Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,985

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213292 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>And people in 47 states are recognizing homosexuality as the delusion of those who failed to develop.
However in 47 states same sex marriages are not recognized and the people have overwhelmingly voted against it. The federal government does not recognize same sex marriage in any of the 50 states and it also recognizes that Russian politics agrees with the overall American policy.
The only three states that recognize same sex marriages are Dachau, Germany, Auswich, Germany and Bangkok, Thailand. I hear they are soliciting gays to come in and work in specific industries. They are hush hush on this, but word is that it is the oldest profession known to woman. SHHHHHH...SHHHH
there are people in all 50 states that recognize Christianity as a delusion

No I wonít be quiet, I get it that you are uncomprehending of the point.

Your opinion of same sex marriage is meaningless, the only important distinction is the legal one. And as of yesterday, you are now in a legal minority

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#213293 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>You not angry? That is a joke. You are so angry that you can not post without name calling.
I could post without name calling, but I choose not to with fucktards like yourself Pedro.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad. The anger is manifested in your post.
You mistake disdain for anger. Don't worry about it hon, that's typical of fundies like yourself!
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Your experience, a pedophile, an alcoholic's experience and a drug addicts experience, will get you locked up in a mental institution, overdosed om drugs and/or dead from suicide.
You seem to be under the impression that I'm a pedophile and alcoholic. Neither would be true. But don't let facts get in the way of you just making up shyt. That's what you fundies are best at!
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Your unlearned idea is that cancer patients can treat themselves and that a gay with AIDS should be able to cure himself.[/QUUOTE]
Neither of those are my ideas. Your crystal ball seems to be cracked dipshyt. You might want to turn it in for a new one.

[QUOTE who="Helpful Hints"]<quoted text>Not true.
Since I didn't state either opinion you credited me with, who cares?
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why you would not support same sex marriage of two adult brothers.
Because that would be incest and incest is illegal.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
I want reasons, not your absurd idea that same blood relations is some how more socially unacceptable than same sex relations.
If you don't want the real reasons, then don't ask the question dumbass.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not interested in the bigotry and hate for familial love.
I bet you say that everytime you rape your mother.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text> Same sex relations are simply that,you are the one wishes to discriminate against siblings.
Oh, Peitro, you schtick is tired.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
You being a homosexual makes you a patient, not a doctor.
Me being a homosexual makes me neither. Damn you are stupid.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, so you admit that the APA received propaganda from gay activists. where are these studies that the APA allegedly has, that came from you.
The APA has a website, you can google it yourself. It will reflect their current views, not the views you like from 1965. Sucks for you Pedro.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, let me help: http://www.rpvnetwork.org/profiles/blogs/form...
Indeed, you are quite angry. I am the one laughing, as I watch your inability to defend a position which you claim to be so certain of but are so lacking in defending.
Here, let me help you.
Q: Is homosexuality a mental disorder.
A: No.

Comment: most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
Where are your studies that dispute this Pedro?

Location hidden

#213294 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you decided not to pursue your focus on 'the end'...
Let me summarize you assertion that ss couples go BEYOND marriage;
Ss couples have it harder.
That's your superiority?
Some would argue that two genders becoming one is much more difficult.
But in the end, you make my point. You agree that marriage IS distinct from ss couples.
Nor am I demeaning when I note the uniqueness of marriage;
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
Repetitious fairytales! The argument of idiots like Gregory! Clutch those pearls girl!!

Location hidden

#213295 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. You do not understand.
The fact is, when you start lumping, then all lumps are appropriate. If you eliminate lumping, then the discussion simply become normal straight mom and dad marriages. But, when you start lumping, you wish to lump same sex couples with normal straight mom and dad marriages. You only want that comparison.
Your position is like this, two gays want to adopt, one is a decent hard working man, the other is a drug addict pedophile sex offender. The decent hard working man wants to present a case for adoption, but have his partner ignored because he does not want to be lumped with his own partner.
In the case of same sex adult incest marriages, we are talking about same sex marriage. Will you suddenly eliminate all reference and media focus on two gay black men marrying and wanting to adopt a little abandoned blonde-haired blue eyed white girl. Wait, that image and reality is never focused in on TV. I am going to have to call ABC and have that added to "Modern Family" or "The Fosters".
Peitro, changing your name doesn't make you any more credible. You're still an idiot, peddling the same debunked nonsense. Your desperate need for attention is sad.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#213297 Aug 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think I can't spell "stop"?
That's a pretty dumb argument you have there. But I understand. It's all you've got. Stick with it I guess.
Frankie! STOP and they will stop, they are really getting to you. lol... you sound like a whining little fruitloop girl with frecles and pig tails. lol

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#213300 Aug 30, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that what you are saying about "Clearly, NOT the Holy Spirit", for one cannot know the Scriptures unless the Holy Spirit is within them.
I agree but with that said, won't reading the scriptures bring you to the point of the Holy Spirit within them? And then we have people that say they have the Holy Spirit and still disagree on the meanings of the Scriptures.

Location hidden

#213304 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, people also recognize that SS couples are only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.
No dear, "people" don't recognize your fairytales. They are only important or mean anything to you! They are simply myths created by you for you. They don't mean anything in the real world!

Smile bitch!

Location hidden

#213308 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
Actually, the Bible does dictate laws in the country, friend.
Let us know when people are imprisoned for coveting their neighbor's car Pedro, or for disobeying their parents.

Damn you are stupid.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#213310 Aug 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but with that said, won't reading the scriptures bring you to the point of the Holy Spirit within them? And then we have people that say they have the Holy Spirit and still disagree on the meanings of the Scriptures.
Suppose we have two people claiming to be filled with the Holy Spirit, each in disagreement over Scriptural interpretation. Then what?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213312 Aug 30, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>You slimy immature fruitcake spunk bucket! He may have a unfortunat physical disability, but you have self impose mental and sexual handicap. I'd rather be him 10 times over that you loud mouth queer sissy boi.
YUK!YUK!YUK! I'd rather be me than him too.

Like I told him, he wouldn't make fun of the fact that I cannot walk if I was gay. He'd be demanding that I get lots of free stuff from the big mean homophobic government. But since I'm not gay, he thinks it's funny that I can't walk much. If he were in my shoes, he'd cry.

Sacramento, CA

#213314 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>And the answer is "no". Just like a person who reads Chinese will not suddenly become a Chinese.
Chinese is a race, if I'm not Chinese I couldn't read for ever and become one. Is it fair to compare a race to a belief? Are you saying the Word of God is a waste of time unless a person becomes a Christian and filled with the Spirit of God? I disagree, many people that are not Christians read the Bible and then decide to Become a Christian. I agree that once they are filled with the HG that they are better to understand it.

Sacramento, CA

#213315 Aug 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose we have two people claiming to be filled with the Holy Spirit, each in disagreement over Scriptural interpretation. Then what?
True Mr WasteWater, that happens even with the Bible scholars that claim to be filled with the Spirit.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#213317 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, people also recognize that SS couples are only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.
LOL.

you may think, feel or believe any way you wish.

the laws and public policy held by the federal government and it's agencies, on the other hand, are entirely different.

good luck, miss kim.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213318 Aug 30, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie! STOP and they will stop, they are really getting to you. lol... you sound like a whining little fruitloop girl with frecles and pig tails. lol
Calm down Bluto, and stop with the little pigtailed girl fantasy you perv.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213320 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I am not Peitro. But, I see she must have had a similar profound effect.
If why I post has been debunked, then it should be easy for you to debunk. Sorry to disappoint you, but you can ignore all my posts and it will not effect me one way or another.
I do recall, it was you who decided to hunt down my posts and respond to them. I know choice and control are common issues you have, but it is your choice not give my posts any attention.
Okay, friendly neighborhood gay person.
Hi five!
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

#213321 Aug 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but with that said, won't reading the scriptures bring you to the point of the Holy Spirit within them? And then we have people that say they have the Holy Spirit and still disagree on the meanings of the Scriptures.
I do know that we are in different places in our walk in the Holy Spirit and we may not all agree on some issues, for we drink milk when we first know the Word and then as we grow we eat the meat of the Word of God, but as being a Christian for many years, I have yet to see a True Believer in Christ that has the Holy Spirit decide that they remove Scriptures out of the Bible so they can sin or they just think there were mistakes. I have been in Bible Studies with other denominations my whole life. At one time of my life, I belonged to Christian Women's Club which has most all the denominations that we can think of and my job was to organize the Studies in my own area and make sure they were run properly. At times, there were disagreements, but the Scripture was all read and believed, but Christians may be learning as I am still learning, for that does not mean that I am taking out what I do not agree with, for I know that if there is something in Scripture that I do not understand, I keep studying and then in time I understand by comparing Scripture with Scripture. God is not the Author of confusion, for he will teach you the Truth if you are sincere about learning it. If you are using the Scriptures just to disagree with someone or take Scripture out that you do not agree with, then you will never learn what God has for you.

There is one thing that I do know that all the people that I have studied with, I have never seen anyone use foul language, call people names or put anyone down, for having the Holy Spirit within you, you will have respect with others even if you do not agree with them. I have only had 3 people in our studies that were upset with something that was being taught and years later, all three of these people after continuing in their studying the Word of God, came back and apologized to me about how they had handled the situation and that I believe says what Christianity is all about.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213322 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
okay-continued on this nation being founded as a Christian nation. Not just religious but Christian..
Our founders already stated clearly what there intentions were with respect to religion, I donít need your interpretation, I already have what the founders said

James Madison - "The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries."

Jefferson - "No man shall be compelled to frequent or support any religious worship, place, or ministry whatsoever."

John Adams - "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it."

Franklin - "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason."

I can go on for pages and pages

We already know what the first amendment means,

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

It is simple English

You can be Christian, or Islamic, or FSM, or a volcano worshiper and we will make no law establishing any religion nor abridge your freedom to practice a religion.

We know exactly what it means
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213323 Aug 30, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>What two adults do in the bedroom is of no consern to me. I am not gay. If gay men enjoy anal sex, it has no affect on me. Find a law that stops anal sex. Should the Government govern you on the sexual activities in your bedroom? Yes your post was a load of manure. Do you even understand that heterosexula couples engage in anal sex as well as oral sex???? If so should they be regulated?
Calm down Jizzy. Your already atrocious spelling gets even worse when you get upset like that. And the thing is, spell check is so easy to use. Guess not if you're a moron.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#213324 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>The fact is you can not force me to do anything. But gay judges and activists have forced unconstitutional laws upon people.......
You can think that homosexuality is a good thing for you all day long, I will know that Christianity is a good thing by being one. I find it odd that you think that homosexuality is a good thing, if you are not one.
One reason people are starting to reject your homosexuality is because of the hatred, actively trying to remove rights from our fellow Americans.
The fact is that you can't force anyone to do anything. I have no desire to force you to think, feel or believe any differently than you do. Your thoughts, feelings or belief have no bearing upon my life or my personal opinions.

One reason so many people are rejecting Christianity today is because of the hatred and actively trying to deny rights from our fellow Americans. It is the ugly face of Christ you and others paint on boards like this that chase people away from Christianity.

I say that as a Christian myself who is trying to rectify that image people have of Christians and Christianity.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213325 Aug 30, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>I am not gay.
You say that a few times a day Jizzy. Why? I don't care if you're gay, it's the loudmouthed moron part I don't like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr Flaggstaff 5,083
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr Eric 69,427
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sun fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sun theos 2,276
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep 19 Mia 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey