Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
184,681 - 184,700 of 200,324 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty simple really jackass. It simply means treat gays as equals.
Too hard to understand is it? No surprise given it probably takes you six tries before you get your left shoe on the correct foot in the morning.
Relax power ranger. I know what it means.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what bullshitter.
Find one case here in the U.S. in which one brother wanted to marry his sibling of the same sex.
Just one case.
C'mon fuckup....you've got what....millions of people here. If you held any water in your dumbass statement you should be able to find one.
LOL!!!
You're an IDIOT buddy.
We don't deny rights just because no one asked for them. Try again spice cake. Only not so stupid. Ask for help. Remember! There are no dumb posts, only dopeyass dummies like yourself.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Liar. In only 13 states is it legal for same sex marriages, which is barely 1/4 of all the states. Perhaps you people should find a court that says that the 3y normal marriage states are in violation of the US Constitution. I suggest you look up the voting, only one state for vote same sex marriage, the only two did not approve the ban.
That said there are "ZERO" states with constitutional definitions of marriage defining it to include same sex marrying. "ZERO"
That is 30 to 0. A shut up. Overwhelming. Majorally impressive.
Wrong again, in fourteen states, two people of the same sex can be married, yes 14, BTW Washington DC also allows same sex marriage. Soon other states will follow. One day, and not to far off, all 50 states. One more thing more than 50% of this Nation, is in favor of same sex marriage. Oh and another bit of law, a state Constitution amendment, is not needed to allow same sex mariage. Just look at the 14 states and Washington DC. and you will find that to be true. What is true is this, there is nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero that YOU and all the Bible Beating Fundies can do about it.

Find the amendment in the US Constitution, that allows for opposite sex marriage.
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't vote against SSM, fool. Try again. If it's too much for you, ask for help.
Sure you didn't, OK yep, what ever spiceboi
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is if someone wants to believe in your dicked up form of religion.
Yeah shitass....good luck. You might also believe the world was formed thousands of years ago and men came from clay formed by God's hands and that Adam was the first divorcee that made the mistake of biting from the apple.
LOL!!!
Get lost you stupid Bible thumping Jesus freak street preacher idiot.
It's a public forum moron. No one has to leave just because you're too stupid.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Yet another internet tough guy.
Been to Wooster, Ohio by the way. A shithole during the 9 months of winter that hits there where the skies are constantly gray, cold and forbidding and the first shovel of snow you pushed off your driveway in late October is still there during spring thaw. Humidity so thick that immigrants from Singapore want to go home and full of nothing but pasty, obese white people driving 23 year old Mopars while working at the factory dreaming of the moment they can leave their dead end jobs to get back to the doublewide covered in burned out Christmas lights from 6 seasons ago.
LOL!!!
But go on. Please tell me how you intend to 'backhand' me Brutus.
Sounds like Sacramento but with no snow, just bad air and oppressive heat and morons. Too funny! Meth labs and cow sh!t. Ah!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you didn't, OK yep, what ever spiceboi
How original.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Another win today

The federal government as far as taxes are concerned are going to recognize same sex couples that were legally married, even if they are living in a state that does not recognize them as married.

That means we now have federal recognition in all 50 states
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Is 'spece cake' now an insult??
How about 'salt shaker'. Might that be worse??
No American should have to ask nor demand rights already given to them by our Constitution and how our country was set up in which citizens are afforded a full set of liberties and freedoms providing those liberties do not produce harm.
Shaddup already....LOL!!!
No. Make me tough guy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Think I'll go over to the Sacramento HOME DEPOT parking lot. The one near Dopey Dan's house. YUK!YUK!YUK!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
Another win today
The federal government as far as taxes are concerned are going to recognize same sex couples that were legally married, even if they are living in a state that does not recognize them as married.
That means we now have federal recognition in all 50 states
"we"?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Puh-lease.
DOMA is a failed concept. Had it not have been it would have been held in force.
Listen cupcake...you don't have to like gays. You don't have to agree in them marrying. Unfortunately for you you don't have the power nor right to impede on the basic liberties afforded other Americans unless those said liberties produce viable harm.
Now go and fetch dog. Go find some viable harm that gay marriage causes or please....STFU already.
LOL!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD damn buddy. Give it a rest.
"...those said liberties produce viable harm." Where'd you read that you big dope? The Dopey Dan pretend Constitution? "viable harm". "afforded". Too funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I, like others, would just like to see proof.
Kinda like claiming the local government is made up of aliens from Saturn whose intent is to take over and steal all the mozerella cheese within a 185 mile radius....we just want to see proof of bullshit claims before taking them seriously.
No need. You and I both know you did. You're getting angry again right now Ace.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>You caught that. I know a lot of gays are posers who pretend they are straight supporters.
I am waiting for one to explain why they do not support same sex adult blood marriages. Sounds like discrimination, hate and bigotry to me.
That's what it is. The "marriage equality stops right after I get it" attitude, otherwise known as hypocrisy.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
"we"?
Yes we as a country ( you too ) now have same sex recognition in all 50 states on the federal level
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't sell vitamin B nor give tutoring classes on social skills.
FYI before you waste your time.
LOL!!!
You tried huh? You would go to a home improvement store for vitamins and classes, because you're stupid. But I wouldn't.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are in favor of same sex adult incest marriages.
You asked for a case where a sibling wanted to marry and was denied, but now you say no American should have to ask nor demand rights already given to them by our Constitution and how our country was set up in which citizens are afforded a full set of liberties and freedoms providing those liberties do not produce harm.
Then you get angry.
It's "...produce viable harm". Dan likes the word "viable" he heard someone intelligent use it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Multiple syllable words allude you do they?
I'll try to remember that on my next response directed your way simpleton.
LOL!!!!
Please do. Better yet, top trying to appear literate.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Could care less.
You can spout off ALL day long like some meth induced nutter for all I care dumbshit.
LOL!!!
I see you've gained some anger management skills. Court ordered? Or is it medication?

LOL!!!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we as a country ( you too ) now have same sex recognition in all 50 states on the federal level
Nice save!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Monterey Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••