Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,167

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213279 Aug 30, 2013
jay fredrickson wrote:
this is amazing!
~Whoop!~Whoop! amazing!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213281 Aug 30, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Add to that the only logical course would be adherance to the principles as laid out in the Constitution, the reminders of our country's continuing journey to overcome bans against civil rights and the fact no harm can be given in respect to this liberty of gay marriage being pursued by a group of American citizens and you'll come to the conclusion gay marriage will be in our country's future.
Don't try to talk fancy Dan you big dope. It comes across very silly.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#213285 Aug 30, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
The people going to Churches that are NOT addressing homosexuality as a sin as any sin that should be addressed will have to suffer the consequenses when Christ returns. In First Corinthians Chapter 5, Apostle Paul says to remove them from the Church and turn them (sinners) over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so their Spirit can be saved when Christ comes back. Otherwords, they have to repent and sin no more in order to get to Heaven. The Bible says that the Blind leads the Blind and they will go down the pit together. So, all I can say is Good Luck!!
Yes, people like you said the same thing when blacks were freed and when women were allowed to work.

Oh, and just so we're clear, your bible says a lot of stupid things, your quote above being just one of them.

Location hidden

#213287 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure where you are going with this. What Obama is doing and saying is that the federal government intends to disregard state's rights of no SSM states, while regarding state's rights of SSM states. What they are saying is that the federal government will regard the same sex marriage, if gotten in another state, even if it goes to a state where it is not recognized.
Now, explain how the 37 normal marriage states will be gone, when 30 of them have state constitutional bans? You can not. Chomp on that!
They will be declared unconstitutional, just like California's. Chomp on that. Praise them while you have them stupid, for they won't be around long.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
I love these Obamisms, because in fact it is the 13 states that will feel the backlash.
LOL!!! Oh please do lay out this "backlash"!!! What punishment will be handed down to these states? LOL!! You are so damn stupid!!
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
If the federal government says that they will quasi-recognize same sex marriages in state's where they are not recognized, there potentially will be 37 states suing the Obama Administration.
You seem to be under the impression that states get to determine what the federal government recognizes or doesn't. You would be very mistaken, as well as blatantly stupid. Your mythical lawsuits are nothing but an imaginary pipe dream!!
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget that your troubles all started with one state and that was Hawaii. The Obama Administration is attempting to invalidate all of DOMA.
You seem to be under the impression that the fight for marriage equality is troubled. It isn't. We've gained 13 states in a very short time and the rest will be on board very soon. The "troubles" are yours and your ilks!
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#213288 Aug 30, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked me how you could call Kimare's "wife". I posted a suggestion on how your gimpy troll self could accomplish that. I'm not the one who asked the dumbazz question, fool.
You slimy immature fruitcake spunk bucket! He may have a unfortunat physical disability, but you have self impose mental and sexual handicap. I'd rather be him 10 times over that you loud mouth queer sissy boi.
debsuelyn

Sacramento, CA

#213290 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply noted the consistency of what the Bible says about Sodom and Gomorrah.
That exposed your lack of character by knowingly giving only a partial truth. That voice in your head is clearly fine with that.
Clearly NOT the Holy Spirit.
I agree with you that what you are saying about "Clearly, NOT the Holy Spirit", for one cannot know the Scriptures unless the Holy Spirit is within them. You cannot say that you are a Christian if we do not follow Christ and His Teachings. Apostle Paul was chosen by Christ himself for a reason and one of the reasons was to write the espistles. You have to be Spiritually discerned to understand the Scriptures found in First Corinthians Chapter 2 verses 14-16. It seems as though that some of the people on this forum say they are Christians and they pick and choose what they want to believe. That means that if there is a Scripture they do not like, then they write their own Bible. I do not believe for one moment that God through His Son Jesus would have left His Creation out in the cold and not leave His Word to be clearly understood. God is not the author of confusion and if someone starts removing what they do not like, then anyone could write their own Bible and then you are left with no Authority at all, for this would lead to confusion. I would like to quote to those of you out there that think they can just take out the Scriptures that they want and I quote from Second Timothy Chapter 3 verses 13-27 "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived, but continue thou in the things which thou has learned and has been assured of knowing of whom thou has learned them. And that from a child thou has known the Holy Scripture, which are able to make thee wise unto Salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is given by Inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness; That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."
Big D

