wanting to block ssm...
if you actually had a true understanding of what marriage is, and you might not sound so foolish.
Did you ever take an introductory sociology class or cultural anthropology class? Obviously not. I understand what marriage is.

I see no compelling reasons SSM shouldn't be allowed. I also see no reason why we need it. Be real. It's about the government perks. I will never get them, as I have no plans to marry again. How is that fair? Those tax breaks etc. are for children. Not for playing house.

Do you support me marrying my sister? My brother? Both of them? Don't forget, if you don't, you are a bad person.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213478 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't admitted it, even though you know it's true. You wouldn't call me gimp if I was gay. You are dishonest. Why? Are you ashamed of yourself? Own it.
It is not true and you are still incorrect, gimpyboi. Are we clear now? You seem to be getting way too mad over a silly gay thread on Topix, gimpy. Try to calm down.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213479 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Attacking and marginalizing people is counter productive. You are getting angry already. There is no need. Tell them why SSM is good, don't tell them they are bad.
So why are you attacking and marginalizing people all day every day on Topix? And you seem to be getting angry a lot lately. Calm down. Maybe if gay discussion threads make you so mad you should find some other interests, gimp.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213480 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not getting angry at all...you make poor assumptions.
"idiotic scenarios"? "so foolish"? You're angry. SSM was considered an "idiotic scenario" not very long ago. What harm would a loving marriage of three consenting adult brothers cause you?

The bottom line is I support marriage equality (SSM, polygamy and incest marriage) and you do not. You call other types of marriage "idiotic scenarios". Who is the bigot here?

Why are you a hypocrite?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#213481 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"idiotic scenarios"? "so foolish"? You're angry. SSM was considered an "idiotic scenario" not very long ago. What harm would a loving marriage of three consenting adult brothers cause you?
The bottom line is I support marriage equality (SSM, polygamy and incest marriage) and you do not. You call other types of marriage "idiotic scenarios". Who is the bigot here?
Why are you a hypocrite?
not angry at all.. again, you are very bad at making assumptions.

then you just call SSM an idiotic assumption...are you angry? see how that works?

being homosexual has nothing to do with some silly religious cult mandate to marry three wives or people that want to marry their brothers for some silly-assed reason...

being homosexual is a normal part of our species. to deny them the basic civil right of marriage to the gender they are naturally and normally attracted to is the issue here, not your idiotic scenarios, and yes, they are idiotic.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#213482 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever take an introductory sociology class or cultural anthropology class? Obviously not. I understand what marriage is.
I see no compelling reasons SSM shouldn't be allowed. I also see no reason why we need it. Be real. It's about the government perks. I will never get them, as I have no plans to marry again. How is that fair? Those tax breaks etc. are for children. Not for playing house.
Do you support me marrying my sister? My brother? Both of them? Don't forget, if you don't, you are a bad person.
yes, you have given me this exact spiel before, is your memory that lame?

if you have issues with the tax laws, take that up with the IRS. that is a totally seprerate issue.

you really need to take a logic course, instead of the community education sociology courses you took. it would help you steer a clear and cogent argument.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#213483 Aug 31, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Some do. Some don't. Some heterosexuals do. Some don't.
It has no bearing only any marriages license, unless you can provide proof otherwise.
A marriage license is a piece of paper.

A marriage is the reunion of two genders who consider the other more than themselves. Who unite in a complimentary blend.

You assert that an inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning behavior has "no bearing"?????????

You only expose not just a lack of understanding marriage, but your deprivation.

Location hidden

#213484 Aug 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence is a point blank lie. Especially since I delineate major distinctions in my post.
Your second is a whine based on a false victim claim.
Your third sentence is so stupid, you contradict your own claim by making a distinction.
SS couples are half a marriage based on the facts I state.
Your post represents the degree of denial it takes to attempt imposing a impostor relationship on marriage.
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes... I forgot... Your major distinctions... Venus and Mars... Your pathetic little poem is the biggest load I've come across in years. Opposite-gender relationships are so "unique" and "distinct" that only several billion people on the planet become involved in them each year. I had no idea they were so sacred.(sarcasm)
You say that you offer facts... You don't offer facts, you offer canned snippets that you're too stupid to realize should embarrass you.
You trot them out so regularly nobody even knows what they mean anymore. They're like a word that you repeat over and over again until it becomes a meaningless sound.
Once again,

Gay troll scoffing is not an rational response.

Can you show that ss couple equate to marriage at any of the levels I noted?

No?

That's why a ss couple will only ever be a mutually barren duplicate gendered half of marriage.

