Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,168

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
shop on

Monrovia, CA

#211695 Aug 22, 2013
125 shopping days left: Retailers start Xmas deals.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#211697 Aug 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is same sex marriages are becoming a non-issue. I did not pull up your great 'youtube' video given I know how shallow you are and have to give into the fact it's just propagandist horseshit.
FYI. And have a good week loser.
This may be useful in the future.

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

SCOTUS Majority opinion:

West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette 1943

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211699 Aug 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is same sex marriages are becoming a non-issue. I did not pull up your great 'youtube' video given I know how shallow you are and have to give into the fact it's just propagandist horseshit.
Do you have a wife named suzanne?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211700 Aug 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the intro to 1950's Superman show. I'm making fun of Big D. Have a bad week schmuck.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211701 Aug 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Like the world will end if we allow boys who identify themselves as female to use the girls restrooms.
Fuuck the idea you pay taxes by the way. We all do dumbass. I and many others no doubt pay more than you idiot. As it is I too don't get it but it's not our world to control. If we have a viable population that identifies themselves as being born as the wrong sex then we as a society need to answer to it in a responsible way. You have no clue to this given your ignorant response so kindly piss off punk.
Relax fruitloops.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211702 Aug 22, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Like the world will end if we allow boys who identify themselves as female to use the girls restrooms.
Fuuck the idea you pay taxes by the way. We all do dumbass. I and many others no doubt pay more than you idiot. As it is I too don't get it but it's not our world to control. If we have a viable population that identifies themselves as being born as the wrong sex then we as a society need to answer to it in a responsible way. You have no clue to this given your ignorant response so kindly piss off punk.
Oh boy! Are you gonna tell him to meet you in the Home Depot parking lot?
commonpeeps

Covina, CA

#211703 Aug 22, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So you hate freedom and equality...GOT IT ....ok Nazi now move to Iran since you hate the Constitution.
Your handle equates your ability to understand.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#211704 Aug 23, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>This may be useful in the future.
"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."
SCOTUS Majority opinion:
That's nice.... But ALL MEN AND ALL WOMEN, provided they meet the requirements set forth by the state, have the same right to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, valid in all fifty states.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#211705 Aug 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
Your lack of respect for a vet only confirms your perverted social protocol.

Without disparaging the sexual disorder of GLBT, if someone who looks like a boy walks into a bathroom my daughter is in, they will get their ass kicked til they are screaming like a girl.

The only fair solution is privacy for both the transvestite and females.

I dare you to talk like that again to a vet in a group of patriots.

Smile.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#211706 Aug 23, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The "deviation" from Scripture is entirely yours. There are no verses in the Bible that legitimately translate into a condemnation of homosexuality. None. Quite the contrary, the Bible CELEBRATES the marriage of David and Johnathan in 1 Samuel.
Secondly, all of the valid science to date shows a genetic connection to sexual orientation. So, if it is not just the random shuffling of genes for evolution, then it is the choice of the Divine. Sure, it is a man and a woman to make a baby, but the world most certainly does NOT need every person reproducing. Having a few non-breeders is a GOOD thing!
Oh, and finally, the Bible does not say abortion is a sin. The only place it really mentions it, it is no big deal.
Has science found the "gay gene"?

Location hidden

#211707 Aug 23, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>This may be useful in the future.
SCOTUS Majority opinion:
"We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner v Oklahoma

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."- Loving v Virginia

"Our Court has not recognized a fundamental right to marry that departs in any respect from the right defined by the US Supreme Court in cases like Skinner which acknowledged that marriage is "fundamental to the very existence and survival of the [human] race" because it is the primary institution supporting procreation and child-rearing (316 US at 541; see also Zablocki, 434 US 374; Griswold, 381 US 479). The binary nature of marriage—its inclusion of one woman and one man—reflects the biological fact that human procreation cannot be accomplished without the genetic contribution of both a male and a female. Marriage creates a supportive environment for procreation to occur and the resulting offspring to be nurtured. Although plaintiffs suggest that the connection between procreation and marriage has become anachronistic because of scientific advances in assisted reproduction technology, the fact remains that the vast majority of children are conceived naturally through sexual contact between a woman and a man."- Hernandez v Robels

