Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201862 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

sheesh

Silver Spring, MD

#211624 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
sheesh, I do not mean to be rude, but we do not agree with you because homosexuality is not normal, for God did not intend for man to use his genitals to put into a rectum that is only suppose to be for bowel movements. God does not create homosexuals and we feel that you are being confused because you obiously have not read in one of our post about the site called "NOT BORN THAT WAY". We are not telling you what to believe, for you or anyone else on this forum can believe whatever you want to, but it seems to us that most people on this forum do not want to believe in God or they do not like some of the Scriptures. If God did not create homosexuals, then it means to us that this is abnormal, just like alot of things that people partake in. Please just let us be and we will let you be. We have studied the Scriptures also and we do have a Greek and Hebrew text and we do also alot of research. Thank you.
Yeah, I read your ďNOT BORN THAT WAYĒ link. I donít mean to be rude either, but it is pure hokum. Go read the bit from NOT BORN THAT WAY that is supposed to be a quote of Dr. Collinsí and then read what Dr. Collins has to say about his words being twisted to promote an agenda.
You can find it here:
http://wthrockmorton.com/2008/09/what-did-fra...
If that doesnít work copy and paste these two fragments together:
http://wthrockmorton.com/2008/09/what-di
d-francis-collins-really-say-a bout-homosexuality/

Then get back to me about your favorite link.
Are your Greek and Hebrew texts based upon ancient definitions or modern ones? There is a difference.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211626 Aug 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, come on now!
Those are not truths, they never were. They were the best that an uneducated populace could come up with.
1) Being of European descent, I like this one.
2) We have used science to prove that was not. We didn't have Skylab back then...
3) Try to tell a woman that... Call me from the hospital....
4) Heliocentricism was also disproved through the use of scientific equipment.
5) Religion? Hell no.... don't even go there...
6) S/A/A
7) It's amazing how far we've come, thanks to science.
Science has also shown us what the human body is designed for. It's not designed for anal sex, any more than a screwdriver was designed to be used as a chisel. Some people just have a knack for misusing equipment.. This does not make a screwdriver a legitimate chisel....
This isn't about morality, it's about propriety. It's about calling a spade a spade...
And if you cannot see the fundamental difference between a heterosexual couple and a same gender one, and if you cannot see how these 1400 rights (or whatever the number) is the goal of this legislation, then you cannot see anything. No-one is stopping anyone from being gay. But, there is a majority of us that refuse to accept legislation instead of simple recognition. Any more than an illegal waving a green card is an American, at least to me. Shams and scams.
Correction: Geocentricism, not Heliocentricism.
sheesh

United States

#211627 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
sheesh, you must have gone to the wrong site because there is testimonies and also doctors that have research genes and homosexuals did not get a gene to make them what they are. We will not discuss this with you any longer. We hope that we have not offended you in anyway, but my husband and I cannot change what God has revealed to us through His Scriptures. Thank you for all your comments, for we are still searching ourselves to know how much more we can serve our Creator.
I clicked on your link. It took me to your favorite site.

Testimonies are not evidence. Get that through your head. Testimonies sell a lot of snake oil on TV late at night.
The website quotes doctors who've done research. The quotes are selected carefully to "prove" their point. I directed you previously to what one of those doctors said about the misuse of his work. "NOT BORN THAT WAY" takes his words out of context and uses them to spread falsehoods. I don't know how to make this any more clear to you. If you're happy to take them at their word, that is your burden to bear. A sensible person would look beyond their claims and seek the truth behind the evidence presented.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211628 Aug 22, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I got one. Or at least I had one. It broke so I took it back to WalMart for a full refund.
It must have been a Chinese horizon, if you got it at WalMart, and it broke....
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211629 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes like same sex marriage is now legal in more states in the US and more countries every year, real, definable truth
I have little interest in debating with someone who promotes FSM as a religion, and who lies, and who evades the truth. Someone who dances and dodges and ducks. I think that you're not playing with a full deck.

I will show you more respect than you have shown me. "same sex marriage is now legal in more states in the US and more countries every year." is, indeed, a truth. However, it is based on subversion and infiltration. It is based on politicians who change their minds for personal bias, and do not stand their ground. It is not based on science or recognition of the validity of a heterosexual marriage.

