Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201888 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213458 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>seems rather ridiculous, though, doesn't it? marriage has been redefined so many times, as all social constructs are...
Not really. It has stayed pretty much the same for a very long time. Doesn't mean it can't change. But it means people will be wary of this change. Rightfully so. They are not "homophobes". They are not scared of gay people. They are just wary of this tremendous social change. The way to bring them around is not what most of you do here.

Same sex marriage probably won't hurt anyone much. But it is not vital either. Some people don't see the need. They are not bad people.

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#213459 Aug 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Great argument you got there spice boy. But even if that were true, it would be a non-issue.
P.S. Everyone alive has a life. You do realize you are doing the same thing as I? If I have no life, neither do you. Duh.
You're also still not very good with logic.

No, stupid, I'm not doing the same thing. You're here far, far more often having baby playground fights of little to no substance and pretending you're "winning."

I just popped in to see if anything was interesting or there was anyone worth engaging for an extended debate. And what do I find? Just you. The self-hating dweeb, still going around in the same circle, spinning in place, achieving nothing.

If you had a life (meaning something important to do) you wouldn't consistently waste your time on such nonsense. Solitaire is more productive.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213460 Aug 30, 2013
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You're also still not very good with logic.
No, stupid, I'm not doing the same thing. You're here far, far more often having baby playground fights of little to no substance and pretending you're "winning."
I just popped in to see if anything was interesting or there was anyone worth engaging for an extended debate. And what do I find? Just you. The self-hating dweeb, still going around in the same circle, spinning in place, achieving nothing.
If you had a life (meaning something important to do) you wouldn't consistently waste your time on such nonsense. Solitaire is more productive.
You couldn't debate a frog. You're just an angry dope. Whoop!~Whoop!
Whats UP

Covina, CA

#213461 Aug 30, 2013
Hitting the ground running?
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213462 Aug 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't debate a frog. You're just an angry dope. Whoop!~Whoop!
Again, a very good description of yourself, gimpyboi.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#213463 Aug 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. It has stayed pretty much the same for a very long time. Doesn't mean it can't change. But it means people will be wary of this change. Rightfully so. They are not "homophobes". They are not scared of gay people. They are just wary of this tremendous social change. The way to bring them around is not what most of you do here.
Same sex marriage probably won't hurt anyone much. But it is not vital either. Some people don't see the need. They are not bad people.
in fact, it has very recently changed dramatically in the US...

considering its long history most of the dramatic changes to marriage have taken place very recently...

how are they not bad people for trying to deny their fellow citizens a basic civil right?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213464 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, it has very recently changed dramatically in the US...
considering its long history most of the dramatic changes to marriage have taken place very recently...
how are they not bad people for trying to deny their fellow citizens a basic civil right?
How are you not a bad person for attempting to marginalize people who are merely wary of this tremendous social change?

"They are not homophobes. They are not scared. They are just a bunch of a$$h0les.-Jón Gnarr. Mayor of Reykjavík, Iceland

They are not bad people. Do you support 3 brothers marrying? Don't be a bad person now! Do you support me marrying my sister? Don't be a bad person about it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213465 Aug 30, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, a very good description of yourself, gimpyboi.
You wouldn't make fun of my disability if I was gay.

St. Croix valley

#213466 Aug 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you not a bad person for attempting to marginalize people who are merely wary of this tremendous social change?
"They are not homophobes. They are not scared. They are just a bunch of a$$h0les.-Jón Gnarr. Mayor of Reykjavík, Iceland
They are not bad people. Do you support 3 brothers marrying? Don't be a bad person now! Do you support me marrying my sister? Don't be a bad person about it!
what do your idiotic scenarios have to do with SSM?

St. Croix valley

#213467 Aug 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
it is no larger of a social change that legalizing inter-racial marriages, and we certainly know to call those that were against that bigots, don't we?
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213468 Aug 30, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't make fun of my disability if I was gay.
That issue has already been addressed multiple times, gimp.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213471 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is no larger of a social change that legalizing inter-racial marriages, and we certainly know to call those that were against that bigots, don't we?
Attacking and marginalizing people is counter productive. You are getting angry already. There is no need. Tell them why SSM is good, don't tell them they are bad.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213472 Aug 30, 2013
kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
That issue has already been addressed multiple times, gimp.
You still haven't admitted it, even though you know it's true. You wouldn't call me gimp if I was gay. You are dishonest. Why? Are you ashamed of yourself? Own it.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213473 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what do your idiotic scenarios have to do with SSM?
What do your idiotic and angry responses have to do with SSM?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213474 Aug 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is no larger of a social change that legalizing inter-racial marriages...
Yes it is.

St. Croix valley

#213475 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is.
in what way?

how is it any larger than allowing married women to inherit property or wealth? how is it any larger than outlawing polygamy?

see? so many real world issues about marriage you just can't seem to counter with your narrow view of wanting to block ssm...

if you actually had a true understanding of what marriage is, and you might not sound so foolish.

St. Croix valley

#213476 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Attacking and marginalizing people is counter productive. You are getting angry already. There is no need. Tell them why SSM is good, don't tell them they are bad.
not getting angry at all...you make poor assumptions.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#213477 Aug 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in what way?
how is it any larger than allowing married women to inherit property or wealth? how is it any larger than outlawing polygamy?
see? so many real world issues about marriage you just can't seem to counter with your narrow view of wanting to block ssm...
if you actually had a true understanding of what marriage is, and you might not sound so foolish.
Did you ever take an introductory sociology class or cultural anthropology class? Obviously not. I understand what marriage is.

I see no compelling reasons SSM shouldn't be allowed. I also see no reason why we need it. Be real. It's about the government perks. I will never get them, as I have no plans to marry again. How is that fair? Those tax breaks etc. are for children. Not for playing house.

Do you support me marrying my sister? My brother? Both of them? Don't forget, if you don't, you are a bad person.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213478 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't admitted it, even though you know it's true. You wouldn't call me gimp if I was gay. You are dishonest. Why? Are you ashamed of yourself? Own it.
It is not true and you are still incorrect, gimpyboi. Are we clear now? You seem to be getting way too mad over a silly gay thread on Topix, gimpy. Try to calm down.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#213479 Aug 31, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you attacking and marginalizing people all day every day on Topix? And you seem to be getting angry a lot lately. Calm down. Maybe if gay discussion threads make you so mad you should find some other interests, gimp.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '06) Aug 26 dld1234 1,543
News Coastal Commission votes against Santa Cruza s ... Aug 12 Swiss Mess 14
News Deadly Calif. wildfire that has destroyed 60 ho... Jul 31 Frank 1
News In the face of disaster, sense of community com... Jul 29 Donna do Wright 1
News More Monterey Co. Residents Evacuated As Sobera... Jul '16 mattie05 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul '16 TWP 72,037
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul '16 Musikologist 21

Monterey Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages