Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 9,165)

Showing posts 183,281 - 183,300 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Cobby

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

This must be the "corn holler's" favorite site, I really mean the religious corn holler's.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are concerned enough to compose a post to tell him you have "absolutely no concern..."
Priceless!
And, in doing so, dismissed his own concerns about the religious people in schools, at the same time...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact remains;
Historical context is the argument of fools!!! Always has been, always will be.
Now you just go to your corner and pout about the fact that just because something hasn't been done before, that that doesn't mean it shouldn't be done now!!!!!! Whether something was done in the past will always and forever be COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT!!!!!!!
Historical context is the use of the wisdom that we have gathered over the ages. Dismissing it is the only way that you can even attempt to validate your position. Boring...

"Whether something was done in the past will always and forever be COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT"... Uh huh....right...
Language, culture, art, medicine, etc....all irelevant......righty right.
Whatever you say, sweetums...
Stew

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

We are not worried everyone needs a block head like frank and the others to make a good "stupidly Stew."

It's always fresh because the idiots do it every hour on the hour.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, just because something was true in the past, does not make it a good thing.
See above post.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairy tale time again!!
Feel free to present APA studies and demonstrate the fraudulency and expose where science has been distorted!! Get right on that. When you do, be sure and present all the numerous other studies that basically reach the same conclusion as the APAs!!!
I love that idiots like you actually think that anyone above a 6th grade education would believe that an organization as large and respected as the APA would risk their credibility in order to promote your mythical "gay agenda"!!!!! You are so f*cking stupid Greggie!!!! LOL!!!!
<quoted text>
Your obsession over anal sex is creepy. Secondly, medical doctors would never state that a sexual practice was "demeaning". This is a judgment only, and it's yours. It's as irrelevant as all your other made up bullshyt!!! And you will not find medical research that states that anal sex is inherently unhealthy or harmful. You lie. A lot.
<quoted text>
And yet none of the children raised in gay headed households will concur with that. And guess what, they know better than you. More irrelevant and unsupported judgment from the fantasy land of KiMare's head!!!
<quoted text>
No dear, worst case situations would be children being raised by lying, hypocritical bigots like yourself. Can't imagine how horrible that would be for a child.

Sadly, none of the hundreds of thousands of children being raised in gay headed households would concur. You lose again.
<quoted text>
We already are. But mindless slugs like yourself keep trying to prevent children from being given loving and supportive homes. You don't care about children at all. You're a despicable hypocrite. Nasty and vile to the core. Ugly.
<quoted text>
And yet none of the hundreds of thousands of children already raised by gay parents would agree with you. Know who else doesn't agree with you silly bitch?
American Academy of Pediatrics
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
American Psychoanalytic Association
National Association of Social Workers
Child Welfare League of America
North American Council on Adoptable Children
Canadian Psychological Association
LOL!!!! Smile Greggie!! You've just been spanked. Again. But do rush back with any of the supposedly fraudulent studies you mention and dissect them for us!!! We'd love to watch the meltdown!!!!
My guess is instead, you will cowardly ignore doing so and revert back to one of your other nonsensical talking points!!!
>
Wow! Hysterical much?
Very much. Inhibitively so...
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax fruitloops. You're screaming.
He has a disability...
"Aut-to-been-born-smarter -ism"
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
right... zero bearing at all
I donít care if same sex marriage was embraced by other cultures in history or not
I donít care if slavery was embraced by other cultures in history
I donít care of women were regarded as second class citizens in history
I donít care if protestants were burned at the stake for their religion in history
That was then, this is now.. welcome to... today
Just because something was true before, does not mean it should be today.
Yesterdays truth is todays truth. Truth is immutable.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What exactly does history tell us will happen? Please provide specific proof of what has happened to past societies that allowed same-sex marriage.
There weren't any. You know that.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What exactly does history tell us will happen? Please provide specific proof of what has happened to past societies that allowed same-sex marriage.
No past societies had their lawyers exploiting loopholes in their Constitutions. Common sense prevailed.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how everyone seems to misunderstand what you say? Maybe you actually say the things we say, but then you like to backpedal. Yeah... That's it...
Who's "everyone"? Oh, you mean "Everyone that supports SSM", right?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't misunderstand, you lied.
You don't speak for 'everyone'. That's a lie too.
Correct.
And.. Correct.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth doesnít change?
So you support slavery
You support the repression of women as second class citizens
You are a racist bigot?
You support burning protestants at the stake
All of those where truths
Truth doesnít change... are you volunteering to be burned first?
Slavery wasn't a truth.
The repression of women as second class citizens wasn't a truth.
A racist bigot isn't a truth.
Burning protestants at the stake wasn't a truth.
These were all acts, not truths. Any more than this post of yours....

Truths:
Slavery, or the forced service from another, was wrong.
Women aren't second class anything.
I'm a racist. I don't care if you call me one.
Burning protestants at the stake was as wrong as burning my kind, the witches.

These! These are truths. Your listed "truths" were, in fact, lies.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you name one culture where women were treated equally from start to finish. Just one.
Historical context. The argument of fools!!!!
Why don't you just cut and post this from now on: "But it's not been done before so therefore that magically translates to, it shouldn't be done now....despite the fact that I and no other bigot like me can establish a reason to deny it."
KiMare = Stupid cur
1) Ancient Egypt.
2) any other questions?
3) Have a nice day.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I can name quite a few that embraced slavery as a way of life from start to finish.
Donít look to the past for morality, that was then, this is now, welcome to Ö. today
Just because you choose to shit on the past, don't think that the rest of us do. We are wise because we pay attention to what has passed before.
Your logic means that, for instance, that children shouldn't look twice before crossing the street, because when little Timmy got killed by not looking yesterday, it was irrelevant to today.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think those things were always wrong, and slavery was always right, and repression of women as second class citizens was always right and burning protestants at the stake was always right.
I am sure glad I am not of your religion.
Cause I can tell you right now, your religion was always wrong.
WTF are you babbling on about now? Those things were wrong. He said so and you make the claim that he agrees with them? Holy shit, D, get a grip. Loosen that halo a bit....
Big D lie #.....oh, who's counting anymore....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

HeelAnToe wrote:
Just march yourself to the nearest BUS STATION AND BUY A ONE WAY TICKET TO the farthest destination the bus ravels to.
The entire SSM crowd is out there, where the buses don't run....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Often you are so silly stupid its not worth engaging.
(Rocky shakes his head ruefully at the D)...What more needs to be said?

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, those things were always wrong.
Calling mutually sterile duplicate gendered couples married is always wrong too.
This isn't rocket science.
But your argument against embracing homosexuality rests in the fact that no society has ever embraced homosexuality from beginning to end.

It's only logical that you believe that a culture's support of a certain behavior from beginning to end is a reason for its presence in contemporary society.

You don't get to have it both ways, Kim. Either history's support of slavery and homophobia indicates that these abominable actions should continue or they shouldn't. What's your pleasure?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
But your argument against embracing homosexuality rests in the fact that no society has ever embraced homosexuality from beginning to end.
It's only logical that you believe that a culture's support of a certain behavior from beginning to end is a reason for its presence in contemporary society.
You don't get to have it both ways, Kim. Either history's support of slavery and homophobia indicates that these abominable actions should continue or they shouldn't. What's your pleasure?
Well, that's just it, VV, we DO get to have it both ways. We get to decide what was correct from the past, and we get to learn what wasn't right. See? Easy, huh? We have the luxury of not having to be trapped by your faulty logic quiz....
Sorry if that messed up your carefully crafted conundrum, hope you didn't put too much time into that one....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 183,281 - 183,300 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance