Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,197

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212990 Aug 29, 2013
Business idea: Make land mines looking like prayer rugs. Sell in Middle East. Call Adhan. Prophets go thru roof.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Sameoldstuff

Cambridge, IL

#212991 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, we are up to 37 states and still rising.
New Mexico is not a SSM state, but you know, that but would rather lie. All New Mexico has to do is change their marriage laws in those two counties, to make them same sex exclusive. You know, that is called a state DOMA.
DOMA was a federal mandate, BTW shot down. You see the Federal Government can not define marriage, that is a state issue. Btw DOMA was shot down. In case you missed it Same sex Marriage is legal in 14 states as well as Washington DC, oh and BTW DOMA was shot down. Its like talking to an infant.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212992 Aug 29, 2013
debsuelyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read alot of your posts and I do not believe that you are on the forum to discuss like alot of the people on the forum. It seems as though you want to argue or call people names. It would certainly be nice if people out there could somehow find a way to respect each others opinions. Is this the way you treat your family? People that do these things are usually very unhappy about their lives and hurt others. Make a change in your life and ask Christ to come into your life and you will never regret what the Holy Spirit can do for you.
Yes. I agree. Jizzy (aka Sameolddummy) needs Jesus in his life real bad.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212993 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>What does Jesus have to do with same sex marriage, this thread or anything to do with the Government?????
She's just trying to help you Jizzy. Jesus loves you.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212994 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are not, you are ignoring the marriages licenses that are being presented in New Mexico
Yes it is, it was 50 states a few years ago that did not recognize SSM, it was 38 at the beginning of this year now it is 36
Not an opinion... a fact
36, 37, yes it is, no it's not. 50 states bla bla bla. Oy vey!

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#212995 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I h ave notice that most of them are angry.
LOL!!! Fundie 101. When unable to support your arguments, label your opponents as "angry". Your routine is tired, just like your unsupported drivel. Must suck to go through life being as lame and desperate as you are.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212996 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>I h ave notice that most of them are angry. I find that odd, since they claim we are losing, but instead of demonstrating glee they project anger.
For over 200 years blacks lost the slavery fight, so even if this evil of humanity were to prevail, it would not be sustained.
Gays must not believe in evolution. If they did, they could not think that after 200,000 years, in 2013 for the first time societies are addressing same sex marriages. It along with pet marriages have always been a bad idea. This despite the fact that a number of Egyptian queens regarded their cats as royalty and deified them.
All gays can hope for is blind ignorance and straights who are homophobes and will vote for SSM just to avoid contact with them.
Gays are humans, marriage is defined, although both noble, they do not co-mingle. Homosexuality is a behavior, mutable and changeable or should we say fluid. They know this.
BTW it looks like HI will go before the end of the year, you will have lost 3 states in one year and be down to 35 soon... not bad.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#212997 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to not be able to read.
Prop 8 was shot down by a Federal Judge, that was upheld by the Court of appeals. SCOTUS shot the case down, due to lack of standing. That ruling then returned it back to the Federal Judge. Now as you can see California's Supreme Court stands by the Federal Judge. EVERY county in California has to issue marriage licences. NO if's and's or but's. Its the law sunshine.
"California's Supreme Court on Tuesday denied the San Diego County clerk's request to immediately halt same-sex marriages in the state, the latest, if not necessarily last, key ruling in a years-long legal fight.
The decision was announced in a brief ruling, which said: "The request for an immediate temporary stay or injunctive relief is denied."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/23/justice/califor...
Jizzy is the go to source for the latest trivia on same sex marriage! I won't argue.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#212998 Aug 29, 2013
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>Which is exactly why straights are rejecting your gayness in increasing numbers.
Completely unsupported statement. You seem to be full of those.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not even have 100% acceptance of homosexuality among gays.
Another completely unsupported statement. Oh, and just by the way dear, the only acceptance of homosexuality I'm concerned with is my own. Your acceptance and anyone else's is neither requested or required. You are unimportant.
Helpful Hints wrote:
<quoted text>
GEEEEZ, yours is a failed proposition. <smile>
Dingleberry, I didn't offer a proposition. Good to see your comprehension skills are on par with your intelligence. Both are for shyt.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#212999 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>What does Jesus have to do with same sex marriage, this thread or anything to do with the Government?????
Jesus told them not to judge others, that is how you can tell if you are talking to an actual follower of Jesus or not.

Jesus didnít say anything at all about same sex marriage.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213002 Aug 29, 2013
Sameoldstuff wrote:
<quoted text>Awww, are you confused butternipples. Facts are facts, same sex marriage is equal to that of opposite sex marriage.
"butternipples"? WHOA! Easy there cowboy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213003 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! Fundie 101. When unable to support your arguments, label your opponents as "angry". Your routine is tired, just like your unsupported drivel. Must suck to go through life being as lame and desperate as you are.
Yeah yeah, fundie 101 ha ha so funny.

Reality 101: You are very angry.
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio

Wooster, OH

#213007 Aug 29, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Trying to teach a pig to dance ol boy' Or maybe an ape to sing???
Pigs and apes don't seem to listen...

Wooster, OH

#213008 Aug 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
However, at this point, I'm more married all by myself than SS couples are.
That's how severe your denial is.
Nice :-D
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213009 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...Jesus didnít say anything at all about same sex marriage.
Exactly.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213010 Aug 29, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
... You are unimportant.
<
"You are unimportant". Jonah1 declared testily in an angry rant against him.

Wooster, OH

#213011 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
You, him, me and about 200,000 plus are in a slice of the anonymous internet known as 'TOPIX' genius. It doesn't take much balls on your behalf either to post in here so give it a rest buttercup.
LOL!!!
So, you condone the publication of posters personal info?

Wooster, OH

#213012 Aug 29, 2013
Randy Hudson Wooster Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>Fact: An @nus is a garbage chute. Not meant for sexual gratification.
Fact.
If you cannot fathom a basic fact, then you have no business debating/arguing with your betters.
Geuss I'm back to being censored...
Ah... A censored post.

Wooster, OH

#213013 Aug 29, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Go on. Tell me "no" when I buy another yellow sportscar because you happen to not like fast cars sporting the colors of the mighty dandelion.
I'll grease my undercarriage with your dragging carcass as you attempt to stop me.
It's none of your business sunshine to tell same sexed couples not to marry.
Gawd DAMN you're a dumbfuck....LOL!!!
I officially "Tell you "no" when you think that you should buy another yellow sportscar, because I happen to not like fast cars sporting the colors of the mighty dandelion...and shit."
There...please, Dan, run me over.....do it now...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#213014 Aug 29, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW it looks like HI will go before the end of the year, you will have lost 3 states in one year and be down to 35 soon... not bad.
Oh no!

P.S. Where's it going? I thought it was anchored down pretty good to the ocean floor. Hope it's going towards the maialand, fights will be cheaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) 11 hr Hans Smit 15,726
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 hr STEFANO COLONNA 70,159
Who do you support for Superintendent of Public... (Oct '10) Thu concernedconserva... 48
Live Oak stabbing is second in two days (Jun '08) Oct 28 maranatha 246
International CIT conference comes to Monterey Oct 14 DO Powers 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Oct 8 thazzleb17 2
Pacific Grove Girl Chelsie Hills Law suit. Rea... Oct 3 Siding with Toyota 1

Beach Hazards Statement for Monterey County was issued at November 01 at 1:44AM PDT

Monterey Dating
Find my Match

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]