Now, having directly addressed your post, and having given you a valid, pertinent response, I am done with you. I have shown you way more respect than you have shown me. And, you deserve none, with all of your dodging and ducking, your "you're not a true American" bullshit, your mockery of religion and the massive amount of people who are still in possession of a belief system. You twisting has bored me to tears, and I will not bandy any more words with a con artist, a corporate puppet, a spin artist.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211630 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Play on Freeway? Stick finger in light socket? Continue to post stupid stuff?
Yep. That seems to be your plan everyday. So why are you telling me? I read your stupid stuff with great amusement. I'm your biggest fan.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211631 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Sweet Tap Dancing Christ on a cracker, you're batsh!t crazy
Just continue to ignore her.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211632 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think any Gods that anyone has ever believed in did. Not one of the billions of Gods man has come up with.
Billions? List 'em.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211633 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>True, these however never change.
Frankie is a Dumbass.
Only a dumbass would consider me a dumbass.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211634 Aug 22, 2013
So Jizzy/Poof/SameoldMoron/Jbird/ Zoro/BudLongneck/Bud-light-in- the-loafers/etc. What will your next sock puppet be called? Are you accepting suggestions?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211636 Aug 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I have little interest in debating with someone who promotes FSM as a religion, and who lies, and who evades the truth. Someone who dances and dodges and ducks. I think that you're not playing with a full deck.
I will show you more respect than you have shown me. "same sex marriage is now legal in more states in the US and more countries every year." is, indeed, a truth. However, it is based on subversion and infiltration. It is based on politicians who change their minds for personal bias, and do not stand their ground. It is not based on science or recognition of the validity of a heterosexual marriage.
Now, having directly addressed your post, and having given you a valid, pertinent response, I am done with you. I have shown you way more respect than you have shown me. And, you deserve none, with all of your dodging and ducking, your "you're not a true American" bullshit, your mockery of religion and the massive amount of people who are still in possession of a belief system. You twisting has bored me to tears, and I will not bandy any more words with a con artist, a corporate puppet, a spin artist.
And a liar.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211637 Aug 22, 2013
SameoldStuff wrote:
<quoted text>Brokendown Hoveround found on Freeway.
You shouldn't have taken it on the freeway and you should have maintained it better and that wouldn't have happened. Now we taxpayers are going to have to buy you a new one moocher. GET A JOB!
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211638 Aug 22, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Billions? List 'em.
There are Indian cultures that believe there is a separate god for each and every family that has ever lived. That is several billion right there.

As valid as Wicca, or Scientology, or Christianity or FSM or any other religion.

All equal in the eyes of the law
Big D

Modesto, CA

#211639 Aug 22, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
I have little interest in debating with someone who promotes FSM as a religion, and who lies, and who evades the truth. Someone who dances and dodges and ducks. I think that you're not playing with a full deck.
I will show you more respect than you have shown me. "same sex marriage is now legal in more states in the US and more countries every year." is, indeed, a truth. However, it is based on subversion and infiltration. It is based on politicians who change their minds for personal bias, and do not stand their ground. It is not based on science or recognition of the validity of a heterosexual marriage.
Now, having directly addressed your post, and having given you a valid, pertinent response, I am done with you. I have shown you way more respect than you have shown me. And, you deserve none, with all of your dodging and ducking, your "you're not a true American" bullshit, your mockery of religion and the massive amount of people who are still in possession of a belief system. You twisting has bored me to tears, and I will not bandy any more words with a con artist, a corporate puppet, a spin artist.
I donít care what you like, it is as valid a religion as any other.

You have never ever given any valid pertinent response to anything, donít kid yourself.

You are free to believe in UFO's, or the Flat Earth Society, or Christianity, or Voo Doo, or FSM, or whatever belief you choose to believe, as long as you donít try to push your little beliefs rules onto others, we donít have a problem.

I donít promote FSM, but I do applaud them, they have done an excellent job at what I personally think they were trying to accomplish.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211641 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
sheesh, I do not mean to be rude, but we do not agree with you because homosexuality is not normal, for God did not intend for man to use his genitals to put into a rectum that is only suppose to be for bowel movements. God does not create homosexuals and we feel that you are being confused because you obiously have not read in one of our post about the site called "NOT BORN THAT WAY". We are not telling you what to believe, for you or anyone else on this forum can believe whatever you want to, but it seems to us that most people on this forum do not want to believe in God or they do not like some of the Scriptures. If God did not create homosexuals, then it means to us that this is abnormal, just like alot of things that people partake in. Please just let us be and we will let you be. We have studied the Scriptures also and we do have a Greek and Hebrew text and we do also alot of research. Thank you.
Therefore if God didn't create the homosexual, should we hang them? How do you know what a homosexual does with their partner? I have heard many straight people doing that rectum stuff. What's up with that? A lot of homosexuals might want to believe in God but with people like you constantly judging them and belittling them, I doubt they will even look at a Church. You and your coward husband are driving them away.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211642 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
He was a keynote speaker for President Obama at the Inaguaral Prayer Breakfast in Jan. 2013. This is the most powerful message that I personally ever heard and cried all the way through it. He also spoke at a celebration for President George Washington
He must really be old? He spoke for George Washington and then President Obama. Wow, God is blessing him!
heartandmind

