Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 200,987

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211204 Aug 20, 2013
Really, VV, this is the most elementary stuff.....
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211205 Aug 20, 2013
VV, are you SURE that you have a higher education?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211206 Aug 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Can't believe Topix won't allow me to type "***h*le".
achhh. Censorship sucks.
Yeah, I learnt that, a while back, when posting to Chongo....
:-D
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#211207 Aug 20, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
"Can't believe Topix won't allow me to type "***h*le".
achhh. Censorship sucks."

Rocky Hudsony wrote:
"Yeah, I learnt that, a while back, when posting to Chongo....
:-D"

I was merely attempting to provide Chongo with an adequately specific description of its personality. RoboCop had to step in and protect Chongo...

Go figure....
Wrappers

Monrovia, CA

#211208 Aug 20, 2013
WOW the religious nutty lockers are on the lose tonight!

You mean tot tell me they are all wrapped to tight?

Answer, YE!
Miss State Flour 1963

Sonoma, CA

#211209 Aug 20, 2013
Cobby wrote:
This must be the "corn holler's" favorite site, I really mean the religious corn holler's.
Well, you finally accept that them leftists keep teaching unholy hooeyoats like climate change, carbonised deposits, evolution, and Bee Ess like the earth is older than the bible proves, which is 6,245 years old. There were NO dinosaurs, just like there is no SPIDEMAN. Get a grip. God will forgive you only if you forgo Obamacare and all them stuppid beliefes stupid beliefs like I said and you know, including retirment for folks what didnt get out when the outing was good or keep on working. If everybody would keep their job and not demand free chex from unemployment then we could all get by on $3.25 and hour like the next president has just said. Love Jesus and forget the rest.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#211210 Aug 20, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
To whom is saying that we are writing fake posts, then would you please prove what you are saying. We personally do not call people names, we not not sware or use profanity,we do not try to belittle someone either, and we are not the Holier than Thou either (for we are saved by Grace only), for we are only introducing Scripture to those out there that have not taken the time to Study God's Word and the subject on this forum is Prop. 8 being overturned and also people discussing their feelings about homosexuality and so we are addressing that subject. Whoever you are that wrote that post and you know who you are and so do we, please be more considerate of others when you are writing your notes. Is this the way you talk and treat your family?
Shutup you condescending beyotch. Pay attention to your own life and stop worrying about what others do. Gay people getting married does you no harm so it's none of your business.
Gustavo

Harbor City, CA

#211211 Aug 20, 2013
Frankie R. Hudsony, are you two done playing? Go to bed ,,,
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#211212 Aug 20, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
For those of you out there that think that we are not correct about our thread on this forum in our explaination about what this forum is suppose to be about, well, we mentioned that it was suppose to be about prop. 8, but we also said that it seems as though people are talking about homosexuals. Prop. 8 is only about same-sex marriage and are you saying that the same-sex married people are not homosexuals? You may have your head in the sand, for if it wasn't for homsexuals, there would not have been a prop. 8!! This is what this is all about, because homosexuals decided that they wanted to be equal with normal marriages, that they decided to force themselves into pushing and pushing their agenda and now the courts have decided to favor the homosexuals agenda, but I would like to tell you that the True Beliver in Christ will NEVER or EVER accept this court ruling. The only ones we accept as Marriage is what God intended it to be and that is MAN+WOMAN=MARRIAGE!!
Civil marriage is a contract and has nothing to do with god. Feel free to add a religious context to your own marriage if you wish, but in this country we have separation of church and state. Religion is not part of the civil act of marriage unless you make it part of your personal situation.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#211213 Aug 20, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, those things were always wrong.
Calling mutually sterile duplicate gendered couples married is always wrong too.
This isn't rocket science.
The Supreme Court disagrees with you. Sorry.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#211214 Aug 20, 2013
commonpeeps wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, let me guess... how many ways can a man bone another man??? doesn't take too much thinking to figure that one out. We're not curious (George) we're disgusted, there is a difference. Yeah, yeah, differences don't mean much to you right? And your entire post was talking about what you're complaining about us talking about. So you said it , we get it, just sit and watch from now on.
Not all gay men engage in anal sex, just so you know.
Wrappers

Monrovia, CA

#211215 Aug 20, 2013
The conclusion is your all wrapped really to tight for tonight's posting marathon.

