Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
183,241 - 183,260 of 200,325 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is, those things were always wrong.
Calling mutually sterile duplicate gendered couples married is always wrong too.
This isn't rocket science.
So you thing those things were always wrong, and slavery was always right, and repression of women as second class citizens was always right and burning protestants at the stake was always right.

I am sure glad I am not of your religion.

Cause I can tell you right now, your religion was always wrong.
suzanne henderson

Lincoln, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Thank you so very much for all your comments today. We will give all of you that disagree with us some relief so that you can challenge someone else for the rest of today. I have a job to do and also work to be done for my family. As Jesus said "I'LL BE BACK".
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
Thank you so very much for all your comments today. We will give all of you that disagree with us some relief so that you can challenge someone else for the rest of today. I have a job to do and also work to be done for my family. As Jesus said "I'LL BE BACK".
That was Arnold.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
To heartandmind, I know exactly who wrote what, but I really do not want for the most part to attack anyone personally because they wrote something that I do not agree with. I know how to reply on this forum, but not everybody reads every post, like myself, I do not either read every post. If I start reading and I see that someone is using filthy language, or calling names to one another, I immediately move on to another post. I have said that my husband and I are only on this forum for one purpose. We believe in witnessing about Christ, so in that being said, we feel that there is so many people out there that are crying, feeling guilty for what they have done and do not know what to do, thinking about commtting suicide (of which I have read on the internet that many homosexuals have already committed suicide), or anything that they may need help for in any sin that they are doing. We do not have all the answers to everything and I have never said that, but we are not here for those who attack us or say bad things, we are only here to help someone to find God through His Son Jesus (Yeshua) and he will do the rest. If someone does not like our post and does not agree that is fine, but it does not really bother us, for we are not here for them. This post is suppose to be about prop. 8 and that has to do with same-sex marriages and that has to do with homosexuals, so we decided to come on to this forum and maybe someone will listen to what God has to say about it, for we did not write the Scriptures, we are only trying to tell what most people would not take the time to check the Bible out for themselves, but there are those who do read it only to argue about it and we do know the difference.
Thank you for your comment.
just because you quote or reply to a posting doesn't mean that you're attacking anyone. that much we all understand. so don't be afraid to hit "reply".

you say you're here for those crying out for help....fine...but you do realize that we've all been offered the same "help" you're offering throughout our lives. and that "help" you think you offer doesn't really "help". i point to exodus international as a reference. i point to the latest laws in california and now new jersey making it illegal for this "tranformative therapy" to be done to minors. that should be a dead giveaway to you and others like you that everyone views those "efforts" as non-effective - some would say even downright offensive and abusive.

furthermore, if you're attempting to council those that are "crying and feeling guilty about what they've done", i think you need to know that you could do more harm to a person's psyche than good. i know this because i work in a program in my community that councils teens that have attempted suicide or have threatened to commit suicide. my pastor and fellwo congregant that's a clinical psychologist bring me in when it's a gay or questioning teen that's been bullied or abused. and by and large, given that we're in texas (bible belt buckle, so to speak), what i hear is not good. every single teen has told us the same story - hearing the same things you're talking about sharing. maybe not as kindly as you're attempting to phrase things....but, it's there. the blood of many teens and young adults is on the hands of those that try what you're doing - pushing the kids around emotionally by using those same biblical passages, their faith, their religion against the kid. even the kids that are around these teens are doing the same things - and have been taught by their parents and their churches..so they're just acting on what they've been taught.

you may think you're doing good - but you're hurting more than helping kids. please, stop, and let trained professionals deal with the hurting souls, if for no other reason than to save a life.
heartandmind

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

oneboner wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just fine, thank you.....and you?
lololololol
Women and men are different.....and vive la difference.
Please stop trying to project YOUR lil problems upon the remainder of the human race.
You may screw anyone you like (if they are agreeable), in any way that you like(if they are agreeable),. Quite frankly, I(we) don't care.
Just do us a favor and keep it to yourself. I do not tell you about my private life, and I (we) don't want to know about yours......and again, thank you in advance.
you're "fine"? really?

i don't share tidbits about my sex life. with anyone. why is it that folks like you are so dang curious about who does what to whom in a same sex relationship? do you guys just sit and visualize what goes on? do you do this when you meet heterosexual couples, too? i just find it utterly odd that anyone would even talk about these acts - and it's you and folks like you that talk in details.

odd. just entirely odd.
your statements and postings sure indicate someone that's "not so fine".
HeelAnToe

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Just march yourself to the nearest BUS STATION AND BUY A ONE WAY TICKET TO the farthest destination the bus ravels to.
commonpeeps

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you're "fine"? really?
i don't share tidbits about my sex life. with anyone. why is it that folks like you are so dang curious about who does what to whom in a same sex relationship? do you guys just sit and visualize what goes on? do you do this when you meet heterosexual couples, too? i just find it utterly odd that anyone would even talk about these acts - and it's you and folks like you that talk in details.
odd. just entirely odd.
Uh, let me guess... how many ways can a man bone another man??? doesn't take too much thinking to figure that one out. We're not curious (George) we're disgusted, there is a difference. Yeah, yeah, differences don't mean much to you right? And your entire post was talking about what you're complaining about us talking about. So you said it , we get it, just sit and watch from now on.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
So you thing those things were always wrong, and slavery was always right, and repression of women as second class citizens was always right and burning protestants at the stake was always right.
I am sure glad I am not of your religion.
Cause I can tell you right now, your religion was always wrong.
Often you are so silly stupid its not worth engaging.
papo

Mira Loma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
Hahaha. St. Suzy get your movies straight
oneboner

Kelseyville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
you're "fine"? really?
odd. just entirely odd.
Nope. Don't wanna know...in fact, I am sick of seeing these 200,000 obsessive compulsive posts on the subject.
it is truly weird and it is past time to stop it..,.....but you cannot, can you?
Trust me......I will stop posting.
Let's agree, ok? Stop this weird arsed thread.
ya right.....one of your ilk will keep r going.....you just cannot help yourselves.
Freeps called

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Just march yourself to the nearest BUS STATION AND BUY A ONE WAY TICKET TO the farthest destination the bus travels to.
droid

Mira Loma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
Hey you want to meet up with me at christian mingle? I bet your a cougar yum yum yum!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Often you are so silly stupid its not worth engaging.
I agree but that's what I like best.

Big D being a silly-stupid drama princess. "Slavery!!" "Repression of women as second class citizens!!" "Burning Protestants at the stake!!". Oy vey.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but that's what I like best.
Big D being a silly-stupid drama princess. "Slavery!!" "Repression of women as second class citizens!!" "Burning Protestants at the stake!!". Oy vey.
Glad you're there to cover it Frankie.

Just be careful you don't go too far, you know he's special needs.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you're there to cover it Frankie.
Just be careful you don't go too far, you know he's special needs.
LOL. Big D's working hours are over anyway. He's done goofing off on Topix for the day. He's cheated his boss out of another day's pay.
Dan Domoorre

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

I always go to Paul and Harvey's for a bang up good time. See you there lover boy.

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
To who it is that quoted me that I do not believe that a Christian can sin, you are correct. For that does not mean that Christians do not please God at times like anger or having bad feelings for a time etc,. I will explain what I am talking about. In the Book of First John Chapter 3 verses 8-9 and I quote: "He that committeth sin is of the devil, for the devil sinneth from the beginning, for this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." Sir, because you do not want to believe or want to argue, we are quoting what our Creator wrote through the Prophets and we know that there are other Scriptures that pertain to people sinning, but before we are saved, we were sinners, but now we are bought with a price of Christ's Blood on the Cross and we should not practice sin. In the Old Testament King David who was a man of God did go against His God and did commit 2 very bad sins, but he paid the ultimate price for what he did, so if a Christian does fall for a time, they will suffer consequenses for what they have done, but with a contrite Spirit, God may forgive them to come back, but I would be extremely careful from that point on and not practice sin.
any Christian who would say that he does not sin anymore fails to agree with 1 John 1:8 which says, "If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us." He would then be self-decieved.

You are a Liar.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
I have said that my husband and I are only on this forum for one purpose. We believe in witnessing about Christ, so in that being said, we feel that there is so many people out there that are crying, feeling guilty for what they have done and do not know what to do, thinking about commtting suicide (of which I have read on the internet that many homosexuals have already committed suicide)
You and your husband are actually driving people away from Christ, you and Your husband are trying to make gay people feel guilty for who they are. The ones committing suicide today are the transgenders that are being hated from groups that you and your husband send money to. You and your husband are the problem. I have never read about anyone on any topic say they want to kill themselves. Try taking a drive to San Francisco, enjoy the cool breeze and guard the Golden Gate Bridge. Guess what? it's mostly straight people jumping.

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

suzanne henderson wrote:
YOU and your Husband don't speak for God, Stop playing God, get into a good Bible believing Church, you and your husband need a lot of help. I know it's sad that you can't attend Westboro, but that is not the Church I was talking about.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
I was somewhere near finishing elementary school in '70. In the south. The teachers were all matronly in there. Except my first grade teacher. And my 5th grade teacher. He was the only man in a teaching position in the entire school. We all feared him. And our principal. I think she was twelve feet tall and weighed about 700 lbs. She also was rumored to have a paddling machine in her office. I never found out. In reality she was a kind but firm woman. As was my 5th grade teacher. Well, he wasn't a kind but firm woman. He was a kind but firm man. Not many kids gave him a problem. If they did it was usually limited to just once.
That is what is wrong with today's public schools. If you got in trouble at school, you got in trouble at home too. If it was bad enough there was a meeting between your parents and the teacher. Maybe the principal. Then you got in some more trouble at home after that meeting. Now the parents and lawyers come after the teacher while the principal looks at the floor and runs her left big toe in a circle. Then she gets fired for daring to correct someone's innocent little darling. I dunno why anyone wants to become a teacher anymore.
It's a completely thankless job, anymore...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Monterey Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Monterey People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••