Location hidden

#213485 Aug 31, 2013
Viva Las Vagas wrote:
Pink-Head Bill O'Reilly has apologized for incorrectly stating that no Republicans were invited to participate in a ceremony this week.
Which marked the 50th anniversary of the human March on Washington for civil rights and Martin Luther King Jr.'s first spoke about "I Have a Dream" speech.
Billy Bong smoking stunted idiot, O'Reilly is a runt above whale dropping's.
Ah, the rest of the story...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/08/
gop-official-march-on-washingt on-organizers-ignored-suggesti ons/
Mike Howard

Dallas, TX

#213487 Aug 31, 2013
If I were Druish, I'd sukk off the flaggott ggaayy judges, then take a biggun in the ash for the nigguhh Omaha.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#213488 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have a good argument for existing. GET A JOB!
lol you homo, I don't need another job, I'm semi retired o t his one and have a great life debt and worry free. How a bout you?
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#213489 Aug 31, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to ANY mainstream medical association, but bigotry is, based as it is on irrational thoughts and obsessive hatreds and fear.
You can get help, but you have to take the first step.
I took my first step long ago, and I learned that the homo says anything to defend his odd way of life. Maybe you should take the first step into reality and ask yourself why women were put on earth. You have failed in your role as a productive human being. Now, please tell me how what I am saying is irrational, bigotted and hatred of fear, it's a fact. Your cult has recently accomplished forcing this government to give you what you want not because your cult deserves the recognition by America, but because you begged and threatened law suits.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#213490 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't make fun of my disability if I was gay.
But you are GAY and what is all this talk about you being a "Gimp"
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#213491 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you a hypocrite?
You ARE a sickopuppy!!! not only are you gay, but a creepy gay. Incest? go get some mental and medical help!!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#213492 Aug 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first sentence is a point blank lie. Especially since I delineate major distinctions in my post.
Your second is a whine based on a false victim claim.
Your third sentence is so stupid, you contradict your own claim by making a distinction.
SS couples are half a marriage based on the facts I state.
Your post represents the degree of denial it takes to attempt imposing a impostor relationship on marriage.
<quoted text>
Once again,
Gay troll scoffing is not an rational response.
Can you show that ss couple equate to marriage at any of the levels I noted?
No?
That's why a ss couple will only ever be a mutually barren duplicate gendered half of marriage.
First, you insinuate that your "facts" are "factual". While I don't have the exact phrases that compose your "From Out of My Rear End" poem, I am certain that I do not agree with your "facts".

Same-sex relationships are identical to opposite-sex relationships in every way except the make up of the genders. And no silly poem "From Your End" is going to convince me or anyone else otherwise.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#213493 Aug 31, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
I took my first step long ago, and I learned that the homo says anything to defend his odd way of life. Maybe you should take the first step into reality and ask yourself why women were put on earth.....
Lesbian women - and all women - were put on this earth to be productive, happy, fulfilled, and to make the place better than when they entered it. For many, that fulfillment comes from their families, their careers, their churches, their social gatherings, their friends, their children, their spouses, and just about everything else that's positive on the planet.

Just like men.

They were not put on this earth to be forced into loveless marriages of convenience with men they can never be attracted to or love, simply to make insecure people like you feel better about themselves.

If you can prove I'm lying, go right ahead.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#213494 Aug 31, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE a sickopuppy!!! not only are you gay, but a creepy gay. Incest? go get some mental and medical help!!
He is a troll. And I suspect he is laughing at the way you take him seriously.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#213495 Aug 31, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the rest of the story...
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/08/
gop-official-march-on-washingt on-organizers-ignored-suggesti ons/
You have GOT to be kidding... These republicans knew full well that these events were taking place. It's not like they came from out of the blue.

If they felt at any time that they wished to be among the speakers, they would have reached out to the organizers and made an attempt--even if they felt as though they were being excluded.

No politician would EVER sit idly by and not attend such a momentous occasion unless they simply did not want to be a part of the program.

A powerful politician such as Boehner has the ability to do anything he wants in Washington. His office could have easily reached out and helped coordinate some kind of participation in this celebration. But he did not. None of them did.

The "we were invited too late to change our schedules" excuse holds NO water. If they had wanted to be there, they could have changed their schedules. They do it all the time based on whatever is being asked of them.

Bottom line--they didn't want to go. They thought the program would end up embarrassing them and the RNC's platform. So they just stayed home.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#213496 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. It has stayed pretty much the same for a very long time. Doesn't mean it can't change. But it means people will be wary of this change. Rightfully so. They are not "homophobes". They are not scared of gay people. They are just wary of this tremendous social change. The way to bring them around is not what most of you do here.
Same sex marriage probably won't hurt anyone much. But it is not vital either. Some people don't see the need. They are not bad people.
Exactly.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#213497 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, it has very recently changed dramatically in the US...
considering its long history most of the dramatic changes to marriage have taken place very recently...
All the "dramatic changes" didn't change the union, male female, upon which marriage is based.
how are they not bad people for trying to deny their fellow citizens a basic civil right?
They're not, because their fellow citizens ALREADY have the same civil right that they do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 27 min tottal 15,969
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 69,062
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr punch tips 7,935
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... Aug 28 JoeMama 2
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Aug 28 Money 1
My fears for Doris Day: Confidante who spent 40... (Oct '13) Aug 28 marti eton square 4
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info