"It is an institution in the maintenance of which in its purity the public is deeply interested, for it is the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress. "- Maynard v Hill
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211708 Aug 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmmmmmmm......something is odd in the way you responded. Not the typical Big D sound.....imposter perhaps....oh well....here's some history for ya kiddo.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/2005/05/thomas-woo...
It is all very well to point out that important scientists, like Louis Pasteur, have been Catholic. More revealing is how many priests have distinguished themselves in the sciences. It turns out, for instance, that the first person to measure the rate of acceleration of a freely falling body was Fr. Giambattista Riccioli. The man who has been called the father of Egyptology was Fr. Athanasius Kircher (also called "master of a hundred arts" for the breadth of his knowledge). Fr. Roger Boscovich, who has been described as "the greatest genius that Yugoslavia ever produced," has often been called the father of modern atomic theory.
In the sciences it was the Jesuits in particular who distinguished themselves; some 35 craters on the moon, in fact, are named after Jesuit scientists and mathematicians.
By the eighteenth century, the Jesuits
had contributed to the development of pendulum clocks, pantographs, barometers, reflecting telescopes and microscopes, to scientific fields as various as magnetism, optics and electricity. They observed, in some cases before anyone else, the colored bands on Jupiter’s surface, the Andromeda nebula and Saturn’s rings. They theorized about the circulation of the blood (independently of Harvey), the theoretical possibility of flight, the way the moon effected the tides, and the wave-like nature of light. Star maps of the southern hemisphere, symbolic logic, flood-control measures on the Po and Adige rivers, introducing plus and minus signs into Italian mathematics — all were typical Jesuit achievements, and scientists as influential as Fermat, Huygens, Leibniz and Newton were not alone in counting Jesuits among their most prized correspondents [Jonathan Wright, The Jesuits, 2004, p. 189].
Seismology, the study of earthquakes, has been so dominated by Jesuits that it has become known as "the Jesuit science." It was a Jesuit, Fr. J.B. Macelwane, who wrote Introduction to Theoretical Seismology, the first seismology textbook in America, in 1936. To this day, the American Geophysical Union, which Fr. Macelwane once headed, gives an annual medal named after this brilliant priest to a promising young geophysicist..... etc
and you think that atones for millions upon millions murdered, tortured, entire cities wiped out, suppression of entire populations.

There is no statute of limitations on murder. If a serial killer also does some charity work, it doesn't excuse him.
You must be Catholic, say three hail Mary's and sins are gone

Since: Aug 13

Bamenda, Cameroon

#211709 Aug 23, 2013
you can not vote

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#211710 Aug 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
and you think that atones for millions upon millions murdered, tortured, entire cities wiped out, suppression of entire populations.
That's communism, Big D.
There is no statute of limitations on murder. If a serial killer also does some charity work, it doesn't excuse him.
Fine, go arrest Cain.
You must be Catholic, say three hail Mary's and sins are gone
You must be an atheist, go kiss your bobble head dolls of Mao, Hitler, and Stalin.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211711 Aug 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's communism, Big D.
<quoted text>
Fine, go arrest Cain.
<quoted text>
You must be an atheist, go kiss your bobble head dolls of Mao, Hitler, and Stalin.
Oh non-idealistic nationalism is also one of the three great plagues of mankind, nearly as bad as Religion.

I don't think well of Mao or Stalin either

They just weren't alive long enough to do the kind of damage Religion has
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211712 Aug 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
That's communism, Big D.
<quoted text>
Fine, go arrest Cain.
<quoted text>
Cain was not an actual person, it is a story, I am talking about what is real

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#211713 Aug 23, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Cain was not an actual person, it is a story, I am talking about what is real
I was speaking metaphorically. You're so fixated on the "evil of religion" you are either unwilling or unable to acknowledge its positive contributions to civilization. It is impossible to eliminate religion for man will always have a belief in life beyond "what is real".
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211714 Aug 23, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
I was speaking metaphorically. You're so fixated on the "evil of religion" you are either unwilling or unable to acknowledge its positive contributions to civilization. It is impossible to eliminate religion for man will always have a belief in life beyond "what is real".
It is one of the three plagues of mankind, probably the worst

How about the other plagues? Are you willing to look at Nazi Germany's positive contributions to civilization?

The USSR?

Are we thankful they existed because of their positive contributions?

There were some ya know, kind of gets overshadowed by the horrific bad stuff doesn’t it?

Same with Religion, It is time the human race grew up and put their fantasy away

Location hidden

#211716 Aug 23, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
No such law. That was just a Nazi who wanted to hide fact he was so he made up some BS law. If you act like a Nazi like far righters do that is what us normal people will call you.
I think your name fits well.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#211718 Aug 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lack of respect for a vet only confirms your perverted social protocol.
Without disparaging the sexual disorder of GLBT, if someone who looks like a boy walks into a bathroom my daughter is in, they will get their ass kicked til they are screaming like a girl.
The only fair solution is privacy for both the transvestite and females.
I dare you to talk like that again to a vet in a group of patriots.
Smile.
Being lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender is not a sexual disorder. Hasn't been a disorder for 40 years.

Stop lying.

Isn't it funny how many of your posts involve blatant lies?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL 71,018
Carmel River diverted to allow dam removal, pre... Dec 16 Clint 1
Calif. cop may be fired for giving suicidal stu... Dec 13 John Smith 1
Kristen Scannell Saratoga Springs NY Adds New H... Dec 12 Alex Montgomery 1
Who do you think is the MOST corrupt Monterey C... Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 1
where can I find heroin in monterey? Dec 9 montereyusedtobenice 5
Help! In need of opiates preferably boi Dec 5 Njp9080 1
Monterey Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web