Moline, IL

#211645 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
Heartandmind, I am sorry that you are taking everything I say and turning it around, but you cannot tell someone what to say...... You go ahead and do it your way, but we are doing it our way, the way that we feel that God would want us to do....You have tried to make it sound that we are out there for some reason and purposely hurting children....We love children for we raised 3 of them and for you to suggest that we are hurting them is totally wrong, for we believe that we are helping them by giving them a great start in knowing God through His Son Jesus that can be in their lives and help them with every need including not becoming homosexuals or doing anything that is against our Creator. For this is who we are and this is what God is telling us to do for without God in our lives, we are nothing, for he did it all when he sent His Son to die for our sins and the sins of the world.
Sorry, i had to edit down the characters so there'd be room for me to respond. and, that is in no way "abusive".
i haven't turned one syllable around of what you've said. i have informed you of the ramifications that i have personally seen of what you're doing and what you're trying to "teach". you are not trained professionals in the mental health field. you are, in fact, doing damage to the psyche to children or young adults - in short, you're making thier problems and issues WORSE with how you're handling things. but you choose to continue - just understand that you do or will wear the blood of a suicide victim on your hands with your methods. can you live with that? can you live with the knowledge of causing a young person to kill themselves? if you can, then you'll continue. seriously think about what you're doing and saying.
it's fine to be a person of faith. i am a christian myself. my partner & i are raising our 3 kids to have faith, to follow their faith and to live within the church. but i'm also teaching them not to have any expectations or demands on people that don't choose the same path as they.
you demand that homosexuals change without recognizing that this is who they (we) are. you are who you are. fine. i can live with that. but you can't live with the fact that homosexuals exist - and have since the dawn of time. have existed in all cultures and societies. in all of the animal kingdom. and as we have for eons, we will continue to do so. and since you can't live with that knowledge you decide to attempt to change people. therein lies the difference between us. you expect people to change. we do not. we expect people to live out their lives in peace.
if you truly want to help people, i strongly suggest you find another path. be it homeless people, hungry people or folks that might be physically hindered. but just because you've chosen homosexuals for your special attention, don't expect anything positive to come of your efforts. you're spinning your wheels. and will continue to be met with derision because we all know and understand far better than you homosexuality. why, derision you may wonder? go back re-read your posts from another perspective with an open mind and open heart. and in your posts you'll see an arrogance and a lofty holier-than-thou attitude. neither of which lends itself to "helping" anyone.

rethink your tactics and approach. among other things.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#211646 Aug 22, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
sheesh, I do not mean to be rude, but we do not agree with you because homosexuality is not normal, for God did not intend for man to use his genitals to put into a rectum that is only suppose to be for bowel movements. God does not create homosexuals and we feel that you are being confused because you obiously have not read in one of our post about the site called "NOT BORN THAT WAY". We are not telling you what to believe, for you or anyone else on this forum can believe whatever you want to, but it seems to us that most people on this forum do not want to believe in God or they do not like some of the Scriptures. If God did not create homosexuals, then it means to us that this is abnormal, just like alot of things that people partake in. Please just let us be and we will let you be. We have studied the Scriptures also and we do have a Greek and Hebrew text and we do also alot of research. Thank you.
Suzanne...

I would like to invite you to where I live in Knoxville, TN so that can personally carry out what you believe is God's commandment and "dispatch" me from the planet. If you have the gall to come here day after day and talk about gays not being natural; quoting from scripture, etc. then you shouldn't have a problem pulling the trigger to eliminate me. According to your interpretation of scripture, you'd be doing the world a favor.

You can send me a private message here on TOPIX and I will make sure that you have my address.

Should we set a date?

Now, if you want to consult God--instead of scripture--on how you should deal with homosexuals, that's fine by me. That's what I have encouraged you to do all along.

But if you are a strict adherent to scripture, then you know what you must do.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211647 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I donít promote FSM, but I do applaud them, they have done an excellent job at what I personally think they were trying to accomplish.
Here we have Big D distancing himself from his former enthusiasm for the ridiculous FSM. Dishonesty.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#211648 Aug 22, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
...You are free to believe in UFO's, or the Flat Earth Society, or Christianity, or Voo Doo, or FSM, or whatever belief you choose to believe,
I'm sure he appreciates your permission but let me remind you once again he neither asked for it or needs it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Aug 27 Norbert of Norview 71,944
News SD-area man gets 14 years for abusing wife (Jan '11) Aug 22 dGo mnaDde lyHo i... 5
News Fear mongering in Spreckels will have been in vain Aug 7 I am sorry 1
Monterey Public Officials VIOLATING FEDERAL LAWS Aug 7 Un agenda 21 and ... 6
News Del Rey Oaks Garden Center grand opening schedu... Jul '15 Kathi Buckley Smith 1
drugs Jul '15 JayJay 2
News Sex offender Tom Pollacci pleads not guilty to ... (Mar '09) Jul '15 martin5 360
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Monterey Mortgages