Modesto, CA

#213292 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>And people in 47 states are recognizing homosexuality as the delusion of those who failed to develop.
However in 47 states same sex marriages are not recognized and the people have overwhelmingly voted against it. The federal government does not recognize same sex marriage in any of the 50 states and it also recognizes that Russian politics agrees with the overall American policy.
The only three states that recognize same sex marriages are Dachau, Germany, Auswich, Germany and Bangkok, Thailand. I hear they are soliciting gays to come in and work in specific industries. They are hush hush on this, but word is that it is the oldest profession known to woman. SHHHHHH...SHHHH
there are people in all 50 states that recognize Christianity as a delusion

No I won’t be quiet, I get it that you are uncomprehending of the point.

Your opinion of same sex marriage is meaningless, the only important distinction is the legal one. And as of yesterday, you are now in a legal minority

Location hidden

#213293 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>You not angry? That is a joke. You are so angry that you can not post without name calling.
I could post without name calling, but I choose not to with fucktards like yourself Pedro.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad. The anger is manifested in your post.
You mistake disdain for anger. Don't worry about it hon, that's typical of fundies like yourself!
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Your experience, a pedophile, an alcoholic's experience and a drug addicts experience, will get you locked up in a mental institution, overdosed om drugs and/or dead from suicide.
You seem to be under the impression that I'm a pedophile and alcoholic. Neither would be true. But don't let facts get in the way of you just making up shyt. That's what you fundies are best at!
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Your unlearned idea is that cancer patients can treat themselves and that a gay with AIDS should be able to cure himself.[/QUUOTE]
Neither of those are my ideas. Your crystal ball seems to be cracked dipshyt. You might want to turn it in for a new one.

[QUOTE who="Helpful Hints"]<quoted text>Not true.
Since I didn't state either opinion you credited me with, who cares?
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why you would not support same sex marriage of two adult brothers.
Because that would be incest and incest is illegal.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
I want reasons, not your absurd idea that same blood relations is some how more socially unacceptable than same sex relations.
If you don't want the real reasons, then don't ask the question dumbass.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not interested in the bigotry and hate for familial love.
I bet you say that everytime you rape your mother.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text> Same sex relations are simply that,you are the one wishes to discriminate against siblings.
Oh, Peitro, you schtick is tired.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
You being a homosexual makes you a patient, not a doctor.
Me being a homosexual makes me neither. Damn you are stupid.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, so you admit that the APA received propaganda from gay activists. where are these studies that the APA allegedly has, that came from you.
The APA has a website, you can google it yourself. It will reflect their current views, not the views you like from 1965. Sucks for you Pedro.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, let me help: http://www.rpvnetwork.org/profiles/blogs/form...
Indeed, you are quite angry. I am the one laughing, as I watch your inability to defend a position which you claim to be so certain of but are so lacking in defending.
Here, let me help you.
Q: Is homosexuality a mental disorder.
A: No.

Comment: most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientat...
Where are your studies that dispute this Pedro?

Location hidden

#213294 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you decided not to pursue your focus on 'the end'...
Let me summarize you assertion that ss couples go BEYOND marriage;
Ss couples have it harder.
That's your superiority?
Some would argue that two genders becoming one is much more difficult.
But in the end, you make my point. You agree that marriage IS distinct from ss couples.
Nor am I demeaning when I note the uniqueness of marriage;
In the end,
Marriage is a miraculous reunion of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It units humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.
Repetitious fairytales! The argument of idiots like Gregory! Clutch those pearls girl!!

