Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
183,801 - 183,820 of 200,602 Comments Last updated Yesterday
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

True Science wrote:
<quoted text>And you think that gravity is a choice and behavior. News flash, homosexuality is a choice and behavior, gravity is not. All life is effected by gravity only 1% of humans choose to be homosexual.
Did I just hear a little soap bubble go 'pop'?
Evil times

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

$46 for the family to go look at old cars, most of which I could go see at Legends next Sunday.

Legends on Route 66 will have their FREE car show the first Sunday of each month.

I know the money is for a good cause, but $46 is a whole lot of money, when there are plenty of other free car shows around the SGV.

The good causes are controlled by brown-nose clubs and close the rank and file to stop progress and further evil in Glendora, California.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Jesse be frowning wrote:
<quoted text>
"ignorance, hate and bigotry"
There's been TWO very high profile hate crimes by the Race Baiters (an Australian and a WW2 vet murdered) and yet the assclowns still throw back their heads in semen gargling unison with their slogans.
Have they no shame at all?
The media is falling all over themselves to avoid calling this a hate crime yet they had no problem calling George Zimmerman's self defense to save his life a hate crime.

These kids killed the man for sport. One of them had just posted his hate for white people online.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Kinda fond of the little doofus huh?
I like 'em dumb and angry. Lots of fun. I am getting a little fond of the silly little dope "huh". Even his name is funny.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

True Science wrote:
<quoted text>.....
In fact, I just saw a Newsmax poll, well only 1000 people polled at the time, but it had homosexuality not being accept by 90% of Americans. Not only is same sex marriage losing but now homosexuality is being rejected.
newsmax?
LOL.
they can only poll 1000 people because that's all that read it!
check with the pew research center's polling. you'll find dramatically different results - particularly since they don't stick with just one demographic when they poll. like, say, readers of only one news source that are already pre-disposed to answers leaning one way or the other.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's fun to make you dance like a silly jackass puppet.
We are all making YOU dance, fool. If this thread becomes locked, you would have no life. Tissue, anyone?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

~Whoop!~Whoop!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

True Science wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, now you are saying that gayness is moving faster than black civil rights. The civil rights movement took 5 years.
Your gay hate movement has been going on since 1973, which is 40 years. Same sex marriage started being an issue in 1994, which is almost 20 years. To date, not once state has changed their constitutional definition of marriage to include same sex.
Also, not one state has ever voted for same sex marriage. Maybe, one out of 13. The timing is clear, without gay politicians you have no gains.
In fact, I just saw a Newsmax poll, well only 1000 people polled at the time, but it had homosexuality not being accept by 90% of Americans. Not only is same sex marriage losing but now homosexuality is being rejected.
Wait until more states get a hold of the gays pushing the agenda on to their children. Many blind straights have asked what is the harm and now they are seeing it.
Homosexual relationships, marriages, and rights have been going on for thousands of years. Our issues are hardly new. You're so shortsighted that you believe the gay movement began 40 years ago. Bitch please...

Plus, nobody wants to push a "gay agenda" on your kids. You people and your scare-tactics.

If you were truly concerned about kids, you would be outraged that gay kids are 4 times more likely to attempt suicide than there heterosexual counterparts. That number jumps to 8 times more likely if that gay kid lives in a home where his/her family is unsupportive.

But I'm sure you're not concerned about that. You're probably like Kimare, who wishes that homosexuals would suddenly disappear off the planet. You morons live in a world of make-believe. You think if you wish hard enough, we'll just stop being born. How childish...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all making YOU dance, fool. If this thread becomes locked, you would have no life. Tissue, anyone?
Kook whimpered, dancing to Frankie's tune.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
Frankie.No anti-Semite. Just was saying I don't believe in any god or cult religion. Heck my son married a jewish women she is great. So again your attacking for sake of attacking.
Sure. "flying space jew god?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
"thread becomes locked"

What a dope!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that like the "Frankie's a liar" reason for marriage equality or the "Frankie needs English lessons" reason for marriage quality?
I prefer Frankie needs to play on the freeway, wish I had said it first.

Yeah, you are an uncomprehending little idiot have has no concept of English and is so dishonest as to be impossible to actually discuss anything with.

That about sums it up

That you are a liar goes without saying, but everyone knows that.

The only reason you post is because you are lonely and want to get a rise out of someone.
Smg23

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

cool
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well is not the god of your cults buybull sort of jewish?
Who's my cult? What's a buybull?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer Frankie needs to play on the freeway, wish I had said it first.
Yeah, you are an uncomprehending little idiot have has no concept of English and is so dishonest as to be impossible to actually discuss anything with.
That about sums it up
That you are a liar goes without saying, but everyone knows that.
The only reason you post is because you are lonely and want to get a rise out of someone.
Get an argument, calm down then come back. m'kay?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Ah good times! Too funny!~Whoop!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Your cult?? The Christian religion....The buybull??? The bible.
Religion has little place in a discussion of marriage equality. You whine when someone uses it to support their argument, but you do it yourself.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"The most critical relationship of society"? Really? Maybe your argument would hold water if there weren't so many unwed parents around the world. 40.7% of all children born in the U.S. are born to unwed mothers.
And yet the world continues to spin. The U.S. has never held a more powerful position in the world than it does now. You'd think with all of those unwed mothers we'd see our country in a STEEP decline.
I guess it's not as "critical" as you would have us believe.
We ARE in a steep decline, and not just because of those unwed mothers...
It is exactly as critical as we say it is. It's your crowd that doesn't want to recognize this fact. After all, you just got given what you've been wanting for a long time. Why would you admit that there is any error now?
Like when the Titanic went down. There were all kinds of alcoholics on board, getting drunk for free, oblivious to the fact that the ship was sinking.....They didn't care, they were getting the buzz on, and that was all they cared about.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

kookaa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we have no tissues, stop crying and you won't need one.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
More opinion... No facts... You don't even believe your own boo-shit anymore. Why should we?
This:
"Most people don't think.
Most people are in denial.
Reality does not support you."
isn't boo-shit, at all. It's a fact. You can ignore it all you want to.
Most people don't think any more. They just trust that others are doing the thinking, and they're only along for the ride.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info