Take your sleepy time pills and get off this board.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#211216 Aug 20, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterdays truth is todays truth. Truth is immutable.
Most "truths" are simply opinions masquerading as truth.
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#211217 Aug 20, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
Dear heartandmind, We will not write back to anyone individually anymore, for we believe it is a waste of our time.
Ok Sybil.
Wrappers

Monrovia, CA

#211218 Aug 20, 2013
Non bio degradable BULL Sheaters

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#211219 Aug 20, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
Dear heartandmind, We will not write back to anyone individually anymore, for we believe it is a waste of our time.
Did you just figure that out? Most of us here are not into embracing the Westboro doctrine.

Sacramento, CA

#211220 Aug 20, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
We have a family member that has had mental illness for much of her life.
Did you tell her it was because of her genealogy of sin. And therefore write her off?

Sacramento, CA

#211221 Aug 20, 2013
suzanne henderson wrote:
This is because of the nasty drugs they push down ones throat. We did not take her anymore because her condition was so bad, so God did intervene and I heard a message over TV that was for me, so I got up laid hands on her and she started to pull out of it. We took her to a neurologist and he could not believe what she had been through because he had seen her a few times when we had taken her to the clinic. She completly pulled out of the state she was in because God was healing her fast. I had volunteered at this clinic for many years as a singing director and I stayed there on the the days we took the family member and I saw everything there was to see in mental illness. Three of them commmitted Suicide and one of them was overdrugged and fell in the street and died at the age of 23. We believe if the clinic would have allowed me or my husband to witness Christ to these people, we may have helped some of them. We sincerly believe that this can happen. We had a ministry for 10 years with no money involved and people would come and not be interested in the Bible, but liked the fellowship, but let me tell you when some of them had a crisis in their lives, 2 of them came knocking at our door in the middle of the night and one of them was on the verge of committing suicide because of adultry. We have been married for 55 years and we have been in lots of denominations and we finally got back into the Bible for Christ Holy Spirit is the only teacher (First John 2:27). We believe that God put us together for his service. We knew a psychologist who was a Christian and he helped many people. You do not need a psychiatist, you need Christ and we have seen this first hand experience. We know of alot of homosexuals that have been saved and come straight as a result of someone out there helping them in their sins and now they are married with children. Thank you for your comment to us.
BS...are you saying God can't use a Doctor to heal? Do you know any homosexuals that were saved and came straight? You do lie a lot. I know some homosexuals that are homosexuals and are saved. You are the one making people want to kill themselves. How many of those gays did themselves in because of your confusion? Forty years ago, it was medically determined that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexuality. And 40 years later you are still fighting it. Instead of fighting it, why don't you embrace and love the person? Accept others as they are and always have been. You act like gay is a disease. Why do you keep hurting people so much?
kookaa

Long Beach, CA

#211222 Aug 20, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>BS...are you saying God can't use a Doctor to heal? Do you know any homosexuals that were saved and came straight? You do lie a lot. I know some homosexuals that are homosexuals and are saved. You are the one making people want to kill themselves. How many of those gays did themselves in because of your confusion? Forty years ago, it was medically determined that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexuality. And 40 years later you are still fighting it. Instead of fighting it, why don't you embrace and love the person? Accept others as they are and always have been. You act like gay is a disease. Why do you keep hurting people so much?
Because she is evil, masquerading as a self-righteous "Christian".
Wow

Delano, CA

#211223 Aug 20, 2013
Don't any of you respect God anymore..you people are selfish, hypocritical, and twisted people those of you who call whatever your "thing of a relationship" to be a "marriage"..crazy people..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monterey Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 6 hr ForkBelly 7,962
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Flaggstaff 5,083
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 hr Eric 69,427
Suri Cruise's dog is missing in Los Angeles Sun fancy 3
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Sun theos 2,276
Dennis W (Veeser) from Krakow Wi. Sep 19 Mia 1
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sep 18 Pizza 16,000
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Monterey News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Monterey