Location hidden

#213295 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. You do not understand.
The fact is, when you start lumping, then all lumps are appropriate. If you eliminate lumping, then the discussion simply become normal straight mom and dad marriages. But, when you start lumping, you wish to lump same sex couples with normal straight mom and dad marriages. You only want that comparison.
Your position is like this, two gays want to adopt, one is a decent hard working man, the other is a drug addict pedophile sex offender. The decent hard working man wants to present a case for adoption, but have his partner ignored because he does not want to be lumped with his own partner.
In the case of same sex adult incest marriages, we are talking about same sex marriage. Will you suddenly eliminate all reference and media focus on two gay black men marrying and wanting to adopt a little abandoned blonde-haired blue eyed white girl. Wait, that image and reality is never focused in on TV. I am going to have to call ABC and have that added to "Modern Family" or "The Fosters".
Peitro, changing your name doesn't make you any more credible. You're still an idiot, peddling the same debunked nonsense. Your desperate need for attention is sad.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#213297 Aug 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think I can't spell "stop"?
That's a pretty dumb argument you have there. But I understand. It's all you've got. Stick with it I guess.
Frankie! STOP and they will stop, they are really getting to you. lol... you sound like a whining little fruitloop girl with frecles and pig tails. lol

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#213300 Aug 30, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that what you are saying about "Clearly, NOT the Holy Spirit", for one cannot know the Scriptures unless the Holy Spirit is within them.
I agree but with that said, won't reading the scriptures bring you to the point of the Holy Spirit within them? And then we have people that say they have the Holy Spirit and still disagree on the meanings of the Scriptures.

Location hidden

#213304 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, people also recognize that SS couples are only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.
No dear, "people" don't recognize your fairytales. They are only important or mean anything to you! They are simply myths created by you for you. They don't mean anything in the real world!

Smile bitch!

Location hidden

#213308 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
Actually, the Bible does dictate laws in the country, friend.
Let us know when people are imprisoned for coveting their neighbor's car Pedro, or for disobeying their parents.

Damn you are stupid.

Since: Aug 11

Scotts Valley, CA

#213310 Aug 30, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but with that said, won't reading the scriptures bring you to the point of the Holy Spirit within them? And then we have people that say they have the Holy Spirit and still disagree on the meanings of the Scriptures.
Suppose we have two people claiming to be filled with the Holy Spirit, each in disagreement over Scriptural interpretation. Then what?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213312 Aug 30, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>You slimy immature fruitcake spunk bucket! He may have a unfortunat physical disability, but you have self impose mental and sexual handicap. I'd rather be him 10 times over that you loud mouth queer sissy boi.
YUK!YUK!YUK! I'd rather be me than him too.

Like I told him, he wouldn't make fun of the fact that I cannot walk if I was gay. He'd be demanding that I get lots of free stuff from the big mean homophobic government. But since I'm not gay, he thinks it's funny that I can't walk much. If he were in my shoes, he'd cry.

Sacramento, CA

#213314 Aug 30, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>And the answer is "no". Just like a person who reads Chinese will not suddenly become a Chinese.
Chinese is a race, if I'm not Chinese I couldn't read for ever and become one. Is it fair to compare a race to a belief? Are you saying the Word of God is a waste of time unless a person becomes a Christian and filled with the Spirit of God? I disagree, many people that are not Christians read the Bible and then decide to Become a Christian. I agree that once they are filled with the HG that they are better to understand it.

Sacramento, CA

#213315 Aug 30, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose we have two people claiming to be filled with the Holy Spirit, each in disagreement over Scriptural interpretation. Then what?
True Mr WasteWater, that happens even with the Bible scholars that claim to be filled with the Spirit.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#213317 Aug 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget, people also recognize that SS couples are only ever a mutually sterile duplicate gendered half of marriage.
LOL.

you may think, feel or believe any way you wish.

the laws and public policy held by the federal government and it's agencies, on the other hand, are entirely different.

good luck, miss kim.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213318 Aug 30, 2013
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie! STOP and they will stop, they are really getting to you. lol... you sound like a whining little fruitloop girl with frecles and pig tails. lol
Calm down Bluto, and stop with the little pigtailed girl fantasy you perv.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 71,012
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web