Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
184,841 - 184,860 of 200,599 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>And the answer is "no". Just like a person who reads Chinese will not suddenly become a Chinese.
Chinese is a race, if I'm not Chinese I couldn't read for ever and become one. Is it fair to compare a race to a belief? Are you saying the Word of God is a waste of time unless a person becomes a Christian and filled with the Spirit of God? I disagree, many people that are not Christians read the Bible and then decide to Become a Christian. I agree that once they are filled with the HG that they are better to understand it.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose we have two people claiming to be filled with the Holy Spirit, each in disagreement over Scriptural interpretation. Then what?
True Mr WasteWater, that happens even with the Bible scholars that claim to be filled with the Spirit.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, people also recognize that SS couples are only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.
LOL.

you may think, feel or believe any way you wish.

the laws and public policy held by the federal government and it's agencies, on the other hand, are entirely different.

good luck, miss kim.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie! STOP and they will stop, they are really getting to you. lol... you sound like a whining little fruitloop girl with frecles and pig tails. lol
Calm down Bluto, and stop with the little pigtailed girl fantasy you perv.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I am not Peitro. But, I see she must have had a similar profound effect.
If why I post has been debunked, then it should be easy for you to debunk. Sorry to disappoint you, but you can ignore all my posts and it will not effect me one way or another.
I do recall, it was you who decided to hunt down my posts and respond to them. I know choice and control are common issues you have, but it is your choice not give my posts any attention.
Okay, friendly neighborhood gay person.
Hi five!
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but with that said, won't reading the scriptures bring you to the point of the Holy Spirit within them? And then we have people that say they have the Holy Spirit and still disagree on the meanings of the Scriptures.
I do know that we are in different places in our walk in the Holy Spirit and we may not all agree on some issues, for we drink milk when we first know the Word and then as we grow we eat the meat of the Word of God, but as being a Christian for many years, I have yet to see a True Believer in Christ that has the Holy Spirit decide that they remove Scriptures out of the Bible so they can sin or they just think there were mistakes. I have been in Bible Studies with other denominations my whole life. At one time of my life, I belonged to Christian Women's Club which has most all the denominations that we can think of and my job was to organize the Studies in my own area and make sure they were run properly. At times, there were disagreements, but the Scripture was all read and believed, but Christians may be learning as I am still learning, for that does not mean that I am taking out what I do not agree with, for I know that if there is something in Scripture that I do not understand, I keep studying and then in time I understand by comparing Scripture with Scripture. God is not the Author of confusion, for he will teach you the Truth if you are sincere about learning it. If you are using the Scriptures just to disagree with someone or take Scripture out that you do not agree with, then you will never learn what God has for you.

There is one thing that I do know that all the people that I have studied with, I have never seen anyone use foul language, call people names or put anyone down, for having the Holy Spirit within you, you will have respect with others even if you do not agree with them. I have only had 3 people in our studies that were upset with something that was being taught and years later, all three of these people after continuing in their studying the Word of God, came back and apologized to me about how they had handled the situation and that I believe says what Christianity is all about.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
okay-continued on this nation being founded as a Christian nation. Not just religious but Christian..
Our founders already stated clearly what there intentions were with respect to religion, I donít need your interpretation, I already have what the founders said

James Madison - "The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries."

Jefferson - "No man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever."

John Adams - "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it."

Franklin - "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."

I can go on for pages and pages

We already know what the first amendment means,

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

It is simple English

You can be Christian, or Islamic, or FSM, or a volcano worshiper and we will make no law establishing any religion nor abridge your freedom to practice a religion.

We know exactly what it means
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>What two adults do in the bedroom is of no consern to me. I am not gay. If gay men enjoy anal sex, it has no affect on me. Find a law that stops anal sex. Should the Government govern you on the sexual activities in your bedroom? Yes your post was a load of manure. Do you even understand that heterosexula couples engage in anal sex as well as oral sex???? If so should they be regulated?
Calm down Jizzy. Your already atrocious spelling gets even worse when you get upset like that. And the thing is, spell check is so easy to use. Guess not if you're a moron.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is you can not force me to do anything. But gay judges and activists have forced unconstitutional laws upon people.......
You can think that homosexuality is a good thing for you all day long, I will know that Christianity is a good thing by being one. I find it odd that you think that homosexuality is a good thing, if you are not one.
One reason people are starting to reject your homosexuality is because of the hatred, actively trying to remove rights from our fellow Americans.
The fact is that you can't force anyone to do anything. I have no desire to force you to think, feel or believe any differently than you do. Your thoughts, feelings or belief have no bearing upon my life or my personal opinions.

One reason so many people are rejecting Christianity today is because of the hatred and actively trying to deny rights from our fellow Americans. It is the ugly face of Christ you and others paint on boards like this that chase people away from Christianity.

I say that as a Christian myself who is trying to rectify that image people have of Christians and Christianity.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>I am not gay.
You say that a few times a day Jizzy. Why? I don't care if you're gay, it's the loudmouthed moron part I don't like.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know that we are in different places in our walk in the Holy Spirit and we may not all agree on some issues, for we drink milk when we first know the Word and then as we grow we eat the meat of the Word of God, but as being a Christian for many years, I have yet to see a True Believer in Christ that has the Holy Spirit decide that they remove Scriptures out of the Bible so they can sin or they just think there were mistakes. I have been in Bible Studies with other denominations my whole life. At one time of my life, I belonged to Christian Women's Club which has most all the denominations that we can think of and my job was to organize the Studies in my own area and make sure they were run properly. At times, there were disagreements, but the Scripture was all read and believed, but Christians may be learning as I am still learning, for that does not mean that I am taking out what I do not agree with, for I know that if there is something in Scripture that I do not understand, I keep studying and then in time I understand by comparing Scripture with Scripture. God is not the Author of confusion, for he will teach you the Truth if you are sincere about learning it. If you are using the Scriptures just to disagree with someone or take Scripture out that you do not agree with, then you will never learn what God has for you.
There is one thing that I do know that all the people that I have studied with, I have never seen anyone use foul language, call people names or put anyone down, for having the Holy Spirit within you, you will have respect with others even if you do not agree with them. I have only had 3 people in our studies that were upset with something that was being taught and years later, all three of these people after continuing in their studying the Word of God, came back and apologized to me about how they had handled the situation and that I believe says what Christianity is all about.
"...as we grow we eat the meat..." Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>You noticed. I did not want to say anything. I figure his lack of content, lack of research, lack of substance, and the pressuring him to use "spell check" might cause another Columbine incident.
LMAO!
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Let me spell C-O-N-T-R-A-D-I-C-T-O-R-Y for you.
It is exactly what your agenda aims at doing, forcing your beliefs into school, law, state ruling, judicial activism, TV shows and ....

blahblahblah

You have concern for the Christians, who patiently do not respond in like manner. In fact, I bet if you were attacked like Frank, Kimare and I have been, you would blow a gasket. You cowardly sit on the side with those who are damned by their behavior and desperately need Christ to save them from homosexuality.
Do you understand that?
What does Jesus say about marriage?
you? attacked? really?

perhaps if you wouldn't initiate the "attacking", fella, you'd be treated with more respect. and yes, i HAVE been personally attacked, and far worse, than what I've read here in the comments directed AT you and your fellow comrades in arms.

and for what?

for espousing the belief that i, and other homosexuals, paying taxes and living her ein america, deserve to be treated equally under the laws? for standing on the side of equality and legal fairness. and for standing up and reminding people like you that you can continue to think feel or believe any way you see fit. you, on the other hand, demand that laws are reflective of your personal religious choice.

good luck fella, in the future. you're going to need it because you're going to remain angry.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt seriously that you are a Christian, but will assume you are for the moment.
First step:
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS A DEMON THAT JESUS WANTED CAST OUT?
http://www.spiritdaily.org/evilpsychiatry.htm
Conversion disorder -- or demonism?
We are hearing more and more from those who work in psychiatric wards and are speaking out with their own conclusions: that psychological and psychiatric terms often are used to mask possession. One nurse estimated that half the people in the psychiatric ward where she works are spiritual cases (as in the case of the tombs at Gadarenes). It is a difficult discernment in this field where it is hard to find a balance between what can be labeled as psychiatric, sociological, or psychological problems and what may be caused or exacerbated by evil spirits -- in other words, are not mental problems at their origin.
It is perhaps no wonder that permanent cures so often evade psychiatrists.
We called a Catholic psychiatric nurse-practitioner from Georgia, Kimberly H. Littrell, president of the Promedical Psychiatry Group and Research Center in Loganville, who was at our recent Atlanta retreat, and who treats psychiatric patients on an outpatient basis, for her perspective.
"Everyday I see people who are experiencing some type of possession, some manifestation of the spiritual battle," she told us, forthrightly. "There are things that are clearly out of the diagnostic categories. Most people in the field want to give it a nice psychiatric code and move on. But the enemy is not just imbalances in [the neurotransmitters] dopamine and serotonin. It is Satan."
In one case, says Kimberly, a strange voice challenging the nurse erupted out of a woman who had an abortion. In another case, a patient coughed up a nail. She says that the devil seems to especially target those who can have the greatest impact on other people, such as teachers and clergy. "And I'm not speaking about priests," she said. "I'm talking about all kinds of clergy, married or not. Celibacy is not the issue." She has witnessed bizarre "epidemics" of her own, such as a recent spate of fifteen patients who all said they had their sleep disrupted at 3:31 a.m.
And so we discern. When we delve too much into the actual phenomena, the wrong spirit can arise. Here too one searches for balance -- between exposing an issue and giving it too much energy.
you, and others like you want to clutch that cloak of christianity so tightly, just like your eyes shut tightly to the damage you do to your fellow human kind, that you will allow folks that believe just like you to call themselves a christian.
it is you that judges others. it is you that will be judged similarly when your time comes. you don't know other's minds and hearts.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you, and others like you want to clutch that cloak of christianity so tightly, just like your eyes shut tightly to the damage you do to your fellow human kind, that you will allow folks that believe just like you to call themselves a christian.
it is you that judges others. it is you that will be judged similarly when your time comes. you don't know other's minds and hearts.
They are why Christianity has divided itself into a minority, different sects figuring out how they can use faith to gain political ends.

See the Westborough Baptist church for an extreme example
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Retard much? I never said that I was a Christian. You have to do better than that sugarnipples.
Now as for the pedophiles in Church, well moron, pedophiles are not always gay. In fact over 80% are married heterosexula men, most of which are Christian. One can only wonder why YOU people hide behind Jesus.
Uh-oh. "sugarnipples" That means you're mad at him.

I thought I was your sugarnipples Jizzy. See how you are?
Rusty

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Commies put the screws to yeah, sideways and rusty.
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"...as we grow we eat the meat..." Too funny!
Obiously, you and some others on this forum do not understand Scripture at all because you do not have the Holy Spirit in you. In the New Testament in First Corinthians Chapter 3 Verses 1-3 and I quote: "And I Brethern, could not speak unto you as unto Spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat; for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal; for wheras there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

This was speaking of divisions of the Church at that time and these men were dividing Christ Body, the Church meaning (called out) in greek. Apostle Paul said I fed you with milk, meaning like a newborn, you do not give them solid food right away, you give them milk, then after a time, then you give them meat or solid food because they able to eat by that time, the same way as Scripture, you learn and learn and learn until you start understanding what Apostle Paul learned from the revelation of Christ, and then you are able to get into the meat of the word, otherwords, the true meaning.

You are making yourself very foolish by misquoting something that you do not understand. Take the time to Study the Scriptures and you will be surprised how God can teach you if you are really serious about wanting to know, otherwise you will be wasting your time and continue to misquote Scripture because you are not Spiritually discerning the Scripture. We all have to start somewhere, so why not take the time and start from the beginning and learn the milk of the Word of God? But, first you have to ask Christ for forgiveness for your past sins and then He through the Holy Spirit will start teaching you the Truth.
Puees

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Pick up the posting speed you bunch of loser's..
droid

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Obiously, you and some others on this forum do not understand Scripture at all because you do not have the Holy Spirit in you. In the New Testament in First Corinthians Chapter 3 Verses 1-3 and I quote: "And I Brethern, could not speak unto you as unto Spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat; for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal; for wheras there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
This was speaking of divisions of the Church at that time and these men were dividing Christ Body, the Church meaning (called out) in greek. Apostle Paul said I fed you with milk, meaning like a newborn, you do not give them solid food right away, you give them milk, then after a time, then you give them meat or solid food because they able to eat by that time, the same way as Scripture, you learn and learn and learn until you start understanding what Apostle Paul learned from the revelation of Christ, and then you are able to get into the meat of the word, otherwords, the true meaning.
You are making yourself very foolish by misquoting something that you do not understand. Take the time to Study the Scriptures and you will be surprised how God can teach you if you are really serious about wanting to know, otherwise you will be wasting your time and continue to misquote Scripture because you are not Spiritually discerning the Scripture. We all have to start somewhere, so why not take the time and start from the beginning and learn the milk of the Word of God? But, first you have to ask Christ for forgiveness for your past sins and then He through the Holy Spirit will start teaching you the Truth.
Yo seriously need to get laid. Christian mingle?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 min JOEL 68,851
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr standing ground 4,979
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr marching banded 15,931
FBI raid in Seaside linked to Christina William... (Sep '09) 13 hr meg828r 13
My mom is terminally ill & the doctor says she ... 13 hr meg828r 2
First City Festival 2014 Brings Ugly Rock Metal... 15 hr Culture Auditor 1
Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Wed whatisyourneed 1,512

Search the Monterey Forum:
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs